Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,766 members, 7,824,215 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 05:06 AM

Guys Corner: How To Know You Are Ready For Marriage - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Guys Corner: How To Know You Are Ready For Marriage (359 Views)

Ladies, When You Are Ready To Settle Down, Don't Settle For These Men / Thread For Singles That Are Ready For Marriage. / Man Almost Suffocates As Ladies Crowd Him With "One Corner" Dance (Video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Guys Corner: How To Know You Are Ready For Marriage by braveAchiever(m): 2:32pm On Nov 13, 2019

This question has always been one of the top questions that pops up when in the early matured age of guys. However, you will be shocked that there are certain things that will tell when you are ready for marriage and none of those things is age.

If you have not read my articles about sensitive things a guy should avoid in a relationship, you can read it here as it will help in broadening your knowledge about this article.

The reality is, a man could get married at 40 years and divorce 6 months or keep struggling in that marriage for years, or divorce few years after, while another man could get married at 24 and still stay with the partner till death without struggling to make things work. It’s funny, right?

So, really, the question about “what age” is not really the right question, because marriage is more than age, its much about “are you ready?” So how will you know you are ready? Follow me, friend, let’s find out.

How to know if you are ready for marriage
When you are emotionally mature
Here, I will also discuss cheating, but before then, let me ask you like a guy, can you control your emotions? Or do your emotions get better of you when it’s extreme?

The reality is, don’t prepare for the best when marriage is involved and don’t prepare for the worst, Just be ready to make things work with your partner.

Yes, you guys know the in and out of each other, despite that, you guys still have misunderstandings ones in a while, right? Now imagine leaving together for years under the same roof.

Hey bro, I’m not trying to scare you, because I can tell you are imagining it already..lol.

What I’m saying is, be ready to tolerate some things. She’s not perfect, neither are you. So don’t expect her without flaws, there is no one without flaws.

Tolerate her imperfectness to avoid broken marriage or domestic violence.

It is when you understand her weakness and accept her that you can enjoy the marriage, this is because you will be able to overlook certain things and just enjoy her good parts while helping her to work on her flaws.

Extra tip: there is nothing like “I m a perfectionist, so my marriage must be perfect”.

No bro, you have to lower your standard, marriage is not about perfectness, its about understanding your partner, enjoying her and helping her grow more, trust me, you will enjoy her.

Cheating
Be discipline emotionally, I know you see many pretty girls and you are sometimes pushed to flirt around. There is no medal for it, so don’t bother.

Have total control over what is between your legs. In marriage, it is only meant for your woman, no one else.

When you are financially mature
Bro, stop having this mentality that without money it will work out. This isn’t the stone age where a dollar can feed the whole house.

Let’s be real, a dollar can’t feed you 100% for breakfast talk less of feeding two people.

That means you need to work hard to enough to feed two mouths conveniently before thinking of going further with marriage.

It’s your job as a man to provide for your spouse.

I tell guys “what makes you a man is not what is between your legs, but rather your ability to understand, accept and carry out your responsibility”

Extra tip: Brave Achiever also said ..continue reading.....https://braveachiever.com/how-to-know-you-are-ready-for-marriage-as-a-guy/
Re: Guys Corner: How To Know You Are Ready For Marriage by alwaysonnet: 3:13pm On Nov 13, 2019
All you said is correct.

Check out this app on google play store to learn how to cook all Nigeria meal. So elaborate, good for offline and easy to understand. https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.toyonnet.nigeriafoodsrecipes

(1) (Reply)

I Buy Fb Acct / Where Do You Belong In This Hierarchy? / Seun Should Start Paying People Whose Topic Makes Front Page

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.