Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,175 members, 7,821,982 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 11:34 PM

Advise! Wife Seems Not Understanding But Insultive. - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Advise! Wife Seems Not Understanding But Insultive. (3793 Views)

A Chronic Insultive Wife / Help! My Pastor's Wife Seems To Have More Influence On My Wife Than I / My Parent Wants Me To Move Back Home At 30. Please Advise (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Advise! Wife Seems Not Understanding But Insultive. by Souqwaqif: 9:03pm On Sep 06, 2019
Good evening all,I and my wife are married,after a very long courtship.our first issue is just about 3years and I don't want her to emulate certain type of dressing from my wife is fond with of recent.after series of correction my wife would not change from dressing like a harlot to a married woman.parental intervention has not yielded anything.in fact recent discussion with the father on the way forward made her infuriated against me that I reported her to her father.while I reside elsewhere due to work and she off campus I called recently to ask how they are doing and she rained insult on me,I then cut the phone on her.Am thinking of dissolving the whole thing because she is always fond of not taking instructions from me for her own good and that of our little girl.Pls what step will be right for me.Only mature advise is appreciated.Thanks.

1 Like

Re: Advise! Wife Seems Not Understanding But Insultive. by Nobody: 9:18pm On Sep 06, 2019
U married a slay queen sorry. Does she like instagram?

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Advise! Wife Seems Not Understanding But Insultive. by goodmorning40: 9:30pm On Sep 06, 2019
She's bitter

If the marriage continue stop reporting her to anybody those type of external interventions rarely help instead look for a paid councilor or therapist for both of you to attend

2 Likes

Re: Advise! Wife Seems Not Understanding But Insultive. by Nobody: 9:35pm On Sep 06, 2019
Your wife didn't just wake up to start dressing like a "Harlot" as a married woman. She's always been like that when it comes to her choice of clothing while you overlooked. You're reacting now 'cause your expectations(hoping she would change after marriage) were cut short. Any lady that dresses leaving a pound of flesh to be imagined has more men following her than a modestly dressed woman. Sorry to ask, if your wife isn't an harlot, why does she always dress like one?

You don't have reasons enough to want to run away. Act like a Nigerian man. If I were you, I would take out all her skimpy clothes, get them burnt and take her out to shop for decent clothes. If you exert authority on her, she will behave than reporting her to anyone.

13 Likes

Re: Advise! Wife Seems Not Understanding But Insultive. by Larryfest(m): 9:52pm On Sep 06, 2019
Are you sure you didn't marry someone else wife like this Someone out there is telling her she is lovely dressing the way she dresses.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Advise! Wife Seems Not Understanding But Insultive. by Bluehill1051: 10:04pm On Sep 06, 2019
You are very senseless to carry your family issue to her parents.
I'm like u will call him or go there and say " Baba your daughter is dressing indecently" or how?! Your brain is in hibernation mode! Very soon you'll call her mother to say your wife wears panties now instead of tights. You're lucky I'm not your wife, infact your wife is so unfortunate to marry a dumb Bleep like ur self.
I KNOW YOUR TYPE WELL!

6 Likes

Re: Advise! Wife Seems Not Understanding But Insultive. by Nobody: 10:06pm On Sep 06, 2019
Bluehill1051:
I'm like u will call him or go there and say " Baba your daughter is dressing indecently" or how?! Your brain is in hibernation mode! Very soon you'll call her mother to say your wife wears panties now instead of tights. You're lucky I'm not your wife, infact your wife is so unfortunate to marry a dumb Bleep like ur self.
I KNOW YOUR TYPE WELL!

Please shutup who will he run to if not her parents?

18 Likes

Re: Advise! Wife Seems Not Understanding But Insultive. by healthserve(m): 10:12pm On Sep 06, 2019
GrabHisBalls:
Your wife didn't just wake up to start dressing like a "Harlot" as a married woman. She's always been like that when it comes to her choice of clothing while you overlooked. You're reacting now 'cause your expectations(hoping she would change after marriage) were cut short. Any lady that dresses leaving a pound of flesh to be imagined has more men following her than a modestly dressed woman. Sorry to ask, if your wife isn't an harlot, why does she always dress like one?

You don't have reasons enough to want to run away. Act like a Nigerian man. If I were you, I would take out all her skippy clothes, get them burnt and take her out to shop for decent clothes. If you exact authority on her, she will behave than reporting her to anyone.

Brilliance all over this comment. You deserve a free gift. grin

4 Likes

Re: Advise! Wife Seems Not Understanding But Insultive. by Bluehill1051: 10:16pm On Sep 06, 2019
AmericanDad:

Please shutup who will he run to if not her parents?
Maybe her grand parents or maybe even their village chief! Bastard he-goat! You'll soon die miserably!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Advise! Wife Seems Not Understanding But Insultive. by Biglittlelois(f): 10:29pm On Sep 06, 2019
You met her dressed like that, married her regardless, and now you want her to change? How? And what do you mean by dress like a married woman? Decently or like a grand ma? Why didn't you go for a decently dressed looking lady instead of a flashy, "Harlot" looking one? Carry your cross Oga, shey she is still a student, wait till she graduate then pray she will change.

10 Likes

Re: Advise! Wife Seems Not Understanding But Insultive. by Lush100(m): 10:54pm On Sep 06, 2019
Wow.
So no correction for the lady in question and all the advice here is an abuse of op because the lady must have been wearing the clothes before marriage.
So when couple marry they don't need to make sacrifices abi? They just sign the documents and go back to being single.
Wow,
The generation we have now enh,
I just pray another flood will not cover the whole earth.
Oh there's rainbow. May be fire.
When u have a "sister" that behaves like that pls advise her not to change oh,
When she gets to 70 years, she should also continue,

8 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Advise! Wife Seems Not Understanding But Insultive. by Nobody: 2:06am On Sep 07, 2019
You had a "long courtship" and should've seen these behaviors in her. Her provocative dressing was probably what attracted you to her in the first place. If you didn't or couldn't stop her from "dressing like a harlot" [strong language] or being insultive during your courtship, it's going to be difficult - although not impossible - to change her now, after 3+ years of marriage.

2 Likes

Re: Advise! Wife Seems Not Understanding But Insultive. by sisisioge: 4:20am On Sep 07, 2019
...amongst all, stop giving a grown woman instructions. It will make her more rebellious. There are several ways to convince her about the fashion trend that appeals to you without "instructing" her!

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Advise! Wife Seems Not Understanding But Insultive. by Nobody: 5:53am On Sep 07, 2019
Bluehill1051:
Maybe her grand parents or maybe even their village chief! Bastard he-goat! You'll soon die miserably!

All ur family will die miserably with bad sickness bastard

7 Likes

Re: Advise! Wife Seems Not Understanding But Insultive. by Omojudy: 6:53am On Sep 07, 2019
Maybe she feels you just don’t trust her? Can u try looking past the dressing as long as her privates are well covered and focus on showing her love? I wouldn’t want my man always reporting me or nagging over my dressing. The report go vex me pass.

http://astrongnigerianwoman.com/
Re: Advise! Wife Seems Not Understanding But Insultive. by Acidosis(m): 7:03am On Sep 07, 2019
Omojudy:
Maybe she feels you just don’t trust her? Can u try looking past the dressing as long as her privates are well covered and focus on showing her love? I wouldn’t want my man always reporting me or nagging over my dressing. The report go vex me pass.

http://astrongnigerianwoman.com/

You can't show love to a woman that is fond of displaying her coochie to the world. Men have seen enough in this life, thanks to badly dressed women. Unfortunately, when men see, they don't/can't talk so I encourage all men to keep talking and correcting their women right from the home. Trust me, what many of you try to hide from your suitors, a lot of men have seen them via careless exposure, terrible sitting position, short skirts (upskirts), bra-less tops and gown, just to mention a few.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Advise! Wife Seems Not Understanding But Insultive. by Nobody: 7:26am On Sep 07, 2019
You courted and married here. Simply let her dress as she wants so that peace can reign. This life is simple.

This una matter doesn't carry weight, op simply step back and let her wear Dem clothes. She will get sense someday

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Advise! Wife Seems Not Understanding But Insultive. by emmaodet: 7:48am On Sep 07, 2019
Lush100:
Wow.
So no correction for the lady in question and all the advice her is an abuse of op because the lady msut have been wearing the clothes before marriage.
So when copule marry they don't need to make sacrifices abi? They just sign the documents and go back to being single.
Wow,
The generation we have now enh,
I just pray another flood will not cover the whole earth.
Oh there's rainbow. May be fire.
When u have a "sister" that behaves like that pls advise her not to change oh,
When she gets to 70 years, she should also continue,

Bro, you sef see am. This generation is nothing to write home about.
The average lady don't want to be corrected, they don't want to be accountable to anybody.
They want marriage on there own terms and conditions.
They want marriage but still want to keep all the benefits of when single

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Advise! Wife Seems Not Understanding But Insultive. by SmellingAnus(m): 8:44am On Sep 07, 2019
Op in as much as you may want the best for her and your marriage, this is a battle you can't win just by being like a dictator... It's obvious you already lost your home so if you still value your home, let this matter be before you develop BP ... Know that if you die, she will still move on ...
Re: Advise! Wife Seems Not Understanding But Insultive. by Richy4(m): 10:57am On Sep 07, 2019
Is there a wide age gap between you and your wife?..
Re: Advise! Wife Seems Not Understanding But Insultive. by efighter: 11:14am On Sep 07, 2019
Bluehill1051:
I KNOW YOUR TYPE WELL!

This one has psychiatric disorders

6 Likes

Re: Advise! Wife Seems Not Understanding But Insultive. by bukatyne(f): 12:42pm On Sep 07, 2019
Souqwaqif:
Good evening all,I and my wife are married,after a very long courtship.our first issue is just about 3years and I don't want her to emulate certain type of dressing from my wife is fond with of recent.after series of correction my wife would not change from dressing like a harlot to a married woman.parental intervention has not yielded anything.in fact recent discussion with the father on the way forward made her infuriated against me that I reported her to her father.while I reside elsewhere due to work and she off campus I called recently to ask how they are doing and she rained insult on me,I then cut the phone on her.Am thinking of dissolving the whole thing because she is always fond of not taking instructions from me for her own good and that of our little girl.Pls what step will be right for me.Only mature advise is appreciated.Thanks.

Did she just start dressing like this?

What are the 'other instructions' she doesn't take from you?

1 Like

Re: Advise! Wife Seems Not Understanding But Insultive. by bogdaddy(m): 3:31pm On Sep 07, 2019
You must be mad for supporting the stupid wife, do you have sense of reasoning at all? Na you him for come report am to abi ?? Ewu
Bluehill1051:
I KNOW YOUR TYPE WELL!
Re: Advise! Wife Seems Not Understanding But Insultive. by Houseofglam7(f): 7:50pm On Sep 07, 2019
You saw all the signs....and you married her still undecided
Suck it up undecided
Re: Advise! Wife Seems Not Understanding But Insultive. by LadySarah: 9:55pm On Sep 07, 2019
Nigerian men with Their hypocrisy...
''I Hate ladies on makeup'',oya present a Deeperlifer Or a modest woman.No!!
Let me groom the Olosho grin grin to My taste.This is the result years later.
Carry ur Cross O jare! grin grin grin
and Fyi,You Dont give ur partner instructions,You communicate/dialogue!discuss etc.

6 Likes

Re: Advise! Wife Seems Not Understanding But Insultive. by missjo(f): 10:26pm On Sep 07, 2019
bukatyne:

Did she just start dressing like this?

What are the 'other instructions' she doesn't take from you?
You are probably the only one who has asked him if the dressing is something new,instead of assuming it started during the dating phase.smiley
Re: Advise! Wife Seems Not Understanding But Insultive. by larryking540: 11:15pm On Sep 07, 2019
theButterfly:
You had a "long courtship" and should've seen these behaviors in her. Her provocative dressing was probably what attracted you to her in the first place. If you didn't or couldn't stop her from "dressing like a harlot" [strong word] or being insultive during your courtship, it's going to be difficult - although not impossible - to change her now, after 3+ years of marriage.

this is the problem with some guys, how can u date a lady because u want to impress ur guys that ur babe is the hottest, na there op problem for start so,
during courtship this lady goes out with u on hot skimpy skirt and ur guys they hail u, op as ur report am to her parents e good,

and people are saying why will op report her to her parents, if I may ask who should he report her to, ?his parents, of course not,

Atleast the parents of the op wife should be aware say marriage don day tire their daughter o,they should not be surprised to see her with her load one day o at ther doormot

1 Like

Re: Advise! Wife Seems Not Understanding But Insultive. by larryking540: 11:20pm On Sep 07, 2019
emmaodet:

Bro, you sef see am. This generation is nothing to write home about.
The average lady don't want to be corrected, they don't want to be accountable to anybody.
They want marriage on there own terms and conditions.
They want marriage but still want to keep all the benefits of when single
life is simple, even as American b way we day imitate, the man is still the man of the hux

when the woman wan challenge ur action in a very annoying way, or use ur authority rub ground, just tell her to pack her things and go back to her parents house, ,,na man way day do like woman, women day dance on top, don't beat her, don't hit her just send her packing

1 Like

Re: Advise! Wife Seems Not Understanding But Insultive. by emmaodet: 1:00am On Sep 08, 2019
larryking540:

life is simple, even as American b way we day imitate, the man is still the man of the hux

when the woman wan challenge ur action in a very annoying way, or use ur authority rub ground, just tell her to pack her things and go back to her parents house, ,,na man way day do like woman, women day dance on top, don't beat her, don't hit her just send her packing

Lol but with that trend and action, that means divorce rate go sky rocket be that oooooo
Re: Advise! Wife Seems Not Understanding But Insultive. by Souqwaqif: 1:01am On Sep 08, 2019
Thanks man,as simple as that. I have always been the one reconciling even when she goes wrong,I do everything possible to save situation because of our little daughter now I will stand like a gentle man,invite or visit her family and let them know I am no longer interested until she apologises for insulting me and change from bad influence.

larryking540:

Re: Advise! Wife Seems Not Understanding But Insultive. by djoe21(m): 7:28am On Sep 08, 2019
Bluehill1051:

Really? So he has to die for his comment. undecided

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Pictures Of The Gal Who Gave Birth In Oau / Our Men Are Killing Our Marriage / Disowning Family In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.