Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,879 members, 7,817,590 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 03:07 PM

Chika Ofili's Mathematics Test: The Formula Of The 12-Year-Old Nigerian Boy - Education (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Chika Ofili's Mathematics Test: The Formula Of The 12-Year-Old Nigerian Boy (53987 Views)

12-Year-Old Chika Ofili Awarded In UK For His New Discovery In Maths / The Formula For Finding Simple Interest Is Not PRT/100. / Kaduna Teachers’ Competency Test: The Untold Story (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Chika Ofili's Mathematics Test: The Formula Of The 12-Year-Old Nigerian Boy by Awesomefred32(m): 10:52am On Nov 13, 2019
Igbo Amaka.....
Dey won't see this little boy and give him Millions.......
But they will give millions to BBN oloshos

Inside life

2 Likes

Re: Chika Ofili's Mathematics Test: The Formula Of The 12-Year-Old Nigerian Boy by flamingREED(m): 10:53am On Nov 13, 2019
indoorlove:
He tried as a 12 years old boy. However there are many of such things on the internet. Rules of divisibility is the first thing you learn in number theory. I.e divisibility by 2,3.......11

Every average mathematician knows that this boy's achievement is a unique feat.

Now tell me.
What is the divisibility rule for 11?

2 Likes

Re: Chika Ofili's Mathematics Test: The Formula Of The 12-Year-Old Nigerian Boy by lastmessenger: 10:54am On Nov 13, 2019
Just go ahead and study maths already.
Re: Chika Ofili's Mathematics Test: The Formula Of The 12-Year-Old Nigerian Boy by tsinzu: 10:54am On Nov 13, 2019
smart kid
Re: Chika Ofili's Mathematics Test: The Formula Of The 12-Year-Old Nigerian Boy by lookingfly: 10:54am On Nov 13, 2019
Where are those salary collecting professors? cheesy
Re: Chika Ofili's Mathematics Test: The Formula Of The 12-Year-Old Nigerian Boy by Slynation(m): 10:55am On Nov 13, 2019
gulfer:
He tried, I think these numbers were specially selected. Oya, let him divide 123 by 7 na
I think u don't understand this post, instead of u to give honour to those that deserves it, yet in the process of trying to ridicule the post, u ended up disgracing your surname, ask urself, 123 is it divisible by 7??

4 Likes

Re: Chika Ofili's Mathematics Test: The Formula Of The 12-Year-Old Nigerian Boy by tsinzu: 10:55am On Nov 13, 2019
sotall:

My brain crashed severally while trying to read this thing you wrote

And you are a teacher undecided undecided
Lol grin grin grin
Re: Chika Ofili's Mathematics Test: The Formula Of The 12-Year-Old Nigerian Boy by BlackfireX: 10:56am On Nov 13, 2019
Igbo amala..

I heard the igbos are mathematicians from ancient times.

1 Like

Re: Chika Ofili's Mathematics Test: The Formula Of The 12-Year-Old Nigerian Boy by yinkson(m): 10:58am On Nov 13, 2019
Good
Re: Chika Ofili's Mathematics Test: The Formula Of The 12-Year-Old Nigerian Boy by Omoslim26: 10:58am On Nov 13, 2019
the boy try sha
but make we talk truth this boy take style old pass 12
Re: Chika Ofili's Mathematics Test: The Formula Of The 12-Year-Old Nigerian Boy by wisdomchukus199(m): 10:58am On Nov 13, 2019
OmoDavido:

That means you did not understand what his formula is all about. He said the formula is used to know whether a number can be divided by 7.

By applying that same format to your 123.

12 + 3×5 =27

Hence 123 is not a multiple of 7.
Why can't you use your brain and work ���
Re: Chika Ofili's Mathematics Test: The Formula Of The 12-Year-Old Nigerian Boy by sharone21(f): 10:59am On Nov 13, 2019
Proudly D-E-L-T-A-N....Governor Okowa has already sent him congratulatory message.....Bright chap.

2 Likes

Re: Chika Ofili's Mathematics Test: The Formula Of The 12-Year-Old Nigerian Boy by gulfer: 10:59am On Nov 13, 2019
OmoDavido:

That means you did not understand what his formula is all about. He said the formula is used to know whether a number can be divided by 7.

By applying that same format to your 123.

12 + 3×5 =27

Hence 123 is not a multiple of 7.
Exactly, what I tried to say that 123 and other numbers are indivisible by 7.............. and I commended him at the start of my post but some people are always edgy whenever they feel they or theirs coming under an attack.
Re: Chika Ofili's Mathematics Test: The Formula Of The 12-Year-Old Nigerian Boy by idonhammer: 10:59am On Nov 13, 2019
Umu igbo dalu nu oooo

2 Likes

Re: Chika Ofili's Mathematics Test: The Formula Of The 12-Year-Old Nigerian Boy by fatymore(f): 10:59am On Nov 13, 2019
Not a fan of Numbers...
Re: Chika Ofili's Mathematics Test: The Formula Of The 12-Year-Old Nigerian Boy by gulfer: 11:00am On Nov 13, 2019
Slynation:

I think u don't understand this post, instead of u to give honour to those that deserves it, yet in the process of trying to ridicule the post, u ended up disgracing your surname, ask urself, 123 is it divisible by 7??
Wont join issues with you tongue tongue tongue tongue
Re: Chika Ofili's Mathematics Test: The Formula Of The 12-Year-Old Nigerian Boy by pacespot(m): 11:00am On Nov 13, 2019
Great inventions always look simple, kudos to the boy

1 Like

Re: Chika Ofili's Mathematics Test: The Formula Of The 12-Year-Old Nigerian Boy by MoIbrahim: 11:00am On Nov 13, 2019
devlishGINGER:
1+1=2
2+2=4
4+4=8
8+8=16
Excel have solved our problems already.
Nice effort tho Chika
learnt it before I became 10 years old.
What's your point?

Excel and other spreadsheets are based on such little efforts and discoveries.
Re: Chika Ofili's Mathematics Test: The Formula Of The 12-Year-Old Nigerian Boy by gulfer: 11:01am On Nov 13, 2019
Slynation:

Won't join issues with you tongue tongue tongue tongue
Re: Chika Ofili's Mathematics Test: The Formula Of The 12-Year-Old Nigerian Boy by brainhgeek(m): 11:01am On Nov 13, 2019
Dear poster, try to edit your narratives before posting or re-read and click on modify to edit the errors.
Great input however �
Re: Chika Ofili's Mathematics Test: The Formula Of The 12-Year-Old Nigerian Boy by Nobody: 11:02am On Nov 13, 2019
And d boy fit no knw book to shock d world
Re: Chika Ofili's Mathematics Test: The Formula Of The 12-Year-Old Nigerian Boy by realchiommy(f): 11:03am On Nov 13, 2019
nice one chika..
Re: Chika Ofili's Mathematics Test: The Formula Of The 12-Year-Old Nigerian Boy by dipson4u08(m): 11:03am On Nov 13, 2019
BIGPREEQ:
Igbo champ with brains

See as the boy even cute seff

grin grin grin grin OLODO LIKE U DEY FAMZ GENIUS, NO GO DERIVE UR OWN

FORMULAR,

1 Like

Re: Chika Ofili's Mathematics Test: The Formula Of The 12-Year-Old Nigerian Boy by Akalia(m): 11:05am On Nov 13, 2019
No big deal. He only succeeded in manipulating numbers logically in a giving set to ascertain whether the set is divisible by 7 or na.
sad
Needless to say, I am not awed by his discovery .
Re: Chika Ofili's Mathematics Test: The Formula Of The 12-Year-Old Nigerian Boy by REDshouse(m): 11:06am On Nov 13, 2019
YorubaPrince:
Not new... I also discovered a formula at age 7. angry

Anything multiplied by 11.... See below.

Example.... 43*11 = 4[4+3]3 = 473; 24*11 = 2[2+4]4 = 264.

Any question? angry
u weren't the one that discover this I also know about it since I was in primary sch ....
Re: Chika Ofili's Mathematics Test: The Formula Of The 12-Year-Old Nigerian Boy by YorubaPrince: 11:08am On Nov 13, 2019
REDshouse:
u weren't the one that discover this I also know about it since I was in primary sch ....

You know it doesn't mean we're of the same generation. Someone came up with it. I did, bro. cool

I also have another strategy for 12 multiplication.

It isn't classified as a discovery, it's more of a strategy which most Mathematicians seem to employ.
Re: Chika Ofili's Mathematics Test: The Formula Of The 12-Year-Old Nigerian Boy by JayPeeOham: 11:09am On Nov 13, 2019
odigbosky:
All I can is

Igbo Amaka

Hustle o make ur pikin no come Nairaland come dey shout Igbo Amaka for another person Pikin Success!! tongue
Re: Chika Ofili's Mathematics Test: The Formula Of The 12-Year-Old Nigerian Boy by RICHOLAC(m): 11:10am On Nov 13, 2019
starbuck:
Op, we never understood the formulas itself and instead of breaking it down for us, you are compounding it for us with your English undecided undecided
You see why i said you will live long.

1 Like

Re: Chika Ofili's Mathematics Test: The Formula Of The 12-Year-Old Nigerian Boy by sawdi: 11:17am On Nov 13, 2019
Mrshape:
A lot of us have been requesting for the formula of chika
Even someone said want does a Small boy of 12years know to discover something I. Maths.

Someone just sent me a copy here on Niaraland.
I found out that is more than a formula. It is a test and a pattern.

As a matter of fact, I have just learnt it and a lot of my students too, have started using it.

Yes he solved a problem.

Numbers that 2,3,5,10, can divide can be easily identified.
But number that 7 and 11 can divide other their are other ways to identify it
But it hardly stick.

But this chika's test I just so easy in that if reduce the large number to smaller easy to comprehend numbers of which a decision can be easily made, here is the formula if you have any step u don't understand I will be glad to explain what master chika's test for u.

The English that you typed it harder than the maths.
Re: Chika Ofili's Mathematics Test: The Formula Of The 12-Year-Old Nigerian Boy by kay29000(m): 11:17am On Nov 13, 2019
sharone21:
Proudly D-E-L-T-A-N....Governor Okowa has already sent him congratulatory message.....Bright chap.

Nice. Delta Amaka smiley

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

WAEC Results 2012/2013 Is Out, 80% Failed English And Maths / Laptop Fee In UNN Causes Hardship Among Students (photos) / Nigerian Law School Prospective 2015/2016 Set...

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.