Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,801 members, 7,810,083 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 08:21 PM

Halima, Dangote’s Daughter Takes Charge Of Company’s Commercial Operations - Business (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Halima, Dangote’s Daughter Takes Charge Of Company’s Commercial Operations (42771 Views)

Halima Maude Fernandez Weds Zubair Rudasingwa, Younger Rwandan Lover (Photos) / Dangote's Daughter's Wedding Stopped Headies Awards 2018 / Rolex Wristwatches Given As Souvenirs At Dangote's Daughter, Fatima's Wedding (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Halima, Dangote’s Daughter Takes Charge Of Company’s Commercial Operations by Nobody: 5:33pm On Nov 11, 2019
homosapien:
These are the slay queen i love meet and engage with. Kudos to her
Re: Halima, Dangote’s Daughter Takes Charge Of Company’s Commercial Operations by mastar111: 5:33pm On Nov 11, 2019
Nice one. Family legacy.
Re: Halima, Dangote’s Daughter Takes Charge Of Company’s Commercial Operations by NonFarmPayrol: 5:33pm On Nov 11, 2019
Money good sha
Re: Halima, Dangote’s Daughter Takes Charge Of Company’s Commercial Operations by mitchyy(f): 5:34pm On Nov 11, 2019
ProudBoy:

Even if she is not qualified. It is her father's company and they can do whatever.

It simply means she will most likely handle it well. Nobody is dragging it with them
Re: Halima, Dangote’s Daughter Takes Charge Of Company’s Commercial Operations by franchasng: 5:34pm On Nov 11, 2019
wink
Re: Halima, Dangote’s Daughter Takes Charge Of Company’s Commercial Operations by cenaman(m): 5:35pm On Nov 11, 2019
She looks malnurished, is she older than Dangote?
Re: Halima, Dangote’s Daughter Takes Charge Of Company’s Commercial Operations by primetravel(m): 5:36pm On Nov 11, 2019
CastedAyo:
Halima Aliko Dangote has been appointed as the Group Executive Director, Commercial Operations of Dangote Industries Limited, one of Africa’s largest and most diversified business conglomerates.

According to a release by the company, Halima is returning to the group after serving on secondment in several capacities across two of its business units over the last five years. She is also a trustee of the Aliko Dangote Foundation.

In her most recent role, Halima served as executive director of Dangote Flour Mills. Remarkably, she led the turnaround of the business from loss in turnover to a profitable status; a feat derived from consistent high performance over time.

Previously, she served as executive director of NASCON, a manufacturer of salt, seasonings and related consumer products. She continues to serve as a non-executive director of NASCON.

Halima is the president of the board of The Africa Center in New York, US. She is a board member of Endeavour Nigeria and is also a member of the Women Corporate Directors (WCD).

She has over 12 years of professional experience and has held several executive management roles. In her new role, Halima will be responsible for leading the development and implementation of the Dangote Group’s customer strategy to drive customer growth, improve customer relationship management, enhance customer experience and increase long term customer value, according to the release.

She will also be responsible for the implementation of the group’s shared services strategy with specific oversight for the following functions: commercial, strategic procurement, administration and branding and communications, Igbere TV gathers.

Halima, who has a strong passion for women empowerment, holds a bachelors’ degree in marketing from the American Intercontinental University, London, UK and a master’s degree in business administration from Webster Business School, UK.

She has attended a number of high profile leadership development programmes including: the Programme for Leadership Development (PLD) at Harvard Business School; Executive Development Programme at Kellogg School of Management; Finance and Accounting for Non-Financial Executives at Columbia Business School.

http://igberetvnews.com/1127855/dangotes-daughter-takes-charge-companys-commercial-operations/

OK. Let's build our own empire too. Check my signature
Re: Halima, Dangote’s Daughter Takes Charge Of Company’s Commercial Operations by Nobody: 5:37pm On Nov 11, 2019
homosapien:
Diamond digger, you gotta buy an expensive shovel for that feat

2 Likes

Re: Halima, Dangote’s Daughter Takes Charge Of Company’s Commercial Operations by Myself2(m): 5:40pm On Nov 11, 2019
Nice
Re: Halima, Dangote’s Daughter Takes Charge Of Company’s Commercial Operations by koning: 5:40pm On Nov 11, 2019
Excuse my question, but does Dangote have any son or sons? Not that Halima is not capable. But i rarely hear anything about his male children.
Re: Halima, Dangote’s Daughter Takes Charge Of Company’s Commercial Operations by johnkay1(m): 5:40pm On Nov 11, 2019
Great!
Re: Halima, Dangote’s Daughter Takes Charge Of Company’s Commercial Operations by paix(m): 5:41pm On Nov 11, 2019
homosapien:
You don't like those on BBNaija or those that display their selling points on the internet?
Re: Halima, Dangote’s Daughter Takes Charge Of Company’s Commercial Operations by koning: 5:41pm On Nov 11, 2019
AwkaetitiBabe:
Diamond digger, you gotta buy an expensive shovel for that feat

Platinum sef.... He needs a payloader!!
Re: Halima, Dangote’s Daughter Takes Charge Of Company’s Commercial Operations by paix(m): 5:43pm On Nov 11, 2019
koning:
Excuse my question, but does Dangote have any son or sons? Not that Halima is not capable. But i rarely hear anything about his male children.

Would you like to be his adopted son? With no inheritance OF COURSE!!!
Re: Halima, Dangote’s Daughter Takes Charge Of Company’s Commercial Operations by kirkwood: 5:46pm On Nov 11, 2019
This is what is known in the field of corporate governance as succession planning.

She is being groomed to take over the family 's business someday
Re: Halima, Dangote’s Daughter Takes Charge Of Company’s Commercial Operations by fkj950ax(m): 5:48pm On Nov 11, 2019
okeyumez:
Good.
That she has better academic qualifications does not translate to ability to deliever results.

In her most recent role, Halima served as executive director of Dangote Flour Mills. Remarkably, she led the turnaround of the business from loss in turnover to a profitable status; a feat derived from consistent high performance over time.

Surprised you missed this result she achieved with her qualifications.

Because you can post on NL does not translate to ability to read

11 Likes

Re: Halima, Dangote’s Daughter Takes Charge Of Company’s Commercial Operations by nextstep(m): 5:48pm On Nov 11, 2019
These are the slay queens we should be highlighting... not those broke girls without skills talking about: "for a man to approach me he must have three jeeps, 2 houses, and give me 100k per month for upkeep".

Good to see Dangote is training his children to take over.

1 Like

Re: Halima, Dangote’s Daughter Takes Charge Of Company’s Commercial Operations by nextstep(m): 5:50pm On Nov 11, 2019
I hope she can continue to diversify the business. Imagine if Dangote got into making solar panels? grin
Re: Halima, Dangote’s Daughter Takes Charge Of Company’s Commercial Operations by RexTramadol1: 5:55pm On Nov 11, 2019
HigherEd:
This is how companies die out. When you don't have proper corporate governance and begin to have scenarios where the Company founder is entrenching his children into managerial positions you know you have a problem.

You don't see Steve Jobs, Bill Gates or Warren Buffet breed their children as successors because It usually ends badly.

Lol, not all the time and it depends on what the child's capabilities are

It's not just Dangote, even Mike Adenuga put his daughter in position of power

If they feel their children are best suited for roles , it's because they've done a hard work on such children

Some children will even surpass their parents' achievements the only issue is, technology is making that difficult cos so many other businesses are trying to meet up with current ones' standards

3 Likes

Re: Halima, Dangote’s Daughter Takes Charge Of Company’s Commercial Operations by RTSC: 5:57pm On Nov 11, 2019
I hope you would not be like pascal dozie's son that wrecked diamond bank for nothing.

I am sure he also went to many business schools.

1 Like

Re: Halima, Dangote’s Daughter Takes Charge Of Company’s Commercial Operations by satowind(m): 5:58pm On Nov 11, 2019
halima give me Puna give me Puna.
Re: Halima, Dangote’s Daughter Takes Charge Of Company’s Commercial Operations by RTSC: 5:59pm On Nov 11, 2019
paix:
Would you like to be his adopted son? With no inheritance OF COURSE!!!
Two years alone as dangote's adopted son would have opened enough doors that you won't need an inheritance. cheesy
Re: Halima, Dangote’s Daughter Takes Charge Of Company’s Commercial Operations by sonature1: 6:02pm On Nov 11, 2019
okeyumez:
Good.
That she has better academic qualifications does not translate to ability to deliever results.

Her father will watch her closely.

Besides, she's not the MD....if not, she will just collapse the conglomerate with it-is-my-father-company mentally

1 Like

Re: Halima, Dangote’s Daughter Takes Charge Of Company’s Commercial Operations by paix(m): 6:04pm On Nov 11, 2019
RTSC:

Two years alone as dangote's adopted son would have opened enough doors that you won't need an inheritance. cheesy
I pray you become his adopted son. But please be sincere and honest as you assume this exalted role. Good luck.
Re: Halima, Dangote’s Daughter Takes Charge Of Company’s Commercial Operations by LuverBoi16(m): 6:06pm On Nov 11, 2019
okeyumez:
Good.
What do u mean,she doesnt av the ability to deliver results
Re: Halima, Dangote’s Daughter Takes Charge Of Company’s Commercial Operations by skyfather09(m): 6:09pm On Nov 11, 2019
Worldbest281:
God please pick my call too
your village people dey divert the call
Re: Halima, Dangote’s Daughter Takes Charge Of Company’s Commercial Operations by Marotzke(m): 6:11pm On Nov 11, 2019
tstx:
Is she single +??
married to the Elder Brother of the Governor of Niger State .
Re: Halima, Dangote’s Daughter Takes Charge Of Company’s Commercial Operations by oglalasioux(m): 6:12pm On Nov 11, 2019
HigherEd:
This is how companies die out. When you don't have proper corporate governance and begin to have scenarios where the Company founder is entrenching his children into managerial positions you know you have a problem.

You don't see Steve Jobs, Bill Gates or Warren Buffet breed their children as successors because It usually ends badly.

Diamond bank comes to mind.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Halima, Dangote’s Daughter Takes Charge Of Company’s Commercial Operations by BuhariDcow: 6:12pm On Nov 11, 2019
homosapien:

I guess that makes you a slay slave..
Re: Halima, Dangote’s Daughter Takes Charge Of Company’s Commercial Operations by LyfeJennings(m): 6:13pm On Nov 11, 2019
HigherEd:

SHARRRRRRRRAAAAPP

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Halima, Dangote’s Daughter Takes Charge Of Company’s Commercial Operations by LyfeJennings(m): 6:14pm On Nov 11, 2019
RTSC:
I hope you would not be like pascal dozie's son that wrecked diamond bank for nothing.

I am sure he also went to many business schools.

Uzoma's case is different and everyone knew it. There is almost no one in the banking industry who doesn't know or can't testify to Uzoma's recklessness.

2 Likes

Re: Halima, Dangote’s Daughter Takes Charge Of Company’s Commercial Operations by nokatakata: 6:17pm On Nov 11, 2019
HigherEd:

you would rather he put some phucking indian in the position? That's how ya'll fooli.shly waste money by employing some MFs who don't know jack and pay them exorbitant salaries all in the name of expatriate .

He has chosen his daughter and believes she is qualified. if you don't like it , go set up your own company.

3 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Tony Elumelu At The Great Wall Of China (Photos) / How To Handle Money Transferred To Wrong Account number Case (worth Sharing) / Elizabeth Holmes: Rise And Fall Of The World’s Youngest Female Billionaire

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.