Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,648 members, 7,861,992 topics. Date: Sunday, 16 June 2024 at 05:06 AM

Sowore Vs Buhari - The Guardian UK Calls Nigeria 'A Climate Of Fear' - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Sowore Vs Buhari - The Guardian UK Calls Nigeria 'A Climate Of Fear' (26176 Views)

Nnamdi Kanu’s British Passport Is In Kenya - The Guardian UK / American Blasts Nigerian Uber Driver For Hating On Trump, Calls Nigeria “trash” / Linda Thomas-Greenfield Calls Nigeria’s Politics An Old Men’s Club (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Sowore Vs Buhari - The Guardian UK Calls Nigeria 'A Climate Of Fear' by Prince001(m): 8:58pm On Nov 14, 2019
Bratking:
everytime I look at the picture of buhari, I am reminded of ibrahim, our gateman back in the day. they both have that typical abokii look. I don't know what possessed nigerians to vote for a gateman to rule us. this is what you get when you make a foolish decision.

One can be good gate man and be truthful. It's a job not a crime. Buhari is just disaster!

1 Like

Re: Sowore Vs Buhari - The Guardian UK Calls Nigeria 'A Climate Of Fear' by thundafire: 9:00pm On Nov 14, 2019
Whosoever supported dis man will not find peace,where is Ngeneukwenu to come and defend
Re: Sowore Vs Buhari - The Guardian UK Calls Nigeria 'A Climate Of Fear' by osazsky(m): 9:07pm On Nov 14, 2019
scribble:
Buhari the bastar.d demagogue bastardo
Buhari is d best thing that has happened to Nigeria, very proactive, do u know d numb of prostitutes that would have entered our country if the boarders were not closed
Re: Sowore Vs Buhari - The Guardian UK Calls Nigeria 'A Climate Of Fear' by Alanpoza007: 9:13pm On Nov 14, 2019
omenka:
He's a prominent journalist but he called for the OVERTHROW OF A CONSTITUTIONALLY ESTABLISHED GOVERNMENT.

It is called treason.

They say about three journalists currently in jail? Three?

Nigeria is probably a free country than the United States!!
The courts are there to interpret the law and the court has deemed him bailable yet the DSS refused to release him. I know you will never see anything wrong with that cos you get your daily bread from the present government, but it may the turn of someone close to you tomorrow. Buhari will leave by 2023 latest but Nigeria will still continue. At least make your conscience alive and try being objective while supporting an administration. Power is transient.

1 Like

Re: Sowore Vs Buhari - The Guardian UK Calls Nigeria 'A Climate Of Fear' by Staro: 9:20pm On Nov 14, 2019
Sad
Re: Sowore Vs Buhari - The Guardian UK Calls Nigeria 'A Climate Of Fear' by MEGAWATCH: 9:26pm On Nov 14, 2019
Kuginzi:

Sifia pain!!
You are suffering from psychological problem.
Since you've chose to die of hatred&pain, I have no option than to bid u farewell.

Go and live with your curse barawoo

1 Like

Re: Sowore Vs Buhari - The Guardian UK Calls Nigeria 'A Climate Of Fear' by Gerald454: 9:28pm On Nov 14, 2019
Kuginzi:

Thanks for ur analyses. It is because of the Igbos hatred and lack of proper education that made them to believe that a person can rise up to d rank of Major General in the Nigeria Army with O level. Lastly, The Igbos are easily brainwashed. So we need to teach d Igbos how to love one another through media evangelism

U are fighting ur self not igbos. Brainwash by Who? Bia....U have to throw some light and come up with ur evident, on how igbos are easily brainwashed. Don't just type because u have data and some cash to buy fuel, after ur brother promised that within six month, he will provide power supply all over Nigeria. Which kind brainwash pass that one. Nna speak with prove.
Re: Sowore Vs Buhari - The Guardian UK Calls Nigeria 'A Climate Of Fear' by TheStarsAlign: 9:42pm On Nov 14, 2019
Some cone heads will come now and say this reports are the works of PDP - PDP people have suffered sha.

Anyways, I wonder how the ex-coup plotter was able to fool some people so much that they'd even kill to defend him.

The only thing I can say is God should open their eyes.
Re: Sowore Vs Buhari - The Guardian UK Calls Nigeria 'A Climate Of Fear' by Kuginzi: 9:43pm On Nov 14, 2019
Gerald454:

U are fighting ur self not igbos. Brainwash by Who? Bia....U have to throw some light and come up with ur evident, on how igbos are easily brainwashed. Don't just type because u have data and some cash to buy fuel, after ur brother promised that within six month, he will provide power supply all over Nigeria. Which kind brainwash pass that one. Nna speak with prove.
Maazi Nnamdi Kanu brainwashed d Igbos. He asked d Igbos to contribute money for him to purchase arms & armunition, for him to destroy Nigeria, & realize Biafra. To my surprised, the Igbos believed him & raised d money for him. Unfortunately, he took d money away. "No Bafra. NO MONEY". That is how Kanu looted d Igbos
Re: Sowore Vs Buhari - The Guardian UK Calls Nigeria 'A Climate Of Fear' by Kuginzi: 9:47pm On Nov 14, 2019
MEGAWATCH:

Go and live with your curse barawoo
You are making no sense. Pls try again later

1 Like

Re: Sowore Vs Buhari - The Guardian UK Calls Nigeria 'A Climate Of Fear' by Gerald454: 9:48pm On Nov 14, 2019
You people were told that one illiterate from daura will make naira equal dollar, that fuel will be sold at 45, that the illiterate general is now a democrat the biggest scam in Nigeria history, that Nigeria will have full power supply in six months, that nothing like subsidy etc which brainwash and scam pass those stupid promises It was sold to professors of illiterates and the educated tribe believed the scam and brainwash. Now this donkey, said igbos are easily brainwashed.....if you dont have prove, you better shut the dirty thing you call mouth and bury ur head in shame.

1 Like

Re: Sowore Vs Buhari - The Guardian UK Calls Nigeria 'A Climate Of Fear' by meccuno: 9:55pm On Nov 14, 2019
Kuginzi:

Thanks for ur analyses. It is because of the Igbos hatred and lack of proper education that made them to believe that a person can rise up to d rank of Major General in the Nigeria Army with O level. Lastly, The Igbos are easily brainwashed. So we need to teach d Igbos how to love one another through media evangelism
he entered the army with recommendation from the principal of his school. The more you feel you are from the so called educated tribe,the more uninformed and ignorant you become .grin

1 Like

Re: Sowore Vs Buhari - The Guardian UK Calls Nigeria 'A Climate Of Fear' by Gerald454: 9:56pm On Nov 14, 2019
Kuginzi:

Maazi Nnamdi Kanu brainwashed d Igbos. He asked d Igbos to contribute money for him to purchase arms & armunition, for him to destroy Nigeria, & realize Biafra. To my surprised, the Igbos believed him & raised d money for him. Unfortunately, he took d money away. "No Bafra. NO MONEY". That is how Kanu looted d Igbos

Let me school you small on personal decisions. What ever i do with my money and time, should not be yoruba business. The money is mine, Mazi Nnandi kanu is my leader. The fund-raising account in USA, was design in a way that nobody will contribute more than 1 dollar. So, u still don't have evident in what u are saying. Because I contribute to that account and i can't contribute more than a dollar per month....please my dear make research about my claim and stop showing ur ignorance.
Re: Sowore Vs Buhari - The Guardian UK Calls Nigeria 'A Climate Of Fear' by tonididdy(m): 10:04pm On Nov 14, 2019
Am tired of talking because I keep mounting anger in my heart.

That being said... Let's enjoy whatever is dished at us, since we have all chosen to live in fear.
Re: Sowore Vs Buhari - The Guardian UK Calls Nigeria 'A Climate Of Fear' by Gerald454: 10:07pm On Nov 14, 2019
tonididdy:
Am tired of talking because I keep mounting anger in my heart.

That being said... Let's enjoy whatever is dished at us, since we have all chosen to live in fear.

We are bold and fearless people. We know the fearful tribe.
Re: Sowore Vs Buhari - The Guardian UK Calls Nigeria 'A Climate Of Fear' by tonididdy(m): 10:19pm On Nov 14, 2019
Gerald454:

Prolly you are referring to the Yorubaz.... But isn't this same alleged tyranny felt all over the nation. What have you done to champion a cause for correction?

At the end of it all, you are a coward.
Re: Sowore Vs Buhari - The Guardian UK Calls Nigeria 'A Climate Of Fear' by Gerald454: 10:25pm On Nov 14, 2019
tonididdy:

Prolly you are referring to the Yorubaz.... But isn't this same alleged tyranny felt all over the nation. What have you done to champion a cause for correction?

At the end of it all, you are a coward.

Nigeria have know path for correction.....The only correction we know, is to let Nigeria be for the Hausa and yoruba. So we make make our correction in biafraland......So u are the coward
Re: Sowore Vs Buhari - The Guardian UK Calls Nigeria 'A Climate Of Fear' by tonididdy(m): 10:31pm On Nov 14, 2019
Gerald454:

Nigeria have know path for correction.....The only correction we know, is to let Nigeria be for the Hausa and yoruba. So we make make our correction in biafraland......So u are the coward

Fantasy land you mean... Where is your coward of a leader. He can't even boldly attends his mother's funeral rites because of fear.

Anyway all I am saying is we are all cowards.

1 Like

Re: Sowore Vs Buhari - The Guardian UK Calls Nigeria 'A Climate Of Fear' by TheStarsAlign: 10:31pm On Nov 14, 2019
Gerald454:

Bro, the direction you're pushing the conversation may not necessarily be true. The problem with Nigeria is not about Yoruba being fearful. It is about how a few set of people with power manipulates majority of people by every means possible making them distracted and fighting each other. One of the strategy they use is fear.

You keep mentioning professors/educated people being swayed. We all know not many irrespective of what they know would challenge a crazy man with a gun - it's simply called wisdom. Moreover, we live in a country where votes don't really count (a system created by the same powerful few).

They dont want this to happen though, but the day everybody in Nigeria (especially youths) realized this and speak with one voice, that will mark a new beginning.

Just look at what happened in Bolivia.
Re: Sowore Vs Buhari - The Guardian UK Calls Nigeria 'A Climate Of Fear' by Gerald454: 10:34pm On Nov 14, 2019
We channel our effort toward achieving our own country. We dont have time to redeem Nigeria because it not redeemable. You can only redeem a country with unity and love. Lack of unity made sowore's revolution now failed. So we have to leave Nigeria for yoruba and their slave masters.
My dear ur country is a disgrace in d present of other nations.
Re: Sowore Vs Buhari - The Guardian UK Calls Nigeria 'A Climate Of Fear' by Gerald454: 10:38pm On Nov 14, 2019
TheStarsAlign:

Bro, the direction you're pushing the conversation may not necessarily be true. The problem with Nigeria is not about Yoruba being fearful. It is about how a few set of people with power manipulates majority of people by every means possible making them distracted and fighting each other.

You keep mentioning professors/educated people being swayed. We all know only not many irrespective of what they know would challenge a crazy man with a gun - it's simply wisdom. Moreover, we live in a country where votes don't really count (a system created by the powerful few I mentioned).

They dont want this to happen though, but the day everybody in Nigeria realized this and speak with one voice, that will mark a new beginning.

My anger is why yoruba people package an illiterate to become Nigeria President? The actions of that illiterate will take years to correct.
My brother, nations are recording success only Nigeria is moving backward in everything. Common court order buhari will not obey and you say I should not hold yorubas responsible for what is happening in Nigeria.
Re: Sowore Vs Buhari - The Guardian UK Calls Nigeria 'A Climate Of Fear' by Gerald454: 10:41pm On Nov 14, 2019
Who become Nigeria President is not an issue to me and my family because the country I am now, the president is not from my village or have I seen him once, but everything is working out fine.
Re: Sowore Vs Buhari - The Guardian UK Calls Nigeria 'A Climate Of Fear' by kokomilala(m): 10:44pm On Nov 14, 2019
An allusion to Wole Soyinka's 2004 Reith Lectures title Climate of Fear. Buhari is a failure of history. Twice he's failed history.
Re: Sowore Vs Buhari - The Guardian UK Calls Nigeria 'A Climate Of Fear' by ELibraryNG: 11:15pm On Nov 14, 2019
kokomilala:
An allusion to Wole Soyinka's 2004 Reith Lectures title Climate of Fear. Buhari is a failure of history. Twice he's failed history.

Climate of Fear: The Quest for Dignity in a Dehumanized World by Wole Soyinka

In this new book developed from the prestigious Reith Lectures, Nobel Prize—winning author Wole Soyinka, a courageous advocate for human rights around the world, considers fear as the dominant theme in world politics.

Decades ago, the idea of collective fear had a tangible face: the atom bomb. Today our shared anxiety has become far more complex and insidious, arising from tyranny, terrorism, and the invisible power of the “quasi state.” As Wole Soyinka suggests, the climate of fear that has enveloped the world was sparked long before September 11, 2001.

Rather, it can be traced to 1989, when a passenger plane was brought down by terrorists over the Republic of Niger. From Niger to lower Manhattan to Madrid, this invisible threat has erased distinctions between citizens and soldiers; we’re all potential targets now.

In this seminal work, Soyinka explores the implications of this climate of fear: the conflict between power and freedom, the motives behind unthinkable acts of violence, and the meaning of human dignity. Fascinating and disturbing, Climate of Fear is a brilliant and defining work for our age.

Download Here:- https://warlordbooks.com.ng/book/climate-of-fear-the-quest-for-dignity-in-a-dehumanized-world-by-wole-soyinka/

Re: Sowore Vs Buhari - The Guardian UK Calls Nigeria 'A Climate Of Fear' by BERNIMOORE: 11:40pm On Nov 14, 2019
NaijaRoyalty:
Lalasticlala, Mynd44

This thread is front page worthy ..

Buhari of 1983 is still the same now and foreve, A bloody tyrant and agent of darkness.

We warned Nigerians before the elections about how wicked buhari s but the APC BMC crew called us names [/b]
There was a Documentary by Ait on buhari that open up the wicked act of Buhari but Sowore Sahara reporters were used to counter all the fact contained im the documentary and reduced it to Hate speech But today Sowore is getting Rot in jail by a government he helped by propaganda What an irony grin
Re: Sowore Vs Buhari - The Guardian UK Calls Nigeria 'A Climate Of Fear' by Rolly22(m): 12:17am On Nov 15, 2019
nairalee:
I can't believe this is happening in 2019. Like we're in a "woke" era where everyone is now smarter, and voices are now louder yet one man is somewhere practicing Dictatorship in a democracy of hundreds of millions of people and yet everyone is quiet.

Are we even serious as a country?

I'm thoroughly disappointed

We shouldn't be a country in the first place.
Re: Sowore Vs Buhari - The Guardian UK Calls Nigeria 'A Climate Of Fear' by digitaltrades: 2:06am On Nov 15, 2019
Budaatum, may every difficulty bitterness, agony and pain brought upon Nigerians by buhari presidency be multiplied 100 folds upon you and your family, amen.

The evil that men do live with them.
Re: Sowore Vs Buhari - The Guardian UK Calls Nigeria 'A Climate Of Fear' by Nobody: 5:52am On Nov 15, 2019
BOMB! 95% of Nigerians depicts the BOTTOM PITS of foolishness...its so tiring being around a Nigerian everything is a joke to him,

He's carefree

He doesn't know thing is going backwards where he's domiciled...he doesn't know its a course for concern

He complains only when others complain....

He makes it a joke if others sees it as a joke...

He doesn't think for himself...if the politicians says its good for him then its good, if they said its bad then its bad

He believes everything on newspapers and tvs

He doesn't think outside the box

His UNDER POOR REASONING is a good breeding environment for wicked, corrupt and criminal politicians....

A NIGERIANS POOR MINDSET IS THE BEGINNING OF HIS PROBLEMS
Re: Sowore Vs Buhari - The Guardian UK Calls Nigeria 'A Climate Of Fear' by Beat123(f): 7:22am On Nov 15, 2019
This uk bloggers are made o!

Pmb is in uk chilling n uk paid bloggers are making noise
Re: Sowore Vs Buhari - The Guardian UK Calls Nigeria 'A Climate Of Fear' by Agboriotejoye(m): 7:32am On Nov 15, 2019
scrapNG:
FREE SOWORE PROTEST IN LONDON TODAY

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pyiuBF5SwFM
They should have taken the protest to that Abuja house where he is and smoked him out like a rat!!
Re: Sowore Vs Buhari - The Guardian UK Calls Nigeria 'A Climate Of Fear' by Kuginzi: 7:46am On Nov 15, 2019
Gerald454:

Let me school you small on personal decisions. What ever i do with my money and time, should not be yoruba business. The money is mine, Mazi Nnandi kanu is my leader. The fund-raising account in USA, was design in a way that nobody will contribute more than 1 dollar. So, u still don't have evident in what u are saying. Because I contribute to that account and i can't contribute more than a dollar per month....please my dear make research about my claim and stop showing ur ignorance.
Aww!! So there is an element of truth. I'm highly dissapointed. The educated ones like contributed. May God deliver u
Re: Sowore Vs Buhari - The Guardian UK Calls Nigeria 'A Climate Of Fear' by Kuginzi: 7:55am On Nov 15, 2019
meccuno:
he entered the army with recommendation from the principal of his school. The more you feel you are from the so called educated tribe,the more uninformed and ignorant you become .grin
Your hatred will make u not see d Truth. So u even believe Buhari went to school. I thought u said he is an illiterate! Haters are liable to hypertension

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

COVID-19 MURIC Warns Against Gatherings: 'Don’t Be More Muslim Than Muhammad’ / Enugu Airport Opening: Ugwuanyi Hosts Hadi Sirika And Authur Eze / Tinubu Has Joined The Canopy Campaign Club - Deji Adeyanju Mocks BAT

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.