Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,063 members, 7,810,962 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 07:35 PM

Is Missing The Opposite Sex Sinful/lustful? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Is Missing The Opposite Sex Sinful/lustful? (502 Views)

A Spiritual Weapon That Can Help Overcome Masturbation (lustful Craving) / Nigerian Man Says IVF Is Sinful / Klintoncod, Maraji, Ebabykobby, Josh2funny Comedians Dress Like The Opposite Sex (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is Missing The Opposite Sex Sinful/lustful? by Preciousgirl(f): 6:53pm On Nov 12, 2019
Have I sinned by missing a male friend?

I am a married woman.

What should I do?
Re: Is Missing The Opposite Sex Sinful/lustful? by yinkajewole: 7:55pm On Nov 12, 2019
were you in a deep relationship with him before you married?
Re: Is Missing The Opposite Sex Sinful/lustful? by Preciousgirl(f): 7:57pm On Nov 12, 2019
yinkajewole:
were you in a deep relationship with him before you married?

No, became friends with him online after marriage

Never had sex with him
Re: Is Missing The Opposite Sex Sinful/lustful? by Nobody: 8:40pm On Nov 12, 2019
Preciousgirl:
I am a married woman.
What should I do?
If you WANT answers that's based on scriptural principles, visit JW.org

Many people call us cults as we submit ourselves to Bible standards, and majority hate us as we always view matters from God's standpoint.

That's why we do pick life partners ONLY within our group {1Corinthians 7:39, 2Corinthians 6:14} because all of us were taught by the same shepherds (GB) {Ephesians 4:11} so we all have the same line of thought! Ephesians 4:3

God bless you! smiley
Re: Is Missing The Opposite Sex Sinful/lustful? by Preciousgirl(f): 9:26pm On Nov 12, 2019
Maximus69:

If you WANT answers that's based on scriptural principles, visit JW.org

Many people call us cults as we submit ourselves to Bible standards, and majority hate us as we always view matters from God's standpoint.

That's why we do pick life partners ONLY within our group {1Corinthians 7:39, 2Corinthians 6:14} because all of us were taught by the same shepherds (GB) {Ephesians 4:11} so we all have the same line of thought! Ephesians 4:3

God bless you! smiley

God forbid

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is Missing The Opposite Sex Sinful/lustful? by MuttleyLaff: 9:37pm On Nov 12, 2019
Preciousgirl:
Is Missing The Opposite Sex Sinful/lustful?
If in regards to sexual passion or the likes and if outside the sanctity of marriage it could and would be sinful. It becomes lustful when the sexual passion is not put under control.

Preciousgirl:
It depends on what you're missing the male friend for or over

Preciousgirl:
I am a married woman.
Thanks for the info. Just curious, would you be OK and comfortable with it, if hubby lets on, he misses a female friend of his?

Preciousgirl:
What should I do?
If in all this, you are standing right with God, if you're in right standing with God, if you're still on God's right hand side, then there is nothing required that you should do
Re: Is Missing The Opposite Sex Sinful/lustful? by Nobody: 9:45pm On Nov 12, 2019
Preciousgirl:

God forbid

You're blessed Ma! smiley

1 Like

Re: Is Missing The Opposite Sex Sinful/lustful? by Eviana(f): 11:23pm On Nov 12, 2019
Preciousgirl:

I am a married woman.

What should I do?

I think the fact that you have doubts about it, should suggest that there is a problem.
You haven't committed adultery (which is sin) just yet, but it looks like you might be on the track towards it.

Respect should be given to your spouse first and foremost.
You made a vow to be faithful to him.
Your emotions shouldn't be so entrenched in someone who is not your husband.
You know where it's gonna go if you don't end your ties to the person.
Sometimes, the only way is to "cut-off" temptation..because truth be told: humans aren't always as strong as they think.

It's challenging to be involved in a platonic friendship with the opposite sex without someone developing feelings..which the majority of the time happens.
I would've suggested you and your husband being joint friends (if possible) with your male friend supposing he has a significant other or spouse, but that may still be a temptation for you.
You may need to explore why you get such emotional fulfillment with the "friend" (if that is the case) rather than your husband, who should be your best friend. IF there is a problem, perhaps you two could seek pastoral and/or Christian-led professional help.

You are married, so you have an obligation to your husband only.
You need to guard the circle of your marriage, by placing boundaries that you, yourself, won't cross no matter how tempted.
Re: Is Missing The Opposite Sex Sinful/lustful? by Nobody: 11:49pm On Nov 12, 2019
Preciousgirl:

I am a married woman.

What should I do?
It all depends on the intentions of your heart, for remember sin now starts counting from the thoughts of your heart.

So if it's lustfully, ask God to help you overcome the sinful desire. And if need be, observe fast on the issue.

I believe with time, if you're determined, those sinful thoughts would gradually leave.

And be careful how you relate with guys online, so as to avoid unwarranted emotional attachments as this one which would complicates matters for you.

By the way, I really appreciate God for what he has done in your life, for I have followed you for sometime now, and have been able to see how far you've come from where you once were. I know that He that began this good work in you is more than able to complete it in you.

God bless.

1 Like

Re: Is Missing The Opposite Sex Sinful/lustful? by yinkajewole: 6:39am On Nov 13, 2019
Preciousgirl:

No, became friends with him online after marriage

Never had sex with him
In that case, I'll advise you pray against the power of soul-tie trying to connect you to him. Because if you do not do anything about this, lust is already setting in and the final end is sin. Also, you can inform ur spouse if u know he can help you handle the situation.
Re: Is Missing The Opposite Sex Sinful/lustful? by LordReed(m): 9:57am On Nov 13, 2019
Preciousgirl:

I am a married woman.

What should I do?

Missing people is a human thing, normal and natural, your marital status will not prevent these types of feeling.

However because you are married and expected to keep reasonable exclusivity with your husband, you need to evaluate why you are missing this person. If you are beginning to develop romantic feelings for them, then you should put the brakes on and change your relationship dynamic with them.

You should also evaluate if your association with this person is something your husband will not frown at because you do not want there to be a misunderstanding over something you think is innocuous.

(1) (Reply)

Does Thunderbolt (magun) Really Exist / � The Four Powerful Pros And Cons Of Feelings� / THE LATEST BIBLE-BASED THEOLOGICAL SEMINARY IN NIGERIA

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.