Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,756 members, 7,824,168 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 02:11 AM

Hate Speech Offenders To ‘Die By Hanging’ Bill By Aliyu Sabi Abdullahi - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Hate Speech Offenders To ‘Die By Hanging’ Bill By Aliyu Sabi Abdullahi (28038 Views)

Senator Sabi Abdullahi Of Niger State Defects From APC To PDP. / Sani Musa & Sabi Abdullahi: ‘Niger State Overtaken By Bandits’ / Hate Speech Bill: Sabi Abdullahi Says Dangers Loom Without Legislation (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Hate Speech Offenders To ‘Die By Hanging’ Bill By Aliyu Sabi Abdullahi by Subduer: 1:01am On Nov 13, 2019
cococandy:
What’s their definition of hate speech?

Describing killer herdsmen by their tribe and ethnicity is hate speech. You no de hear engrish? Kai.
Re: Hate Speech Offenders To ‘Die By Hanging’ Bill By Aliyu Sabi Abdullahi by preselect(m): 1:44am On Nov 13, 2019
Buhari is showing his true colors.
I warned about this in 2015. . . blood thirsty, illiterate, bigoted, evil minded and horrifying General Terrorhammadu Bokoharie with islamic fascist ideologies. . .

he is about to embark of a killing spree enshrined in the law and paid for by the tax-payers, just like NAZI germany.

#StopBuhariNow
#SayNoToDictatorship
#EvilHasBaredHisTeeth

3 Likes

Re: Hate Speech Offenders To ‘Die By Hanging’ Bill By Aliyu Sabi Abdullahi by Nobody: 1:58am On Nov 13, 2019
Fools!!!Let them do corrupt government officials to die by hanging for fraud, money laundering and misappropriation of fund let us see

2 Likes

Re: Hate Speech Offenders To ‘Die By Hanging’ Bill By Aliyu Sabi Abdullahi by Emceesaka: 2:11am On Nov 13, 2019
biafranbaby:
So these people want to force me to love afonjas.
Never!
I'll rather hang.

Mr Man, this is hate speech
Re: Hate Speech Offenders To ‘Die By Hanging’ Bill By Aliyu Sabi Abdullahi by Nature8(m): 2:49am On Nov 13, 2019
ZombieTERROR:

Rubbish talk bro

We want death sentence for looters in public office .....

Once a competent court finds one guilty of misappropriation of funds... Life ban from politics and possible death sentence..

That's only when Nigeria becomes interesting
Re: Hate Speech Offenders To ‘Die By Hanging’ Bill By Aliyu Sabi Abdullahi by MetaPhysical: 2:51am On Nov 13, 2019
Ibos in Nairaland take note! This bill will pass soon. Stop hating! grin
Re: Hate Speech Offenders To ‘Die By Hanging’ Bill By Aliyu Sabi Abdullahi by AgentNairaland(f): 3:01am On Nov 13, 2019
kelvd4real:

A good leader should tolerate criticism (Not expect hate speech). These are 2 different things.
I don't support this bill because it is not well defined hence can be misused. However, I agree that hate speech needs to be checked. The role hate speech played leading to Rwanda Civil war is still fresh in our memories. Also hate speech and fake news helped to fuel the Nigerian civil war and many other crimes against humanity.

See some documented cases and know that it is a very dangerous thing if not checked.

https://www.theatlantic.com/ideas/archive/2019/04/rwanda-shows-how-hateful-speech-leads-violence/587041/

https://heinonline.org/HOL/LandingPage?handle=hein.journals/mcgil46&div=20&id=&page=

http://www.genocidewatch.org/images/OutsideResearch_Hate_Speech_and_Group-Targeted_Violence.pdf

https://www.concordia.ca/research/migs/resources/rwanda-radio-transcripts.html

That's the way I see it.. If that's ur own case I don't care
Re: Hate Speech Offenders To ‘Die By Hanging’ Bill By Aliyu Sabi Abdullahi by AgentNairaland(f): 3:02am On Nov 13, 2019
ForkDragnet:
a good leader should expect criticism not hate speech

Tell Bubu to take note of it biko
Re: Hate Speech Offenders To ‘Die By Hanging’ Bill By Aliyu Sabi Abdullahi by Enculer2: 3:06am On Nov 13, 2019
Such an evil.bill will be passed by Muslims
Re: Hate Speech Offenders To ‘Die By Hanging’ Bill By Aliyu Sabi Abdullahi by naijaking1: 3:07am On Nov 13, 2019
Any speech could be hate speech, depending on the interpreter.
These people should read history books.
From Roman and Greek blasphemy laws to Massachusetts burning of perceived witches spewing hate in the 1600s, now all of a sudden some Nigerians have actually come up with the same historical stupidity?

2 Likes

Re: Hate Speech Offenders To ‘Die By Hanging’ Bill By Aliyu Sabi Abdullahi by juman(m): 3:47am On Nov 13, 2019
Those senators are insane.
Totally insane.
Many of those senators are former state governors that ruined their states o.

The senate is assembly of insane people.

3 Likes

Re: Hate Speech Offenders To ‘Die By Hanging’ Bill By Aliyu Sabi Abdullahi by juman(m): 3:49am On Nov 13, 2019
Let those good for nothing senators make a bill of death sentence on corruption.

2 Likes

Re: Hate Speech Offenders To ‘Die By Hanging’ Bill By Aliyu Sabi Abdullahi by airbrush: 4:04am On Nov 13, 2019
FrLukas:
Lol. I pray they pass this bill into law.

Nigeria is about to become interesting.

oooo yes next level things coming on board my people

welldone baba

next level

1 Like

Re: Hate Speech Offenders To ‘Die By Hanging’ Bill By Aliyu Sabi Abdullahi by EnaibeSam: 5:14am On Nov 13, 2019
That bill need to be for the looters.
Re: Hate Speech Offenders To ‘Die By Hanging’ Bill By Aliyu Sabi Abdullahi by wapana(m): 5:21am On Nov 13, 2019
Let the looters be involved also.
Re: Hate Speech Offenders To ‘Die By Hanging’ Bill By Aliyu Sabi Abdullahi by Powersurge: 5:36am On Nov 13, 2019
madmohamed:
they will die in Nigeria not in Biafra mad people

Dummy Nigerians wouldn't seize to amaze me. The mofo that is sponsoring the bill if searchlight is shown on him, you will be shocked the billions he has looted. Who supposed to get hanged by the neck if not corrupt politicians? What could have incitted more carnage than Buhari's barboon speech? Let's use our brain this country oo.

I am not from East but people have right to decide who and how they want to be governed. What is north bring to the table of the Commonwealth of Nigeria. How much does north generate for Nigeria? About 70% of all the VATs is from Lagos. Oil is from SS. Tourism is from the West. Business is from SE. Apart from the Christian NC that coming up gradually, what is north bring to the table? I will tell you. Religious bigotry, mass illiteracy, terrorism, kidnapping, procreation the list is almost endless.

Nigerians have the right to ask for how they want to be lead. About 12 states in north jumped at Sharia law. VATs from "alcoholic" south are used to fund the north. How else will you define hypocrisy?

2 Likes

Re: Hate Speech Offenders To ‘Die By Hanging’ Bill By Aliyu Sabi Abdullahi by ZooOga: 5:36am On Nov 13, 2019
They can't pass that law and get it signed fast enough with all the loose and reckless mouths running around the country.
Re: Hate Speech Offenders To ‘Die By Hanging’ Bill By Aliyu Sabi Abdullahi by Nobody: 5:40am On Nov 13, 2019
ArmaniUhuru:
Congratulations Nigerians, you did well in the last election. You guys said that you didn't want the Senate led by Saraki because he refused to banter with Buhari's cabal, he stood resolute for the best interest of Nigeria. Today you have elected a Senate that does exactly what you voted for. Congratulations again
best senator

2 Likes

Re: Hate Speech Offenders To ‘Die By Hanging’ Bill By Aliyu Sabi Abdullahi by Powersurge: 5:44am On Nov 13, 2019
ZooOga:
They can't pass that law and get it signed fast enough with all the loose and reckless mouths running around the country.

People don't just think before they talk. Politicians are there, death sentence is not passed on them. What is hate speech? Why is that it's now that we talking about HS? Why did Freedom of information signed during GEJ time instead of "hate speech prohibition"? Do you know the menace Lai Mohammed and co caused with words ? Why was Buhari not arrested for for publicly inciting carnage after he lost election in 2011?

1 Like

Re: Hate Speech Offenders To ‘Die By Hanging’ Bill By Aliyu Sabi Abdullahi by Duggedised12(f): 5:47am On Nov 13, 2019
At this point i have to call out modath and omenka ,are you people asleep?why have you people suddenly gone numb ,especially modath, you used to be vocal ,this is not the time to sleep,there is fire on the mountain o.

2 Likes

Re: Hate Speech Offenders To ‘Die By Hanging’ Bill By Aliyu Sabi Abdullahi by Nobody: 5:52am On Nov 13, 2019
NoSidonLook:
The Banana Republic

What happens to corrupt polithiefians and treasury looters

We all know that this bill is designed to silence any one that dares speak against this evil government

Animal Farm by George Orwell comes to mind

Indeed just as the Bible says, "when the wicked rules, the people mourn"

But wasn't the so-called wicked elected by people
Was it stones that voted for the wicked

Zombies see wetin una mumu don cause

the mourning hasn't even started yet. Wait till next year when they begin to unveil their more evil anti-people policies

angry

I agree with you. All these evil politicians have some wicked agenda they want to churn out In the coming years and they know that if this draconic Act is not put in place , their wicked agenda might be defeated.

My broda, let's pray for this country.

1 Like

Re: Hate Speech Offenders To ‘Die By Hanging’ Bill By Aliyu Sabi Abdullahi by Nobody: 6:03am On Nov 13, 2019
HATE ACTION, People will just quote a verrrry loooong post just to make a 2 o3 words comment. I HATE them. Oya come and charge me
Re: Hate Speech Offenders To ‘Die By Hanging’ Bill By Aliyu Sabi Abdullahi by ItsMeAboki(m): 6:28am On Nov 13, 2019
Good development - Shildren of hate over to you.
Re: Hate Speech Offenders To ‘Die By Hanging’ Bill By Aliyu Sabi Abdullahi by mobi99(m): 6:28am On Nov 13, 2019
my fellow Nigerians we ought to be wise , this administration is trying to deprive us all one of our fundamental human right and power of democracy bestowed on us

1 Like

Re: Hate Speech Offenders To ‘Die By Hanging’ Bill By Aliyu Sabi Abdullahi by FakeManna: 6:33am On Nov 13, 2019
[s]
ItsMeAboki:
Good development - Shildren of hate over to you.
[/s]
shatap
Buhari is a criminal

1 Like

Re: Hate Speech Offenders To ‘Die By Hanging’ Bill By Aliyu Sabi Abdullahi by Niaja4real(m): 6:36am On Nov 13, 2019
Giftedprof:

Source:
https:// www.vanguardngr.com/2019/11/hate-speech-offenders-to-die-by-hanging-bill-resurfaces-in-senate/
Las las, time to hang Liar Muhammad, Junaid Muhammad, Mr.Ango Abdullahi & Oshomhole, don set.

1 Like

Re: Hate Speech Offenders To ‘Die By Hanging’ Bill By Aliyu Sabi Abdullahi by Horlufemi(m): 6:43am On Nov 13, 2019
AgentNairaland:
A Good Leader Should Expect Hate Speech..

Indeed Zoogeria Is Etoile Du Sahel Which Means ......

You uneducated swine.

Hate speech is not Crictism.

Hate speech is a statement intended to demean and brutalize another, or the use of cruel and derogatory language on the basis of real or alleged membership in a social group. Hate speech is speech that attacks a person or a group on the basis of protected attributes such as race, religion, ethnic origin, national origin, sex, disability, sexual orientation, or gender identity.

Example of hate speech: Yoruba is the problem of this country and they should be wiped off the face of the Earth

The bill: if a person dies as a result of your hate speech you die by hanging.
Re: Hate Speech Offenders To ‘Die By Hanging’ Bill By Aliyu Sabi Abdullahi by awoo47: 6:44am On Nov 13, 2019
FrLukas:
Lol. I pray they pass this bill into law.

Nigeria is about to become interesting.
what is hate speech?
Re: Hate Speech Offenders To ‘Die By Hanging’ Bill By Aliyu Sabi Abdullahi by Horlufemi(m): 6:45am On Nov 13, 2019
Powersurge:

Dummy Nigerians wouldn't seize to amaze me. The mofo that is sponsoring the bill if searchlight is shown on him, you will be shocked the billions he has looted. Who supposed to get hanged by the neck if not corrupt politicians? What could have incitted more carnage than Buhari's barboon speech? Let's use our brain this country oo.

I am not from East but people have right to decide who and how they want to be governed. What is north bring to the table of the Commonwealth of Nigeria. How much does north generate for Nigeria? About 70% of all the VATs is from Lagos. Oil is from SS. Tourism is from the West. Business is from SE. Apart from the Christian NC that coming up gradually, what is north bring to the table? I will tell you. Religious bigotry, mass illiteracy, terrorism, kidnapping, procreation the list is almost endless.

Nigerians have the right to ask for how they want to be lead. About 12 states in north jumped at Sharia law. VATs from "alcoholic" south are used to fund the north. How else will you define hypocrisy?

Agriculture, cheap labor etc
Re: Hate Speech Offenders To ‘Die By Hanging’ Bill By Aliyu Sabi Abdullahi by chisky02: 6:45am On Nov 13, 2019
IdisuleOurOwn:
Ango Abdullahi, Junaid Muhammad and all those Northerners should take note.
Even oba of Lagos, the lagoon man please take note

2 Likes

Re: Hate Speech Offenders To ‘Die By Hanging’ Bill By Aliyu Sabi Abdullahi by awoo47: 6:46am On Nov 13, 2019
Horlufemi:

You uneducated swine.

Hate speech is not Crictism.

Hate speech is a statement intended to demean and brutalize another, or the use of cruel and derogatory language on the basis of real or alleged membership in a social group. Hate speech is speech that attacks a person or a group on the basis of protected attributes such as race, religion, ethnic origin, national origin, sex, disability, sexual orientation, or gender identity.

Example of hate speech: Yoruba is the problem of this country and they should be wiped off the face of the Earth

The bill: if a person dies as a result of your hate speech you die by hanging.

educate yourself bro
hate speech is simply anything that encourages violence. Anything that doesn't cause violence isn't hate speech

i can say i hate hausa or any other tribe. it isn't hate speech,
but calling for killing of fulani herdsmen is hate speech

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

US Capitol Riot: Place Trump On Travel Ban, MURIC Tells Buhari / 2023: Pay Attention To Your Health, Kwankwaso Tells Tinubu / IBB, Shehu Yar’adua & Nyako In Makkah For Hajj, 1989

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.