Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,625 members, 7,827,336 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 10:44 AM

I Need Matching English Names For My Boy And Girl Twin. - Family (14) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / I Need Matching English Names For My Boy And Girl Twin. (32301 Views)

Nigerian Couple Seeking Divorce Storm Court In Matching Outfit(pic) / Nigerian Identical Twin Grandmas Slay In Matching Outfits (Photos) / Justin McClure & Wife, Ami Dunni McClure & Their 3 Kids Slay In Matching Outfit (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Need Matching English Names For My Boy And Girl Twin. by midnighter(f): 4:55pm On Nov 14, 2019
Sirwallace:

The Indians you just mentioned wear their turban and cultural textile to corporate organization even in their stock market. what is wrong with you africans. The rest of the continents has moved on and you guys still find pride with English colonial mentality
Same reason your lawyers keep wearing that stupid wig to the court. Continue!

I guess it is a Different strokes for different folk.
I have met Indians and Chinese you know, None of them will disclose they go by the english name. But here, people prefer to be called Richard to chibuike or a Rotimi. Thats how deep the colonial mentality is.
As for the Indians and Chinese you have met, none of them will trade their native names to be called an English name.

Get an indian or chinese movie translated in english( not asking you to watch the movie) fast forward yo the cast after the movie and compare to a nigerian movie.

You are moving the goalposts. You asserted that you admire all those people because they reject English/foreign names, which I'm telling you is categorically false.

Now you're ranting about textiles and wigs, and what name they prefer to "go by". Who told you OPs kids would prefer to answer "John and Joanna" when they grow up

All the Chinese people I know use their English names, all the Indian Christians I know do not even have a native name. In fact some even answer English first name, middle name and surname so I don't know what you're saying.

And I don't know where "here" is but as I said, I don't have an English name, none of my siblings do... I know plenty of people who will introduce themselves with their native and force you to pronounce it until it's perfect.

The point is that foreign names are popular all over the world and not just Africa so just drop your own suggestion for the OP and go and stop pouring out irrelevant statements.
Re: I Need Matching English Names For My Boy And Girl Twin. by Nobody: 5:16pm On Nov 14, 2019
Re: I Need Matching English Names For My Boy And Girl Twin. by ladyGKilaBCrueD(f): 6:00pm On Nov 14, 2019
leave me alone!!!
MrCork:

sorry I forgot..wot did u say your favourite thong color is again? cheesy
Re: I Need Matching English Names For My Boy And Girl Twin. by VeeVeeMyLuv(m): 6:20pm On Nov 14, 2019
Daniel and Diane

Clyde and hyde

Lookman and lookwoman.

Martins and Martina.

Angel and Angela
Re: I Need Matching English Names For My Boy And Girl Twin. by Smalldick123(m): 6:22pm On Nov 14, 2019
VeeVeeMyLuv:
Daniel and Diane
Clyde and hyde
Lookman and lookwoman.
Martins and Martina.
Angel and Angela
Not good though. Atiku/obi remains the best
Re: I Need Matching English Names For My Boy And Girl Twin. by Sirwallace(m): 6:43pm On Nov 14, 2019
midnighter:

The point is that foreign names are popular all over the world and not just Africa so just drop your own suggestion for the OP and go and stop pouring out irrelevant statements.

Are you serious with that statement?
How many countries have you visited to come to that conclusion?
China with over 1billion population dont subscribe to that.

Have you seen defunct soviet union states citizens names?
Like I said, religion and colonialism has messed up most of these people.
Good thing you are not on that table you are shaking.

Sella
Re: I Need Matching English Names For My Boy And Girl Twin. by midnighter(f): 6:53pm On Nov 14, 2019
Sirwallace:

Are you serious with that statement?
How many countries have you visited to come to that conclusion?
China with over 1billion population dont subscribe to that.

Have you seen defunct soviet union states citizens names?
Like I said, religion and colonialism has messed up most of these people.
Good thing you are not on that table you are shaking.

Sella

Lol! I said that it's popular all over the world and not that I have travelled to every country in the world. You how many have you gone to before you condemned Africans without even having the correct information?

You don't know what every single Chinese person subscribes to. The ones I have met use a foreign name for official purposes and then use their native at home.

Exactly! Defunct Soviet Union countries who were forced to speak Russian to the point that some of them can't even speak their own native languages again.

You keep bringing up irrelevant points because you know you're wrong. People are influenced by colonialism all over the world and not just in Africa. If you want us to leave colonialism behind then that's one thing but saying that Africans are the only ones affected by it is totally wrong

You're busy telling somebody else that they have an inferiority complex but you're looking down on Africans for using foreign names and praising other countries who do the same thing. So who has a slave mentality here?
Re: I Need Matching English Names For My Boy And Girl Twin. by Sirwallace(m): 8:50pm On Nov 14, 2019
midnighter:

Lol! I said that it's popular all over the world and not that I have travelled to every country in the world. You how many have you gone to before you condemned Africans without even having the correct information?

You don't know what every single Chinese person subscribes to. The ones I have met use a foreign name for official purposes and then use their native at home.

Exactly! Defunct Soviet Union countries who were forced to speak Russian to the point that some of them can't even speak their own native languages again.

You keep bringing up irrelevant points because you know you're wrong. People are influenced by colonialism all over the world and not just in Africa. If you want us to leave colonialism behind then that's one thing but saying that Africans are the only ones affected by it is totally wrong

You're busy telling somebody else that they have an inferiority complex but you're looking down on Africans for using foreign names and praising other countries who do the same thing. So who has a slave mentality here?

Eaay tiger with your fallacy of composition.
The soviets was a nation before they separated.
They spoke the same language before the split. What can we say of the british colony in Africa after the brits left. The colomentality still ring a bell in you people.
NIgeria and India were both colonised by the brits but India subscribe to their cultural heritage and that includes their names.

Just like baba Fela put it, people like you no go hear.
Popular name my foot.
Re: I Need Matching English Names For My Boy And Girl Twin. by Bigblessed: 9:43pm On Nov 14, 2019
James and Janice.

Miracle and Mirable.

Gift and Gifty.

Justice and Justitia.
Re: I Need Matching English Names For My Boy And Girl Twin. by midnighter(f): 10:04pm On Nov 14, 2019
Sirwallace:

Eaay tiger with your fallacy of composition.
The soviets was a nation before they separated.
They spoke the same language before the split. What can we say of the british colony in Africa after the brits left. The colomentality still ring a bell in you people.
NIgeria and India were both colonised by the brits but India subscribe to their cultural heritage and that includes their names.

Just like baba Fela put it, people like you no go hear.
Popular name my foot.

Hahaha! cheesy

The Soviet countries have their own ethnic groups and native languages which have been suppressed by Russian. So you're telling me that Kazakhstan doesn't have its own language and they only speak Russian? I'm even laughing in Russian hahaha cheesy

They are even trying to ban Russian in some places so that they can get their identity back so I just don't know what you're saying at all

You said that Indian people don't use foreign names and I told you that some of them do. In fact some parts of India that were colonised by Portugal answer both English and Portuguese names.

Just because you met a few Hindu and Sikh people with native names it doesn't mean you've met everybody in India. So again I just don't know what you're talking about

People like me have heard ooo, it's people like you who won't even go and read something before taking the opportunity to start bashing Africans and praising other countries.

Hypocrisy of the highest order!
Re: I Need Matching English Names For My Boy And Girl Twin. by lukui: 1:19pm On Nov 15, 2019
Ryan and rihanna

shakiru and shakira
Re: I Need Matching English Names For My Boy And Girl Twin. by Hebunoluwa: 11:09pm On Nov 16, 2019
ADAM AND EVE
Re: I Need Matching English Names For My Boy And Girl Twin. by sharaff6(m): 1:19am On Nov 17, 2019
RONALDO & MESSI...
Re: I Need Matching English Names For My Boy And Girl Twin. by b3llo(m): 7:41am On Nov 17, 2019
baines3:
Don't know if u like Hebrew nam... Uriel and Zuriel
Uriel means- God is my light
Zuriel means- Rock or strength of God
I love this!
Re: I Need Matching English Names For My Boy And Girl Twin. by bossinblack: 10:17pm On Nov 18, 2019
folake4u:
Iskaba and Iskebele.
Wos and Wosbi. ;P.

grin grin grin
Re: I Need Matching English Names For My Boy And Girl Twin. by Whyzaid(f): 10:34pm On Nov 18, 2019
[qAmen and me toou1ote author=cameeeeel post=83987948]I also pray for this favour from lord[/quote]
Re: I Need Matching English Names For My Boy And Girl Twin. by folake4u(f): 12:14pm On Nov 19, 2019
bossinblack:

grin grin grin

Hehehehehe grin grin grin
Re: I Need Matching English Names For My Boy And Girl Twin. by Lolosticlolo(m): 7:04pm On Jun 19, 2020
bluefilm:
Name the male one Lalasticlala.

Name the female one Lolosticlolo.

The two names means the same thing- A lover of Python.

Mafo!

I’m a guy tho

1 Like

Re: I Need Matching English Names For My Boy And Girl Twin. by bluefilm: 9:58pm On Jun 19, 2020
Lolosticlolo:

Mafo!

I’m a guy tho

Nice name. grin

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (Reply)

Wife Drags Husband To Court For Calling Her ”prostitute” / 10-year-old Gives Birth To Baby Boy / Share Your Funniest Experience While Growing Up

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.