Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,625 members, 7,823,753 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 02:30 PM

My Toyota Corolla Verso Jerks When Accelerating - Car Talk (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / My Toyota Corolla Verso Jerks When Accelerating (17295 Views)

My Vehicle Jerks When Changing Gear / Toyota Avensis Verso Or Toyota Corolla Verso / 7 Reasons Why Car Jerks When Accelerating (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Toyota Corolla Verso Jerks When Accelerating by Countersam(m): 2:47pm On Nov 13, 2019
Truth801:
Good day guys. I just noticed that my recently acquired Toyota Corolla Verso (2005) jerks when accelerating. What could be the likely cause of this ?

Check your fuel pump and filter.
Re: My Toyota Corolla Verso Jerks When Accelerating by deesquarediddy(m): 4:06pm On Nov 13, 2019
Beatswim:
Check your air flow meter... Its either its spoilt completely or the contact is faulty.... Better still take it to a competent mechanic to run a check on the system

Run a scan to be sure...It can be one or combination of faults highlighted by people here.

From experience, if it only jerk when you accelerate and not during slow driving, it may be Mass Air Flow meter or Sensor. You can't be sure until you run a scan.

Symptoms of a Faulty Mass Air Flow Sensor
The engine is very hard to start or turn over.
The engine stalls shortly after starting.
The engine hesitates or drags while under load or idle.
Hesitation and jerking during acceleration.
The engine hiccups.
Excessively rich or lean idling

Usually, a bad or failing fuel pump will produce one or more of the following 8 symptoms that alert the driver of a potential issue.

Whining Noise From the Fuel Tank. ...
Difficulty Starting. ...
Engine Sputtering. ...
Stalling at High Temperatures. ...
Loss of Power Under Stress. ...
Car Surging. ...
Low Gas Mileage. ...
Car Will Not Start.

Symptoms of bad spark plugs can include:

Reduced gas mileage.
Lack of acceleration.
Hard starts.
Engine misfires.
Rough idling.
Re: My Toyota Corolla Verso Jerks When Accelerating by stchinedu: 4:17pm On Nov 13, 2019
ironheart:
Run vehicle scan. Buy yourself a 3k obd2 scanner. It can save you a lot of money

Where can i get it
Re: My Toyota Corolla Verso Jerks When Accelerating by Awoo88: 4:32pm On Nov 13, 2019
KINGreignn:
Scan. I'm looking at fuel pump.
Or brain box.
Re: My Toyota Corolla Verso Jerks When Accelerating by Awoo88: 4:34pm On Nov 13, 2019
deesquarediddy:

Run a scan to be sure...It can be one or combination of faults highlighted by people here.

From experience, if it only jerk when you accelerate and not during slow driving, it may be Mass Air Flow meter or Sensor. You can't be sure until you run a scan.

Symptoms of a Faulty Mass Air Flow Sensor
The engine is very hard to start or turn over.
The engine stalls shortly after starting.
The engine hesitates or drags while under load or idle.
Hesitation and jerking during acceleration.
The engine hiccups.
Excessively rich or lean idling

Usually, a bad or failing fuel pump will produce one or more of the following 8 symptoms that alert the driver of a potential issue.

Whining Noise From the Fuel Tank. ...
Difficulty Starting. ...
Engine Sputtering. ...
Stalling at High Temperatures. ...
Loss of Power Under Stress. ...
Car Surging. ...
Low Gas Mileage. ...
Car Will Not Start.

Symptoms of bad spark plugs can include:

Reduced gas mileage.
Lack of acceleration.
Hard starts.
Engine misfires.
Rough idling.
What of when the car jerk till stop and would not start even with a new fuel pump
Re: My Toyota Corolla Verso Jerks When Accelerating by giddy10(m): 5:06pm On Nov 13, 2019
Before checking the fuel pump, check the plugs. One of the plug might be burnt.
Re: My Toyota Corolla Verso Jerks When Accelerating by Truth801(m): 6:22pm On Nov 13, 2019
Kilamiti:
Check all plugs. Even if one is bad it can affect all. Mine was jerking especially when you are in traffic. Until I changed the plugs.
I will. Thanks
Re: My Toyota Corolla Verso Jerks When Accelerating by Truth801(m): 6:24pm On Nov 13, 2019
donkayze:
That is the major problem with Verso.
I can give you someone's number that will help you fix it but he is in Abuja.
I am recommending him cos he fixed mine last year.
Please give me the phone number. Thanks
Re: My Toyota Corolla Verso Jerks When Accelerating by ironheart(m): 6:55pm On Nov 13, 2019
nonix22:
after buying, can the codes displayed be easily interpreted??
Google it bro. Google will help you and give you possible solutions, with that you can tell your mechanic what to do
Re: My Toyota Corolla Verso Jerks When Accelerating by ironheart(m): 6:56pm On Nov 13, 2019
ubecharles:
. Where can I get this pls
jumia
Re: My Toyota Corolla Verso Jerks When Accelerating by ironheart(m): 6:56pm On Nov 13, 2019
stchinedu:

Where can i get it
Julia or jiji
Re: My Toyota Corolla Verso Jerks When Accelerating by Wealthoptulent(m): 7:58pm On Nov 13, 2019
Truth801:
Good day guys. I just noticed that my recently acquired Toyota Corolla Verso (2005) jerks when accelerating. What could be the likely cause of this ?

Please scan first! But 3 causes can lead to this, fuel pump, filter or injector lines n nipples. But scan first .
Re: My Toyota Corolla Verso Jerks When Accelerating by Truth801(m): 8:09pm On Nov 13, 2019
Thanks everyone for your contributions. I really appreciate
Re: My Toyota Corolla Verso Jerks When Accelerating by Sumji: 8:25pm On Nov 13, 2019
Thanks bruvf! cool

ubecharles:
I learnt a lot from this. Kudos bra cool cool
Re: My Toyota Corolla Verso Jerks When Accelerating by notoriousbabe: 11:13pm On Nov 13, 2019
bonnyhope:

Are you playing with the English?
what?
Re: My Toyota Corolla Verso Jerks When Accelerating by nonix22(m): 12:00pm On Nov 14, 2019
that's exactly what I do.
ironheart:
Google it bro. Google will help you and give you possible solutions, with that you can tell your mechanic what to do

1 Like

Re: My Toyota Corolla Verso Jerks When Accelerating by Nobody: 8:51am On Nov 15, 2019
ironheart:
jumia
. Any specification, best recommendation?
Re: My Toyota Corolla Verso Jerks When Accelerating by Makaveli217(m): 4:30pm On Sep 01, 2021
lilachiever:
Clean and Perfectly working BlackBerry Bold 4 (Touchscreen) for sale at 4k only...
Is the phone still available?
Re: My Toyota Corolla Verso Jerks When Accelerating by lilachiever(m): 6:46pm On Sep 01, 2021
Makaveli217:

Is the phone still available?

Lol. Since 2019?
Re: My Toyota Corolla Verso Jerks When Accelerating by Drey007: 7:54pm On Sep 01, 2021
Corolla 2004 (uber type) up for sale.

Pm me if interested

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Hire-purchase Vehicle Needed For Uber/taxify / How Much Is Car Papers Renewal In Your State? / FRSC To Start Seizing Vehicles With Expired Tyres

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.