Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,235 members, 7,818,788 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 03:31 AM

Oil Bloc: Mass Sack Looms As More IOCs Mull Exit - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Oil Bloc: Mass Sack Looms As More IOCs Mull Exit (21466 Views)

Protests In Kaduna Against El-Rufai, Insecurity, Mass Sack, Hunger (Photos) / Niger Delta Militants Make 5 Demands, Write IOCs / Crisis Begins After ABBA Kyari's Death, As The Cabal Fight Over Oil Bloc, OPL 11 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Oil Bloc: Mass Sack Looms As More IOCs Mull Exit by Nobody: 4:50pm On Nov 08, 2019
Nigeria is officially finished.
Re: Oil Bloc: Mass Sack Looms As More IOCs Mull Exit by Angelfrost(m): 4:55pm On Nov 08, 2019
Omoodua007:
This is why I said Nigeria must be restructured
This obsession with oil makes us vulnerable
How can a nation of 200m people rely on oil from Niger delta for Christsake
Nigeria’s successive leadership from Nnamdi Azikwe to Buhari have been disasterous

Extremely disastrous... Oil is now a dying commodity, does that mean the nation has to die with it??!...

Our leaders and citizens are so myopic.

1 Like

Re: Oil Bloc: Mass Sack Looms As More IOCs Mull Exit by bfire(m): 4:55pm On Nov 08, 2019
neoclassical:
This present administration has failed woefully in the management of our nation's economy. Nigeria's economy is nose-diving towards depression.

It's all over the world.

Perhaps you don't know what's really going on
they're only moving into the future.

Check what happened in Norway. Even EnCana of
Canada is moving her assets to USA

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Oil Bloc: Mass Sack Looms As More IOCs Mull Exit by Nobody: 4:56pm On Nov 08, 2019
Omoodua007:
Nigeria’s successive leadership from Nnamdi Azikwe to Buhari have been disasterous

restructuring will never happen because the North fear it will lead to the breakup of Nigeria but by not restructuring, they have simply assured the inevitable breakup of Nigeria

1 Like

Re: Oil Bloc: Mass Sack Looms As More IOCs Mull Exit by yom2(m): 5:09pm On Nov 08, 2019
frowland:
Never will their be a vacuum. Once they vanish, indigenous companies will fill in the blank spaces. Enough of this foreign companies milking us dry.
. Well I hope it wount be like May and Baker case
Re: Oil Bloc: Mass Sack Looms As More IOCs Mull Exit by paparazi1(m): 5:09pm On Nov 08, 2019
ijustdey:

....Total appoints bank to manage $750m asset sale

.....Oil industry job loss hits 3,500

https://www.newtelegraphng.com/2019/11/oil-bloc-mass-sack-looms-as-more-iocs-mull-exit/

That's what happen when when
Re: Oil Bloc: Mass Sack Looms As More IOCs Mull Exit by DRSEGUNBABA: 5:11pm On Nov 08, 2019
The stupid administration will probably tell the sacked oil workers to go into farming ��������
Re: Oil Bloc: Mass Sack Looms As More IOCs Mull Exit by paparazi1(m): 5:13pm On Nov 08, 2019
ijustdey:

....Total appoints bank to manage $750m asset sale

.....Oil industry job loss hits 3,500

https://www.newtelegraphng.com/2019/11/oil-bloc-mass-sack-looms-as-more-iocs-mull-exit/

That's what happen when Govt does not consider the pro and cons of their decision on innocent citizens.
Thinking thru their anus, is well
Re: Oil Bloc: Mass Sack Looms As More IOCs Mull Exit by sylve11: 5:20pm On Nov 08, 2019
frowland:
Never will their be a vacuum. Once they vanish, indigenous companies will fill in the blank spaces. Enough of this foreign companies milking us dry.

i laugh........ undecided cool

1 Like

Re: Oil Bloc: Mass Sack Looms As More IOCs Mull Exit by ambassador9: 5:21pm On Nov 08, 2019
I tire for Nigeria self
Re: Oil Bloc: Mass Sack Looms As More IOCs Mull Exit by Write4me(m): 5:40pm On Nov 08, 2019
Make dem comot so that Nigerians can buy it.

Enough of these company holding us to ransom and blackmailing is with mass sack...

Una must go lo ru ko Jesu.

2 Likes

Re: Oil Bloc: Mass Sack Looms As More IOCs Mull Exit by webngnews: 6:10pm On Nov 08, 2019
Oh
Re: Oil Bloc: Mass Sack Looms As More IOCs Mull Exit by Beat123(f): 6:11pm On Nov 08, 2019
Omoodua007:
niger delta hasn’t not improved!
We’ve been neglected.! No jobs , nothing

Right now! We breathing soot from flare. Come to my crib, wake up in the morning, use a white hanky and you’d see what you been breathing into your nostrilS
Re: Oil Bloc: Mass Sack Looms As More IOCs Mull Exit by Omoodua007: 6:16pm On Nov 08, 2019
Beat123:
niger delta hasn’t not improved!
We’ve been neglected.! No jobs , nothing

Right now! We breathing soot from flare. Come to my crib, wake up in the morning, use a white hanky and you’d see what you been breathing into your nostrilS

Idc what happens to Niger delta
You had NDDC ministry of Niger delta 13% derivation and presidency
You ought to had built more prosperous cities than South west
Instead ijaw was trying to establish itself as a dominating force smh

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Oil Bloc: Mass Sack Looms As More IOCs Mull Exit by oshaosha2014(m): 6:18pm On Nov 08, 2019
Nuclear war aka civil war. Soldiers go see mad civilians them go run.

Samanza89:
Artificial intelligence taking over...

Government bad policies...

Private sector laying off due to bad economy...

Government not concern about the plight of workers...

Workers being sacked into the already saturated labour market...

Nigeria where are you finally heading?...

I weep!!!
Re: Oil Bloc: Mass Sack Looms As More IOCs Mull Exit by mapet: 6:57pm On Nov 08, 2019
Racoon:
shocked Senseless policy somersult by the Buhari govt.Another negative for Nigeria.Recession loading.Meanwhile away with oil.

Senseless Policy somersault? Please explain to me which ones. Better still let me makenit more precise, explain how the recently accented Deep Offshore act is a senseless policy somersault?

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Oil Bloc: Mass Sack Looms As More IOCs Mull Exit by mapet: 7:00pm On Nov 08, 2019
You have a case of ignorance splashed over this thread

2 Likes

Re: Oil Bloc: Mass Sack Looms As More IOCs Mull Exit by sulaak(m): 7:13pm On Nov 08, 2019
Okoroawusa:

What do you know about the Oil n Gas Industry in Nigeria?

Enough, to know that Oil 'n'Gas industry has nothing, absolutely nothing to offer Nigeria.

We have natural gas but no electricity, oil but we import fuel, we have acquired a debt of close to $100bn that we can't service, polluted our rich delta ecosystems and created the most corrupt kleptocratic ruling class in human history due to our so-called oil industry, our young men and women refuse to farm because they assume they have oil to export.

I rather we never had oil.

2 Likes

Re: Oil Bloc: Mass Sack Looms As More IOCs Mull Exit by donprinyo(m): 7:27pm On Nov 08, 2019
Finally, Zimbabwe route activated
Re: Oil Bloc: Mass Sack Looms As More IOCs Mull Exit by salford: 7:37pm On Nov 08, 2019
voltron14:
The new telegraph knows nothing.

I work in the oil industry and can tell you that there were job losses across all oil producing and services companies across all oil producing countries of the world between 2015 and 2017.

To claim the Nigerian recession was the cause is highly irresponsible.

Oil companies are divesting away from onshore assets especially as they often produce less and as well, they are fraught with various community related problems.

For the offshore assets, oil companies do sometimes sell stakes for sundry reasons, such as to raise funds for other ventures or simply because the dollar doesn't make sense to them.

Note:

Addax sold to Sinopec in 2009.

What could the reason have been ?

Recession?
true. Alberta in Canada lost over 100,000 jobs between those years as well. As we speak, job losses are still ongoing. I was affected too in 2015. I thank God I was able to change industries.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Oil Bloc: Mass Sack Looms As More IOCs Mull Exit by K4daniel: 8:53pm On Nov 08, 2019
These oil companies will never leave NIGERIA if yiu like increase their tax..na today?..watch it anything FG say will be fully complied and they will still make their money..do you know the billiins of dollars these companies are making? after all the rumours and news they will never leave.

Oyel money is sweet they will just sack some staff then continue exploring the money in both upstream, midstream, onshore and offshore they will be doing as if they don't want to stay..so that you and i will not look that area and relocate our family abroad..while they keep making getting OML.

1 Like

Re: Oil Bloc: Mass Sack Looms As More IOCs Mull Exit by Beat123(f): 10:15pm On Nov 08, 2019
Omoodua007:

Idc what happens to Niger delta
You had NDDC ministry of Niger delta 13% derivation and presidency
You ought to had built more prosperous cities than South west
Instead ijaw was trying to establish itself as a dominating force smh
when you say south west, where in south west is prosperous?

You had
You had
You had!!!

Are you normal so? Am talking about governance and it’s structures n your here Talking crap!

Presidency that north have for a lot of times, does that make north better? Isn’t it obvious the structure is down or bad

Your here Talking you had....
Re: Oil Bloc: Mass Sack Looms As More IOCs Mull Exit by voltron14: 10:35pm On Nov 08, 2019
Beat123:

You had
You had
You had!!!

Are you normal so? Am talking about governance and it’s structures n your here Talking crap!

Presidency that north have for a lot of times, does that make north better? Isn’t it obvious the structure is down or bad

Presidency the north had for a long time without development is a reflection of the structure?

Which presidency?

Military?

Which structure?

Military?

Since civilian rule the south has ruled longer.

Stop the parochial, ethnic view and assess your own.

I'm from the ND and I'm often surprised we never talk about our leaders despite having the greatest allocation and being in power for 25% of civilian rule since 1999.

2 Likes

Re: Oil Bloc: Mass Sack Looms As More IOCs Mull Exit by ajl: 11:06pm On Nov 08, 2019
Nigerians get sense so? All na shakara. Typical media driven arm twisting by these western thieves. It's your resources and you determine who take what.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Oil Bloc: Mass Sack Looms As More IOCs Mull Exit by Omoodua007: 11:13pm On Nov 08, 2019
Beat123:

You had
You had
You had!!!

Lagos ondo Oyo ogun kwara are Prosperous

Even minus structure our leaders are still problematic the Nigerian culture is generally corrupt the earlier we accept the better

3 Likes

Re: Oil Bloc: Mass Sack Looms As More IOCs Mull Exit by SendAbroad: 12:51am On Nov 09, 2019
Nigerian Government made owning Oil and Gas field look like one big investment that needs billions of dollars....in Texas, almost every family that owns land has an oilwell in their back yard with Pump jacks constantly pumping crude oil and they pay royalties to the American Government.

Nigerian Government should allow wild cat drilling.
Re: Oil Bloc: Mass Sack Looms As More IOCs Mull Exit by SendAbroad: 12:53am On Nov 09, 2019
sulaak:

Enough, to know that Oil 'n'Gas industry has nothing, absolutely nothing to offer Nigeria.

We have natural gas but no electricity, oil but we import fuel, we have acquired a debt of close to $100bn that we can't service, polluted our rich delta ecosystems and created the most corrupt kleptocratic ruling class in human history due to our so-called oil industry, our young men and women refuse to farm because they assume they have oil to export.

I rather we never had oil.

Oil and Gas has a lot to offer Nigeria, but we have Ministers who cannot formulate policies to give 24 hrs Electricity.
Re: Oil Bloc: Mass Sack Looms As More IOCs Mull Exit by Difrent: 4:44am On Nov 09, 2019
Saao:
Watch as people hail bubu. Sometimes I wonder if this administration want the progress of Nigeria. Policy implementation in other countries are gradual but ours hmmm .....

Something that's coming 20years late you are here saying trash, you are pained because it's not your darling looting Inc. That's coming up with this. The oil majors have been ripping Nigeria off for so long yet you don't see bothered, indeed you are an enemy of the nation. Gerrarahia
Re: Oil Bloc: Mass Sack Looms As More IOCs Mull Exit by Saao(m): 4:59am On Nov 09, 2019
Difrent:

Something that's coming 20years late you are here saying trash, you are pained because it's not your darling looting Inc. That's coming up with this. The oil majors have been ripping Nigeria off for so long yet you don't see bothered, indeed you are an enemy of the nation. Gerrarahia
I said it. Bro let me inform, the signing of that lawyer is considered illegal so don't celebrate yet again I'm not a politician so I don't have anyone looting. Thank you for aslick aged man even despite his flaw
Re: Oil Bloc: Mass Sack Looms As More IOCs Mull Exit by Difrent: 5:41am On Nov 09, 2019
Saao:
I said it. Bro let me inform, the signing of that lawyer is considered illegal so don't celebrate yet again I'm not a politician so I don't have anyone looting. Thank you for aslick aged man even despite his flaw
How is the signing illegal?
Duly passed by NASS
signed by the president whether in Nigeria or UK. Being away from the country doesn't mean he is no longer our president ,and if you feel otherwise what I expect you waillers to do is send one of your errand boys probably adeyanju or ozekhome to approach the court to decide whether the president can sign a bill abroad or not....no law presently prohibits that. That it has never happened before doesn't mean it's wrong.
Re: Oil Bloc: Mass Sack Looms As More IOCs Mull Exit by salt1: 6:11am On Nov 09, 2019
voltron14:
The new telegraph knows nothing.

I work in the oil industry and can tell you that there were job losses across all oil producing and services companies across all oil producing countries of the world between 2015 and 2017.

To claim the Nigerian recession was the cause is highly irresponsible.

Oil companies are divesting away from onshore assets especially as they often produce less and as well, they are fraught with various community related problems.

For the offshore assets, oil companies do sometimes sell stakes for sundry reasons, such as to raise funds for other ventures or simply because the dollar doesn't make sense to them.

Note:

Addax sold to Sinopec in 2009.

What could the reason have been ?

Recession?

On the contrary, the Telegraph is telling the truth.
The OICs had serious job losses in other countries because the fall in oil prices meant little profit for them. They could continue their business in Nigeria because of the relatively cheap cost of labour.
With this change in government policy, their bottom line will be negatively affected, so they need to evaluate the business.
It's not looking good at all.
Re: Oil Bloc: Mass Sack Looms As More IOCs Mull Exit by Nobody: 7:13am On Nov 09, 2019
MelesZenawi:
Too bad.

Hey not bad my friend.
We want to empower NPDC, the exploration section of NNPC with more control and it's good Nigerians handle this asset. I don't know you but alot goes underground about how these IOCs control production. You think they are your friends?

In Saudi Arabia, we have Saudi Aramco. In Russia, we have Gazprom. So please give the asset to NNPC. And other indigenous operating companies. Conoil has grown, and many others.

It's good news and for the first time, Buhari is thinking straight if he does not plan to Islamise and take the oil to his Duara brothers.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

NERC Directs Discos To Increase Tariff From April 1 / Anxiety Over Rumoured Resignation Of Adamu As APC National Chair / Okupe Clashes With Saharareporters Sowore On Aljazeera Show

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.