Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,841 members, 7,810,244 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 01:56 AM

How I Got A Content Writing Job With A European Company That Changed My Life - Business (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / How I Got A Content Writing Job With A European Company That Changed My Life (7598 Views)

An Encounter With Dr. Cosmas Maduka That Changed The Life Of CEO Stanel Group / I Just Opened A Business And Got A Salary Work I'm Confused / The Business That Changed My Life!!! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How I Got A Content Writing Job With A European Company That Changed My Life by studentofTruth: 5:04pm On Aug 31, 2020
Congrats Ladywriter. I'm happy for you.

I have a question though:

How do you explain to lazy youths around you that working at home with a laptop is not fraud?
Re: How I Got A Content Writing Job With A European Company That Changed My Life by dgee1(m): 7:01am On Sep 03, 2020
Dear Ma, I've replied your response to my email, please do check. Thank you very much.
ladywriter:

Wow! That's a great dream and you can achieve it. I have a mentoring programme and I have trained a lot of people from Nairaland. Get in touch with me.
Re: How I Got A Content Writing Job With A European Company That Changed My Life by wealthtrak: 1:42am On Feb 26, 2022
ladywriter:
I've always had the dream to work as a remote content writer (not freelance) with a company. I know two top content writers in Nigeria who have achieved this lofty goal. So I kept pushing to get there. Little did I know that I was already on the path that will lead me there. Below was how it happened:

I assume you know me already. I am Ladywriter. I created this thread "https://www.nairaland.com/4479900/how-make-decent-income-writing
", and "https://www.nairaland.com/1833989/how-make-1000-month-writing".

I stopped working on Freelancer.com to start my writing biz few years ago. It was tough, but I kept going. Two years ago, I sourced clients from LinkedIn. I got about 3 clients all from Europe. I worked with these companies for some time. The least period being six months and the longest - for about 2 years. While working with them, I tried as much as possible to satisfy the clients, but one of them was difficult to please. I eventually lost two of the clients. I kept faith with the remaining one. During this period, I brushed up my seo skill, took paid writing courses worth over $300 with Jon Morrow, bought copywriting books, read virtually all of Neil Patel’s content and followed Brian Dean bumper to bumper. I also bought grammar editing tools. I just kept on learning and improving myself.

Within a year, I became a pro at writing excellent business articles that ranked high on search engines. The articles I wrote for the company began to rank high in Google for our targeted keywords and the company sales soar. The company gives incentives from time to time. For example, they give Amazon Gift cards during Christmas.

Not too long ago, the company wanted to expand its staff strength. I got a call from the CEO asking me if I would like to work for the company full time. I was highly elated! I don’t think I need to tell you my answer (lol). Dreams come true after all. My basic salary for a start is four figures in dollars which translates to six figures in naira. I couldn’t believe my eyes. To cap it all, there are many benefits attached to the job. I will have the opportunity to travel annually to participate in the company’s camp meeting. There are other side benefits apart from my salary.

People, it is good to be hardworking. I can’t begin to tell you the number of hours I spend on my laptop daily including weekends or how much I pay for data monthly. It took me about 3-4 years to get to this point with a lot of learning curves. But it eventually paid off. And this is just the beginning for me.

The truth is, there is no shortcut to success online. There is a process to follow to achieve your dreams. There is no height too high to climb if you are ready to pay the price.

I am writing this piece to encourage someone out there on the path to achieving his or her dreams or someone with a similar dream as mine.

If you are a writer and you want to achieve a similar feat, follow the steps below:

1. Learn how to write business articles
2. Learn how to do SEO
3. Learn how to source clients from LinkedIn
4. Take free and paid writing courses
5. Follow the experts

May God reward your efforts!

Blessings!
Re: How I Got A Content Writing Job With A European Company That Changed My Life by tranxo(m): 2:12am On Feb 27, 2022
obamartins:

I haven't told you this, but it was your post in 2016 that made me go into kdp. Today, i am glad i took that bold step. Thank you.
How is your kdp journey going? We wan learn from you oo. Do you mind starting a thread that will guide newbies like us into kdp?
Re: How I Got A Content Writing Job With A European Company That Changed My Life by Spechialone(f): 1:08pm On Apr 04, 2022
ladywriter:
I've always had the dream to work as a remote content writer (not freelance) with a company. I know two top content writers in Nigeria who have achieved this lofty goal. So I kept pushing to get there. Little did I know that I was already on the path that will lead me there. Below was how it happened:

I assume you know me already. I am Ladywriter. I created this thread "https://www.nairaland.com/4479900/how-make-decent-income-writing

I stopped working on Freelancer.com to start my writing biz few years ago. It was tough, but I kept going. Two years ago, I sourced clients from LinkedIn. I got about 3 clients all from Europe. I worked with these companies for some time. The least period being six months and the longest - for about 2 years. While working with them, I tried as much as possible to satisfy the clients, but one of them was difficult to please. I eventually lost two of the clients. I kept faith with the remaining one. During this period, I brushed up my seo skill, took paid writing courses worth over $300 with Jon Morrow, bought copywriting books, read virtually all of Neil Patel’s content and followed Brian Dean bumper to bumper. I also bought grammar editing tools. I just kept on learning and improving myself.

Within a year, I became a pro at writing excellent business articles that ranked high on search engines. The articles I wrote for the company began to rank high in Google for our targeted keywords and the company sales soar. The company gives incentives from time to time. For example, they give Amazon Gift cards during Christmas.

Not too long ago, the company wanted to expand its staff strength. I got a call from the CEO asking me if I would like to work for the company full time. I was highly elated! I don’t think I need to tell you my answer (lol). Dreams come true after all. My basic salary for a start is four figures in dollars which translates to six figures in naira. I couldn’t believe my eyes. To cap it all, there are many benefits attached to the job. I will have the opportunity to travel annually to participate in the company’s camp meeting. There are other side benefits apart from my salary.

People, it is good to be hardworking. I can’t begin to tell you the number of hours I spend on my laptop daily including weekends or how much I pay for data monthly. It took me about 3-4 years to get to this point with a lot of learning curves. But it eventually paid off. And this is just the beginning for me.

The truth is, there is no shortcut to success online. There is a process to follow to achieve your dreams. There is no height too high to climb if you are ready to pay the price.

I am writing this piece to encourage someone out there on the path to achieving his or her dreams or someone with a similar dream as mine.

If you are a writer and you want to achieve a similar feat, follow the steps below:

2. Learn how to do SEO
5. Follow the experts

Blessings!

Thank you for this exposure. God bless you
Re: How I Got A Content Writing Job With A European Company That Changed My Life by peablaze(f): 1:30pm On Aug 21, 2022
Ladywriter, please check your email
I sent you an email please
Re: How I Got A Content Writing Job With A European Company That Changed My Life by Sputnik12345(m): 12:30am On Oct 26, 2022
ladywriter:

2. Learn how to do SEO
5. Follow the experts

Blessings!

I would be glad if you can be my mentor

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Introduce Your Game Center Business In Lagos / What Was Your Worst Experience With Our Nigerian Banks? / I Need A Lawyer To Help Me Sue Tastee Fried Chicken

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.