Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,912 members, 7,821,182 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 09:24 AM

Igbo Presidency Is Simply For Bragging Rights, Nothing Special About It! - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Igbo Presidency Is Simply For Bragging Rights, Nothing Special About It! (1980 Views)

Do Igbos Think Peter Obi Is Competent Or Its Bragging Rights They Want / Soludo's Call For Kanu's Release Simply For Campaign - IPOB Lawyer / This Kumuyi Is Simply Different - Femi Adesina (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Igbo Presidency Is Simply For Bragging Rights, Nothing Special About It! by flokii: 12:06pm On Nov 11, 2019
Amarabae:
Oriaku short opinion.
"Igbo presidency is simply for bragging rights,
Nothing special about it, he or she will be as corrupt and ineffectual as the rest who ruled from 1999.
The problem is the system!
The system is the problem!
It takes a revolution, not an election to change the system!
Just make money, do your international passport, take yourself and family if possible and fly out abroad.
Or stay and hustle for money!
Leave the Igbos alone !we have seen it all.
Nothing can shake us again in Nigeria!
Oriaku loves you all kiss

Aww.. my sweet cupcake Oriaku

Most igbos I know share a different opinion from yours. If you have money and do not have power, there is limit to what you can achieve.

Happy hols sweetie
Re: Igbo Presidency Is Simply For Bragging Rights, Nothing Special About It! by LegendHero(m): 12:15pm On Nov 11, 2019
There are many things special about presidency if the occupant is someone with compassion and intellect.

I'm Yoruba and I can tell you for free that the reason why the Igbos failed in politics was because they believe too much in competition such that they always lose the focus.

The Igbo mantra is that: "In as much as the Yorubas don't have it, then we are fine"

Ever since the days of Azikwe that philosophy had been ingrained in the average Igbo such that it has percolated into the current generation. You all spoke about Yoruba betraying you in 2015 for voting Buhari and that you'll pay back in 2023 by voting thr North, is Jonathan an Igbo man? Why does the SE always like to cry more than the bereaved? Isn't it the same Jonathan that is currently supporting Lyon an APC candidate?

In 2019 elections, the Igbos are the main reason why Atiku lost, you ho about abusing the whole North calling them cows, calling them killers, illiterates and yet you're supporting a northern candidate Atiku, What is the brain behind that? The mutual hate for the Igbos by the northerners overshadowed the love they had for their son Atiku hence that contributed to his loss.

Now each tribe is preparing for 2023, but all the Igbos keep doing is abusing Tibubu and Osinbajo everyday and praying the north betray the Yorubas. You don't make any plan of selling your own candidate but all you do is hate on people that are putting in work.

There is still time to change, build your own success independent of others rather than trying to pull other people down to rise.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Igbo Presidency Is Simply For Bragging Rights, Nothing Special About It! by Nobody: 12:19pm On Nov 11, 2019
murphyibiam15:

you can just imagine what they wrote there, sometimes I just believe some of these people aren't igbos claiming to be Igbo here and talking rubbish...Imagine the infrastructure development in the west,seaports and rails and government institutions. An Igbo president will definitely do better, .. someone is even saying everyone should get passport travel out,..like we're now that less of humans to develop our place, and how many millions of our people will need to travel out, nonsense
She doesn't understand what she wrote up there. I think she belongs in the other room. I won't be surprised if she's married to an IPOB Port Harcourt branch meeting head.
Igbo Presidency is non-negotiable. The northeners and westerners have used their political position as President to develop their places and fix their people into nepotistic positions of power.
An Igbo Presidency will bring infrastructural development in the east just as done in other places. Our people will feel welcome into the Nigerian project and the useless IPOB agitations will die a natural death.
Only IPOB members and the Afonja's hate the idea of Igbo Presidency. The former intends to keep their message of marginalization and Biafra in the minds of eastern youth, while the later are naturally greedy with power and see Ndigbo as their nightmare.

3 Likes

Re: Igbo Presidency Is Simply For Bragging Rights, Nothing Special About It! by Nobody: 12:22pm On Nov 11, 2019
They should get the fvcking passport and travel out? Foolishness at it peak

To think this is coming from a woman, holy crap.

They'd never think about developing their region, all they know is migrate to other zones, you see them everywhere Kano, Lagos, ibadan, kaduna Jos every goddam place, who does that

Y'all claimed every body hates you and yet you won't stop migrating, Stockholm syndrome?

They prefers to pokenose to Lagos State affairs than to hold their Governors responsible for their woes

Igbo Amaka, Igbo owns 70% of properties in Lag, we developed Kano, we're the most intelligent we're this we are that, when are you guys going to make your very own region great?

Always crying, that's how they hijacked GEJ government, they destroyed his reputation and still they couldn't point to a single project

4 Likes

Re: Igbo Presidency Is Simply For Bragging Rights, Nothing Special About It! by murphyibiam15(m): 12:36pm On Nov 11, 2019
UdechiHD:
She doesn't understand what she wrote up there. I think she belongs in the other room. I won't be surprised if she's married to an IPOB Port Harcourt branch meeting head.
Igbo Presidency is non-negotiable. The northeners and westerners have used their political position as President to develop their places and fix their people into nepotistic positions of power.
An Igbo Presidency will bring infrastructural development in the east just as done in other places. Our people will feel welcome into the Nigerian project and the useless IPOB agitations will die a natural death.
Only IPOB members and the Afonja's hate the idea of Igbo Presidency. The former intends to keep their message of marginization and Biafra in the minds of eastern youth, while the later are naturally greedy with power and see Ndigbo as their nightmare.
exactly, you've said it all, IPOB want to keep being relevant to Igbo youths by shouting how marginalized we are while the other two tribes want to keep domineering..it won't work for them

1 Like

Re: Igbo Presidency Is Simply For Bragging Rights, Nothing Special About It! by FakeManna: 12:36pm On Nov 11, 2019
[s]
helinues:
May be may be not
[/s]
more trash
Re: Igbo Presidency Is Simply For Bragging Rights, Nothing Special About It! by Nobody: 12:43pm On Nov 11, 2019
murphyibiam15:

exactly, you've said it all, IPOB want to keep being relevant to Igbo youths by shouting how marginalized we are while the other two tribes want to keep domineering..it won't work for them
I have studied IPOB and Nnamdi Kanu for sometime now. The group trends on topics that diminish Igbo political relevance.
Re: Igbo Presidency Is Simply For Bragging Rights, Nothing Special About It! by FakeManna: 12:48pm On Nov 11, 2019
[s]
helinues:

All the best to you guys.. Good music no be by loudness
[/s]
trash
Re: Igbo Presidency Is Simply For Bragging Rights, Nothing Special About It! by FakeManna: 12:53pm On Nov 11, 2019
[s]
helinues:

I already wished you guys all the best in your saboteur plans.

So leave trash for lawna
[/s]
shut up
Re: Igbo Presidency Is Simply For Bragging Rights, Nothing Special About It! by Niaja4real(m): 12:55pm On Nov 11, 2019
Amarabae:
Oriaku short opinion.
Nothing special about it, he or she will be as corrupt and ineffectual as the rest who ruled from 1999.
Just make money, do your international passport, take yourself and family if possible and fly out abroad.
Okay!
Re: Igbo Presidency Is Simply For Bragging Rights, Nothing Special About It! by FakeManna: 12:56pm On Nov 11, 2019
[s]
helinues:

Today Na Monday.. No time for back and forth discussions

Have a wonderful week ahead
[/s]
trash
Re: Igbo Presidency Is Simply For Bragging Rights, Nothing Special About It! by Ojiofor: 1:04pm On Nov 11, 2019
UdechiHD:
I have studied IPOB and Nnamdi Kanu for sometime now. The group trends on topics that diminish Igbo political relevance.

Didn't you observe how Nnamdi Kanu jump out of hiding immidiately Peter Obi was chosen as PDP VP candidate last year,that tells me something.
Re: Igbo Presidency Is Simply For Bragging Rights, Nothing Special About It! by nku5: 1:04pm On Nov 11, 2019
nku5:

Jonathan's experience as president taught me my final lesson about Nigeria. He was commander in chief and performed probably better than any other before him but because he was from the wrong side of the country he was under threat from the north and the southwest from day one till the day he left office. He couldn't do anything for his people out of fear despite the fact that his place has been feeding Nigeria for more than 50 years.

Presidency is a waste to your region without restructuring unless you are from the north

1 Like

Re: Igbo Presidency Is Simply For Bragging Rights, Nothing Special About It! by Nobody: 1:10pm On Nov 11, 2019
Ojiofor:

Didn't you observe how Nnamdi Kanu jump out of hiding immidiately Peter Obi was chosen as PDP VP candidate last year,that tells me something.
Lol! This was why I stood against the humiliation of Ekweremadu by IPOB.
The game is to destroy SE political leadership, nothing more nothing less.
If he's fighting for Biafra no wahala, but when he begins to undermine Igbo political interest, then that becomes a problem.
Nnamdi Kanu change of tune began the moment he got his bail from prison. What happened next should tell you something.
From no Referendum No Election, till total anarchy in the east. The reason why the SE Governors acted fast before it could get out of hand.
Re: Igbo Presidency Is Simply For Bragging Rights, Nothing Special About It! by LabDNA: 1:14pm On Nov 11, 2019
The easiest ways to make seperatist group like IPOB lose their ammo is to ensure the presidency moves East. We are well aware that there are elements who enjoys the pain and resentment that the East is going through. The only reason they want the East to be denied presidency is not because their lives will be better but it is just to continue to taunt the East. These people know themselves are all over this website. These anarchist elements are more dangerous than boko haram, opc and ipob put together. They know themselves and must be checked.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Igbo Presidency Is Simply For Bragging Rights, Nothing Special About It! by Nobody: 1:19pm On Nov 11, 2019
LabDNA:
The easiest ways to make seperatist group like IPOB lose their ammo is to ensure the presidency moves East. We are well aware that there are elements who enjoys the pain and resentment that the East is going through. The only reason they want the East to be denied presidency is not because their lives will be better but it is just to continue to taunt the East. These people know themselves are all over this website. These anarchist elements are more dangerous than boko haram, opc and ipob put together. They know themselves and must be checked.
Flesh nor blood didn't reveal this to you.
Re: Igbo Presidency Is Simply For Bragging Rights, Nothing Special About It! by Area4Area: 2:11pm On Nov 11, 2019
LegendHero:
There are many things special about presidency if the occupant is someone with compassion and intellect.

I'm Yoruba and I can tell you for free that the reason why the Igbos failed in politics was because they believe too much in competition such that they always lose the focus.

The Igbo mantra is that: "In as much as the Yorubas don't have it, then we are fine"

Ever since the days of Azikwe that philosophy had been ingrained in the average Igbo such that it has percolated into the current generation. You all spoke about Yoruba betraying you in 2015 for voting Buhari and that you'll pay back in 2023 by voting thr North, is Jonathan an Igbo man? Why does the SE always like to cry more than the bereaved? Isn't it the same Jonathan that is currently supporting Lyon an APC candidate?

In 2019 elections, the Igbos are the main reason why Atiku lost, you ho about abusing the whole North calling them cows, calling them killers, illiterates and yet you're supporting a northern candidate Atiku, What is the brain behind that? The mutual hate for the Igbos by the northerners overshadowed the love they had for their son Atiku hence that contributed to his loss.

Now each tribe is preparing for 2023, but all the Igbos keep doing is abusing Tibubu and Osinbajo everyday and praying the north betray the Yorubas. You don't make any plan of selling your own candidate but all you do is hate on people that are putting in work.

There is still time to change, build your own success independent of others rather than trying to pull other people down to rise.
You just said it all, most Igbos feel that "if we can't have it, the north should have it" and funny enough this is the same north they love to denigrate at any slight opportunity.

Atiku might have won the last election if he had picked someone from the SS or SW, he thought the Igbos had the number but he was finally disappointed and of course, nobody wants to have anything to do with the Igbos after the insults especially in the north.

Instead of the SE to be focused on who to field in any of the two parties and start the underground job in order to win the trust of other Nigerians for their candidate, they're rather fixated on how the north will disappoint the SW. Tomorrow same people would start shouting "Hausa born to rule mentality".

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Igbo Presidency Is Simply For Bragging Rights, Nothing Special About It! by helinues: 2:43pm On Nov 11, 2019
LegendHero:

3 gbosa for you ... Still on this thread ooo

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Igbo Presidency Is Simply For Bragging Rights, Nothing Special About It! by FakeManna: 4:38pm On Nov 11, 2019
[s]
helinues:

3 gbosa for you ... Still on this thread ooo
[/s]
Re: Igbo Presidency Is Simply For Bragging Rights, Nothing Special About It! by QuotaSystem: 5:15pm On Nov 11, 2019
Damn just see as the OP was fully murdered on her own thread shocked shocked

Savage.
Re: Igbo Presidency Is Simply For Bragging Rights, Nothing Special About It! by Taba21: 5:28pm On Nov 11, 2019
Amarabae:
Oriaku short opinion.

The truth is no northerners will vote for an Igbo presidency

Re: Igbo Presidency Is Simply For Bragging Rights, Nothing Special About It! by Nobody: 5:34pm On Nov 11, 2019
Taba21:

The truth is no northerners will vote for an Igbo presidency
Are you Yoruba's not ashamed of speaking for every tribe including the north? How long will you keep using this Quota system monicker to deceive yourselves. I hope you don't resurrect your Arewafederation monicker because your antics is stale already.
Northeners know themselves and Tinubu is not one of them. Rally your numbers in the SW and hope for a miracle against a northern contestant.
The SS/SE will meet you in the polls come 2023.
Re: Igbo Presidency Is Simply For Bragging Rights, Nothing Special About It! by Taba21: 5:44pm On Nov 11, 2019
UdechiHD:
Are you Yoruba's not ashamed of speaking for every tribe including the north? How long will you keep using this Quota system monicker to deceive yourselves. I hope you don't resurrect your Arewafederation monicker because your antics is stale already.
Northeners know themselves and Tinubu is not one of them. Rally your numbers in the SW and hope for a miracle against a northern contestant.
The SS/SE will meet you in the polls come 2023.

Why are you deceiving yourself calling and hoping that my region will have something meaningful to achieve with you people.
Why can you go alone with your cross just kindly focus on your south East and for information there will be nothing like 2023 election
Re: Igbo Presidency Is Simply For Bragging Rights, Nothing Special About It! by Ojiofor: 6:38pm On Nov 11, 2019
UdechiHD:
Lol! This was why I stood against the humiliation of Ekweremadu by IPOB.
The game is to destroy SE political leadership, nothing more nothing less.
If he's fighting for Biafra no wahala, but when he begins to undermine Igbo political interest, then that becomes a problem.
Nnamdi Kanu change of tune began the moment he got his bail from prison. What happened next should tell you something.
From no Referendum No Election, till total anarchy in the east. The reason why the SE Governors acted fast before it could get out of hand.

The same reason I want him to remain in exil and let his relatives bury his late mother because his presence may destabilize SE and bring in chaos.
I wasn't in support of what they did to Ike such treatment should have gone to his state governors both past present but you will never hear him criticise the rut and looting going in his home state.

2 Likes

Re: Igbo Presidency Is Simply For Bragging Rights, Nothing Special About It! by okefrancis: 7:04pm On Nov 11, 2019
There is no cause for alarm, VP Osinbajo will be president come 2023
Re: Igbo Presidency Is Simply For Bragging Rights, Nothing Special About It! by fyneguy: 7:08pm On Nov 11, 2019
mrvitalis:
Thats the truth ...we Igbo's don't really want the presidency its not something we look up to to better our life

But that doesn't mean u can take what belongs to us ...if nigeria agrees to zoning the east cab accept to be the last zone to rule even

2011 Igbo's would have worked with bubari the way west did in 2015 ,he wrote to us but we refused ...yea ..because we wanted Niger delta to test power

Thats why 2023 we are ready to hand it over to north until the south west has sense

That is the mistake most of you make - bragging to have the capacity to determine who becomes President. You insult other tribes and still expect them to support your aspirations. No, It does not work like that. In 2023, it will be dawn on you.

1 Like

Re: Igbo Presidency Is Simply For Bragging Rights, Nothing Special About It! by fyneguy: 7:13pm On Nov 11, 2019
Mariangeles:

Leadership is an Igbo thing.
Nigeria deserves an Igbo president.
When an Igbo becomes president, watch things turn around so fast, you'd wonder...

Perhaps you should give examples of how your Governors have turned SE states to mini Dubai.
Re: Igbo Presidency Is Simply For Bragging Rights, Nothing Special About It! by mrvitalis(m): 7:16pm On Nov 11, 2019
fyneguy:

That is the mistake most of you make - bragging to have the capacity to determine who becomes President. You insult other tribes and still expect them to support your aspirations. No, It does not work like that. In 2023, it will be dawn on you.
This excuse u guys give is rubbish ,have Igbo's not supported the north west ?
Have we not supported the west ?
Have we not supported north east ?
Have we not supported the south south ?

Which other bridge do u want us to build ...if voting the north is the bridge south west built why not allow us build same bridge since south west want to be unreasonable
Re: Igbo Presidency Is Simply For Bragging Rights, Nothing Special About It! by lastmessenger: 7:30pm On Nov 11, 2019
Waterview:

They'd never think about developing their region, all they know is migrate to other zones, you see them everywhere Kano, Lagos, ibadan, kaduna Jos every goddam place, who does that

Y'all claimed every body hates you and yet you won't stop migrating, Stockholm syndrome?

They prefers to pokenose to Lagos State affairs than to hold their Governors responsible for their woes

Igbo Amaka, Igbo owns 70% of properties in Lag, we developed Kano, we're the most intelligent we're this we are that, when are you guys going to make your very own region great?

Always crying, that's how they hijacked GEJ government, they destroyed his reputation and still they couldn't point to a single project
migration is never a bad thing. Migration of a particular ethnic group to all parts of the country and the world simply means you are not allowing yourself to be confined. It means you are seeking for better opportunities and want something more from life.
Re: Igbo Presidency Is Simply For Bragging Rights, Nothing Special About It! by Omoodua007: 7:31pm On Nov 11, 2019
Losers already creating excuses for themselves
Re: Igbo Presidency Is Simply For Bragging Rights, Nothing Special About It! by Omoodua007: 7:32pm On Nov 11, 2019
Waterview:

Is there own bureau of statistics that cracks me up
We own 90% of Lagos 95% of abuja and rivers

But anytime statistics come out Igbo Dey carry last
Re: Igbo Presidency Is Simply For Bragging Rights, Nothing Special About It! by Omoodua007: 7:47pm On Nov 11, 2019
FakeManna:
[left][/left]

They are not lieing that’s your mantra

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Protest Should Be Declared By Imo State / Coronavirus: Afenifere Blasts Tinubu Over Failure To Self- Isolate After UK Trip / Zamfara Gold Or Nigerian Gold?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 80
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.