Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,993 members, 7,817,944 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 11:32 PM

Nimi Amange: How I Escaped The War Front As A 16-Year-Old Biafran Soldier - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nimi Amange: How I Escaped The War Front As A 16-Year-Old Biafran Soldier (29192 Views)

Olisa Agbakoba: As A Biafran Soldier, I Can Tell You That Biafra Is Not Viable / Nimi Barigha-Amange Joins APC, Dumps PDP / How I Escaped The Siege Laid In My Home – Saraki (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nimi Amange: How I Escaped The War Front As A 16-Year-Old Biafran Soldier by OGHENAOGIE(m): 5:53pm On Nov 09, 2019
FrLukas:

I don't want to engage in a meaningless argument bro.

What is great about Ojukwu?

He brought ruin to his people.

The American dude, Bayrock or Mayrock or whatever his name was set himself ablaze in New York to protest on behalf of the Biafrans.

The owner of the ideology fled and abandoned his people when the federal soldier were closeby.

Tell me, was that an act of greatness?

He even had the time to airlift his favourite Mercedes Benz car with him while he fled.

He came back and contested for the presidency of a country he wanted to secede from.

What did his people gain from him apart from death, anguish and starvation?

Are you aware that he purposely starved his Biafra compatriots so that he could use the pictures of the starving kids and mothers as propaganda to gain worldwide support?

There's a lot people don't know about the Nigerian Civil war simply because this generation of Nigerians don't read.

Social media has destroyed our souls.

If it doesn't have pictures or videos, people won't check it out.

Sorry, Ojukwu was not a hero. A hero is one who protects his people and sacrifices his life for their sake. Not one who runs away and abandons them in the thick of the battle.
read emeka u ll know ojukwu is a great man am sure if u were in his shoes when his pple were being kill without any remedy den from gowon led govt u ll have no choice Dan to stand by them which he did with limited resources for close to 3 years... some of u are idiots who thrive in useless talks...

6 Likes

Re: Nimi Amange: How I Escaped The War Front As A 16-Year-Old Biafran Soldier by jimyjames(m): 5:53pm On Nov 09, 2019
FrLukas:

I don't want to engage in a meaningless argument bro.

What is great about Ojukwu?

He brought ruin to his people.

The American dude, Bayrock or Mayrock or whatever his name was set himself ablaze in New York to protest on behalf of the Biafrans.

The owner of the ideology fled and abandoned his people when the federal soldier were closeby.

Tell me, was that an act of greatness?

He even had the time to airlift his favourite Mercedes Benz car with him while he fled.

He came back and contested for the presidency of a country he wanted to secede from.

What did his people gain from him apart from death, anguish and starvation?

Are you aware that he purposely starved his Biafra compatriots so that he could use the pictures of the starving kids and mothers as propaganda to gain worldwide support?

There's a lot people don't know about the Nigerian Civil war simply because this generation of Nigerians don't read.

Social media has destroyed our souls.

If it doesn't have pictures or videos, people won't check it out.

Sorry, Ojukwu was not a hero. A hero is one who protects his people and sacrifices his life for their sake. Not one who runs away and abandons them in the thick of the battle.

Mr man looks like you were there in Biafra during the civil war, ?

So Ojukwu starved women and children to use as propaganda to gain worldwide support? You are a cheap liar, creating fake stories, do you know all through the 3 yrs of the Civil war, BBC journalist were there reporting news to favour Nigeria? How come the BBC journalist never reported this fake news you are reporting in 21th century?

Nigerian soldiers were destroying farms blocked food supply from reaching Biafra, the British government even called on the citizens of those countries who's citizens were missionaries in Biafra land to leave the country, only few Catholic Rev fathers and Rev sisters refused to leave

Whatever you claim to read about Biafra, fake
Do you think all the people that were there during the Biafra war are all dead? Just shut your mouth

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nimi Amange: How I Escaped The War Front As A 16-Year-Old Biafran Soldier by ruggedtimi(m): 5:56pm On Nov 09, 2019
saw this man in the last apc campaign looking like some ordinary guy
Re: Nimi Amange: How I Escaped The War Front As A 16-Year-Old Biafran Soldier by OGHENAOGIE(m): 5:56pm On Nov 09, 2019
HallaDaTruth:
I am not jubilating, neither am i putting him down in any way or form. My comment is just a message to those that think Biafra is just an only Igbo nation
as at today biafra is more of an Ibo nation... if Nigeria is to split today am sure d Niger delta would seek dier own country too...

2 Likes

Re: Nimi Amange: How I Escaped The War Front As A 16-Year-Old Biafran Soldier by discusant: 5:59pm On Nov 09, 2019
FrLukas:
War is never good.

It's so sad so many people lost their lives unnecessarily in the civil war.

Seems Igbos don't know that war is never the answer to anything.
War is bad.

But it looks today that the way PMB cabal sees and governs Nigeria, there shAll be no more war to split Nigeria.
Re: Nimi Amange: How I Escaped The War Front As A 16-Year-Old Biafran Soldier by Nobody: 5:59pm On Nov 09, 2019
OGHENAOGIE:
as at today biafra is more of an Ibo nation... if Nigeria is to split today am sure d Niger delta would seek dier own country too...

I want it to be more of Igbo.

Anything less than that I won't support it.

3 Likes

Re: Nimi Amange: How I Escaped The War Front As A 16-Year-Old Biafran Soldier by Nobody: 6:02pm On Nov 09, 2019
jimyjames:

Mr man looks like you were there in Biafra during the civil war, ?

So Ojukwu starved women and children to use as propaganda to gain worldwide support? You are a cheap liar, creating fake stories, do you know all through the 3 yrs of the Civil war, BBC journalist were there reporting news to favour Nigeria? How come the BBC journalist never reported this fake news you are reporting in 21th century?

Nigerian soldiers were destroying farms blocked food supply from reaching Biafra, the British government even called on the citizens of those countries who's citizens were missionaries in Biafra land to leave the country, only few Catholic Rev fathers and Rev sisters refused to leave

Whatever you claim to read about Biafra, fake
Do you think all the people that were there during the Biafra war are all dead? Just shut your mouth

I am not obligated to shut my mouth. You may shut yours though, ko kan aye mehn.

I don't have to be there to know what happened.

Read books. Read books. Read books. Don't spend all your time on social media. Read books.

Show me one picture, just one picture of a starving Ojukwu and starving members of his family and the elites of Biafra during the war.

Just one picture from the war time, if you can.

If you can't, then I'll suggest you shut up...forever.

3 Likes

Re: Nimi Amange: How I Escaped The War Front As A 16-Year-Old Biafran Soldier by Nobody: 6:03pm On Nov 09, 2019
OGHENAOGIE:
[s]read emeka u ll know ojukwu is a great man am sure if u were in his shoes when his pple were being kill without any remedy den from gowon led govt u ll have no choice Dan to stand by them which he did with limited resources for close to 3 years... some of u are idiots who thrive in useless talks... [/s]

Package that word "idiots" and share it among your family members. Thank God it is plural. It should go round.
Re: Nimi Amange: How I Escaped The War Front As A 16-Year-Old Biafran Soldier by Nobody: 6:09pm On Nov 09, 2019
discusant:

War is bad.

But it looks today that the way PMB cabal sees and governs Nigeria, there shAll be no more war to split Nigeria.

I don't get your point though.

Are you saying the cabal will force Nigeria into another civil war?

It is quite likely.

Note, one of the reasons chief Awolowo of blessed memory refused to drag his people into a war was because the federal seat was in Lagos, part of Yorubaland.

Now, it no longer is. Anything can happen. I remembered when Abiola died, the whole west was in an uproar. All non Yorubas fled back to their respective regions for fear of what could happen.

I can still see it in my mind. I was a firsthand witness.

The only reason there wasn't a war was because Abacha died some months BEFORE Abiola.

Whoever planned the sequence of events planned it well.

4 Likes

Re: Nimi Amange: How I Escaped The War Front As A 16-Year-Old Biafran Soldier by Modphase: 6:11pm On Nov 09, 2019
I know only a thing about the Igbo n it is their chronic penchant to hate those they perceive to be beta humans than them. If there is a thing to learn from the Igbos, one thing stands out ahead of every other quality and that is their love to hate. Sit n watch n reason then you will figure the only thing unifying every Igbo is their penchant to hate n nothing more.
J111333:
From afar, I can smell tribal wars coming to this thread soon.

There are two things about Igbos, you either learn from them or you hate them for nothing.
So why do Igbos now debase governors fro others state when they have bigger failures as governors of their respective state?
ugonology:
Regardless of regions, religion or political parties...most nigerian states are the same in terms of corruption!

3 Likes

Re: Nimi Amange: How I Escaped The War Front As A 16-Year-Old Biafran Soldier by inyenejo(m): 6:16pm On Nov 09, 2019
FrLukas:

I like Akwa Ibom people.

The lack of federal government presence is because your federal lawmakers are representing you poorly.

They are the ones you should hold responsible though.
Take the Ibom deep see port for instance, we have talk and talk and talk and deliberate over it for more than 100years now yet the federal government still refused to approve that seaport, it's just hatred, they don't want us to progress like them in the North and West...

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nimi Amange: How I Escaped The War Front As A 16-Year-Old Biafran Soldier by Nobody: 6:24pm On Nov 09, 2019
inyenejo:
Take the Ibom deep see port for instance, we have talk and talk and talk and deliberate over it for more than 100years now yet the federal government still refused to approve that seaport, it's just hatred, they don't want us to progress like them in the North and West...

Wrong. Its not hatred.

Don't imbibe the narrative of IPOB, please.

The Yorubas are not your enemies, people of Akwa Ibom.

Put more pressure on your federal lawmakers.

They are the ones with the political clout to get projects to your side.

If they don't have the clout, then you should vote in other people who have the clout to get things done.

That's how other regions do it bro.

Everything is a game of politics and aligning interests.

You guys deserve the deep sea port, but have your lawmakers ever presented such concerns on the floor of the house before?

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nimi Amange: How I Escaped The War Front As A 16-Year-Old Biafran Soldier by Nobody: 6:33pm On Nov 09, 2019
OGHENAOGIE:
read emeka u ll know ojukwu is a great man am sure if u were in his shoes when his pple were being kill without any remedy den from gowon led govt u ll have no choice Dan to stand by them which he did with limited resources for close to 3 years... some of u are idiots who thrive in useless talks...

leave those guys

These guys from west are practically somethingelse.

Suffering and smilling.

They cling to Nigeria as if all their lives depend there.

3 Likes

Re: Nimi Amange: How I Escaped The War Front As A 16-Year-Old Biafran Soldier by duncun: 6:41pm On Nov 09, 2019

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nimi Amange: How I Escaped The War Front As A 16-Year-Old Biafran Soldier by Nobody: 6:45pm On Nov 09, 2019
Officialgarri:
The heading is quite misleading ..

But the story is encouraging. From this story, the point is that we should know when to jump out.
I'm sure the money he has and still making from politics is way higher than all his wages from Elf petroleum.

I pray God shows us when to jump unto the faster and better train of life

National progress is impossible until the average Nigerian like you stops seeing politics as a means to enrich himself.

That's the crux of the entire interview, because see all the clannish & greedy moves of the current governor Dickson according to the narrative. Politics shouldn't be a game of 'me, my family and my kinsmen alone'.

2 Likes

Re: Nimi Amange: How I Escaped The War Front As A 16-Year-Old Biafran Soldier by Supersymetry: 6:49pm On Nov 09, 2019
FrLukas:

Wrong. Its not hatred.

If they don't have the clout, then you should vote in other people who have the clout to get things done.

You guys deserve the deep sea port, but have your lawmakers ever presented such concerns on the floor of the house before?

Why can't you call a spade a spade (the government don't want to.. simple). How can you be so hypocritical. Trying to set people up against their leaders. How much pressure did your people put on your lawmakers before those infrastructures in your region was approved and completed.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nimi Amange: How I Escaped The War Front As A 16-Year-Old Biafran Soldier by jimyjames(m): 7:04pm On Nov 09, 2019
FrLukas:

I am not obligated to shut my mouth. You may shut yours though, ko kan aye mehn.

I don't have to be there to know what happened.

Read books. Read books. Read books. Don't spend all your time on social media. Read books.

Show me one picture, just one picture of a starving Ojukwu and starving members of his family and the elites of Biafra during the war.

Just one picture from the war time, if you can.

If you can't, then I'll suggest you shut up...forever.

Mr man shut your mouth, you read books you read books, written by who? Written by the women and children you claim Ojukwu starved right, ehi nzuzu

Show me a picture just one picture of a warehouse where Ojukwu stored food in Biafra and refused to give to women and children?

This is what the Nigerian government said about blockage of food and destruction of Biafra farms when they were questioned about it

The said "starvation is a legitimate weapon of war and we have every right of using it against the rebels".
The federal Nigerian army committed a lot of atrocities including deliberate bombing of civilians, mass slaughter with machine guns, and rape.
In asaba the Nigerian Army recaptured asaba and asked their leaders to summon all the people of asaba that they want to speak to them, concerning the need for ONE Nigeria,
Hundreds of men, women, and children, many wearing the ceremonial akwa ocha (white) attire paraded along the main street, singing, dancing, and chanting "One Nigeria." At a junction, men and teenage boys were separated from women and young children, and gathered in an open square at Ogbe-Osowa village.
Nigerian Federal troops brought out machine guns, and orders were given,by Maj. Ibrahim Taiwo, to open fire. more than 700 men and boys were killed, some as young as 12 years old.
All these atrocities by the Nigerian Army, you never read about it, but you are here making noise with fake stories yen yen yen Ojukwu yen yen yen claiming you read book you read books

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nimi Amange: How I Escaped The War Front As A 16-Year-Old Biafran Soldier by aalangel(f): 8:01pm On Nov 09, 2019
Giddymoney:

The best reaction...
Re: Nimi Amange: How I Escaped The War Front As A 16-Year-Old Biafran Soldier by Toks1979: 8:16pm On Nov 09, 2019
Senator Ben Bruce elder brother Captain Sylvester Bruce is the pilot that flew Biafra Bs17 Biafra Air Bormbadier Jet fighter during the civil war. Make your research or Google it.

2 Likes

Re: Nimi Amange: How I Escaped The War Front As A 16-Year-Old Biafran Soldier by inyenejo(m): 8:36pm On Nov 09, 2019
Supersymetry:

Why can't you call a spade a spade (the government don't want to.. simple). How can you be so hypocritical. Trying to set people up against their leaders. How much pressure did your people put on your lawmakers before those infrastructures in your region was approved and completed.
I wonder why people must fight in this country before getting what they ought to get in peace, what type of country is this,,, We are keeping calm now the world will not hear it, we deserve seaport, railway, refinery,petro-chemical plant, good federal roads in Akwa Ibom state, non of this things exist in Akwa Ibom state, a supposed oil giant state like this......let the world hear us now oo!
Re: Nimi Amange: How I Escaped The War Front As A 16-Year-Old Biafran Soldier by Dedetwo(m): 8:41pm On Nov 09, 2019
Area4Area:
Have you ever been to Yenagoa before and asked the natives about the civil war, Igbos or Biafra, do you know if what he's writing is pro or anti-Igbo before jubilating?

What jubilation are you on about? The dude has stated that whatever kept him going in life, he had learnt from Igbo.

3 Likes

Re: Nimi Amange: How I Escaped The War Front As A 16-Year-Old Biafran Soldier by Dedetwo(m): 8:47pm On Nov 09, 2019
OGHENAOGIE:

I had appreciated it if future Biafra is completely Igbo. Who would have a so-called Niger Delta who jubilates about the development in Lagos as a compaptriot while places such as Oloibiri till remains a thick jungle.

2 Likes

Re: Nimi Amange: How I Escaped The War Front As A 16-Year-Old Biafran Soldier by OfoIgbo: 9:02pm On Nov 09, 2019
People don't even know that a Bayelsan was the chief of BIafran Airforce. The guy was Senator Ben Murray-Bruce's elder brother

2 Likes

Re: Nimi Amange: How I Escaped The War Front As A 16-Year-Old Biafran Soldier by LZAA: 9:13pm On Nov 09, 2019
Ilovebigboobs:
Skipped post successfully

*Yawns*

Re: Nimi Amange: How I Escaped The War Front As A 16-Year-Old Biafran Soldier by franchasng: 9:43pm On Nov 09, 2019
Cc: FrLukas

29TH DAY OF MAY

29 May 1966 is undoubtedly the most tragic day in the annals of Igbo history. It was a day that the Igbo were subjected to an overwhelming violence and unremitting brutality by supposedly fellow countrymen and women. Ironically, the atrocity was clinically organised, supervised and implemented by the very state that the Igbo had played such a crucial role to liberate from foreign conquest and occupation. This state, now violently taken over by murderous anti-African sociopolitical forces, had pointedly violated its most sacred tenet of responsibility to its Igbo citizens – provision of security. Instead of providing security to these citizens, the Nigeria state murdered 3.1 million of them. The anthem for the genocide, broadcast uninterruptedly in Hausa on Kaduna radio and television throughout its duration, was unambiguously clear on the principal objective of this crime against humanity:

‘Mu je mu kashe nyamiri
Mu kashe maza su da yan maza su
Mu chi mata su da yan mata su
Mu kwashe kaya su.

(English translation: ‘Let’s go kill the damned Igbo/Kill off their men and boys/Rape their wives and daughters/Cart off their property’)

Yet 29 May 1966 is also the Igbo Day of Affirmation. The Igbo people resolved on this day, the day that marked the beginning of the genocide, to survive the catastrophe. This was the day the Igbo ceased to be Nigerians forever – right there on the grounds of those death camps in the sabon gari residential districts and offices and rail stations and coach stations and airports and churches and schools and markets and hospitals across north Nigeria. They created the state of Biafra in its place and tasked it to provide security to the Igbo and prevent Nigeria, a genocide state, from accomplishing its dreadful mission. The heuristic symbolism defined hitherto by 1 October shattered in the wake of this historic Igbo declaration. For the Igbo, the renouncement of Nigerian citizenship was the permanent Igbo indictment of a state that had risen thunderously to murder its people.

The Igbo could not have survived the genocide if they still remained Nigerian. They rightly chose the former course of their fate and not the latter, which they cast adrift. Consequently, Nigeria collapsed as a state with any serious prospects for the future. Despite the four murderous years of siege, the Igbo demonstrated a far greater creative drive towards constructing an advanced civilisation in Biafra than what Nigeria has all but wished it could achieve in the past 40 years. ‘Nigeria gburu ochu; Nigeria mere alu’. Surely, Nigeria couldn’t recover from committing this heinous crime – this crime against humanity, this ‘Malebolge’.

29 May is therefore a beacon of the resilient spirit of human overcoming of the most desperate, unimaginably brutish forces. It is the new Igbo National Holiday. It is a day of meditation and remembrance in every Igbo household anywhere in the world for the 3.1 million murdered, gratitude and thanksgiving for those who survived, and the collective Igbo rededication to achieve the urgent goal of the restoration of Igbo sovereignty.

3 Likes

Re: Nimi Amange: How I Escaped The War Front As A 16-Year-Old Biafran Soldier by Nobody: 10:06pm On Nov 09, 2019
FrLukas:

Lol. I read this same thing on Radio Biafra on Facebook. I just laughed.

Biafra had foreign mercenaries helping them fight on land, fly helicopters and jets.

Even today, if Biafra decides to start a war with Nigeria, they will still lose badly.

The Nigeria Armed Forces have over 40 years of combat experience and weaponry.

How? I mean, how?
Airforce that cannot defeat boko haram, is that one airforce. If war start today everyone will lose niger delta will first cripple Nigeria economy by destroying major pipeline.
Then let's see who will really win the war when Nigeria economy is grounded.

1 Like

Re: Nimi Amange: How I Escaped The War Front As A 16-Year-Old Biafran Soldier by Nobody: 10:10pm On Nov 09, 2019
inyenejo:
My uncle suffered for this war fighting for Biafra, in fact the whole of Akwa Ibom suffered most , my village alone in Uruan LGA, Akwa Ibom state lost everything, the shell company, the Chinese rice company, Nepa headquarters etc, uptil now, those companies have not returned again, and i asked , if the Nigerian govt have truly forgotten about everything why are those companies not returned.....Here in Akwa Ibom there's absolutely no Federal present in the state since i was born , no refinery, no petro-chemical plant, no railway, no good federal road, no seaport yet we feed this country, the war is over let's come together and build b4 the situation on ground give birth to another Nnamdi Kanu in Akwa Ibom state....Abasi adiong Akwa Ibom state ke nsinsi.
Its thesame with all niger delta states, even warri that has refinery, its filled with hausa's and yoruba with few ibos and indigene.
Re: Nimi Amange: How I Escaped The War Front As A 16-Year-Old Biafran Soldier by Nobody: 10:18pm On Nov 09, 2019
FrLukas:

Wrong. Its not hatred.

How many pressure did yoy put on your law maker b4 lagos-ibadan rail was build, and since when has it become the responsibility of the law maker to award federal project.
Look at EPZ gas project that would have employ more that 500 thousand people, buhari refuse to approve it. If it was to be a northern project am sure the project would have started by now.

3 Likes

Re: Nimi Amange: How I Escaped The War Front As A 16-Year-Old Biafran Soldier by Nobody: 10:41pm On Nov 09, 2019
Dedetwo:

I guess Ndigbo are his role model. I had a hunch the dude is of a mixed parentage, Igbo and Ijo (Nembe). Some jackasses would want us to believe that Ijo did not fight for Biafra. The commander of 53 Brigade of Biafran Army that recaptured Igurunta in today's River State was Ijo from Sagbama LGA.

The truth is that there are only 3 ethnic groups in Nigeria.

IGBO.

Hausa.

Yoruba.

Every other thing na tribe.
Re: Nimi Amange: How I Escaped The War Front As A 16-Year-Old Biafran Soldier by Nobody: 10:43pm On Nov 09, 2019
Emekadollars:
I taught they said South-South ain't part of Biafra. How come they fought for Biafra. People are just confused in this country.

Anyway, there's something available for you in my signature.

They are not confused bro, they are just lying

1 Like

Re: Nimi Amange: How I Escaped The War Front As A 16-Year-Old Biafran Soldier by Wallace2107: 10:55pm On Nov 09, 2019
[s][/s]
Slawormir:
Damnnnnn

As a real niggarrr

I love reading

But i couldn't read this

Damnnnnnnnnn

Just sipping 33 beer

Let me sip more
I might come back and read this whole shit

And wait a minute
The war never finish
We still dey war front for this country up till today
[s][/s] always trashy grin
Re: Nimi Amange: How I Escaped The War Front As A 16-Year-Old Biafran Soldier by gidgiddy: 11:26pm On Nov 09, 2019
‘Mu je mu kashe nyamiri
Mu kashe maza su da yan maza su
Mu chi mata su da yan mata su
Mu kwashe kaya su’

(English translation: ‘Let’s go kill the damned Igbo/Kill off their men and boys/Rape their wives and daughters/Cart off their property)

That's the definition of genocide

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

FG Gives 29 Civil Servants Television Sets For Hard Work / Soldiers Kill 10 Boko Haram Terrorists While On Operation In Borno. See Photos / Senator Ombugadu Welcomes President Buhari With Billboard In Nasarawa (Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.