Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,848 members, 7,810,270 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 04:06 AM

Sigh! - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Sigh! (3772 Views)

Sigh / Sigh (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Sigh! by Olorunnim: 12:57pm On Nov 13, 2019
GreatResearcher:
the agreement was reviewed and amendment done.. and according to the new argreement, i am not to tell anyone what is happening in my marriage. finally, her relatives and my relatives are not aware that it's a contract marriage. only my close pals know. and according to my wife, if i play by her rules, then on our first wedding aniversary she will change her name to my name. she is still been addressed as Miss .. but by next year she will be known as Mrs ... this new agreement says that she should reside in. yes a correct lawyer came and we did the correct thing. the agreement now has T&C.

For sanity's sake can you hear yourself right now? if you play by her rules jeez mehn you're a gonner this is beyond redemption Next year before she's addressed as Mrs!!! you're a lost cause no offence.

3 Likes

Re: Sigh! by midnighter(f): 1:11pm On Nov 13, 2019
Olorunnim:
For sanity's sake can you hear yourself right now? if you play by her rules jeez mehn you're a gonner this is beyond redemption Next year before she's addressed as Mrs!!! you're a lost cause no offence.

I am not a religious bigot but in this case its a shame that he is an atheist because the guy really needs a good pastor to reason something with him. Jeez!

At least what is the atheist equivalent of a pastor? He really needs it!
Re: Sigh! by Olorunnim: 1:12pm On Nov 13, 2019
midnighter:

I am not a religious bigot but in this case its a shame that he is an atheist because the guy really needs a good pastor to reason something with him. Jeez!

We have non this guy is a gonner for real I pity him.

1 Like

Re: Sigh! by GreatResearcher: 4:34pm On Nov 13, 2019
Thanks man
Olorunnim:
Re: Sigh! by GreatResearcher: 4:36pm On Nov 13, 2019
Atheist equal of a pastor is logic
midnighter:

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Sigh! by Lonelypacifist6: 4:53pm On Nov 13, 2019
Why do i feel this is about to be the biggest scam on Nairaland? Open a long term savings account and brace for impact.

5 Likes

Re: Sigh! by Nobody: 5:38pm On Nov 13, 2019

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Sigh! by midnighter(f): 6:01pm On Nov 13, 2019
Breaststroke:
, as a believer the reference to a pastor in your post rankles. A pastor is not more knowledgeable, wiser or better than the rest of us believers, because he holds a title and pastors a church. At the end of the day, we are all children of God, led by His spirit on the inside of us, empowered by that same Spirit to make godly choices without the need to involve a pastor in every darn thing.

Some pastors will tell you to pray for a debt cancellation, whereas God's word/spirit says a righteous man pays his debts. Whose report is superior and whose report makes more sense?

Babe you didn't get me. Can't you see this guy is nuts? Nuts!!

He's quoting me talking about logic when every single step he has taken has been totally outside the realms of human reason. His parents don't even know about any of this, his friends can't tell him anything, his lawyer is totally inadequate, people on here have been warning him since the beginning of the year and still he has the guts to sign another inviable contract.

This is not about a pastor necessarily being smarter or more holy in his decisions but about spiritual or social intervention by a person who is trained to handle conflict and who is used to taking authority in a situation by thrashing out issues and preventing disasters.

Not that an ordinary person cannot do that but that is part of a pastors work. A counsellor can do that too but the spiritual side can't be underestimated because something in this guy has seriously derailed somewhere

2 Likes

Re: Sigh! by Lonelypacifist6: 6:41pm On Nov 13, 2019
Breaststroke:

I like that last phrase brace for impact, it made me smile.

I have a feeling we haven't seen the last of OP yet. Chances are, he will return with a new moniker to create new threads about this marriage which will begin with "A friend of mine is having issues in his marriage....." Shame go catch am, to talk say na im own story im dey narrate so.

It's either that or one of his friend's who is privy to this contract will create a thread on his behalf, sooner or later. I wager it will be sooner rather than later.

@ OP, there should be a term/clause in that contract which says in the event that wifey is unable to conceive and birth a child within 2 or 3 years, the contract becomes null and void, and she will be mandated to return part or all of the valuable things you've given her. The only thing I could see in your revised contract (as you wrote) was a lot of manipulation grin

@ Midnighter, as a believer the reference to a pastor in your post rankles. A pastor is not more knowledgeable, wiser or better than the rest of us believers, because he holds a title and pastors a church. At the end of the day, we are all God's children, led by His spirit on the inside of us, empowered by that same Spirit to make godly choices without the need to involve a pastor in every darn thing.

Some pastors will tell you to pray for a debt cancellation, whereas God's word/spirit says a righteous man pays his debts. Whose report is superior and whose report makes more sense? My point is simple - prioritize the God in you plus the truth you know (via the Bible) over and above every pastor.
Seriously ma'am even love marriages fail or there's one trying to exploit the other, but the fellow just handed his property to a total stranger.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Sigh! by Nobody: 7:05pm On Nov 13, 2019

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Sigh! by midnighter(f): 8:05pm On Nov 13, 2019
Breaststroke:

Lol, no he's not nuts. Naive about the real world but not nuts. I kinda like how he's been open about his own affairs.

I know he's an atheist and I respect that we are different in that way.

My response on the pastor issue had more to do with us believers (you and I) than it did with OP.

Well, let's agree to disagree because I think he crossed the line from naivety into something indescribable a long time ago. I can't call him stupid so I have to say he's maybe just not okay somehow

Yes he has been open about the situation because he was using this place as a means to an end but he hasn't been open to taking our advice, has he?

Yeah he's an atheist and that's why I asked him to consult whatever the atheist corollary to a pastor is since he can't listen to anybody here. Somebody who has the ability to get inside his bones and let him see the truth
Re: Sigh! by Nobody: 9:28pm On Nov 13, 2019
Re: Sigh! by liberalchick(f): 9:33pm On Nov 13, 2019
Breaststroke:

@ OP, there should be a term/clause in that contract which says in the event that wifey is unable to conceive and birth a child within 2 or 3 years, the contract becomes null and void, and she will be mandated to return part or all of the valuable things you've given her. The only thing I could see in your revised contract (as you wrote) was a lot of manipulation;

This is illegal. Imagine if there is a provision that Nigerian husbands can compel their infertile wives to return money/assets used in a marriage? Once they got married, the laws in the matrimony act supersedes any contract. The judge will only use pre/post nuptial agreements to decide division/ownership of properties, alimony etc not to compel a spouse to return what was used/spent/consumed in a marriage.

Either the OP is a troll or he was duped by a ‘lawyer’ the kind of contract he seeks is not legally binding. If his story is true, playing nice is his best option. Play nice, let the marriage run it’s course, hold on to his remaining assets and seek a divorce later or if he can wangle a post-nup to protect his remaining assets ( that’s the only thing he can do) but pre/post nuptial agreements in Nigeria are influential not binding, meaning it’s at the discretion of the judge.

9 Likes

Re: Sigh! by GreatResearcher: 10:02pm On Nov 13, 2019
a mod should delete this thread thank you...

we are ok.. everything is fine...

dont push me pals
Re: Sigh! by GreatResearcher: 10:08pm On Nov 13, 2019
Re: Sigh! by midnighter(f): 10:21pm On Nov 13, 2019
Breaststroke:

The thing about advice is that people don't have to take it and usually it is advice givers like us that get worked up, about the fact someone is not taking our advice. The truth is they are not obligated to take it or follow it.

But being open to taking advice isn't the same as taking advice. Not that he has to take it but he totally isn't listening, you can see that from his answers

He's free not to listen to us and then we're free to think that he is wrong for not listening to us, right?

1 Like

Re: Sigh! by ahnie: 11:54pm On Nov 13, 2019
GreatResearcher:
a mod should delete this thread thank you...

we are ok.. everything is fine...

dont push me pals
You ve been pussyfied!

2 Likes

Re: Sigh! by Teegelop(f): 1:24am On Nov 14, 2019
I hope this OP account haven't been hacked by the so called wife?

1 Like

Re: Sigh! by GreatResearcher: 5:30am On Nov 14, 2019
Nah!
Teegelop:
I hope this OP account haven't been hacked by the so called wife?
Re: Sigh! by GreatResearcher: 5:38am On Nov 14, 2019
No dear!
ahnie:

You ve been pussyfied!
Re: Sigh! by SensualMan1(m): 5:52pm On Nov 19, 2019
Oga... Shall we continue here?

We love u so much, NL community loves u GreatResearcher.

Cc: UyaiIncomparabl, GreatResearcher, Tabithababy

1 Like

Re: Sigh! by GreatResearcher: 5:56pm On Nov 19, 2019
Lalasticlala pls delete all my thread and ban tabithababy an sensual. These two nairalanders are scammers
SensualMan1:
Oga... Shall we continue here?

Cc: UyaiIncomparabl, GreatResearcher, Tabithababy
Re: Sigh! by SensualMan1(m): 5:57pm On Nov 19, 2019
GreatResearcher:
Lalasticlala pls delete all my thread and ban tabithababy an sensual. These two nairalanders are scammers
Ohoo!

Re: Sigh! by Lonelypacifist6: 6:04pm On Nov 19, 2019
All the threads are being deleted, that girl is definitely in bed with a mod, like literally.

5 Likes

Re: Sigh! by YorubaPrince: 7:50pm On Nov 19, 2019
GreatResearcher:

Re: Sigh! by cococandy(f): 2:52am On Nov 20, 2019
grin grin grin
GreatResearcher:
this is probably my last thread on my marriage. today i signed an oath never to bring my marrriage to the public especially NL. i actually opened this threa to thank peple like Ishilove for their advice so far. All I can say that I dont regret marrying my wife. she is a good woman, a business mogul, a foresight lady. she leads, i follow. Thank u all.

using this oppotunity to encourage young guys who are ready for marriage to go and marry. nothing to fear. thank u all.
Re: Sigh! by cococandy(f): 2:53am On Nov 20, 2019
Acidosis:

The power of s e x grin grin
my ribs grin

3 Likes

Re: Sigh! by cococandy(f): 2:55am On Nov 20, 2019
: grin

All I can do is laugh
midnighter:

And you even signed another oath again...

Is this guy for real Please I am begging you, can you get a proper lawyer and stop signing what nobody can understand?!

You keep signing and signing, what exactly did the woman sign? What of her parents and elders, cant they sign something for once And dont tell us that you signed it without witnesses, again!

Please you have to understand how contracts work. What is the meaning of the word "public"? It can mean so many things. What happens if you violate the contract. What if that girl is finishing you and you dont talk because you dont want to break your so-called "oath"?

What is the meaning of "bring [your] marriage"? What if you come here and make a harmless statement and she uses it against you?

As in whats really this mans problem How can such a person exist in this world? Marrying to get inheritance and signing away the same inheritance to strangers. Cant you use part of that so-called inheritance to get yourself a legal team?

If everybody married like youre doing do you think any of us would exist right now??
Re: Sigh! by prettyangel10(f): 8:18am On Nov 20, 2019
GreatResearcher:

I sent you an email, or please can I have any of your siblings contact please?
Re: Sigh! by midnighter(f): 8:47am On Nov 20, 2019
cococandy:
: grin

All I can do is laugh

I just dont understand. I seriously hope the whole thing is a joke and hes just trolling
Re: Sigh! by generationz(f): 12:04pm On Nov 22, 2019
midnighter:

And you even signed another oath again...

Is this guy for real Please I am begging you, can you get a proper lawyer and stop signing what nobody can understand?!

You keep signing and signing, what exactly did the woman sign? What of her parents and elders, cant they sign something for once And dont tell us that you signed it without witnesses, again!

Please you have to understand how contracts work. What is the meaning of the word "public"? It can mean so many things. What happens if you violate the contract. What if that girl is finishing you and you dont talk because you dont want to break your so-called "oath"?

What is the meaning of "bring [your] marriage"? What if you come here and make a harmless statement and she uses it against you?

As in whats really this mans problem How can such a person exist in this world? Marrying to get inheritance and signing away the same inheritance to strangers. Cant you use part of that so-called inheritance to get yourself a legal team?

If everybody married like youre doing do you think any of us would exist right now??

Abeg wetin dey shele for hia?

I'm lost. They say Uyai don marry? shocked
Re: Sigh! by midnighter(f): 12:31pm On Nov 22, 2019
generationz:

Abeg wetin dey shele for hia?

I'm lost. They say Uyai don marry? shocked

Lol babe, no be from my mouth o

He married a lady from here but it's not confirmed who she is

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Is It Bad For A Lady Wishing To Have A Man She Can Sometimes Have Her way With. / Is It Wrong To Marry Your Cousin? / Advise! Wife Seems Not Understanding But Insultive.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.