Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,324 members, 7,811,957 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 01:50 AM

My Toyota Corolla's Brain Box Has Been Stolen! - Car Talk (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / My Toyota Corolla's Brain Box Has Been Stolen! (26719 Views)

How To Tell If Your Catalytic Converter Has Been Stolen / Help With Brain Box Number / My Toyota Corolla Over Heats Only When The AC Is On! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Toyota Corolla's Brain Box Has Been Stolen! by demoBaba: 7:59am On Nov 15, 2019
Buy new one abi, which advice did you want.

2 Likes

Re: My Toyota Corolla's Brain Box Has Been Stolen! by 99persait(m): 8:00am On Nov 15, 2019
I experienced same circumstances some years ago when my new 2005 Toyota corolla brain box,which was just 2 weeks old ,got stolen.luckily i got a tokunbo brain box for 25k back then in 2010 at ladipo market.it worked when i replaced it.
Re: My Toyota Corolla's Brain Box Has Been Stolen! by carbon1224(m): 8:00am On Nov 15, 2019
PasD:
An okada man hit my door and damaged it...and though he admitted its his fault I let him go cos of mercy.
Parked my car (Toyota Corolla 2004 model) outside cos there were truvks blocking my gate that night and before morning thieves came and stole my brain box and many other things.

Now I have fixed other things remaining the brain box. The one I got today did not start the car. And the mechanic and electrician assured me that they will get the one that will fit.

My question is this, when I change the brain box will the car start giving issues or it will still work as it was before?

THE CAR IS JUST FEW MONTHS OLD #sobs

Get a universal brain box which will work but try and weld your brain box so that such thing won’t happen again.na so I do my own so person wey go commot am go carry sledge hammer come.

4 Likes

Re: My Toyota Corolla's Brain Box Has Been Stolen! by BrainSanitizer: 8:01am On Nov 15, 2019
Stevengold:
The rate at which people steal is alarming, that's how they stole my camry's fuel cover. I wonder what they want to use if for. angry

Had to get new one for 4k at ikokwu.
They obviously wanna make 4k.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Toyota Corolla's Brain Box Has Been Stolen! by gulfer: 8:02am On Nov 15, 2019
chillex8:
Golden rule of corolla ownership:

Never park a corolla outside the gate, no matter the circumstance, time of the day or predicament.

Sorry for your loss, and yes you will get a brainbox to match.
50% possibility you might even get your old brainbox
Chillex, you gat me reeling at the boldened grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: My Toyota Corolla's Brain Box Has Been Stolen! by SocialJustice: 8:07am On Nov 15, 2019
nototribalist:
Expert in the house, please is there a possibility for someone to put GPS in a brain box. Cos I want to buy corolla and I don't want a quarrel with brainbox thieves
It is not brain box alone they steal. Never ever park your corolla where thieves are comfortable accessing it.
Re: My Toyota Corolla's Brain Box Has Been Stolen! by egwekwe: 8:12am On Nov 15, 2019
Rubbiish:

Lols
U are funny
People shouldn't buy corolla & Camry?
If u remove corolla and Camry which car go remain for Nigeria?

That's why it's a booming business for thiefs.

Una too like Corolla/camry.
Re: My Toyota Corolla's Brain Box Has Been Stolen! by oladipuposadeeq(m): 8:14am On Nov 15, 2019
It isn't possible to install a GPS on the brain box besides the brain box itself cost about 45 but 50k max in Ladipo so installing a GPS on it would cost almost twice. Let's just hope it wont happen yp your car again.
Re: My Toyota Corolla's Brain Box Has Been Stolen! by oladipuposadeeq(m): 8:15am On Nov 15, 2019
It isn't possible to install a GPS on the brain box besides the brain box itself cost about 45 but 50k max in Ladipo so installing a GPS on it would cost almost twice. Let's just hope it wont happen to your car again.
Re: My Toyota Corolla's Brain Box Has Been Stolen! by AkwalaIke1: 8:19am On Nov 15, 2019
[s]
helinues:
Is your car brain box customised only for your Toyota Corrola?

Is this your first car? Look for better mechanics not all these hungry ones.. Or you might resort to push your car before working
[/s]
Re: My Toyota Corolla's Brain Box Has Been Stolen! by buzorcharles(m): 8:20am On Nov 15, 2019
Hedonini:
I don't know why people keep buying this car. The probability of vandalism and theft is just too high to justify whatever other advantages it might have.

Ordinarily to park this Corolla for outside beer parlour come rush two bottles of beer with peppersoup, na wahala. You fit finish come outside you no go see your car again. Complete nonsense.

so u don't know why many guy's are using it?
fuel economy
cheap parts
portable
parts availability
easy repair
strong

so with this few point of mine I strongly propose that by now u know the reason why guys buy Toyota corolla. thank you (bows and walk away)

3 Likes

Re: My Toyota Corolla's Brain Box Has Been Stolen! by femi4: 8:21am On Nov 15, 2019
PasD:
An okada man hit my door and damaged it...and though he admitted its his fault I let him go cos of mercy.
Parked my car (Toyota Corolla 2004 model) outside cos there were truvks blocking my gate that night and before morning thieves came and stole my brain box and many other things.

Now I have fixed other things remaining the brain box. The one I got today did not start the car. And the mechanic and electrician assured me that they will get the one that will fit.

My question is this, when I change the brain box will the car start giving issues or it will still work as it was before?

You buy car, you no fit put security ....na you know
Re: My Toyota Corolla's Brain Box Has Been Stolen! by Hoodbilonia: 8:26am On Nov 15, 2019
U 4 buy accord na.
Brain box .
Can never be the same again.
Nothing like direct from factory
Kazeems u go use u shine for xmas
Re: My Toyota Corolla's Brain Box Has Been Stolen! by stamapro(m): 8:27am On Nov 15, 2019
Toyota all the way, fear not bros, u will get anoda ECU, Good thinking, Good Product. Mumu thief, wey go steal brainbox, him think say na dat box dey do dey thinking!!
Re: My Toyota Corolla's Brain Box Has Been Stolen! by fredoooooo: 8:34am On Nov 15, 2019
chillex8:
Golden rule of corolla ownership:

Never park a corolla outside the gate, no matter the circumstance, time of the day or predicament.

Sorry for your loss, and yes you will get a brainbox to match.
50% possibility you might even get your old brainbox.

grin cheesy grin cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: My Toyota Corolla's Brain Box Has Been Stolen! by Greenback: 8:36am On Nov 15, 2019
PasD:

Why in the world would you park you corolla outside overnight?!?;
Re: My Toyota Corolla's Brain Box Has Been Stolen! by VicThory(m): 8:42am On Nov 15, 2019
PasD:

how much did u purchase the car pls
Re: My Toyota Corolla's Brain Box Has Been Stolen! by iamKeo(m): 8:44am On Nov 15, 2019
They thing is probably on its way to rivers to be used on speed boats.
Re: My Toyota Corolla's Brain Box Has Been Stolen! by CrownPrincehawk(m): 8:47am On Nov 15, 2019
First check the Internet for clue of brainbox that will match your Corolla model and where to buy.
Better still go to Toyota motor dealers for assistance. Pls try to get the correct version if you want to enjoy the car. Bro keep your car save because Nigerians love corolla as monkey love banana.
Re: My Toyota Corolla's Brain Box Has Been Stolen! by 8k2nuts: 8:53am On Nov 15, 2019
kuntash:
And this news made front page ?

Chai !

He needs help. Thus us what this forum should be doing not Davido shouts wizzy.

Important news and real life stories. Irrelevancies are a waste and should be left on the sections they are in.

3 Likes

Re: My Toyota Corolla's Brain Box Has Been Stolen! by ikennamadu1(m): 8:54am On Nov 15, 2019
cheesy
Stevengold:
The rate at which people steal is alarming, that's how they stole my camry's fuel cover. I wonder what they want to use if for. angry

Fuel cover kwa...

1 Like

Re: My Toyota Corolla's Brain Box Has Been Stolen! by airbrush: 9:04am On Nov 15, 2019
maasoap:

You didn't make sense. Just another bitter loser. Loser!

suffer head enjoy your riceless xmas 2019

1 Like

Re: My Toyota Corolla's Brain Box Has Been Stolen! by Maykanu: 9:18am On Nov 15, 2019
OgogoroFreak:
The guy say make we "Help"... Na we go help you buy brainbox abi weytin?

You even uploaded picture of the car sef. Why? shocked

U sounding like d thief here.
Re: My Toyota Corolla's Brain Box Has Been Stolen! by Udyawanga: 9:25am On Nov 15, 2019
Corolla car is is good and fuel ecomy, but that issue of its security is d major problem. A lot of stories. But whether you get a match brain box, is 99% possible. No cause for alarm
Re: My Toyota Corolla's Brain Box Has Been Stolen! by nonix22(m): 9:35am On Nov 15, 2019
haa, fuel cover too shocked shocked shocked
Stevengold:

Re: My Toyota Corolla's Brain Box Has Been Stolen! by OgogoroFreak(m): 9:44am On Nov 15, 2019
Maykanu:

U sounding like d thief here.
That's because, I am. Oya, come collect the brainbox from me. angry

If you like park your own senselessly, I go come "take" am too.
Re: My Toyota Corolla's Brain Box Has Been Stolen! by Nobody: 9:53am On Nov 15, 2019
PasD:

Most times wen brain box is changed in Nigeria, the car will never be the same.

Only Toyota can successfully change that ur brain box without wahala
Re: My Toyota Corolla's Brain Box Has Been Stolen! by gannod(m): 10:11am On Nov 15, 2019
Hedonini:
I don't know why people keep buying this car. The probability of vandalism and theft is just too high to justify whatever other advantages it might have.

Ordinarily to park this Corolla for outside beer parlour come rush two bottles of beer with peppersoup, na wahala. You fit finish come outside you no go see your car again. Complete nonsense.

grin grin grin
Re: My Toyota Corolla's Brain Box Has Been Stolen! by kamtrix(m): 10:16am On Nov 15, 2019
PasD:

mine got stolen too. thank God for insurance. axa mansard replaced it. You can get a good one for between 25-40k. It you see a good one for 25k, it was most likely also stoLen from another corolla but will work perfectly. Fake cheap ones will make you hate your car as they'll start causing problems. God bless you with wisdom
Re: My Toyota Corolla's Brain Box Has Been Stolen! by HolyHero: 10:24am On Nov 15, 2019
jaxxy:
This is the season of vandals for Toyota’s and Lexus, heighten ur security watch.
what kind of Lexus ? Lexus part are easy to steal too?
Re: My Toyota Corolla's Brain Box Has Been Stolen! by Lamanii22(f): 10:28am On Nov 15, 2019
PasD:

Ha... I'm so sorry about that... This morning thieves stole the brain boxes of many cars, mostly corolla in my zone... In jakande Estate, isolo area... I think it's cause it's festive period... Kpele

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Do You Prefer Some Old Models Cars To Their Successors? / Automatic Vs Manual My Experience. / Torrot: A Vehicle Made For Lagos Traffic

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.