Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,974 members, 7,817,870 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 09:44 PM

Nimi Amange: How I Escaped The War Front As A 16-Year-Old Biafran Soldier - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nimi Amange: How I Escaped The War Front As A 16-Year-Old Biafran Soldier (29189 Views)

Olisa Agbakoba: As A Biafran Soldier, I Can Tell You That Biafra Is Not Viable / Nimi Barigha-Amange Joins APC, Dumps PDP / How I Escaped The Siege Laid In My Home – Saraki (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nimi Amange: How I Escaped The War Front As A 16-Year-Old Biafran Soldier by Patrioticman007(m): 4:28pm On Nov 09, 2019
FrLukas:
War is never good.

It's so sad so many people lost their lives unnecessarily in the civil war.

Seems Igbos don't know that war is never the answer to anything.
Imagine 3 weeks trained recruit vs 6 months trained Nigeria Army recruit. The war was just like using insecticide to kill mosquitoes. No wonder many innocent souls died on the other side.

3 Likes

Re: Nimi Amange: How I Escaped The War Front As A 16-Year-Old Biafran Soldier by olatunji390(m): 4:30pm On Nov 09, 2019
So GEJ is not in control of Bayelsa

1 Like

Re: Nimi Amange: How I Escaped The War Front As A 16-Year-Old Biafran Soldier by Topmaike007(m): 4:33pm On Nov 09, 2019
Wow happy to know that Bayelsa faught the war
Re: Nimi Amange: How I Escaped The War Front As A 16-Year-Old Biafran Soldier by Nobody: 4:34pm On Nov 09, 2019
Patrioticman007:

Imagine 3 weeks trained recruit vs 6 months trained Nigeria Army recruit. The war was just like using insecticide to kill mosquitoes. No wonder many innocent souls died on the other side.

Give thanks to Britain, Russia, Egypt and other friends of Nigeria.

If not Gowon will not know what hit him.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nimi Amange: How I Escaped The War Front As A 16-Year-Old Biafran Soldier by Nobody: 4:34pm On Nov 09, 2019
Patrioticman007:

Yeah, and I don't want to sound like a tribalist but, Ojukwu no try at all.

I saw a video of him boasting to the world in a TV broadcast that Biafra will surprise Nigeria and the world. Yet he had no plans on how to feed the people or even prosecute the war he started.

Such a shame that millions died to satisfy the ambition and ego of one man.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nimi Amange: How I Escaped The War Front As A 16-Year-Old Biafran Soldier by Nobody: 4:39pm On Nov 09, 2019
FrLukas:

I saw a video of him boasting to the world in a TV broadcast that Biafra will surprise Nigeria and the world. Yet he had no plans on how to feed the people or even prosecute the war he started.

Continue reading about great men. Ojukwu is one of them.

Leave the topic and be chasing shadows.

12 Likes

Re: Nimi Amange: How I Escaped The War Front As A 16-Year-Old Biafran Soldier by franchasng: 4:50pm On Nov 09, 2019
Emekadollars:
I taught they said South-South ain't part of Biafra. How come they fought for Biafra. People are just confused in this country.

Anyway, there's something available for you in my signature.
Only Yoruba Muslims see Niger Delta people as non Biafrans because of their envy for crude oil, but Hausa-Fulanis know Niger Deltans are Biafrans, reason they even see Goodluck Jonathan as Igbo man according a close friend of mine from Zamfara.

Stop paying attention to Yoruba Muslim media, they are so hateful of Igbos for reason I cannot even tell. They are the ones who deceive good Yoruba Christians and pagans to be hating wonderful, peace loving Igbos for no reason.

17 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nimi Amange: How I Escaped The War Front As A 16-Year-Old Biafran Soldier by Nobody: 4:56pm On Nov 09, 2019
Osagyefo98:

Continue reading about great men. Ojukwu is one of them.

Leave the topic and be chasing shadows.

I don't want to engage in a meaningless argument bro.

What is great about Ojukwu?

He brought ruin to his people.

The American dude, Bayrock or Mayrock or whatever his name was set himself ablaze in New York to protest on behalf of the Biafrans.

The owner of the ideology fled and abandoned his people when the federal soldiers were closeby.

Tell me, was that an act of greatness?

He even had the time to airlift his favourite Mercedes Benz car with him while he fled.

He came back and contested for the presidency of a country he wanted to secede from.

What did his people gain from him apart from death, anguish and starvation?

Are you aware that he purposely starved his Biafra compatriots so that he could use the pictures of the starving kids and mothers as propaganda to gain worldwide support?

There's a lot people don't know about the Nigerian Civil war simply because this generation of Nigerians don't read.

Social media has destroyed our souls.

If it doesn't have pictures or videos, people won't check it out.

Sorry, Ojukwu was not a hero. A hero is one who protects his people and sacrifices his life for their sake. Not one who runs away and abandons them in the thick of the battle.

11 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Nimi Amange: How I Escaped The War Front As A 16-Year-Old Biafran Soldier by franchasng: 4:59pm On Nov 09, 2019
FrLukas:

You Yoruba Muslims are so scornful and hate filled for Igbos , why Are Igbos the reason you Yoruba Muslims cannot sight the moon on your own without the help of Hausa-Fulani Emirs, what did the Igbos did wrong against you hateful lots eh

For your info, Ojukwu never declared war against Nigeria, don't you have sense, don't you read foreign history books detailing explicit accounts of the 1967 Nigeria-Biafra civil war Grab some of those books and read about the imminent cause of the civil war so you won't be blabbing like an uninformed tribal-religious bigot you are.

What led to the civil war of 1967 - 1969 is the 1966 northern pogrom in which Northerners (civilians and uniformed men) started killing civilian Igbos including Niger Delta people living in all Northern states because a military coup that does not concern civilians.

Read the details here https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1966_anti-Igbo_pogrom (Later tactics were engineered by Northern elites to provoke violence such as fabricated news stories submitted to radio Cotonou and relayed by the Hausa service of the BBC detailing exaggerated attacks against Northerners in the East, which led to the furious killings of Eastern Nigerians on 29 September 1966.[3]

According to British newspaper reports at the time, about 30,000 Igbo were killed in September 1966,[11] while more conservative estimates put the casualties at between ten and thirty thousand for that month. This spree of killings carried on into early October and was carried out by civilians sometimes aided by army troops and swept the entire north. It has been described as the most painful and provocative incident leading to the Nigeria-Biafra War.
)

Gowon the then head of state who also came from the north refused to use his power as Head of State to stop the unwarranted killings of civilian Igbos in the north. Ojukwu being the Eastern Governor, who is like Prime Minister of Eastern Nigeria comprising Southeast + Southsouth wrote Gowon seeking he do something to stop the killings, Gowon refused to act and they continued with the killing sprey unabated.

Ojukwu then summoned an emergency meeting of all Eastern Nigeria stakeholders which included Igbo and Niger Delta artisans, traders, students etc at UNN Nsukka asking the way forward and they said they want to be on their own away from the people killing their people while bearing same name of one Nigeria.

Ojukwu then declared Biafra an independent nation of its own and Gowon declared war against Biafra, so how did Ojukwu declared war against Nigeria you senseless beings

17 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nimi Amange: How I Escaped The War Front As A 16-Year-Old Biafran Soldier by Nobody: 5:02pm On Nov 09, 2019
franchasng:
[s]You Yoruba Muslims are so scornful and hate filled for Igbos , why Are Igbos the reason you Yoruba Muslims cannot sight the moon on your own without the help of Hausa-Fulani Emirs, what did the Igbos did wrong against you hateful lots eh

For your info, Ojukwu never declared war against Nigeria, don't you have sense, don't you rear foreign accounts and history books about that civil war

What led to the civil war of 1967 - 1969 is the 1966 northern pogrom in which Northerners (civilians and uniformed men) started killing civilian Igbos including Niger Delta people living in all Northern states because a military coup that does not concern civilians.

Gowon the then head of state who also came from the north refused to use his power as Head of State to stop the unwarranted killings of civilian Igbos in the north. Ojukwu being the Eastern Governor, who is like Prime Minister of Eastern Nigeria comprising Southeast + Southsouth wrote Gowon seeking he do something to stop the killings, Gowon refused to act and they continued on the killing sorry unabated.

Ojukwu then summoned an emergency meeting of all Eastern Nigeria stakeholders which included Igbo and Niger Delta artisans, traders, students etc at UNN Nsukka asking the way forward and they said they want to be on their own away from the people killing their people while bearing same name of one Nigeria.

Ojukwu then declared Biafra an independent nation of its own and Gowon declared war against Biafra, so how did Ojukwu declare ware against Nigeria you senseless beings[/s]

I don't respond to gutter minds. Present your opinion without the insults and I'll read it.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nimi Amange: How I Escaped The War Front As A 16-Year-Old Biafran Soldier by franchasng: 5:02pm On Nov 09, 2019
FrLukas:

The American dude, Bayrock or Mayrock or whatever his name was set himself ablaze in New York to protest on behalf of the Biafrans.

The owner of the ideology fled and abandoned his people when the federal soldier were closeby.

He even had the time to airlift his favourite Mercedes Benz car with him while he fled.

He came back and contested for the presidency of a country he wanted to secede from.

Are you aware that he purposely starved his Biafra compatriots so that he could use the pictures of the starving kids and mothers as propaganda to gain worldwide support?

There's a lot people don't know about the Nigerian Civil war simply because this generation of Nigerians don't read.

Sorry, Ojukwu was not a hero. A hero is one who protects his people and sacrifices his life for their sake. Not one who runs away and abandons them in the thick of the battle.
I have said it again and again, if some of you senseless Yoruba Muslims don't desist from all these your stupidity, you will bring ruins and disaster upon Southwest.

Go and ask Middlebelt that participated in hating and killing innocent Igbos living in their land in 1966, they are all regretting because most of the families have paid huge prices for that 1966 genocide they committed against innocent Igbos living peacefully in their communities in 1966.

And even Boko Haram is not ordinary, nature have a way of balancing things to reward people for their atrocities against fellow human, be careful!

9 Likes

Re: Nimi Amange: How I Escaped The War Front As A 16-Year-Old Biafran Soldier by franchasng: 5:03pm On Nov 09, 2019
FrLukas:

I don't respond to gutter minds. Present your opinion without the insults and I'll read it.
if this was in real life, I would have beaten the hell out of you until you vomit blood, senseless boy, GTFO angry angry

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nimi Amange: How I Escaped The War Front As A 16-Year-Old Biafran Soldier by Nobody: 5:04pm On Nov 09, 2019
FrLukas:

The owner of the ideology fled and abandoned his people when the federal soldier were closeby.

Just face Osogbo.
I don't have time.

3 Likes

Re: Nimi Amange: How I Escaped The War Front As A 16-Year-Old Biafran Soldier by Nobody: 5:05pm On Nov 09, 2019
Osagyefo98:

Lol. I read this same thing on Radio Biafra on Facebook. I just laughed.

Biafra had foreign mercenaries helping them fight on land, fly helicopters and jets.

Even today, if Biafra decides to start a war with Nigeria, they will still lose badly.

The Nigeria Armed Forces have over 40 years of combat experience and weaponry.

How? I mean, how?

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nimi Amange: How I Escaped The War Front As A 16-Year-Old Biafran Soldier by inyenejo(m): 5:07pm On Nov 09, 2019
My uncle suffered for this war fighting for Biafra, in fact the whole of Akwa Ibom suffered most , my village alone in Uruan LGA, Akwa Ibom state lost everything, the shell company, the Chinese rice company, Nepa headquarters etc, uptil now, those companies have not returned again, and i asked , if the Nigerian govt have truly forgotten about everything why are those companies not returned.....Here in Akwa Ibom there's absolutely no Federal present in the state since i was born , no refinery, no petro-chemical plant, no railway, no good federal road, no seaport yet we feed this country, the war is over let's come together and build b4 the situation on ground give birth to another Nnamdi Kanu in Akwa Ibom state....Abasi adiong Akwa Ibom state ke nsinsi.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nimi Amange: How I Escaped The War Front As A 16-Year-Old Biafran Soldier by Nobody: 5:08pm On Nov 09, 2019
Osagyefo98:

Just face Osogbo.
I don't have time.

Lol.

Osogbo is a nice peaceful town. Your people also live in Osogbo and prosper there, as is their right as Nigerian citizens.

Don't denigrate any town in the Southwest. Because they also house your people from whatever part of Nigeria you come from.

4 Likes

Re: Nimi Amange: How I Escaped The War Front As A 16-Year-Old Biafran Soldier by Area4Area: 5:11pm On Nov 09, 2019
HallaDaTruth:
I am happy he said he is from bayelsa. All of you who claim that Niger Delta is not part of Biafra. I Hope You have eyes to read what he said.
Have you ever been to Yenagoa before and asked the natives about the civil war, Igbos or Biafra, do you know if what he's writing is pro or anti-Igbo before jubilating?

2 Likes

Re: Nimi Amange: How I Escaped The War Front As A 16-Year-Old Biafran Soldier by Ibrahimmrfish(m): 5:13pm On Nov 09, 2019
Osagyefo98:

After you give thanks to,France,Isreal and South Africa for arming you guys if not, all the child soldiers and human shield your master oji the coward use will not have last for more than a year.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nimi Amange: How I Escaped The War Front As A 16-Year-Old Biafran Soldier by Nobody: 5:13pm On Nov 09, 2019
franchasng:
if this was in real life, I would have beaten the hell out of you until you vomit blood, senseless boy, GTFO angry angry

I don't even know what to type here. I'm rotflmao.

Don't be pained.

Construct your arguments like someone properly brought up and let's have a civil discussion.

You don't need to foam at the mouth like a person with warapa, acute convulsion.

I am used to your tantrums on Radio Biafra.

Go back now and reconstruct your arguments and I'll consider reading through. Simple sturvs. cheesy

3 Likes

Re: Nimi Amange: How I Escaped The War Front As A 16-Year-Old Biafran Soldier by Nobody: 5:13pm On Nov 09, 2019
FrLukas:

Lol.

Osogbo is a nice peaceful town. Your people also live in Osogbo and prosper there, as is their right as Nigerian citizens.

Don't denigrate any town in the Southwest. Because they also house your people from whatever part of Nigeria you come from.

Face osogbo young man.

Wetin osogbo get or who Dem epp.

2 Likes

Re: Nimi Amange: How I Escaped The War Front As A 16-Year-Old Biafran Soldier by HallaDaTruth: 5:13pm On Nov 09, 2019
Area4Area:
Have you ever been to Yenagoa before and asked the natives about the civil war, Igbos or Biafra, do you know if what he's writing is pro or anti-Igbo before jubilating?
I am not jubilating, neither am i putting him down in any way or form. My comment is just a message to those that think Biafra is just an only Igbo nation

6 Likes

Re: Nimi Amange: How I Escaped The War Front As A 16-Year-Old Biafran Soldier by Nobody: 5:15pm On Nov 09, 2019
HallaDaTruth:
I am not jubilating, neither am i putting him down in any way or form. My comment is just a message to those that think Biafra is just an only Igbo nation

You really have time responding to that Yoruba man.

The interview is there for him to read and rest.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nimi Amange: How I Escaped The War Front As A 16-Year-Old Biafran Soldier by Nobody: 5:15pm On Nov 09, 2019
inyenejo:
My uncle suffered for this war fighting for Biafra, in fact the whole of Akwa Ibom suffered most , my village alone in Uruan LGA, Akwa Ibom state lost everything, the shell company, the Chinese rice company, Nepa headquarters etc, uptil now, those companies have not returned again, and i asked , if the Nigerian govt have truly forgotten about everything why are those companies not returned.....Here in Akwa Ibom there's absolutely no Federal present in the state since i was born , no refinery, no petro-chemical plant, no railway, no good federal road, no seaport yet we feed this country, the war is over let's come together and build b4 the situation on ground give birth to another Nnamdi Kanu in Akwa Ibom state....Abasi adiong Akwa Ibom state ke nsinsi.

I like Akwa Ibom people.

The lack of federal government presence is because your federal lawmakers are representing you poorly.

They are the ones you should hold responsible though.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nimi Amange: How I Escaped The War Front As A 16-Year-Old Biafran Soldier by WelcomeToBiafra: 5:17pm On Nov 09, 2019
Your hometown Nembe is about 15 kilometres away from Oloibiri where oil was first found in Nigeria. It is surrounded by about 200 oil wells. How rich is the average person in your hometown? What is the average standard of living in your place?

Well the community is in the hands of the chiefs. I don’t know what takes place in other communities in the whole of Bayelsa State because I have not visited all. But I can say that this is the only community in Bayelsa state where the government is not doing anything in terms of development, because the electricity that we are enjoying is an understanding between the oil producing companies and the community. They gave us generators and gave us diesel to run them. Government does not care whether you have electricity or not. Then the portable water we enjoy in the community was given to us in the early 70s when Elder Spiff was the governor. We service the water system. The community chiefs do the regulation. If there is pump failure, it is the community chiefs that see to it. We don’t have local government activities here because the local government chairman lives in Yenegoa. He visits once in a while to come and pay salaries and returns to his place. Those are the issues.

These were the people sabotaging Biafra during the genocidal war by British Fulani terrorist against Indigenous People Of Biafrans. History is repeating itself, we new generation of IPOB will do the need this time in treating stupidity of saboteurs.

1 Like

Re: Nimi Amange: How I Escaped The War Front As A 16-Year-Old Biafran Soldier by Nobody: 5:22pm On Nov 09, 2019
AMEN!
Officialgarri:
The heading is quite misleading ..

But the story is encouraging. From this story, the point is that we should know when to jump out.
I'm sure the money he has and still making from politics is way higher than all his wages from Elf petroleum.

I pray God shows us when to jump unto the faster and better train of life
Re: Nimi Amange: How I Escaped The War Front As A 16-Year-Old Biafran Soldier by Nobody: 5:23pm On Nov 09, 2019
Osagyefo98:

Face osogbo young man.

Wetin osogbo get or who Dem epp.

No need to be bitter old man. Hit me with your best points and let me answer them with mine.

That I consider Ojukwu to be a coward doesn't mean I denigrate the Igbos.

If I could reverse the hands of time I'd put a bullet through Ojukwu's skull so that 3 million Igbo people would be saved. undecided

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nimi Amange: How I Escaped The War Front As A 16-Year-Old Biafran Soldier by Area4Area: 5:33pm On Nov 09, 2019
HallaDaTruth:
This post even shows more of what I'm saying, he said he escaped because a man from Nembe posted him to S&T.
Question

Was he forcefully conscripted that he decided to escape?
Were other people from his area posted to same S&T to enable them to escape since they were forcefully conscripted or not?

Did colonel that posted him finally escape himself?

Just wait for the book so we can know his stand.
Re: Nimi Amange: How I Escaped The War Front As A 16-Year-Old Biafran Soldier by dthabit(m): 5:35pm On Nov 09, 2019
Nice post

1 Like

Re: Nimi Amange: How I Escaped The War Front As A 16-Year-Old Biafran Soldier by T9ksy(m): 5:42pm On Nov 09, 2019
I am already working on a book about my Biafra experience. It was quite an experience. I was conscripted into Biafra army at age 16 and had three weeks training. Thereafter, we were to go to the war front and fight. But luckily enough for me, my aunt who I was staying with had a discussion with a colonel in the Biafra army who was a man from Nembe. The Colonel drafted me to S&T (Supply and Transport) and that was how I escaped going to the war front.

This is why i have always maintain that ojukwu should have been brought before the ICC for the use of boy soldiers which he called Boy's company, during the civil war.

Ben Okafor was 12 when he joined the same boy's company but was however saved by the inventiveness of his mother who deliberately kept him late for his platoons' first operation (after the same shoddy training exercise) which turned out to be their only operation as none of them returned home, alive including their 15 yr old captain.

"Prof" dede, for his part in the affray still has a bullet logged in his Frontal lobe hence his propensity for spewing hogwash at the slightest chance.Or at best, he will just go on a tangent to the crux of the matter thereby throwing other forumites, off the real content of the thread.

Oh btw, we never heard of any of ojukwus' (or his fellow elite) kids joining and losing their lives in this Boy's Company o!

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nimi Amange: How I Escaped The War Front As A 16-Year-Old Biafran Soldier by OGHENAOGIE(m): 5:49pm On Nov 09, 2019
Patrioticman007:

man leave thrash talk Nigeria was supported by super powers us, Soviet Union Britain so how were u expecting biafra to stand d heat... when na only France with alterior motive support biafra... use ur head

2 Likes

Re: Nimi Amange: How I Escaped The War Front As A 16-Year-Old Biafran Soldier by JastSiryin(m): 5:51pm On Nov 09, 2019
Giddymoney:
Guy you wicked abeg cheesy

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Handover Ceremony Of Maj. Gen. Lagbaja, Chief Of Army Staff / Dr. M.K. Hassan Fires Back At PDP For Calling Buhari A Semi-Illiterate / Why Our Refineries Can't Work, At Least For Now.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 118
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.