Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,187 members, 7,818,612 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 07:45 PM

Proof Match Officials Were Against Manchester City In Game With Liverpool - Sports (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Proof Match Officials Were Against Manchester City In Game With Liverpool (65626 Views)

EPL: Ronaldo Refuses To Shake Hands Of Any Chelsea Players Or Match Officials . / Divock Origi Signs A New Long-term Contract With Liverpool / CEDB Suspend Neymar For 3 UEFA Competition Matches For Insulting Match Officials (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Proof Match Officials Were Against Manchester City In Game With Liverpool by alasane: 1:20pm On Nov 13, 2019
TheGoodJoe:

That was why the penalty was not given. If you read the article, the officials did not talk of the ball hitting Bernardo Silva's arm. The ball ricocheted to Silva's arm and was not a deliberate act.

Replay shows clearly that Trent Arnold Alexander on the other hand saw the ball and chose to use his hand to stop it. Which is clearly a deliberate act for a penalty.

The officials chose to deny it which shows a clear case of their corruption.

since the official did not talk about meaning??........Your sense of reasoning very shallow[color=#990000][/color]
Re: Proof Match Officials Were Against Manchester City In Game With Liverpool by Shezkid: 1:21pm On Nov 13, 2019
izzou:

Huh?

Okay, where should Trent's hand be? At home?

I have attached the rules for handball in the EPL. Read it, digest it, and show me how Trent is guilty

His hands should be at his back.... The PK that was given to Liverpool against Spurs then shouldn't be a PK because the player was pointing to his player to Mark a player... I'm sure you didn't watch that match...
Re: Proof Match Officials Were Against Manchester City In Game With Liverpool by TheGoodJoe(m): 1:21pm On Nov 13, 2019
boladale123:
The rule says that if the team that scored a goal, had handled the ball proceeding to that particular goal ,then the goal is disallowed.
In practice,you can not handle a ball before you score a goal, hence ,mancity should get a penalty or otherwise if you say the ball touches mancity player before alexander, then , it should have been a fool & free kick.

Trent Arnold handled the ball that led to the goal. On any account the ball should have been stopped.

Either way, the article is about the EPL officials lying that Arnold's handball was not deliberate when the pictures showed it was and the VAR officials had the luxury of replays.
Re: Proof Match Officials Were Against Manchester City In Game With Liverpool by boladale123: 1:22pm On Nov 13, 2019
I am sure you know that Ref can not be seen to be emotional about any event on the pitch, otherwise the football investments and entertainment would have been put in a Hole.
Juliuss01:

Did Man City scores and the goal was cancelled?, Or you mean Man city can no longer win in Anfiled without penalties or red card ?.

Wait even Pep Guardiola was scared of Anfiled , playing mind game with Sadio Mane over diving, his words ahead of the match made him suspicious.

It will be unfair to Liverpool if the Bernardo silver's hand ball should should overlooked and then punished Trent for his own.

I have said it ahead of this season that Man city will suffer in the hand of VAR because of the pattern of their game. They escaped many error last season where the ref favour them.

From off side goals to red cards and penalties. Hence they wouldn't have won the league last Season.

They would have won Tottenham Hotspur in champion's league last season when they were running up and down and scored off side goals , it was VAR that recalled and cancelled, otherwise there pattern would have overshadowed the ref.

Then again we could say why the so much noise on the Liverpool Man City match .... It happens to everyone, it was Liverpool last previous week and it was Man City last week.

Liverpool had an hand ball with Aston Villa not taken and a goal ridiculously disallowed nobody made noise.

Manchester United fouled Origi and the ref did not respond to it, hence Manchester United scored , does anyone sees that ?.

Meanwhile, Bernardo silver's goal should have been cancelled too, because there was a foul before the ball was passed to him, but the ref chosed to neglect it so what's the sympathy for Man City all about or just bad belle for Liverpool.
Re: Proof Match Officials Were Against Manchester City In Game With Liverpool by izzou(m): 1:22pm On Nov 13, 2019
Shezkid:

Last time I checked I didn't create this thread so talk with sense.... Even when that goal was cancelled I felt bad for Liverpool and EPL VAR operators are SHIT....

You felt bad for them right?
You didn't think they were being favoured?

But now, you think they are being assisted Abi?

Learn to analyze a match without being emotional.

I'll still say it again and again. If Oliver had given Sterling that penalty, then we will be seeing that stunt in every single match, again and again

Sterling did it on purpose. The distance was very close and there's no way it wouldn't hit anyone's hand. Oliver used his discretion. Simple

1 Like

Re: Proof Match Officials Were Against Manchester City In Game With Liverpool by TheGoodJoe(m): 1:23pm On Nov 13, 2019
HIGHESTPOPORI:
OK your point is Silva hand deflected the ball to Arnold but Silva own was not deliberate while Arnold own was deliberate

It was not deliberate because it was close and it was on the run. The problem is, why would Michael Oliver lie it was not deliberate and why did the VAR official support the lie. My verdict corruption.
Re: Proof Match Officials Were Against Manchester City In Game With Liverpool by kilisi(m): 1:23pm On Nov 13, 2019
TheGoodJoe:

That was why the penalty was not given. If you read the article, the officials did not talk of the ball hitting Bernardo Silva's arm. The ball ricocheted to Silva's arm and was not a deliberate act.

Replay shows clearly that Trent Arnold Alexander on the other hand saw the ball and chose to use his hand to stop it. Which is clearly a deliberate act for a penalty.

The officials chose to deny it which shows a clear case of their corruption.

Please do the same analysis for the left arm. Was it still at the same place as the first picture? That tells you that there was already a movement of body and arm to get to his current position in the second picture.

In addition, if the ball had travelled straight to Sterlin and he scores, it would have been ruled out according to the new rule which states that any handball in the build up to goal whether deliberate or not makes the goal invalid. So you can see why it is not proper for that to be given as offside?
Re: Proof Match Officials Were Against Manchester City In Game With Liverpool by izzou(m): 1:23pm On Nov 13, 2019
Shezkid:

His hands should be at his back.... The PK that was given to Liverpool against Spurs then shouldn't be a PK because the player was pointing to his player to Mark a player... I'm sure you didn't watch that match...

I just gave you the rule to read

Was his hand in its natural position? Yes or No?

I don't type with emotions. Sorry
Re: Proof Match Officials Were Against Manchester City In Game With Liverpool by Seventy7kings: 1:24pm On Nov 13, 2019
TheGoodJoe:

Some of you guys do not read at all.

The article is about the player's lying that Arnold's handball was not deliberate, when it was. The pictures proved it.
ok sir, I've heard you, thanks.
Re: Proof Match Officials Were Against Manchester City In Game With Liverpool by TheGoodJoe(m): 1:24pm On Nov 13, 2019
alasane:

since the official did not talk about meaning??........Your sense of reasoning very shallow

Clap for yourself.

1 Like

Re: Proof Match Officials Were Against Manchester City In Game With Liverpool by SmartyPants(m): 1:24pm On Nov 13, 2019
izzou:

Lol

When Firminho's goal was cancelled against Aston Villa because his armpit(abi armpit hair) was offside, who's agenda was clear then?

I'm not here to argue back and forth with you. Oliver was solely in charge of making the decision, and even if he gave the penalty, we all would live with it

But my point is if he had given that penalty, then we would be seeing about 5 similar cases on every match. Sterling purposely played it on his hand, and there was no other possible place to keep his hands.

Like your article said, his hands had to be somewhere

I'm a man Utd fan here so Ivan speak as a complete neutral.

A penalty is a penalty. If it means giving 5 penalties a game then they should change the rules not refuse to apply them. That was a penalty to me, and I believe it would have been called as such in many other games.

I don't know about conspiracy theories though.

1 Like

Re: Proof Match Officials Were Against Manchester City In Game With Liverpool by HIGHESTPOPORI(m): 1:24pm On Nov 13, 2019
TheGoodJoe:

It was not deliberate because it was close and it was on the run. The problem is, why would Michael Oliver lie it was not deliberate and why did the VAR official support the lie. My verdict corruption.
You are the only person talking abt lie here
Re: Proof Match Officials Were Against Manchester City In Game With Liverpool by boladale123: 1:24pm On Nov 13, 2019
On point, they are all corrupt.
And if they don't rectify this, investments would soon be crawling on the floor.
Imagine, paying over 40 pounds on that piece of shit!!

TheGoodJoe:

Trent Arnold handled the ball that led to the goal. On any account the ball should have been stopped.

Either way, the article is about the EPL officials lying that Arnold's handball was not deliberate when the pictures showed it was and the VAR officials had the luxury of replays.

1 Like

Re: Proof Match Officials Were Against Manchester City In Game With Liverpool by izzou(m): 1:25pm On Nov 13, 2019
SmartyPants:

A penalty is a penalty. If it means giving 5 penalties a game then they should change the rules not refuse to apply them. That was a penalty to me, and I believe it would have been called as such in many other games.

There were two cases that had penalty controversies

Which one are you referring to?
Re: Proof Match Officials Were Against Manchester City In Game With Liverpool by Shezkid: 1:26pm On Nov 13, 2019
izzou:

You felt bad for them right?
You didn't think they were being favoured?

But now, you think they are being assisted Abi?

Learn to analyze a match without being emotional.

I'll still say it again and again. If Oliver had given Sterling that penalty, then we will be seeing that stunt in every single match, again and again

Sterling did it on purpose. The distance was very close and there's no way it wouldn't hit anyone's had. Oliver used his discretion. Simple

FYI I don't care about any team in EPL..if I see a wrong call by the ref I'll talk.. and you saying Sterling did it on purpose means you started watching ball last week because that's not an excuse..... there's no rule on that and it has happened a million times and it was given as PK...

1 Like

Re: Proof Match Officials Were Against Manchester City In Game With Liverpool by Freshbaba95(m): 1:26pm On Nov 13, 2019
TheGoodJoe:

What are you typing?

Did anyone say the ball did not hit Bernardo Silva? Even the interview in the article did not talk about it because the ball deflected off Bernardo Silva to his hand which does not count as handball, like the Rojo's case against Nigeria.

That was not why it was ruled out if you bothered to read the article. It was ruled out because they claimed Trent did not intend to use his hand, which they are lying.

Who will understand, will understand. I have said it before, English FA is more corrupt than our own NFF

1 Like

Re: Proof Match Officials Were Against Manchester City In Game With Liverpool by TheGoodJoe(m): 1:26pm On Nov 13, 2019
HIGHESTPOPORI:
You are the only person talking abt lie here

That is the point of the article.
Re: Proof Match Officials Were Against Manchester City In Game With Liverpool by izzou(m): 1:27pm On Nov 13, 2019
Shezkid:

FYI I don't care about any team in EPL..if I see a wrong call by the ref I'll talk.. and you saying Sterling did it on purpose means you started watching ball last week because that's not an excuse..... there's no rule on that and it has happened a million times and it was given as PK...

Can you show me how many times this season, this type of case occurred, and they gave a penalty?

Show me please.
Re: Proof Match Officials Were Against Manchester City In Game With Liverpool by edward1106(m): 1:27pm On Nov 13, 2019
TheGoodJoe:

What are you typing?

Did anyone say the ball did not hit Bernardo Silva? Even the interview in the article did not talk about it because the ball deflected off Bernardo Silva to his hand which does not count as handball, like the Rojo's case against Nigeria.

That was not why it was ruled out if you bothered to read the article. It was ruled out because they claimed Trent did not intend to use his hand, which they are lying.

Could you help us ask Trent if he did it on purpose or not so we agree with you. grin

Even as the law (Knowledge) stands, sometimes discretion (Wisdom) is applied.
Re: Proof Match Officials Were Against Manchester City In Game With Liverpool by Nobody: 1:28pm On Nov 13, 2019
HIGHESTPOPORI:
But Bernardo Silva hand deflected it there,that's what people are saying
the best decision then would have been to bring the ball back to where it touched Silva hands
Re: Proof Match Officials Were Against Manchester City In Game With Liverpool by SmartyPants(m): 1:28pm On Nov 13, 2019
izzou:

The Arnold one
Re: Proof Match Officials Were Against Manchester City In Game With Liverpool by boladale123: 1:28pm On Nov 13, 2019
The reason why Nigeria vs Agentina handball against Rono should have been given.
Refs been too emotional about their beloved teams.

izzou:

Huh?

Okay, where should Trent's hand be? At home?

I have attached the rules for handball in the EPL. Read it, digest it, and show me how Trent is guilty

Re: Proof Match Officials Were Against Manchester City In Game With Liverpool by Shezkid: 1:29pm On Nov 13, 2019
izzou:

Can you show me how many times this season, this type of case occurred, and they gave a penalty?

Show me please.

Spurs vs Liverpool...
Re: Proof Match Officials Were Against Manchester City In Game With Liverpool by SmartyPants(m): 1:29pm On Nov 13, 2019
edward1106:

Could you help us ask Trent if he did it on purpose or not so we agree with you. grin

the argument about whether Trent meant it or not is not relevant. At the beginning of this season, new rules were announced that stated intention would no longer be taken into account.

https://www.premierleague.com/news/1263332

1 Like

Re: Proof Match Officials Were Against Manchester City In Game With Liverpool by izzou(m): 1:29pm On Nov 13, 2019
SmartyPants:

The Arnold one

I'm not sure you watched the match

Arnold was involved in both

1 Like

Re: Proof Match Officials Were Against Manchester City In Game With Liverpool by kilisi(m): 1:30pm On Nov 13, 2019
SmartyPants:

If the ball had travelled straight to Sterlin and he scores, it would have been ruled out according to the new rule which states that any handball in the build up to a goal whether deliberate or not makes the goal invalid. So you can see why it is not proper for that to be given as penalty?
Re: Proof Match Officials Were Against Manchester City In Game With Liverpool by TheGoodJoe(m): 1:30pm On Nov 13, 2019
edward1106:

As long as he moved his hand to the ball, the evidence speaks for itself.
Re: Proof Match Officials Were Against Manchester City In Game With Liverpool by TheGoodJoe(m): 1:31pm On Nov 13, 2019
kilisi:

If the ball had travelled straight to Sterlin and he scores, it would have been ruled out according to the new rule which states that any handball in the build up to a goal whether deliberate or not makes the goal invalid. So you can see why it is not proper for that to be given as offside?

Trent Arnold's handball led to the goal but the officials let it stand.
Re: Proof Match Officials Were Against Manchester City In Game With Liverpool by kilisi(m): 1:31pm On Nov 13, 2019
SmartyPants:

the argument about whether Trent meant it or not is not relevant. At the beginning of this season, new rules were announced that stated intention would no longer be taken into account.

https://www.premierleague.com/news/1263332

Going by your logic, it is not a penalty then since the ball hits Bernardo's hand before hitting Trent's arm.
Re: Proof Match Officials Were Against Manchester City In Game With Liverpool by Greatfullheart: 1:32pm On Nov 13, 2019
When Man City Was Enjoying Last Season we Did Not Hear This One Oh now That's Our Turn We're Hearing Different Stuffs.

Re: Proof Match Officials Were Against Manchester City In Game With Liverpool by descartes400: 1:32pm On Nov 13, 2019
izzou:

As for me, I saw 3 penalty cases in that match. 2 were hand balls while the other was the pushing of sterling within the 18 yard box near the corner line

1 Like

Re: Proof Match Officials Were Against Manchester City In Game With Liverpool by izzou(m): 1:32pm On Nov 13, 2019
Shezkid:

Spurs vs Liverpool...

And his hand is in its natural position Abi?

I'm done arguing sir. You win

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Mikel Obi’s Luxurious Lifestyle – N850m Mansion, Cars / Fan Quits Chelsea, Burns Jersey After Mourinho Sacked...Returns To Arsenal (pic) / Stephen Appiah Flaunts His Massive Mansion (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.