Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,645 members, 7,809,434 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 09:32 AM

How Good Are Jetbrains Products - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / How Good Are Jetbrains Products (1678 Views)

How Good Is Dell Latitude E6420 For Programming / How Good Are Bucky Roberts Programming Tutorials? / How Good Is Computer Programming Job Market In Nigeria? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Good Are Jetbrains Products by luvyaself95(m): 1:19pm On Nov 06, 2019
Just Find out about jetbrains products ( IDE'S) the day before yesterday and my questions are
Can IntelliJ IDEA build apps and games like Android Studio
Can Pycharm Develop Web and other stuffs
Can Clion develop AAA games and Applications
Re: How Good Are Jetbrains Products by Nobody: 2:46pm On Nov 06, 2019
Yeah it's nice but visual studio remains the undefeated and the best.

2 Likes

Re: How Good Are Jetbrains Products by luvyaself95(m): 3:08pm On Nov 06, 2019
Ausrichie:

but it file is too large to download and it do consume a lot of space like 41GB that why i want to be using Jetbrains IDE'S
Re: How Good Are Jetbrains Products by Nobody: 3:14pm On Nov 06, 2019
luvyaself95:

but it file is too large to download and it do consume a lot of space like 41GB that why i want to be using Jetbrains IDE'S
Yah jetbrains is good and besides visual studio's downloads are compressed e.g a 3gb download will be compressed to 1gb and you will only use 1gb to download it night plan can take care of it. But Jetbrains is the only ide I can compare with visual studio the rest usually have annoying problems.
Re: How Good Are Jetbrains Products by luvyaself95(m): 6:49pm On Nov 06, 2019
Ausrichie:

Yah jetbrains is good and besides visual studio's downloads are compressed e.g a 3gb download will be compressed to 1gb and you will only use 1gb to download it night plan can take care of it. But Jetbrains is the only ide I can compare with visual studio the rest usually have annoying problems.

are really serious which of the visual studio is 1GB
Visual Studio Code or Visual Studio Ide.
I have Code::block it doesn't seem easy to use.
developing apps, games and other things is it possible with Jetbrains Apps.
Re: How Good Are Jetbrains Products by Nobody: 10:51am On Nov 07, 2019
luvyaself95:

are really serious which of the visual studio is 1GB
Visual Studio Code or Visual Studio Ide.
I have Code::block it doesn't seem easy to use.
developing apps, games and other things is it possible with Jetbrains Apps.
The whole bloody visual studio with the c++ package is a 1gb download that will be decompressed to produce a 3gb file, python's package is smaller. The problem people make is that they try to get the ISO image(disk) file or they go to pirate bay the thing is that Microsoft compresses the files for you then while downloading it reduces the size and note that there is no difference between visual studio code and visual studio ide. The visual studio code is a text editor for the visual studio package the other packages that come along with it makes the ide whole.

To develop a game you need a game engine and finding a python game engine isn't easy c# and c++ are more sought after in gameplay programming, you can use jetbrains for making apps but for phones I prefer you research that well and besides Visual Studio and Jetbrains are more complicated than Code::Blocks.

In case you'd like to download visual studio keep on reading or if you'd rather check the internet go on.

First and foremost, get like 5gb data in case you are stuck with data suckers like airtel and etisalat(etisalat is fast though and more preferred for this operation but well they still swipe data).

To download visual studio firstly search visual studio download in your browser, then choose the best results I know this will take you to the Microsoft website just do whatever they tell you to do then at the end of the shitty protocol you would download a download assistant don't leave without downloading this or maybe in another case a setup, in all don't leave without getting one of them. Run the file you downloaded and at this point you must have an uninterrupted and stable internet connection, if you got the assistant you would download the setup file first, if you did not then run the setup and at this point hope that nothing goes wrong don't use glo, Mtn or airtel, use etisalat unfortunately if you are stuck with the cursed networks then just cross your fingers that you download it without having to start from the beginning or without the whole operation failing. Now don't you ever think of stopping the operation I warn again you'll regret it. After everything is done run your visual studio.
Re: How Good Are Jetbrains Products by luvyaself95(m): 7:01pm On Nov 07, 2019
Ausrichie:

The whole bloody visual studio with the c++ package is a 1gb download that will be decompressed to produce a 3gb file, python's package is smaller. The problem people make is that they try to get the ISO image(disk) file or they go to pirate bay the thing is that Microsoft compresses the files for you then while downloading it reduces the size and note that there is no difference between visual studio code and visual studio ide. The visual studio code is a text editor for the visual studio package the other packages that come along with it makes the ide whole.

To develop a game you need a game engine and finding a python game engine isn't easy c# and c++ are more sought after in gameplay programming, you can use jetbrains for making apps but for phones I prefer you research that well and besides Visual Studio and Jetbrains are more complicated than Code::Blocks.

In case you'd like to download visual studio keep on reading or if you'd rather check the internet go on.

First and foremost, get like 5gb data in case you are stuck with data suckers like airtel and etisalat(etisalat is fast though and more preferred for this operation but well they still swipe data).

To download visual studio firstly search visual studio download in your browser, then choose the best results I know this will take you to the Microsoft website just do whatever they tell you to do then at the end of the shitty protocol you would download a download assistant don't leave without downloading this or maybe in another case a setup, in all don't leave without getting one of them. Run the file you downloaded and at this point you must have an uninterrupted and stable internet connection, if you got the assistant you would download the setup file first, if you did not then run the setup and at this point hope that nothing goes wrong don't use glo, Mtn or airtel, use etisalat unfortunately if you are stuck with the cursed networks then just cross your fingers that you download it without having to start from the beginning or without the whole operation failing. Now don't you ever think of stopping the operation I warn again you'll regret it. After everything is done run your visual studio.

You're saying visual studio code and Visual studio ide are the same but wikipedia and people opinions are visual studio ide is for developing of games and apps.
Re: How Good Are Jetbrains Products by Abcruz(m): 9:19pm On Nov 07, 2019
I stand to be corrected.
IDE is basically a development environment to make codes look neat and presentable.

it is the programming language and it's libraries that determines what you're creating and not the IDE.
Re: How Good Are Jetbrains Products by makavele: 1:38pm On Nov 08, 2019
Ausrichie:

Visual studio code is A CODE EDITOR
JetBrain products are full-fledged IDEs

Take a moment to understand deeply the difference between a code editor and an IDE . . . then you'll find out for yourself if you want an IDE or not

If you can keep up with payment for JetBrains after the free trial, it is superb.

The best feature I like about it is the "live code analysis . . it watches your codes as you type and analyses it on the fly"
and it tells you when you're writing spaghetti code . . . and offers you a better replacement of that "spaghetti line"

It tells you when a particular block is too complex and should be simplified . . .
or tells you when you're running an unnecessary loop over external properties (which is not what you want).

Then if you're into DevOps; you can facilitate your pipelines right from there
and create cron jobs if you so desire. And you don't need to download any plugins. It works right outta the box.

Stuffs you can't get with a regular code editor . . .

The artificial intelligence is A++.
Re: How Good Are Jetbrains Products by Nobody: 4:25pm On Nov 08, 2019
makavele:

Take a moment to understand deeply the difference between a code editor and an IDE . . . then you'll find out for yourself if you want an IDE or not

If you can keep up with payment for JetBrains after the free trial, it is superb.

The best feature I like about it is the "live code analysis . . it watches your codes as you type and analyses it on the fly"
and it tells you when you're writing spaghetti code . . . and offers you a better replacement of that "spaghetti line"

It tells you when a particular block is too complex and should be simplified . . .
or tells you when you're running an unnecessary loop over external properties (which is not what you want).

and create cron jobs if you so desire. And you don't need to download any plugins. It works right outta the box.

Abeggi Visual studio code is the code editor for the visual studio ide so they are one and every human being you meet will tell you that visual studio is the best and unrivaled so shift. Every ide uses a FVCKING CODE EDITOR.
Re: How Good Are Jetbrains Products by Nobody: 4:28pm On Nov 08, 2019
luvyaself95:

You're saying visual studio code and Visual studio ide are the same but wikipedia and people opinions are visual studio ide is for developing of games and apps.
Well, okay I may have gone out of the way to say that they are the same. All ides need code editors so visual studio code is visual studio's own code editor let me put it like that.
Re: How Good Are Jetbrains Products by makavele: 5:00pm On Nov 08, 2019
Ausrichie:

Abeggi Visual studio code is the code editor for the visual studio ide so they are one and every human being you meet will tell you that visual studio is the best and unrivaled so shift. Every ide uses a FVCKING CODE EDITOR.

Educate yourself !!!

No wonder the Nairaland Programming section died . . . I see

Re: How Good Are Jetbrains Products by luvyaself95(m): 7:12pm On Nov 08, 2019
Ausrichie:

Well, okay I may have gone out of the way to say that they are the same. All ides need code editors so visual studio code is visual studio's own code editor let me put it like that.

Okay thanks All The Way for the advice so far.
Re: How Good Are Jetbrains Products by luvyaself95(m): 7:18pm On Nov 08, 2019
makavele:

Thanks for stopping by I've understand the guy and beside i know the different between Visual Studio code and Visual studio ide.
so about the jetbrains products i will be so happy if it turns as you just describe them.
but is intellij IDEA good as android studio for developing android apps and cross platform apps.
and other ide like pycharm,webstorm and clion are they really
Re: How Good Are Jetbrains Products by luvyaself95(m): 7:21pm On Nov 08, 2019
makavele:

Educate yourself !!!

Get this words on Google too i will be going for JetBrains
but is intellij IDEA good as android studio.
Re: How Good Are Jetbrains Products by makavele: 11:37pm On Nov 08, 2019
luvyaself95:

Get this words on Google too i will be going for JetBrains
but is intellij IDEA good as android studio.

ItelliJ IDEA is a java IDE . . . so can be used for any other stuff related to Java.
They already have Android Studio by Google dedicated for Android development as part of the toolbox apps. See screenshot

Re: How Good Are Jetbrains Products by Nobody: 12:34am On Nov 09, 2019
makavele:

Educate yourself !!!

I don't have time for you you have never used the visual studio and I have. So just move aside if you don't want to understand English. Feeling like a know it all Visual studio code is visual studio's own code editor simple as ABC. If you want to talk nonsense there is someone beside you.
Re: How Good Are Jetbrains Products by luvyaself95(m): 4:44am On Nov 09, 2019
makavele:

ItelliJ IDEA is a java IDE . . . so can be used for any other stuff related to Java.
They already have Android Studio by Google dedicated for Android development as part of the toolbox apps. See screenshot

OK, but intellij can still develop android apps right
Re: How Good Are Jetbrains Products by makavele: 6:21pm On Nov 09, 2019
luvyaself95:

OK, but intellij can still develop android apps right

100%
Re: How Good Are Jetbrains Products by makavele: 6:23pm On Nov 09, 2019
Ausrichie:

I don't have time for you you have never used the visual studio and I have. So just move aside if you don't want to understand English. Feeling like a know it all Visual studio code is visual studio's own code editor simple as ABC. If you want to talk nonsense there is someone beside you.

Say no more . . .

Go play !!!

Re: How Good Are Jetbrains Products by Nobody: 9:59pm On Nov 09, 2019
makavele:

Say no more . . .

Go play !!!
Mtcheew I miss my laptop ehen check your installer and look to the right side that is those things that are marked to be installed or are installed anyway you'll see Vs code. First person I've seen using pro. Sha preferences. And can you sell your applications if you use the community licence.
Re: How Good Are Jetbrains Products by makavele: 12:15pm On Nov 10, 2019
Ausrichie:

Mtcheew I miss my laptop ehen check your installer and look to the right side that is those things that are marked to be installed or are installed anyway you'll see Vs code. First person I've seen using pro. Sha preferences. And can you sell your applications if you use the community licence.

Say no more . . Go PLAY !!!

(1) (Reply)

Xmas Codes / Codeigniter Vs Wordpress – Make The Right Web Development Platform Selection / Programmers::: Have You Heard About This?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.