Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,547 members, 7,812,743 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 06:29 PM

Wearing CAP In Church - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Wearing CAP In Church (15718 Views)

Photos: Is Wearing Cap On The Pulpit Proper? / Bishop TD Jakes Wears Agbada & Igbo Red Cap In New Photos / Why Are Some Men Wearing Cap In The Church (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Wearing CAP In Church by alBHAGDADI: 9:42am On Nov 10, 2019
Ishilove:

1 Cor 11: 4-8

NKJV.

It is pretty clear what the scriptures say and I do not know where you got your own interpretation from.

You ARE THE ONE MISINTERPRETING this passage.

Read the scriptures very well. The head covering spoken of is LONG HAIR, not clothe material. If a man has long hair, Paul said it is a shame. He added that the long hair will cover his head which means he dishonors his head. Long hair is only given to women to cover their head. A man needs no long hair to cover his head. Long hair is a thing for women. The word COVERING has been misunderstood to mean cap, scarf, head-tie etc. No, it is talking of hair which God gave to women for covering.

Go and read the passage again.

1 Like

Re: Wearing CAP In Church by americanigga(m): 9:44am On Nov 10, 2019
alBHAGDADI:

In 1 Corinthians 11, Paul spoke against men covering their head. But people today thought the covering had to do with cap or hat. No, because Paul went ahead to reveal that he was talking about men having long hair. He added that women were given long hair as a covering. According to Paul, it is a shame for man to have his head covered with long hair.

But people today think the covering has to do with cloth materials
Re: Wearing CAP In Church by alBHAGDADI: 9:47am On Nov 10, 2019
Abiodun86:
how do u cover ur hair if u are not using cloth materials or hat

You use your hair as a female.

1 Corinthians 11:5 (KJV)
But every woman that prayeth or prophesieth with her head uncovered dishonoureth her head: for that is even all one as if she were shaven.

God gave women long hair as a covering. Paul never said the covering his clothes material.

1 Corinthians 11:15 (KJV)
But if a woman have long hair, it is a glory to her: for her hair is given her for a covering.

1 Like

Re: Wearing CAP In Church by Seetto: 9:50am On Nov 10, 2019
DonFreshmoney:

Did Paul tell you this himself??
This Paul is problem child, he has done more harm to Christianity than good, this is someone who has never set his eyes on Jesus, turned out to set a standard for modern Christianity.

2 Likes

Re: Wearing CAP In Church by Xclusiveme: 9:57am On Nov 10, 2019
DonFreshmoney:

Did Paul tell you this himself??

Lwkm hahaha
Re: Wearing CAP In Church by Enculer2: 9:58am On Nov 10, 2019
Elder0001:
Religion is a scam

Thank ypu
Re: Wearing CAP In Church by JJOF(m): 9:59am On Nov 10, 2019
Bacteriologist:
So according to you deluded Christians there exist a god who supposedly created the universe with a million galaxies and billions of solar systems and trillions of planets ONLY to care about what we wear and who we have sex with? Lool
Is it your delusion? Abeg leave us alone with our delusion.

3 Likes

Re: Wearing CAP In Church by JJOF(m): 10:01am On Nov 10, 2019
Seetto:

This Paul is problem child, he has done more harm to Christianity than good, this is someone who has never set his eyes on Jesus, turned out to set a standard for modern Christianity.
Who told you he didn't set eyes on Jesus?
Re: Wearing CAP In Church by Conner44: 10:04am On Nov 10, 2019
Bacteriologist:
So according to you deluded Christians there exist a god who supposedly created the universe with a million galaxies and billions of solar systems and trillions of planets ONLY to care about what we wear and who we have sex with? Lool

So you’re saying you and your family are descendants of apes? aka a Big Bang theorist?

Do you look like an ape like obj? grin

Even obj supposedly believes in God

1 Like

Re: Wearing CAP In Church by Larizbiz: 10:04am On Nov 10, 2019
Are you looking for Sales Career with a Multinational brand?
Are you a educated and has a minimum of SSCE?
Can you ride Bikes/Tricycle and have rider’s permit?
If yes, attractive salary and incentive awaits you!
Kindly call:
TEMITOPE: 09087659305
EMMANUEL: 09087659321
ISAAC: 09087415258

1 Like

Re: Wearing CAP In Church by nams77: 10:04am On Nov 10, 2019
Albagghadi. You are wrong⅝
Re: Wearing CAP In Church by Bacteriologist(m): 10:05am On Nov 10, 2019
JJOF:

Is it your delusion? Abeg leave us alone with our delusion.

Why are you not in church?? ...Jesus needs your money now .. don't be a thief. Go show up and sow that seed bitch
Re: Wearing CAP In Church by Enculer2: 10:06am On Nov 10, 2019
Africans remain slaves.

Cracking their heads over their slavemasters religion.
Re: Wearing CAP In Church by Bacteriologist(m): 10:09am On Nov 10, 2019
Conner44:

So you’re saying you and your family are descendants of apes? aka a Big Bang theorist?

Do you look like an ape like obj? grin

Even obj supposedly believes in God

Read a book other than your stupid Bible would you? Humans did not evolve from apes.
Humans and apes evolved from a common ancestor. So humans are apes.

You should know that but I would be expecting too much from someone that believes that snakes and donkeys talked and that all the animals in the world assembled in pairs in a single ark during a global flood.

Re: Wearing CAP In Church by s4short: 10:13am On Nov 10, 2019
alBHAGDADI:

You use your hair as a female.

1 Corinthians 11:5 (KJV)
But every woman that prayeth or prophesieth with her head uncovered dishonoureth her head: for that is even all one as if she were shaven.

God gave women long hair as a covering. Paul never said the covering his clothes material.

1 Corinthians 11:15 (KJV)
But if a woman have long hair, it is a glory to her: for her hair is given her for a covering.

If you look closely at the end of the verse 5 you just quoted you will see that Paul likens a woman not covering her head to a woman who has been shaven, that alone should tell you it was not hair he was talking about.

If you also follow the chapter you will notice the hair part is not mentioned until verses 14,15 and Paul simply uses it to give an example which the people could relate to "doth not even nature teach you, he was using the natural hair endowment to buttress his point on the need for women to cover their hair.

lastly if you go further he goes on to say they have no such customs neither do the churches, the question you now need to ask yourself is what was the custom of the Jews and the early church then, obviously it was to cover the hair with cloth for women.

I hope I have been able to clarify the chapter, God bless you.

2 Likes

Re: Wearing CAP In Church by thundafire: 10:17am On Nov 10, 2019
alBHAGDADI:

No verse compels man to remove his cap in Church. It's just a misunderstanding of the passage in Corinthians which people have also misunderstood to mean ladies must wear head-tie in church or when praying. All is false.
just shut up if u don't understand na by force
Re: Wearing CAP In Church by Conner44: 10:21am On Nov 10, 2019
Bacteriologist:

Read a book other than your stupid Bible would you? Humans did not evolve from apes. Humans and apes evolved from a common ancestor. So humans are apes.

Like Bigfoot? You believe humans and apes descended from something bizarre like Bigfoot or his smaller conniving cousin right? grin

big BANG theorist like you

1 Like

Re: Wearing CAP In Church by trumpcoat(m): 10:25am On Nov 10, 2019
Please read this too
1 Corinthians 11,4-5
1 Corinthians 11,2-16 for more clarification
Deuteronomy 22:5
Re: Wearing CAP In Church by Nobody: 11:21am On Nov 10, 2019
Probably a sign of respect and deference to the God you worship. But I think that only applies to public worship though.

I know Catholic monks who cover their entire head when they meditate and contemplate. Helps block out the entire world I suppose.
Re: Wearing CAP In Church by Nobody: 11:27am On Nov 10, 2019
Bacteriologist:

Read a book other than your stupid Bible would you? Humans did not evolve from apes.

You should know that but I would be expecting too much from someone that believes that snakes and donkeys talked and that all the animals in the world assembled in pairs in a single ark during a global flood.

1. The Bible is not a stupid book. If you called everythinyyou didn't understand stupid, you'd never learn.

2. Human beings are not apes and apes are not human beings.

3. Humans can talk to animals and animals can talk to humans. I'd show you how, but you'd only just scoff.

4. Don't take all of the Bible literally.

Just setting the records straight.
Re: Wearing CAP In Church by Sanchez01: 11:46am On Nov 10, 2019
JJOF:

It's just a religious practice.
It is not religious but a cultural practice that crept into the church.

3 Likes

Re: Wearing CAP In Church by Sanchez01: 11:51am On Nov 10, 2019
Ishilove:

1 Cor 11: 4-8

NKJV.

It is pretty clear what the scriptures say and I do not know where you got your own interpretation from.

You ARE THE ONE MISINTERPRETING this passage.

Ish, Ish, the stance of Paul isn't God's. Nearly half of what Paul and Peter wrote as letters which ended up finding their way into the Bible are somewhat wrong. The Apostles were highly opinionated that they admonished women keep quiet in church.

1 Like

Re: Wearing CAP In Church by COOL10(m): 11:59am On Nov 10, 2019
I only remove my caps in church when I feel hot.

1 Like

Re: Wearing CAP In Church by JayPeeOham: 12:26pm On Nov 10, 2019
Cumpel1615:
Happy Sunday guys, I have being trying to ask this question for long but thank God I remembered today.

Is there any Bible verse that warned us against putting on cap in church? I really would love to know, and if not, what is the significance of removing your cap in church?

OP this is the wrongest generation to ask this kinda questions coz we don sabi sometin pass all the people wey write bible....Over sabi no go kill us for this generation sha...

For u to get the correct response to ur question I advice u locate those people wey write the bible or better still ask HOLY SPIRIT!!!
Re: Wearing CAP In Church by xhaka999(m): 12:33pm On Nov 10, 2019
u
Re: Wearing CAP In Church by greatjoey: 12:48pm On Nov 10, 2019
[quote author=Cumpel1615 post=83892008]Happy Sunday guys, I have being trying to ask this question for long but thank God I remembered today.

Is there any Bible verse that warned us against putting on cap in church? I really would love to know, and if not, what is the significance of removing your cap in church?

[
The only biblical reference to wearing of cap is the one in 1 Corinthians 11. The emphasis ain't about while in church but about while praying or prophesying. It's seen as a sin but a disgrace to the head. Again, reading that verse further, the covering is against a man having long hair as even a cultural shame and disgrace. Studying the bible further. It must be borne in mind that the Bible tells us that, whatever two or three agree here on earth in God's name is also established in heaven. Relating to that passage of the bible, it can be said that it is neither a sin to wear a cap on while in church, nor a bad practice to remove caps while in church.
Re: Wearing CAP In Church by greatjoey: 12:51pm On Nov 10, 2019
[quote author=Cumpel1615 post=83892008]Happy Sunday guys, I have being trying to ask this question for long but thank God I remembered today.

[
The only biblical reference to wearing of cap is the one in 1 Corinthians 11. The emphasis ain't about while in church but about while praying or prophesying. It's not seen as a sin but a disgrace to the head. Again, reading that verse further, the covering is against a man having long hair as even a cultural shame and disgrace. Studying the bible further. It must be borne in mind that the Bible tells us that, whatever two or three agree here on earth in God's name is also established in heaven. Relating to that passage of the bible, it can be said that it is neither a sin to wear a cap on while in church, nor a bad practice to remove caps while in church.
Re: Wearing CAP In Church by JJOF(m): 2:04pm On Nov 10, 2019
Sanchez01:

It is not religious but a cultural practice that crept into the church.
True.
Re: Wearing CAP In Church by JJOF(m): 2:05pm On Nov 10, 2019
Bacteriologist:

Why are you not in church?? ...Jesus needs your money now .. don't be a thief. Go show up and sow that seed bitch
Is it your money? tongue tongue
Re: Wearing CAP In Church by Efomeh2020(m): 2:36pm On Nov 10, 2019
If the 24 elders around the throne of God could cast down their golden crown and worship God, who am i to wear a cap at his presence?

1 Like

Re: Wearing CAP In Church by Gryffindor: 3:23pm On Nov 10, 2019
But bishops,Cardinals and the Pope do wear caps during service/Mass
Re: Wearing CAP In Church by lilmarley: 3:39pm On Nov 10, 2019
Bacteriologist:

They'll never learn, just let them be

They've always believe what they are taught to believe and never questioned it, so literally they can't understand what you're trying to pass.
Replying to their text will only make you look stupid to the world cos only 0.01% will understand your point out of 100%

I'm glad to be among the few that doesn't believe in a fictional character God grin

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

On The Canon Of The Bible And The Roman Catholic Church / Prophet Bernard Siam: Stop Calling Me Spiritual Father If You Don’t Pay Me Tithe / Esoteric Paths

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.