Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,589 members, 7,837,218 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 07:16 PM

Nigeria Should Be Outsourced To The Ghanaians To Manage For 15 Years - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigeria Should Be Outsourced To The Ghanaians To Manage For 15 Years (4680 Views)

Tinubu Launches Conditional Cash Transfer For 15 Million Households / Ghanaians Now Use Tinubu To Banter Nigerians / Maina's Family Says He Is Now Too Broke, On Life Support For 15 Years (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria Should Be Outsourced To The Ghanaians To Manage For 15 Years by GENEGIRIA: 2:52pm On Nov 10, 2019
UN Ranks Nigeria’s Life Expectancy As Third Lowest In The World grin
By
Olalekan Yinusa
-

Nigeria has been ranked the world’s third lowest life expectancy rate of 55 years by the United Nations (UN grin).
In a report by the United Nations Population Fund (UNFPA) it said the life expectancy of an average Nigerian in 2019 is only better than those of people in Sierra Leone, Chad and the Central African Republic.
The three countries have respectively 53, 54, 54 years as their life expectancy rates, the report states while war-torn Afghanistan has 65 years; Somalia has 58; and Syria has 73.
The report puts Nigeria’s current population at 201 million and states that the total fertility rate among Nigerian women has dropped from 6.4 in 1969 to 5.3 in 2019, this means an average Nigerian woman gives birth to at least five children. grin
The UN agency’s report shows that Nigeria’s population moved from 54.7 million in 1969 to 105.4 million in 1994. It grew to 201.0 million in 2019.
Of this number, 44 per cent are between the ages of 0 and 14, while 32 per cent are within the ages of 10 and 24.
The report differs slightly from the estimate of the National Bureau of Statistics, which reported in 2018 that Nigeria’s population was 198 million.
The report also reveals that “child marriage” in Nigeria by the age of 18 years is 44 per cent, while the adolescent birth rate at age 15-19 per 1000 girls in the country is 145.
The report also says contraceptive prevalence rate by any method among Nigerian women aged 15-49 is only 19 per cent, while contraceptive prevalence by modern method among Nigerian women by the same age bracket 15 per cent.

[s]
POKUASI2:
Abua ba! Your country is a zoo.. you Ghanaians are animals living in hencoop and caves.. a city where you can't find common 2 storey building show how poor the people are.. stop comparing shitty ghana with Norway
[/s]

Re: Nigeria Should Be Outsourced To The Ghanaians To Manage For 15 Years by Just30: 2:53pm On Nov 10, 2019
Kapilta:
same here. Kumasi most especially. I bet many of them like just30 and the other guy forgot some Nigerians really do know their country.
and that is just a small part of Accra.

you guys dont even know your country Nigeria let alone Ghana
Re: Nigeria Should Be Outsourced To The Ghanaians To Manage For 15 Years by POKUASI2: 2:54pm On Nov 10, 2019
GENEGIRIA:

why not. nigerians are all over Ghana, running away from poverty grin grin grin grin and yet all the fools do is bad mouth their host country. na thunfer.... grin

[s][/s]
yet NIGERIANS running away from poverty have better physical appearance that you Ghanaians.. NIGERIANS running away from poverty are taller than you stunted midgets.. NIGERIANS running away from poverty are more built than you hungry looking Ghanaians with exposed ribcage.. NIGERIANS running away from poverty have better, softer skin texture than you Ghanaians with drink skin that feels like fish scale.. NIGERIANS running away from poverty know about the world than most of you domesticated goats..
Look at who's becoming celebrity in your country.. monkey and baboons
Re: Nigeria Should Be Outsourced To The Ghanaians To Manage For 15 Years by Multiplier7(m): 2:55pm On Nov 10, 2019
GENEGIRIA:
You Nigerians should not stop thanking Ghanaians for allowing your banks to exist in Ghana. These banks make profit, which they repatriate back to nigeria to feed you fools grin Nigeria is a crazy asylum filled with lunatics grin grin fvcking ingrates grin grin

Stop Mentioning Nigeria with that your community.... You guys shared boundaries with Togo ( better organized country? and Burkina Faso. Compare Ghana with those countries pls...We are not mates.
Re: Nigeria Should Be Outsourced To The Ghanaians To Manage For 15 Years by GENEGIRIA: 2:56pm On Nov 10, 2019
Revealed: Funny Precautions Nigerians Take To Avoid Being Kidnapped grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin FOOLS grin grin grin

by KUNLE AKINRINADE, PAUL UKPABIO and BIODUN ADEYEWA

Against the backdrop of rising cases of kidnapping in the country, many Nigerians have devised funny means by which they can avoid being kidnapped, report KUNLE AKINRINADE, PAUL UKPABIO and BIODUN ADEYEWA.

AS a routine, Jamal Adeolu, a system engineer with an engineering consulting firm in Lagos Island, does not return home through the same road he leaves for work. His strange itinerary is not without a reason. It all started mid-last year when he narrowly escaped being abducted by some gunmen close to his Abule Egba residence.

It was a cold evening after the rains that pounded the Lagos metropolis. To beat the heavy traffic that usually follows such a heavy downpour, the father of three started hurrying home at about 4 pm. Unfortunately, his fear became a reality as he was caught in a snarl of traffic around Oworonsoki section of the popular Third Mainland Bridge.

Three hours later, he arrived at Abule Egba and decided to do some shopping for his family in a mall around the area at about 7.30 pm. As he drove out of the premises of the mall after purchasing a few items, he noticed that a Toyota Corolla occupied by four men was coming behind him, but he had no inkling that the occupants could be kidnappers.

He was, however, observant enough to realise that the vehicle was showing up behind him at every turn. Not one to leave anything to chance, he drove into his neighbourhood on Meiran-Command Road at neck-breaking speed,
still the men in the Toyota car followed him. At that point, he realised that the occupants of the vehicle were up to something sinister.

On getting close to his street, Adeolu stopped and jumped out of the car, running into safety.
“Although I was ahead of them, I knew that they might catch up with me if I continued with the race. So, I quickly parked the car and jumped out into safety near my street,” he said.

“When they got to where my car was parked, they shot three times into the air and everyone around ran for dear lives. They started saying that God saved me, otherwise they would have brutalised me before abducting me. I was palpitating where I hid myself in a water tank.

“Since then, I have made it a habit not to return home through the same route I left, because I felt that some insiders in my neighbourhood might be involved in the botched attempt to abduct me.“

Like Adeolu, Aminat Rahman’s traumatic experience with suspected ritual kidnappers has led her into taking some funny precautions at bus stops before boarding a bus to her destination.

It all began after her miraculous escape from the den of kidnappers around Sagamu, Ogun State, barely two years ago. On that day, she had left her residence at Isolo to visit one of her friends at Iyana-Ipaja, boarding a commercial bus at Iyana Isolo Bus Stop. Unknown to her, the occupants of the vehicle were kidnappers.

She said: “I had no inkling that I was entering into trouble when I flagged down a bus under the bridge at Iyana Isolo Bus Stop along Oshodi-Apapa Expressway. I got to the bus at 1:00pm and that was the last thing I knew. By the time I regained consciousness, I was already blindfolded among several other captives at a grove. By Providence, the priest rejected me when it was my turn to be sacrificed and I was dumped in a thick forest.

“I ran for several hours and dashed out at a place close to a popular cement factory in Sagamu, Ogun State.”

The experience, according to Aminat, has made her to always wait longer at bus stops before boarding a vehicle.

“What I do now is to wait longer at bus stops and see that passengers disembark from a bus that I would board. I chose to do so because kidnappers don’t drop off their victims on the road.”

But Aminat’s strategy has not been without its consequences. “Sometimes, I wait for more than one hour at bus stops just to make sure I see a bus that would drop off passengers. This often makes me to arrive at my destinations very late, especially when I am returning home from work in the evening,” she said.

Others cases

Wale Adebayo, an administrative clerk in a Lagos-based finance house, is nursing a gash on his forehead after he was thrown off a moving bus by suspected bus robbers, popularly called ‘one-chance’, around Alakija Bus Stop on the Lagos-Badagry Expressway.

He was returning from work and joined a commercial bus at Oshodi en route Iyana Iba area of Ojo when the occupants of the vehicle seized him, took his phone and the N20,000 inside his wallet.

Shocked by the development, Adebayo
initially struggled with the robbers. In the middle of the struggle, his head was hit against the door of the bus, leaving him with a deep gash on his head.

“It was a terrible experience,” he said. “For days, I could not go to work because I was nursing the wound on my head. Even as I speak, I am still nursing the pain weeks after the wound has healed.”

Adebayo, who attends a white garment church, said the pastor of his church had foretold the incident during a Sunday service, but he did not pay any attention to the prophecy.

He said: “The pastor of my church, during a Sunday service two weeks before the incident, had asked the parishioners to pray against falling victim to ‘one-chance’ robbery. However, I left the church without joining in the prayer in order to attend the naming ceremony of my elder sister’s daughter somewhere at Okokomaiko.”

Adebayo recalled when he narrated the incident to his pastor, he (pastor) gave him a small crucifix to keep in his pocket at all times, assuring that the item would save him from robbery or kidnapping.

He said: “My pastor blessed a crucifix and told me to always keep it in my pocket, assuring that I would be saved from evil, especially kidnapping and robbery.

“To an extent, the crucifix my pastor gave me is working for me. Because there was a day I got to my neighbourhood and everywhere was deserted, only for my neighbours to congratulate me for not falling victim to a robbery operation in my street during which a man was killed.

“They told me that the sons from hell shot indiscriminately during the operation and a man that ran into them in his car was hit by bullets.”

For Anthony Ilevbare, the narrow escape of his daughter from kidnappers instigated by his housemaid four years ago is an ugly incident he would not want to happen again. According to him, the State, his housemaid connived with some persons to abduct his daughter from her school.

Luck, however, ran out on the abductors when his neighbours sighted them and raised the alarm, leading to the rescue of his daughter after the strange men were apprehended and handed over to law enforcement agents.

“Since then, my daughter does not leave home for school without being rubbed with a special anointing oil my pastor gave me. I strongly believe that only prayers can prevent one from falling victim of these heartless persons prowling around for victims. You know, when God is your fortress, there is no way you can be harmed. Hence, I also apply the oil on my head and body so I won’t be kidnapped too.”

Waheed Onasanya’s story is not different from others. Worried by the recent onslaught of kidnappers against travellers and commuters on Itoikin Road in Imota area of Ikorodu, the 45-year-old trader at Mile 12 Market revealed that a Muslim cleric-cum-spiritual leader of his Islamic denomination gave him a seal to always put in his pocket in order to avoid being abducted.

“I am not used to taking items like that until kidnappers recently made life unbearable for those of us living in the Imota axis of Itoikin Road.

“There was a particular day we heard that some landlords in my area were kidnapped and later released after an unspecified amount was paid as ransom. A few days later, some commuters were also abducted by gunmen along the road, and that made me to run to a Muslim cleric and founder of an Islamic organisation I belong to. He gave me a prayer seal to put in my pocket to avoid being kidnapped.

“Although some of the kidnappers terrorising my neighbourhood have been arrested by the police, I have not failed to keep the seal in my pocket for fear of running into kidnappers.”

Two years after, Mrs Yewande Awujoola, a resident of Abuja, the Federal Capital Territory (FCT), is yet to overcome her ordeal in the incident occurred on February 2015 when at his Ogijo residence in Ogun in the hands of vicious gunmen, who stormed her residence and whisked her away for five days.

The 50-year-old native of Osogbo, Osun State, who had been living in Abuja with her husband for more than 10 years, shared her ordeal, saying: ” The incident happened on the third day of a fasting and prayers session I was doing. I was preparing a meal to break my fast around 6.30 pm and my daughter had gone out to fetch water outside our apartment, hence, the door to our apartment was not locked. As she came in carrying a bucket of water on her head, three young men accompanied her into our apartment. At first, I thought they were robbers.

“But they didn’t ask for money, jewelry or take anything from the house. They asked me to cooperate, and led me out of the house and took me in the dark into a rocky forest near Abuja.

Their hideout was under a rock that looked like a cave. They didn’t call my husband that night until the second day when they demanded for a ransom from my husband and also informed him not to involve policemen because that would be counter-productive. They didn’t dehumanise me, however.

“On the fourth day, two members of the gang left for the city in search of food. So, I was left with the third member of the gang, a young man. When I asked him why they were doing such a dirty job, he said it was because they didn’t have any good work to do. He apologised to me and asked me to forgive him. I prayed for him and asked him to forsake that evil way.

“I was eventually released on the fifth day in the night and dropped at the outskirts of Abuja. Since that encounter, any time I see two or three persons coming towards me or passing, I always feel unsaved, and I would detour and hide somewhere to allow them pass again.”

Also sharing the precautions he has adopted to forestall being kidnapped, a foremost filmmaker, Mr Fidelis Duker, said: “I have reduced long road travels and I advise others to do same. I travel by air whenever possible. I have also reduced the level of personal information that I give out to people when travelling or within my environment. Whenever I am driving, I watch out if I am being trailed or monitored and I advise that people should be extra cautious of their environment.

“The government must empower and motivate our security agencies with the right environment and equipment to work with. They must be properly equipped to fight and gather intelligence. In my opinion, l will suggest that our security agencies must work more with intelligence report. They must as a matter of urgency redirect their approach to curtailing kidnapping. Sincerely, the country is under siege; the North East, North West, North Central, South East and now the South West are no more safe.”

Mrs. Elizabeth Oluseye, a caterer, does not leave the house these days without reciting Psalm 91 repeatedly to cover herself, her family and children who are in school.

Mrs Oluseye told one of our reporters that she does that because “divine covering is better than all the bullet proofs in the whole world.” She added: “Our respected father in the Lord, Pastor (Enoch) Adeboye, in one of his books, described Psalm 91 as ‘our comprehensive insurance policy’. So, I cover myself, my family and children in school every morning against the evil activities of kidnappers and rapists. And because the word of God never fails, the scriptures have never failed me and will never fail me.”

Mr. Julius Ademoro, a clearing and forwarding agent, drives himself these days. According to him, he is comfortable enough to take a driver and, in fact, had in the past employed the services of two drivers. “But I had to stop engaging drivers,” he said, “when I started hearing and reading stories of how domestic aides have been implicated in cases of either arranging the kidnapping of their masters’ children or even killing their bosses outright. Although the drivers I had worked with didn’t do anything evil, I just had to take precautions. Of course, I paid them off handsomely.”

A landlord in Igando area of Lagos, who does not want his name in print, told one of our reporters that he and some of his colleagues in landlords associations have since stopped engaging personal security guards or gatemen in their houses because of the reports of alleged complicity of guards in cases of kidnapping, robbery and killing.

According to him, “What some of us do now is to rely on the general night guards to secure our streets. Most of these people are local hunters brought in from villages or members of a popular militia.

We pay them well and monitor them well. They have been doing a fantastic job and so far, there have been no untoward reports about them.”
Since the day Veronica, a computer graphic artist, fell into the hands of commuter robbers called in local parlance“One chance,” she has been wary of the kind of vehicle she now boards.

“Some time last year”, she recalled, “I had to stay the night in the office and on my way home early in the morning the following day, a commuter bus I innocuously boarded at Akowonjo Roundabout in Egbeda, Lagos, turned out to be ‘One chance’. I went through hell in their hands. I was to alight at Jimoh bus stop just a short distance away, but they detoured and took me to Ayobo. They beat the hell out of me, stole my money and also took my ATM. They forced me to give them my pin number and cleared my account. They also took my handset.

“Since that time, anytime there are not many ladies inside a bus or where there are only few people in the bus and the men inside the bus look like ‘area boys’, I will avoid it. These are indeed dangerous times.”

A tittle editor, who pleaded anonymity, will never forget the day he was robbed at gunpoint two years ago.

“It was sometime in March, 2017”, he recalled, “during an acute fuel scarcity in Lagos and other parts of the country. So, I had to take public transport to the office because I had no fuel to power my car. It was a production day; so I left the office late. By the time I got to my bus stop along LASU-Igando Road, it was past 11:00pm; it was drizzling and so the streets were deserted.

“A few meters to my house, three men on motorcycle accosted me and at gunpoint robbed me of everything I had on me – A Samsung Galaxy smart telephone, an Infinix smart phone, a gold-plated wristwatch and some cash. I lost over N600,000 in that encounter. Since then, anytime I see three men riding a motorcycle, my heart will skip in fright”.

The Nigeria Police Force recently launched ‘Operation Puff Adder’ against kidnapping and banditry across the states of the federation.
Announcing the commencement of the nationwide operation on April 5, the Inspector General of Police, Mr. Mohammed Adamu, in a statement issued by the Force spokesman, Mr Frank Mba, explained that ‘Operation Puff Adder’ will tackle violent crimes in the country, especially banditry and kidnapping in Kogi, Katsina, Niger and Zamfara.

Massive arrests of notorious kidnappers and bandits and seizure of arms and ammunition have been made nationwide since the operation commenced in several states in the country.

https://thenationonlineng.net/revealed-funny-precautions-nigerians-take-to-avoid-being-kidnapped/

Re: Nigeria Should Be Outsourced To The Ghanaians To Manage For 15 Years by Kapilta(m): 2:56pm On Nov 10, 2019
Just30:
and that is just a small part of Accra.

you guys dont even know your country Nigeria let alone Ghana
do you think we are ghanaians that pokenose in other people affair and country while they abandon theirs.

I know my country same way i know your small cave.
Re: Nigeria Should Be Outsourced To The Ghanaians To Manage For 15 Years by Just30: 2:59pm On Nov 10, 2019
POKUASI2:
I swear.. there's no part of Accra I don't know.. from airport city.. to cantonment.. to Osu.. to flag staff house.. to SPINTEX.. to legon
that is just a small part of Accra.

You know nothing about Ghana if that is where you even know.
Re: Nigeria Should Be Outsourced To The Ghanaians To Manage For 15 Years by Just30: 3:01pm On Nov 10, 2019
Kapilta:
this @bolded just30 and his other will cry ooo.

The country was overrated by Nigerians while trying to despise Nigeria. You see Omotola and Eben did same thing during their visit to ghana last year.

It's normal, it's even wonderful that it is near so they can always visit and see for themselves. I always thought Ghana was almost paradise before visiting. Smh
grin grin grin grin

hehehe so youve also been to Ghana

hehehe

anyway, hope you realised all the things you lack in Nigeria and had an experience of wht sanity could mean for your country?
Re: Nigeria Should Be Outsourced To The Ghanaians To Manage For 15 Years by GENEGIRIA: 3:01pm On Nov 10, 2019
GRIDCo TRAINS TECHNICAL PERSONNEL FROM TRANSMISSION COMPANY OF NIGERIA (TCN).

GHANA TRAINS STVPID NIGERIAN TECHNICIANS grin grin grin grin grin
Ghana Grid Company Limited (GRIDCo), has started a 5-day training workshop for technical staff of the Transmission Company of Nigeria (TCN), as part of GRIDCo’s growing partnership with power utilities within the sub-region.
GRIDCo over the years, has had interconnections for the exchange of power between Ivory Coast, and Togo and Benin before the West African Power Pool (WAPP) started operation.
Opening the training programme, Mr. Mark Baah, Director of System Operations welcomed the trainees and urged them to take the entire workshop seriously since the main objective is to improve on the efficiency of power delivery both locally and internationally. He added that, electricity accessibility in Ghana currently, stands at 86%.
Mr. Baah said, it is necessary for both countries to design a format to continue with the training arrangement for progress for efficiency in power supply within the sub-region.
Narrating how Ghana’s grid system has grown, Mr. Baah said Ghana’s installed power capacity has doubled, with about 6,000 circuit kilometers of transmission lines.
He revealed that, the Supervisory Control and Data Acquisition (SCADA) which started as an analog system but has been transformed into digital.
He reiterated the need for power utilities to do diligent procurement of their SCADA to avoid frequent system breakdowns with resultant high financial cost in repairs.
The Director, Human Resource and Services, Wing Cdr. Samuel Allotey, run the trainees through the training structure with the ultimate goal for them to be familiar with activities in GRIDCo’s SCADA and Telecommunication Systems.
He indicated that, GRIDCo is adopting three basic training methodologies. These are: Instructional, Interactive and Fieldwork, adding that SCADA is very technical and trainees need hands-on exposure to be able to manage their SCADA and Telecommunication Systems

Re: Nigeria Should Be Outsourced To The Ghanaians To Manage For 15 Years by Just30: 3:02pm On Nov 10, 2019
StaffofOrayan:
Hahaha

you need to try harder

cause even a poor Ghanaian is way better than the richest nigerian

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Should Be Outsourced To The Ghanaians To Manage For 15 Years by Jman06(m): 3:02pm On Nov 10, 2019
Futuragetty:
Do you think there's no corruption in Ghana?
Or even human rights violations?

We do not have constant power because Oga's at the top benefits from Generator importation.

And We have a not too solid education! At least I had One.

Even in the USA, There's a town in South Carolina that lacks access to clean water that you enjoy in 'Some places' in Nigeria.
Do not get me wrong, I am not saying' Clean water' is a human right.
People all over the world suffer what we go through in Nigeria. In their case, The justice system will fight and protect them. But in our, We lay down and do nothing!

I think one of the greatest challenges we face in our quest to see a better Nigeria is people like you who try to defend the failed system on baseless grounds!
All what the op wrote is the truth and you know it.
Re: Nigeria Should Be Outsourced To The Ghanaians To Manage For 15 Years by GENEGIRIA: 3:02pm On Nov 10, 2019
The fool actually lives there. such demonic bastardz grin grin
Just30:
grin grin grin grin

hehehe

anyway, hope you realised all the things you lack in Nigeria and had an experience of wht sanity could mean for your country?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Should Be Outsourced To The Ghanaians To Manage For 15 Years by POKUASI2: 3:03pm On Nov 10, 2019
GENEGIRIA:
UN Ranks Nigeria’s Life Expectancy As Third Lowest In The World grin
By
Olalekan Yinusa
-

Nigeria has been ranked the world’s third lowest life expectancy rate of 55 years by the United Nations (UN grin).
In a report by the United Nations Population Fund (UNFPA) it said the life expectancy of an average Nigerian in 2019 is only better than those of people in Sierra Leone, Chad and the Central African Republic.
The three countries have respectively 53, 54, 54 years as their life expectancy rates, the report states while war-torn Afghanistan has 65 years; Somalia has 58; and Syria has 73.
The report puts Nigeria’s current population at 201 million and states that the total fertility rate among Nigerian women has dropped from 6.4 in 1969 to 5.3 in 2019, this means an average Nigerian woman gives birth to at least five children. grin
The UN agency’s report shows that Nigeria’s population moved from 54.7 million in 1969 to 105.4 million in 1994. It grew to 201.0 million in 2019.
Of this number, 44 per cent are between the ages of 0 and 14, while 32 per cent are within the ages of 10 and 24.
The report differs slightly from the estimate of the National Bureau of Statistics, which reported in 2018 that Nigeria’s population was 198 million.
The report also reveals that “child marriage” in Nigeria by the age of 18 years is 44 per cent, while the adolescent birth rate at age 15-19 per 1000 girls in the country is 145.
The report also says contraceptive prevalence rate by any method among Nigerian women aged 15-49 is only 19 per cent, while contraceptive prevalence by modern method among Nigerian women by the same age bracket 15 per cent.

[s][/s]

Re: Nigeria Should Be Outsourced To The Ghanaians To Manage For 15 Years by Multiplier7(m): 3:03pm On Nov 10, 2019
Lol...They said it is Nigerians that is doing prostitution. That's how ignorance is ravaging Ghana like Cancer. Children prostitution I'd paramount in Ghana o

Re: Nigeria Should Be Outsourced To The Ghanaians To Manage For 15 Years by GENEGIRIA: 3:05pm On Nov 10, 2019
Over 7,000 charmed hunters set to do battle with Boko Haram grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin foolish goats grin grin grin grin
Thousands of Nigerian hunters, armed with charmed amulets and intimate knowledge of harsh terrain, are preparing an offensive against the Boko Haram extremists who have ravaged the northeast for a decade, calling it “high time” they helped soldiers end the deadly insurgency, reports Associated Press.
In all, over 7,000 charmed hunters are to mobilised from Nigeria, Chad, Niger and neighbouring countries ravaged by the Islamist fundamentalists.
Nigeria’s government discouraged a similar offensive five years ago, calling it a suicide mission. This time it has the backing of the governor of Borno state, which has suffered the worst of the Boko Haram attacks.
It is a sign that Nigerian authorities, who have repeatedly claimed the defeat of Boko Haram, might be running out of options against the Islamic extremists and a recent offshoot that has pledged allegiance to the Islamic State group.
Borno state’s new Gov. Babagana Zulum, who inherited the conflict after winning election earlier this year, said he is tired of applying conventional strategies against an extremist group that has killed and abducted tens of thousands of people and displaced millions. The unrest has created a vast humanitarian crisis.
The governor recently approved the sourcing of at least 10,000 hunters to help end the fighting.
While Nigeria’s military would not comment, government spokesman Isa Gusau confirmed that the governor has decided to “aggressively explore every lawful means necessary in trying to put an end to the insurgency” after consultations with key stakeholders including elders and traditional rulers.
“We need all the prayers we can get, given the task ahead,” Gusau said.
The hunters are separate from the civilian self-defense forces that have sprung up in northeastern Nigeria to combat the Boko Haram insurgency. Usually inheriting their vocation, the hunters are seen as the only group with intimate knowledge of the forests and other terrain in the vast region near Lake Chad. They see their charms and amulets as protection from attack.
An Associated Press reporter this week visited the camp where about 2,000 hunters have been waiting ahead of their march into the Sambisa forest and other Boko Haram hideouts.
More than 5,000 are being mobilized from Nigeria and regional countries including Burkina Faso, Niger and Chad, said one leader of the hunters, Baba Maigiwa.
“The majority of our men have returned to their various states and communities to go and bid their families farewell” but are on their way back to the Borno capital, Maiduguri, said another leader, Abdulkareem Umar.
“We are here because the governor is passionate about ending this madness called Boko Haram,” he said.
“I remember about five years ago when we, on our own, converged here in Maiduguri with the intention of storming Sambisa forest to confront Boko Haram, but we did not get the backing of the government and the military. As law-abiding citizens, we had to withdraw. But as this is happening now, it means it is time.”
He said the hunters had received 10 vehicles from the state government to help in transport but said they need 30 more, along with weapons.
“We have also made it clear to the authorities that the difference between the soldiers and the hunters is the military training and our knowledge of the jungle,” he said. “But what unites us both is armament. So we need arms and ammunition, just like the soldiers. When that is done, the rest would be history, by the grace of God.”
He said the hunters are being fed by the Borno state government as they wait for the offensive, and food and water have been deployed to various locations that can be used as forward operating bases.
“We are so happy with the move the state governor is making by recognizing the contributions that the hunters can bring into the counterinsurgency war,” said another hunters’ chief, Maigana Maidurma. “We are ready to lay down our lives if that is what it would take to bring peace to our dear land.”
A younger hunter, 32-year-old Auwal Unar, called the upcoming offensive “a war to safeguard our future and the safety of our women and children.”
He said the hunters believe in the potency of the charms they will carry into battle.
“We don’t fear guns but fear only God,” he said. “When we roar in the jungle even the lions fear because our fathers have tapped the secret of the forests, so Boko Haram will have no hiding place. They will have no choice than to surrender, or they die if they dare stand in our way.”

Re: Nigeria Should Be Outsourced To The Ghanaians To Manage For 15 Years by juman(m): 3:06pm On Nov 10, 2019
Ghanaians that cannot build a modern country themselves.
Ghana is badly managed country.

All the vices you see in nigeria, you also see them in ghana but in lower grade.
Re: Nigeria Should Be Outsourced To The Ghanaians To Manage For 15 Years by vaxx2: 3:08pm On Nov 10, 2019
GENEGIRIA:
GRIDCo TRAINS TECHNICAL PERSONNEL FROM TRANSMISSION COMPANY OF NIGERIA (TCN).

GHANA TRAINS STVPID NIGERIAN TECHNICIANS grin grin grin grin grin
Ghana Grid Company Limited (GRIDCo), has started a 5-day training workshop for technical staff of the Transmission Company of Nigeria (TCN), as part of GRIDCo’s growing partnership with power utilities within the sub-region.
GRIDCo over the years, has had interconnections for the exchange of power between Ivory Coast, and Togo and Benin before the West African Power Pool (WAPP) started operation.
Opening the training programme, Mr. Mark Baah, Director of System Operations welcomed the trainees and urged them to take the entire workshop seriously since the main objective is to improve on the efficiency of power delivery both locally and internationally. He added that, electricity accessibility in Ghana currently, stands at 86%.
Mr. Baah said, it is necessary for both countries to design a format to continue with the training arrangement for progress for efficiency in power supply within the sub-region.
Narrating how Ghana’s grid system has grown, Mr. Baah said Ghana’s installed power capacity has doubled, with about 6,000 circuit kilometers of transmission lines.
He revealed that, the Supervisory Control and Data Acquisition (SCADA) which started as an analog system but has been transformed into digital.
He reiterated the need for power utilities to do diligent procurement of their SCADA to avoid frequent system breakdowns with resultant high financial cost in repairs.
The Director, Human Resource and Services, Wing Cdr. Samuel Allotey, run the trainees through the training structure with the ultimate goal for them to be familiar with activities in GRIDCo’s SCADA and Telecommunication Systems.
He indicated that, GRIDCo is adopting three basic training methodologies. These are: Instructional, Interactive and Fieldwork, adding that SCADA is very technical and trainees need hands-on exposure to be able to manage their SCADA and Telecommunication Systems
Don't mind those idiot hyping Nigeria failed system

This is a whole delegate from Nigeria ministry of education and a whole HOD of the engineering department of university of Nigeria insukka coming to Ghana to learn the best practise of a vocational education development.

This is the reasons Nigerians are schooling in Ghana.... That is NTA news

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bm7nl-Cum4U
Re: Nigeria Should Be Outsourced To The Ghanaians To Manage For 15 Years by Multiplier7(m): 3:08pm On Nov 10, 2019
grin grin grin grin

See Ghana o...

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Should Be Outsourced To The Ghanaians To Manage For 15 Years by GENEGIRIA: 3:10pm On Nov 10, 2019
hahahahahahahahaha foolish nigerian mudder fuggerz grin grin grin see what they give to their children in schools as school feeding. trying to copy from Ghana!

Re: Nigeria Should Be Outsourced To The Ghanaians To Manage For 15 Years by RTSC: 3:12pm On Nov 10, 2019
I wouldn't be surprised if it was a Nigerian that created this thread.
If you listen to a Nigerian, you would think Somalia is better.
Comparing ourselves with countries that don't even a quarter of what we have

That was how one Ethiopian saw video of Nigeria on YouTube and was like where did all the misinformation came from given how it was much better than his own country.

I told him Nigerians themselves plant the misinformation.
A sort of Stockholm syndrome due to years of misgovernment.
Re: Nigeria Should Be Outsourced To The Ghanaians To Manage For 15 Years by Multiplier7(m): 3:14pm On Nov 10, 2019
Ladies and Gentlemen...I present to you Ghana aah!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Should Be Outsourced To The Ghanaians To Manage For 15 Years by GENEGIRIA: 3:15pm On Nov 10, 2019
Alas! Nigeria imports sawdust grin grin grin grin grin grin grin foolish nigerians can import saw dust grin grin grin grin grin
Published August 28, 2019
KINDLY SHARE THIS STORY

According to Trading Economics, imports to Nigeria surged 48% year-on-year to N943.6bn in December 2018, mainly driven by purchases of manufactured goods that took the chunk of 88.3% and raw materials, a meagre 12.5%.

The implication of the minute 12.5% in raw materials import is that Nigeria is extremely poor in value addition, meaning that as a nation, we are lacking in simple and complex industries that helped in the transformation of other economies. An example is the huge importation of our cocoa beans by the USA and the UK; no matter how the huge import bills may be, those countries are the richer for it because what they have imported is for value addition.

This scenario of unbridled import of finished products was aptly captured by the many super stores daily springing up in urban centres in Nigeria. A walk through these stores will make the patriotic citizen heave a forlorn sigh and wonder if the nation will ever be free from the imports of the biggest technologies like airplanes and ships to the import of minute technologies like matches and toothpicks. I was in such a mood when in a store in remote Akure, I saw imported sawdust on the shelf. I felt shocked to the marrows and dragged my colleague who was shopping with me to come and see what I saw. Sawdust! He exclaimed. I went back the following day to buy a pack for N1,299. It was to show to unbelieving Nigerians and lift it up to God to plead, “Save your people O! Lord.” That is if God in His benevolence interferes in such pedestrian matters. It is bad enough that Nigeria imports common banana and other exotic fruits into the country, but sawdust?
What was the selling point of this imported sawdust from France? The details on the pack claimed that the sawdust was made from old wine barrels and as such when it is used to roast meats, the aroma of the wine that the barrels had soaked over the years of using it for storage will flavour the meat. In simple terms what the French had done for us was a very simple “waste to wealth”; old wine barrels that would have been stacked somewhere until they decompose or taken to French rural areas to be used for winter fire were carefully converted into sawdust, neatly packaged and shipped to Nigeria and maybe other countries that have the “taste” for “luxury” and “class”.

Nigeria, a laughing stock in oil business — Petroleum minister grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin FOOLS
Sawdust seems to be a recurring encounter for me. Some years back, as an employee of the Lagos Chamber of Commerce & Industry, we hosted a business delegation from South Africa. One of them had told me, “Akin I saw on the long Bridge, how your country is burning money.” I had wondered if they came through the Niger Delta and my answer was “O! our gas flaring”, not knowing that he was talking about what he saw in Oko Baba, that strip on the Lagoon around Ebute-Ero when one is going to the Island through the Third Mainland Bridge where the bulk of saw-milling in Lagos takes place. What he saw was sawdust being burnt into ashes as a way of disposing the easily accumulated dust. He had told me that all we needed was a machine that could convert the sawdust into briquettes, and we have in our hands simple export commodities. The big question till today is, where is the technology and where are the entrepreneurs to make it happen? We all probably want to export crude oil. Where is the government’s will to boost Nigeria’s export at all costs? Those that have the money to import briquette-making machines would rather import state of the art fuel dispensing machines, build mega petrol filling stations to log into the dying but still lucrative petro-chemical industry in Nigeria. No wonder the landscape is filled up with fuel filling stations, where some, out of extreme poverty come to dispense N100 gasoline just to power their “I better pass my neighbour” generator to charge their phones and have a one-hour feel of civilisation.
We have waited for too long to take our place in the league of industrially competitive nations. I hope we will not get lost on the way, the way we are going about it. The rich and the mighty rejoice at the importation of exotic items for homes, offices and personal uses, or how do you explain the trinket and ornament catches of a former minister recently displayed by the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission? The middle class and the poor rejoice at the importation of second-hand goods which have dovetailed into used socks, boxers for men and intimate wear for ladies.

Re: Nigeria Should Be Outsourced To The Ghanaians To Manage For 15 Years by Multiplier7(m): 3:15pm On Nov 10, 2019
RTSC:

That was how one Ethiopian saw video of Nigeria on YouTube and was like where did all the misinformation came from given how it was much better than his own country.

Bro, it was a Ghanian living comfortably here in Nigeria. I tell you because I know
Re: Nigeria Should Be Outsourced To The Ghanaians To Manage For 15 Years by StaffofOrayan(m): 3:16pm On Nov 10, 2019
Hahahahahahahahahahahahaah

Just30:
you need to try harder

cause even a poor Ghanaian is way better than the richest nigerian
Re: Nigeria Should Be Outsourced To The Ghanaians To Manage For 15 Years by GENEGIRIA: 3:18pm On Nov 10, 2019
Hahahahahahahahaha to much bad news from that dumpsite. let me bring these fools a few photos from beautiful Accra grin grin grin

Re: Nigeria Should Be Outsourced To The Ghanaians To Manage For 15 Years by Kapilta(m): 3:18pm On Nov 10, 2019
Just30:
grin grin grin grin

hehehe

ghana is just useless. Even my visit to sierra leone and liberia were better. Ode. Sanity my ass
Re: Nigeria Should Be Outsourced To The Ghanaians To Manage For 15 Years by POKUASI2: 3:23pm On Nov 10, 2019
Ghana

Re: Nigeria Should Be Outsourced To The Ghanaians To Manage For 15 Years by GENEGIRIA: 3:23pm On Nov 10, 2019
2-Year-Old Raped By A 40-Year-Old Man In Abia grin grin
by GistMore: 5:45am On Aug 31

https://www.nairaland.com/5390294/2-year-old-raped-40-year-old-man-abia

A 40-year-old man has been arrested by men of the Abia state police command for allegedly raping a 2-year-old girl in Uturu, Abia state.

Activist, Harrison Gwamnishu, who shared the story online, said the victim, Ihechi Ndubuisi's mother, sells Akara in front of an estate where the suspect worked as a security man. On August 22nd, he lured the little girl into his security post and defiled her. Ihechi's mother found her baby with bloodstains all over her body.

The suspect has been arrested and detained at the Area Command Isiukwuato, Abia State.

The Victim is currently receiving medical treatment. The suspect will be charged to court soon.

http://gistmore.com/2-year-old-allegedly-raped-by-a-40-year-old-man-in-abia

Re: Nigeria Should Be Outsourced To The Ghanaians To Manage For 15 Years by Nobody: 3:23pm On Nov 10, 2019
GENEGIRIA:
Sorry to disappoint you. Ghanaians have moved on from the border issue. Keep your border and lock it for as long as you like. grin Frankly, I dont even know what the fuzz was all about. Ghana’s exports to Nigeria in one year can’t be more than $100 million. Given Ghana’s trade profile, that is a drop in the ocean grin so stop talking about Ghanaians dragging your border closure with you. It’s your border, do whatever you like with it. We don’t give a fvck!

What we give a fvck is what goes on in our own country. So we have decided to implement an existing law which restricts retail business to only Ghanaians grin so far hundreds of shops in Ghana belonging to foreigners have been closed, and some people are wailing, and I am delighted. grin grin So my friend, keep your border,huh? Hunger and stvpidity reigns in the sh1thole grin

Delighted over petty trading turf war? Shows how petty and small-minded you guys are in comparison to Nigerians.

It is only self-hating Nigerians who praise mediocre Ghana, like the OP, who give your sort the mouth to talk otherwise we are not your mates at anything and I mean anything at all.
Re: Nigeria Should Be Outsourced To The Ghanaians To Manage For 15 Years by Nobody: 3:28pm On Nov 10, 2019
Kapilta:

[s]Same thing applies to the poverty capital something. Nigeria is more populous than togo, benin, ivory coast, and ghana combine. Now imagine if the population of both togo, benin and ghana is 85million and all of them are living in extreme capital, that doesn't still change the fact that Nigeria will still remain the poverty capital because there is 90m Nigerians living in extreme capital.[/s]

So population plays a huge role in this indices of a thing.
Why does Nigeria have more people in poverty than India with a population of more than 1 billion people
Re: Nigeria Should Be Outsourced To The Ghanaians To Manage For 15 Years by Kapilta(m): 3:29pm On Nov 10, 2019
RTSC:

i was watching suga the part shot in Lagos with a ghanaian neighbor once and he was like that can never be Nigeria even when he was seeing the Nigerian number plates on cars on the streets and everything and he still refuse to accept that the scenes were shot in Nigeria, so i ask him why, he said Nigeria can never be that beautiful, that day i laugh ehn. Just some few places in Ikeja and VI used ooo. What if he come see the other big places.

There's this dubai based ghanaian travel vlogger, he was in Nigeria some months ago and he captured the eko atlantic city and other big major cities also used the Abuja metro rail, when he posted this video, his ghanaians followers failed to accept the vidoe really represent Nigeria o just because of the way Nigerians paint their country black while praising a small one, it has eventually become propagandas for other african countries and it's the picture they hold about Nigeria.

Look at the other one telling us ghana army can easily outdo Nigeria army on one thead like that. ghana army that doesn't even have Nigeria army numbers and fleets.
Re: Nigeria Should Be Outsourced To The Ghanaians To Manage For 15 Years by GENEGIRIA: 3:31pm On Nov 10, 2019

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Aregbesola Lauds Ugwuanyi For Promoting 'One Nigeria' Spirit / Next Anambra State Governor Must Be An Igala Man!! / Uniben Staff And Students Reject Ibori As Convocation Speaker

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 140
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.