Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,776 members, 7,810,025 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 06:49 PM

NERC Directs Discos To Increase Tariff From April 1 - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / NERC Directs Discos To Increase Tariff From April 1 (21453 Views)

Tinubu’s Government Raises Electricity Tariff From N66 To N225 Per KPH / We Will Increase Tariff From July 1 - AEDC Alerts Customers / FG Directs Discos To Stop Cash Payment From Consumers By March 31 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

NERC Directs Discos To Increase Tariff From April 1 by ijustdey: 6:37pm On Feb 17, 2020
The Executive Director, Research and Advocacy, Chief Sunday Oduntan, Association of Nigerian Electricity Distributors (ANED) has said that the 11 electricity distribution (Discos) will not commence implementation of the extraordinary tariff review of MYTO-2015 until they get the go ahead from the Nigeria Electricity Regulatory Commission (NERC).

Speaking with The Nation on phone, he noted that the power firms were yet to get the go- ahead from the commission.

He however admitted that the power distributors will kickstart the implementation of the new tariff when the commission gives the directive.

His words: “The DisCos cannot do anything until the regulator says so. The regulator has not asked us to charge the new tariffs. They (NERC) has the say. Once they ( NERC) says we should start, we will start charging.”

The NERC’s General Manager, Public Affairs, Dr. Usman Abba Arabi, didn’t pick his call when our correspondent called on phone to confirm whether the new tariff will become effective on April 1.

He did not reply the text message that The Nation sent to him on the matter as well.

https://thenationonlineng.net/nerc-directs-discos-to-increase-tariff-from-april-1/

1 Like

Re: NERC Directs Discos To Increase Tariff From April 1 by chatinent: 6:40pm On Feb 17, 2020
Still going to be counterproductive as usual.

4 Likes

Re: NERC Directs Discos To Increase Tariff From April 1 by hisgrace090: 7:20pm On Feb 17, 2020
Always increasing tarrif without improvement, rubbish!

86 Likes 2 Shares

Re: NERC Directs Discos To Increase Tariff From April 1 by RapistOnBail: 9:51pm On Feb 17, 2020
angry

Government against the people. Its been like this since the days our forefathers where being sold out as slaves for some Personal meager penny

33 Likes 3 Shares

Re: NERC Directs Discos To Increase Tariff From April 1 by Auxtin85(m): 9:51pm On Feb 17, 2020
These guys will never discuss how there will be stable electricity supplies. Tariff kill una dia

89 Likes 2 Shares

Re: NERC Directs Discos To Increase Tariff From April 1 by OZAOEKPE(f): 9:52pm On Feb 17, 2020
Make them kuku kill us awon useless government

21 Likes 3 Shares

Re: NERC Directs Discos To Increase Tariff From April 1 by cRobo: 9:52pm On Feb 17, 2020
Everything in Nigeria is on the increase yet no tangible development

They removed fuel subsidy increase VAT

Oluwa abeg increase my pocket

53 Likes 1 Share

Re: NERC Directs Discos To Increase Tariff From April 1 by fatymore(f): 9:52pm On Feb 17, 2020
Don't let me curse this people... Cos if I do someone will start saying is unwoman to curse wicked people.

No light, high tarrif

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: NERC Directs Discos To Increase Tariff From April 1 by gracevile: 9:52pm On Feb 17, 2020
let them not try this rubbish oh increase ke! Nigeria go burn oh

2 Likes

Re: NERC Directs Discos To Increase Tariff From April 1 by Slawormir: 9:52pm On Feb 17, 2020
Damnnnnn niggarrr
Na wa o
The tittle just dey different from the story

Anyway Hope we get the constant power once them begin implementation

humchrix333:
Your caption nairaland is obviously misleading... Mitchewww
Damnnnnn niggarrr
You are a real niggarrr
So you also notice say the caption dey different from the story
I be think say na the weed when i smoke dey confuse me

20 Likes 3 Shares

Re: NERC Directs Discos To Increase Tariff From April 1 by Wonn: 9:52pm On Feb 17, 2020
For light wey no dey.
Re: NERC Directs Discos To Increase Tariff From April 1 by humchrix333: 9:53pm On Feb 17, 2020
Your caption nairaland is obviously misleading... Mitchewww

16 Likes 2 Shares

Re: NERC Directs Discos To Increase Tariff From April 1 by NLSavage: 9:53pm On Feb 17, 2020
Very Good. Next level. Sai baba
Re: NERC Directs Discos To Increase Tariff From April 1 by datola: 9:53pm On Feb 17, 2020
The increase is inevitable though unpopular
Re: NERC Directs Discos To Increase Tariff From April 1 by MANNABBQGRILLS: 9:53pm On Feb 17, 2020
So it is even a fake news!
SMH!!

Iolo:
Caption and content are not saying the same thing. Misleading post.
Let's take a second read.
Brb.....

Modify :
His words: “The DisCos cannot do anything until the regulator says so. The regulator has not asked us to charge the new tariffs. They (NERC) has the say. Once they ( NERC) says we should start, we will start charging.”

The NERC’s General Manager, Public Affairs, Dr. Usman Abba Arabi, didn’t pick his call when our correspondent called on phone to confirm whether the new tariff will become effective on April 1.
Op Ijustdey,
What do you stand to gain with such misleading LIES?
What a CONTRADICTING and MISLEADING headline, na wa for u.
The moderators should try to be more careful scrutinizing a thread before moving it to the frontpage please.
This is so misleading!

Lolo, thank you for pointing that out.
It is well!

9 Likes 4 Shares

Re: NERC Directs Discos To Increase Tariff From April 1 by Tekzyflex(m): 9:53pm On Feb 17, 2020
Thunder will kill the people in charge of electricity. Fools!
Re: NERC Directs Discos To Increase Tariff From April 1 by NwaOhafia: 9:53pm On Feb 17, 2020
There is nothing friendly about this government
Re: NERC Directs Discos To Increase Tariff From April 1 by Dozie32(m): 9:54pm On Feb 17, 2020
Nawah ooo!!
Re: NERC Directs Discos To Increase Tariff From April 1 by NLSavage: 9:54pm On Feb 17, 2020
post=86738276:
What
wetin you wan talk?

1 Like

Re: NERC Directs Discos To Increase Tariff From April 1 by Hoodgod(m): 9:54pm On Feb 17, 2020
ijustdey:

https://thenationonlineng.net/nerc-directs-discos-to-increase-tariff-from-april-1/unpro
unproductive report, nagative enegry is what there keep delivering..i dey go london go charge phone#politics everysector
Re: NERC Directs Discos To Increase Tariff From April 1 by hungryboy(m): 9:54pm On Feb 17, 2020
Dem been dey celebrate 30k mininum wage, Bubu use style, increase vat, charge vat on calls, increase electricity tariff, by the time Buhari is done with all increase and increases, una go know say na the same 18k minimum wage you still dey receive.

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: NERC Directs Discos To Increase Tariff From April 1 by emilfischer(m): 9:54pm On Feb 17, 2020
What is with all this people sef.
I sell quality Uk used laptops contact
Call/WhatsApp 0815,42,77705
Re: NERC Directs Discos To Increase Tariff From April 1 by LandMann: 9:54pm On Feb 17, 2020
What manner of misleading headline is nairaland coming up with these days? Information in article totally different from headline.

Seun call your people to order

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: NERC Directs Discos To Increase Tariff From April 1 by Iolo(m): 9:55pm On Feb 17, 2020
Caption and content are not saying the same thing. Misleading post.

7 Likes 3 Shares

Re: NERC Directs Discos To Increase Tariff From April 1 by Hoodgod(m): 9:55pm On Feb 17, 2020
ijustdey:

https://thenationonlineng.net/nerc-directs-discos-to-increase-tariff-from-april-1/unpro
unproductive report, nagative enegry is what there keep delivering..i dey go london go charge phone#politics every sector of the economy
Re: NERC Directs Discos To Increase Tariff From April 1 by Boyooosa(m): 9:56pm On Feb 17, 2020
See their logo sef, nonsense people
Re: NERC Directs Discos To Increase Tariff From April 1 by Firstorderwizard(m): 9:56pm On Feb 17, 2020
undecided
Re: NERC Directs Discos To Increase Tariff From April 1 by lilfreezy: 9:56pm On Feb 17, 2020
I'm so loving this. This NEGATIVE CHANGE must go round grin

2 Likes

Re: NERC Directs Discos To Increase Tariff From April 1 by Racoon(m): 9:57pm On Feb 17, 2020
sad Oppressive and repressive policies everywhere under this evil government yet Nigerians are not better for it.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: NERC Directs Discos To Increase Tariff From April 1 by vertueptime: 9:57pm On Feb 17, 2020

1 Like

Re: NERC Directs Discos To Increase Tariff From April 1 by PlayerMeji: 9:57pm On Feb 17, 2020
I am leaving this country... Anyone ready to take my place in this country should let me know...

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Cash Crunch: Senators, Reps Members Abandon Chambers In Search Of Money / Okoi Obono-Obla: "Biafra Referendum Legally & Politically Impossible" / I'm The Only One Contesting For Presidency - Buhari

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.