Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,010 members, 7,817,976 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 01:01 AM

Nimi Amange: How I Escaped The War Front As A 16-Year-Old Biafran Soldier - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nimi Amange: How I Escaped The War Front As A 16-Year-Old Biafran Soldier (29193 Views)

Olisa Agbakoba: As A Biafran Soldier, I Can Tell You That Biafra Is Not Viable / Nimi Barigha-Amange Joins APC, Dumps PDP / How I Escaped The Siege Laid In My Home – Saraki (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nimi Amange: How I Escaped The War Front As A 16-Year-Old Biafran Soldier by jnoz23(m): 2:21pm On Nov 12, 2019
MelesZenawi:

You welcome
Stop living in world of Illusions.

Guy just reason this thing properly, & I hope you are not just arguing for fun, cos the way I take dey look you so!
Hmm I rest my case.
Re: Nimi Amange: How I Escaped The War Front As A 16-Year-Old Biafran Soldier by Nobody: 2:24pm On Nov 12, 2019
jnoz23:

Guy just reason this thing properly, & I hope you are not just arguing for fun, cos the way I take dey look you so!
Hmm I rest my case.

Hmmmmm..... alright.

What exactly is your Issue....Your thought and your stand.

So I can add up to reason it out fully
Re: Nimi Amange: How I Escaped The War Front As A 16-Year-Old Biafran Soldier by jnoz23(m): 2:40pm On Nov 12, 2019
MelesZenawi:

Hmmmmm..... alright.

What exactly is your Issue....Your thought and your stand.

So I can add up to reason it out fully

The issue being that Biafra has better chance of success if ND is excluded, and I haven't come any public poll that indicate majority of ND is in support of Biafra.
I mean the population has to actually support you right? And not just fringe elements of SS.
I dare ipob to fund such a poll conducted by a transparent organization and publish the shocking results.

1 Like

Re: Nimi Amange: How I Escaped The War Front As A 16-Year-Old Biafran Soldier by Nobody: 2:46pm On Nov 12, 2019
jnoz23:

The issue being that Biafra has better chance of success if ND is excluded, and I haven't come any public poll that indicate majority of ND is in support of Biafra.
I mean the population has to actually support you right? And not just fringe elements of SS.
I dare ipob to fund such a poll conducted by a transparent organization and publish the shocking results.

Anyway Urhobo and Isoko are Edos and not biafra.

They are mid west...and geographically West.

So is nothing much to argue.

Adding Urhobo and Isoko is creating another tower of Babel in Biafra.

So both are not needed, not part of and will not add anything to biafra.

Hope you okay now?
Re: Nimi Amange: How I Escaped The War Front As A 16-Year-Old Biafran Soldier by gidgiddy: 3:07pm On Nov 12, 2019
LegendHero:

Have you ever gone through the Aburi agreement? The Federal government is bigger than any group of people. The constitution is clear about secession. Any act of secession is a declaration of war against the Nigerian state.

The Aburi accord is just a formality and an act of pacifying the secessionist, Gowon had to renege on the agreement because it limits the power and reach of the SMC. Thanks to Ironsi that taught them what power meant.

Except the constitution is modified, that truth will live forever. Another thanks to Nnamdi Azikwe tho, he is the brain behind that clause.

That's not how things work. The Federal Government cannot sign an agreement then choose when to go back on the agreement without expecting trouble. If the Federal Government felt that it was bigger than anybody else, why go to Aburi? To deceive everyone? Ojukwu knew that the Government of Gowon was mainly after the Northern domination of Nigeria, hence the Aburi agreement that was supposed to limit the powers of the SMC and the president, and he was right. Gowon who was a much junior officer to the likes of Brigadier Ogundipe, Colonel Adebayo, Colonel Bassey, Lt Colonel Ejoor and others, was made head of state just for being a Northerner

Today what do we have? The North that was one Region has 19 states while the South that was 3 Regions has 17

The North controls much of the national assembly and can make or unmake any law.

All the ingredients of federalism that existed during the 6 months Ironsi was in power such resource control, fiscal responsibility and autonomy have been removed.

Gowons job was to hold elections and reinstate the independence constitution, all of which he could have done under 2 years.

Instead, he went to Aburi, signed an agreement to limit his powers, broke the agreement by abolishing the 4 Regions, embarked on state creation, which left Ojukwu with no choice than to preserve the the territorial integrity of the Eastern Region be seceding.

The North wanted economic and political control of Nigeria. They never knew that Ojukwu and Igbos would say no to that.
Re: Nimi Amange: How I Escaped The War Front As A 16-Year-Old Biafran Soldier by jnoz23(m): 4:36pm On Nov 12, 2019
MelesZenawi:

Anyway Urhobo and Isoko are Edos and not biafra.

They are mid west...and geographically West.

So is nothing much to argue.

Adding Urhobo and Isoko is creating another tower of Babel in Biafra.

So both are not needed, not part of and will not add anything to biafra.

Hope you okay now?

I see how you stylishly avoided my stated facts,
The only reason Biafra needs ND is to avoid being landlocked
Re: Nimi Amange: How I Escaped The War Front As A 16-Year-Old Biafran Soldier by Nobody: 4:46pm On Nov 12, 2019
jnoz23:

I see how you stylishly avoided my stated facts,
The only reason Biafra needs ND is to avoid being landlocked

I didn't avoid your facts but I only wanted to make feel at home and comfortable with peace of mind.

We are not quarrelling but am trying to give you what you want to hear....or am I wrong doing that?

You don't want me or my people and I give you reasons for you to be comfortable your own way..

Now let me clear you here with facts, we are not landlocked but this a lie Nigeria has sold for ages but everyone knows the truth. They use it as a blackmail but the record they have shows we are not landlocked but they keep selling the lies..

Now get it that today that South East is not landlocked. It is only our economy that is locked. One quick way of unlocking the economy of South East is through marine business.

Contrary to the impression that the South East is landlocked, the truth is that it has one of the potentially deepest seaports in the country at Osemoto/Oseokwa in Imo and Anambra States.

A seaport was designated there in 1959, but the project was abandoned and the admiralty membership erased for obvious political reasons. African Development Bank (ADB) feasibility report on this is unambiguous.

Oseokwa (Ihiala LGA, Anambra State) and Osemoto (Oguta LGA, Imo State) are the deepest natural harbors in the country (over 20m deep) and offer real naval and marine transportation platforms if developed. Besides, it lies only 18 nautical miles to the Atlantic Ocean and a strategic hub for the oil industry and inland dry-docks to promote trade.

These are facts that are there for you to see. We are comfortable but the days of blackmail is gone. If we feel we are better off in biafra, I also feel you and your people are better off in Nigeria.

It is a very easy thing to understand.

I think I answered you well now?
Re: Nimi Amange: How I Escaped The War Front As A 16-Year-Old Biafran Soldier by jnoz23(m): 4:54pm On Nov 12, 2019
MelesZenawi:

I didn't avoid your facts but I only wanted to make feel at home and comfortable with peace of mind.

We are not quarrelling but am trying to give you what you want to hear....or am I wrong doing that?

You don't want me or my people and I give you reasons for you to be comfortable your own way..

Now let me clear you here with facts, we are not landlocked but this a lie Nigeria has sold for ages but everyone knows the truth. They use it as a blackmail but the record they have shows we are not landlocked but they keep selling the lies..

Now get it that today that South East is not landlocked. It is only our economy that is locked. One quick way of unlocking the economy of South East is through marine business.

Contrary to the impression that the South East is landlocked, the truth is that it has one of the potentially deepest seaports in the country at Osemoto/Oseokwa in Imo and Anambra States.

A seaport was designated there in 1959, but the project was abandoned and the admiralty membership erased for obvious political reasons. African Development Bank (ADB) feasibility report on this is unambiguous.

Oseokwa (Ihiala LGA, Anambra State) and Osemoto (Oguta LGA, Imo State) are the deepest natural harbors in the country (over 20m deep) and offer real naval and marine transportation platforms if developed. Besides, it lies only 18 nautical miles to the Atlantic Ocean and a strategic hub for the oil industry and inland dry-docks to promote trade.

These are facts that are there for you to see. We are comfortable but the days of blackmail is gone. If we feel we are better off in biafra, I also feel you and your people are better off in Nigeria.

It is a very easy thing to understand.

I think I answered you well now?

I wonder the kind of vessels that will pass there apart from ferries, hope you know river Niger is not a coastal border?

Anyway its allowed to hope and hope eternally!!!

1 Like

Re: Nimi Amange: How I Escaped The War Front As A 16-Year-Old Biafran Soldier by Nobody: 5:16pm On Nov 12, 2019
jnoz23:

I wonder the kind of vessels that will pass there apart from ferries,
Anyway its allowed to hope and hope eternally!!!

You dont need to wonder about the vessels. It has been there for ages and used as of old. Reviving it again won't be a crime but dream finally come true.

Just that the era of blackmail is gone because facts are here today to counter.

I only wanted to put your assumption inorder and give nice and facts as answers to your question.

Hope will come to fruition....Just time...

At least you can have peace now.
Re: Nimi Amange: How I Escaped The War Front As A 16-Year-Old Biafran Soldier by jnoz23(m): 12:41am On Nov 13, 2019
MelesZenawi:

You dont need to wonder about the vessels. It has been there for ages and used as of old. Reviving it again won't be a crime but dream finally come true.

Just that the era of blackmail is gone because facts are here today to counter.

I only wanted to put your assumption inorder and give nice and facts as answers to your question.

Hope will come to fruition....Just time...

At least you can have peace now.

My broda, I'm at peace already

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Obasanjo: Carrington Leaked Information Of My Arrest During Abacha Regime / Obama Anthony And Marisa Noipitak Arrested For Meth Trafficking In Thailand / Governor Adeleke Restates All 6 Executive Orders, Says He Never Reversed Himself

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.