Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,150 members, 7,811,285 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 08:16 AM

What Causes Body Itching? See Cause And Simple Solutions - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / What Causes Body Itching? See Cause And Simple Solutions (772 Views)

Does Dettol Causes Body Odour? / Serious Body Itching. / It Not Juju Or Magun, Simple Solutions To Separate Two Lovers Trapped During Sex (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

What Causes Body Itching? See Cause And Simple Solutions by valentineuwakwe(m): 10:54am On Nov 07, 2019
I have written several articles on top blogs and websites about this subject matter and over the years it has earn me recognition online cos the whole experience was a personal one which I have come to study and know I was on point when giving the solutions. I am writing it here as I know this forum is a top one and one which would offer its readers a greater user experience.

For some people, pruritus, which refers to itchy skin, is a constant battle. It can be difficult to understand exactly what causing the skin to itch is.

Itching may be most noticeable at night, during the day, or both. When there are itching symptoms, there can be a leathery or scary texture to the skin depending on the cause.

Itching can be caused by toxins on the skin such as poison ivy, poison sumac or grass oil, medications, liver disease, kidney disease, insect bites, hives, rare form of skin cancer, irritation from clothing, eczema, dermatitis etc, and many other conditions, or it can remain unexplained. Infectious causes of itching include sexually transmitted diseases (STD), parasite such as scabies, fleas, bedbugs, pinworms, lice and viral rashes.

Medically, itching is known as pruritus. Perhaps the best definition of itching is by the response it evokes – it’s a feeling that makes you want to scratch. Rash or redness can be present with itching from scratching or from the underlying condition.

Symptoms of Body itching after Bath

The first symptoms about body itching is the scratching you get after bath. Each daily bath come with a 10-15mins itching that may be severe at times.

Another sign is when you notice dandruff on your hair. This dandruff tends to be ignited the moment you pour water on your head and uses a sponge to scrub it and towards all your body.

The itching may cause redness of your skin but in all the itching only occur after bath and last just 15mins maximum.

If you notice, each time you bath without sponge or by not rubbing the sponge on your head and bath does not cause any itching for the day, so that shows it’s the dandruff on the hair.

Causes of Body itching after Bath

I have outlined some of the major causes of body itching after bath here and I know it will be helpful in identifying the solutions to the subject matter.

The most common cause for itching to occur after a shower is dryness of the skin. Dry air, soaps, hot water, these can deplete the skin of essential oils and nutrients, making it dry. This makes the nerves more sensitive, causing one to feel itchy.

Another cause which I noticed personally is dandruff from the hair. If you have dandruff, you are bound to itch after bath. This occurs whenever you use the sponge to scrub your hair during shower and immediately after you wipe your body with a towel, the itching starts lasting for about 10-15mins.
continue reading at : www.infonet247.com

(1) (Reply)

45 Persons In US Contract Coronavirus ‘through The Air’ At Choir Rehearsal / Why Is It That Mad People In The Street Are Not Getting Corona Virus? / Kano Records More Deaths

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.