Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,544 members, 7,812,714 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 05:56 PM

Want A Good Job In Nigeria? 6 Factors To Consider - Jobs/Vacancies (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Want A Good Job In Nigeria? 6 Factors To Consider (13323 Views)

How To Get A Good Job In Nigeria – Key Factors To Consider / GBFoods Africa Job Recruitment In Nigeria (6 Positions) / No Good Job? –try These Top 7 Nigerian ICT Jobs With High Employment Rate (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Want A Good Job In Nigeria? 6 Factors To Consider by Florblu(f): 7:44am On Nov 08, 2019
I agree with Connection, social recruiting and interview skills.

Though i have never gotten a job via connection before but social recruiting works for me a lot. Nairaland worked for me from 2016 to late 2017 as what we have now are bloggers posting only job links from their blogs.. I intend to revive the Job/Vacancy section on Nairaland soon.
Linkedln has been working for me since 2018 till date. And interview skills is very important. Know what and when to say it during interview
Re: Want A Good Job In Nigeria? 6 Factors To Consider by hoojay1(m): 7:45am On Nov 08, 2019
Hey we offer WhatsApp online training in the following areas;

1. MINI IMPORTATION

2. 3D ANIMATION VIDEO CREATION (With your Android phone)

3. BLOGGING

4. DIGITAL MARKETING

Reach me on WhatsApp,

Or
Re: Want A Good Job In Nigeria? 6 Factors To Consider by Thegoodone13(m): 7:46am On Nov 08, 2019
3rdavefarms:

Why are you using two accts on here
how? I don't have two accounts.
Re: Want A Good Job In Nigeria? 6 Factors To Consider by adeoba2008(m): 7:47am On Nov 08, 2019
What you need is IT skills and connections. Others are thrash. If you have skills and you don't have others, from my own experience , organisations will still manage you. many times some elements where I worked have tried to get me fired but because I have up to 9 skills and they will need at least three people to replace me, I still stand gidigba. I am sharing those secrets on my blog for free.
Re: Want A Good Job In Nigeria? 6 Factors To Consider by Gangsa(m): 7:52am On Nov 08, 2019
Re: Want A Good Job In Nigeria? 6 Factors To Consider by Myhusband(m): 7:59am On Nov 08, 2019
Monogamy:
While connections/Legs is missing..

Na fuel attendance position person go get for Nigeria without having any connections

in this country all na connection. even for party if you don't know people they will served people around you and served yours late hour
Re: Want A Good Job In Nigeria? 6 Factors To Consider by Monogamy: 8:01am On Nov 08, 2019
Myhusband:

in this country all na connection. even for party if you don't know people they will served people you around and served yours later

It's too early biko.. Laugh wan tear my belle
Re: Want A Good Job In Nigeria? 6 Factors To Consider by Kulas: 8:04am On Nov 08, 2019
Leave all these rubbish post in Nairaland ,just to advertise your website or blog. All you write is trash and moderators should stop posting all these rubbish on front page. As far as Nigeria is concerned if you like get what pass first class or posses more than required skills,it is who you know that gives you job which is the number one you write, every other thing 2-6 are trash.
Re: Want A Good Job In Nigeria? 6 Factors To Consider by opedaydydx9(m): 8:12am On Nov 08, 2019
mrvitalis:
Bla bla bla same old story

If u have tried to watch interview or conduct one you would see most Nigerians are have nothing to offer really

Quality labour is scarce in Nigeria ,very very scarce ...

First invest in yourself ,run certification courses in a particular area ....the oil sector n bank are the easiest to get job ....but everyone is doing safety

Oil sector for example u have construction n production

Chose one ,construction there are over 2000 options
I'd love to connect with you
Re: Want A Good Job In Nigeria? 6 Factors To Consider by Kastrom: 8:15am On Nov 08, 2019
mrvitalis:

If u have tried to watch interview or conduct one you would see most Nigerians are have nothing to offer really

First invest in yourself ,run certification courses in a particular area ....the oil sector n bank are the easiest to get job ....but everyone is doing safety

Explain more better
Re: Want A Good Job In Nigeria? 6 Factors To Consider by DexterousOne(m): 8:25am On Nov 08, 2019
mrvitalis:

You have a point there
Re: Want A Good Job In Nigeria? 6 Factors To Consider by Femijohn198: 8:57am On Nov 08, 2019
connection all the way if you're in naija land,no more merit,And if you're a lady be ready to submit your pussy for the oga's at d top.
Re: Want A Good Job In Nigeria? 6 Factors To Consider by soleexx(m): 9:20am On Nov 08, 2019
your Destiny is your major concern... if u like get connected or not... When it's time ur feet will take you where you are suppose to be

1 Like

Re: Want A Good Job In Nigeria? 6 Factors To Consider by BluntBoy(m): 10:15am On Nov 08, 2019
slimjosh231:
All nonsense. Even if you can’t read and write, with the right connection you’ll rule this Country.

You must know how to read and write to govern this country.

You people should stop spreading this claim. Only ignorant people spread news that they haven't verified.

Even our military leaders were/are literate.
Re: Want A Good Job In Nigeria? 6 Factors To Consider by BluntBoy(m): 10:20am On Nov 08, 2019
Kulas:
Leave all these rubbish post in Nairaland ,just to advertise your website or blog. All you write is trash and moderators should stop posting all these rubbish on front page. As far as Nigeria is concerned if you like get what pass first class or posses more than required skills,it is who you know that gives you job which is the number one you write, every other thing 2-6 are trash.

Many people get jobs without knowing anyone. Someone like me. Even if you know people, you still need to do certain things to fulfil all righteousness.

The OP has given wonderful advice.
Re: Want A Good Job In Nigeria? 6 Factors To Consider by DexterousOne(m): 11:32am On Nov 08, 2019
BluntBoy:

Many people get jobs without knowing anyone. Someone like me. Even if you know people, you still need to do certain things to fulfil all righteousness.

The OP has given wonderful advice.

But most Nigerians won't believe the OP

You won't blamr them tho

Look at th system they find themselves in
Re: Want A Good Job In Nigeria? 6 Factors To Consider by Ketamine9000mg(m): 1:50pm On Nov 08, 2019
namiji2598:
even as the graduate, I once went for an interview as a cleaner ooooo my brother, the man asked me who send me, ahhhhhhh I shock, he replied who told u abt this job

You see.... connection everywhere. Lol!
Re: Want A Good Job In Nigeria? 6 Factors To Consider by BluntBoy(m): 2:07pm On Nov 08, 2019
DexterousOne:

But most Nigerians won't believe the OP

You won't blamr them tho

Look at th system they find themselves in

Yes, the system is really an obstacle.

The job I have now had a shortlist of a girl and me. I had lost hope because I felt that the girl (being a girl, beautiful and all) would get the job ahead of me. But I got the job.

So, the system may be bad, but we should also do our part. Put our CVs in order, craft engaging application letters, do our bit of self-projection on social media, and everything within our powers. Connection or not, we should help ourselves as well.
Re: Want A Good Job In Nigeria? 6 Factors To Consider by DexterousOne(m): 3:22pm On Nov 08, 2019
BluntBoy:

Yes, the system is really an obstacle.

The job I have now had a shortlist of a girl and me. I had lost hope because I felt that the girl (being a girl, beautiful and all) would get the job ahead of me. But I got the job.

So, the system may be bad, but we should also do our part. Put our CVs in order, craft engaging application letters, do our bit of self-projection on social media, and everything within our powers. Connection or not, we should help ourselves as well.

I believe u
Re: Want A Good Job In Nigeria? 6 Factors To Consider by Ajibade123(m): 4:34pm On Nov 08, 2019
see 12 rules of workplace email etiquatte with examples https://explicitsuccess.com/workplace-email-etiquette-rules-examples/
Re: Want A Good Job In Nigeria? 6 Factors To Consider by hinere(m): 6:09pm On Nov 08, 2019
Why waiting for a good job, why don't you go into Real Estate. The best part of it is that you can do it part time and earn 450K monthly if you play your cards right.

You don't need anything to be a partner. Just have a good brain. That's all.

Hit me up on my signature let's chat.
Re: Want A Good Job In Nigeria? 6 Factors To Consider by Elytron1604: 8:41pm On Nov 08, 2019
namiji2598:
even as the graduate, I once went for an interview as a cleaner ooooo my brother, the man asked me who send me, ahhhhhhh I shock, he replied who told u abt this job
grin grin grin
Re: Want A Good Job In Nigeria? 6 Factors To Consider by Sososo(f): 6:26am On Nov 11, 2019
mrvitalis:

you are very correct. Please can you throw more light on the production aspect. Maybe mention the areas or skills in the production aspect
Re: Want A Good Job In Nigeria? 6 Factors To Consider by Sososo(f): 6:35am On Nov 11, 2019
soleexx:
your Destiny is your major concern... if u like get connected or not... When it's time ur feet will take you where you are suppose to be
WORD. Are you a pastor?
Re: Want A Good Job In Nigeria? 6 Factors To Consider by soleexx(m): 9:20am On Nov 11, 2019
Sososo:
WORD. Are you a pastor?

nope I'm not... but that's just the fact... i believe in Destiny/Time... you will find ur own connection or rather will find u

(1) (2) (Reply)

Bow Tie To An Interview? Please I Need Your Advice / Nigerian Ports Authority Recruitment / Maersk Shipping Firm Recruiting

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.