Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,458 members, 7,958,376 topics. Date: Wednesday, 25 September 2024 at 01:30 PM

Dara Oladosu Who Built Quoted Replies For Twitter, Employed At Twitter - Jobs/Vacancies (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Dara Oladosu Who Built Quoted Replies For Twitter, Employed At Twitter (42640 Views)

I Got Employed At A Farm And Lost My Job In 20 Minutes / Cleaner's Son Gets Employed At Her Workplace (Photo) / New Employed At Sisthsense Global (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Dara Oladosu Who Built Quoted Replies For Twitter, Employed At Twitter by InvertedHammer: 2:11pm On Nov 09, 2019
/.
I am very sorry for him.

He could have sold QuotedReplies to Twitter and walk away with millions of dollars for other projects. That's how others did it to become rich. He sold himself cheap.

/
Re: Dara Oladosu Who Built Quoted Replies For Twitter, Employed At Twitter by ibietela2(m): 2:26pm On Nov 09, 2019
Congratulations
But are you going to the US with them?
Re: Dara Oladosu Who Built Quoted Replies For Twitter, Employed At Twitter by franklingud(m): 2:57pm On Nov 09, 2019
ScotMisile:

Someone which can't understand has beaten you to your own write-up.
Once again
Please correct your blunder Bro.
Re: Dara Oladosu Who Built Quoted Replies For Twitter, Employed At Twitter by franklingud(m): 3:01pm On Nov 09, 2019
winterfell007:

Who said the igbos aren't playing big in the IT space. Yorubas only have an edge because of the tech hubs in Lagos.
Try to have an open mind.
My mind is as open as possible bro, I know that Igbo people are good in IT too but yoruba people are way too far.

Just accept it, no be war bro.
Am an Igbo boy too

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Dara Oladosu Who Built Quoted Replies For Twitter, Employed At Twitter by ScotMisile: 3:06pm On Nov 09, 2019
franklingud:

Once again
Please correct your blunder Bro.

Go get a life, just enjoy yourself.
Re: Dara Oladosu Who Built Quoted Replies For Twitter, Employed At Twitter by einsteine(m): 3:53pm On Nov 09, 2019
InvertedHammer:
/.
I am very sorry for him.

He could have sold QuotedReplies to Twitter and walk away with millions of dollars for other projects. That's how others did it to become rich. He sold himself cheap.

/

Millions of dollars for a bot that a Twitter Engineer can replicate with a week of good work.

Nah, the hiring is even tokenism. They need to up their diversity figures and this was a good opportunity.
Re: Dara Oladosu Who Built Quoted Replies For Twitter, Employed At Twitter by Nobody: 4:31pm On Nov 09, 2019
Sirwallace:

As per Nairaland case, thats what you get when one man runs the show just to monopolised the whole system.

Google, apple, and now twitters recruits braniac in the tech world across different countries to improve and invent new ideaa into their platform.

How many has Nairalander CEO recruited over the decade?

Well in a way you can understand his reluctance to change much on the platform.

People feel comfortable with platforms they are familiar with. Change scares people.

I guess the trick lies in balancing the two extremes.

Change the platform significantly while retaining much of what Nairalanders are used to, and love too.

A tiny undesirable change may kill off the platform.

1 Like

Re: Dara Oladosu Who Built Quoted Replies For Twitter, Employed At Twitter by Legendguru: 4:48pm On Nov 09, 2019
Oh
Re: Dara Oladosu Who Built Quoted Replies For Twitter, Employed At Twitter by bestabigaelever(f): 5:38pm On Nov 09, 2019
YungMillionaire:
Yoruba people and IT brain like 5 and 6...honestly I am jealous.
Don't be bro grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Dara Oladosu Who Built Quoted Replies For Twitter, Employed At Twitter by DedeNkem: 9:31pm On Nov 09, 2019
Freethesis:
God don pick his call

Your imaginary god did absolutely nothing! His education did the job.
Nigerians are too delusional!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Dara Oladosu Who Built Quoted Replies For Twitter, Employed At Twitter by InvertedHammer: 9:33pm On Nov 09, 2019
einsteine:

Millions of dollars for a bot that a Twitter Engineer can replicate with a week of good work.

Nah, the hiring is even tokenism. They need to up their diversity figures and this was a good opportunity.
/
I believe it is all about diversity too. Twitter wins.

But technology is not about capability but ideas.
If he lives in US, patents the idea and Twitter engineers come up with anything remotely similar in execution, the whale copyright lawyers will step in. Even if they have no case, these lawyers know how to irritate corporations into settlement.

There are many small scale start-ups in Silicon valley. Their business model is to develop and shop for buyers.

I must admit that we do not take ideas seriously in Nigeria.

/
Re: Dara Oladosu Who Built Quoted Replies For Twitter, Employed At Twitter by jkul(m): 10:37am On Nov 27, 2019
DedeNkem:

Your imaginary god did absolutely nothing! His education did the job.
Nigerians are too delusional!

Hi, Dara here smiley

My education can only go so far; bear in mind that I'm not even a CS grad.

While I understand that there's a lot of delusion associated with religion, especially in our region, this isn't such a case; God actually is greatly involved in my matter.

My journey is a long, convoluted one, with God showing up in the most jarring and timely fashion so many times along the way. The number of coincidences that led up to this point is, frankly, unbelievable. And, one day, I'll tell the full story. But for now, let's try to not detract from God's glory, shall we? wink

Freethesis:

God don pick his call

God dey always pick wink wink

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Don't Tell The Interviewer About Yourself, This Is What He Really Wants To Hear / New Job / Nigerian Bottling Company Graduate Trainee Program 2018

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.