Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,681 members, 7,827,518 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 12:59 PM

Lai Mohammed: No Going Back On Social Media Regulation - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Lai Mohammed: No Going Back On Social Media Regulation (19744 Views)

Celebrities React To Desmond Elliot Statement Over Social Media Regulation / Aisha Buhari Disagrees With Sultan, Insists On Social Media Regulation / Five Nigerian Senators Who Support Social Media Regulation (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lai Mohammed: No Going Back On Social Media Regulation by kuntash: 7:06am On Nov 15, 2019
Factfinder1:
I wish we have youths with balls like fela na to go burn down nass and beat those exualted looters....I hate the sets of dumb young people we have in Nigeria... especially the illiterates that sold their votes and will die defending all this old bulls and the ones who draw their inspiration from Instagram and worship celebrities senselessly

usssaaaaiiiii ,

They are more interested in

baba ijebu

betting

BBNAIJA

WIZKID & DAVIDO (whos richer)

sometimes I cant comprehend the manner in which many people reason in this enclave, seeing clearly that these level of reasoning is what the politicians use to torment the citizenry

1 Like

Re: Lai Mohammed: No Going Back On Social Media Regulation by ITbomb(m): 7:07am On Nov 15, 2019
Factfinder1:
I wish we have youths with balls like fela na to go burn down nass and beat those exualted looters....I hate the sets of dumb young people we have in Nigeria... especially the illiterates that sold their votes and will die defending all this old bulls and the ones who draw their inspiration from Instagram and worship celebrities senselessly
Thank you keyboard warrior with balls
Re: Lai Mohammed: No Going Back On Social Media Regulation by ibietela2(m): 7:09am On Nov 15, 2019
But this same man has said there's nothing like this and no plan for it

1 Like

Re: Lai Mohammed: No Going Back On Social Media Regulation by Cyoung4real(m): 7:11am On Nov 15, 2019
Thunder, can't you fire this imbe?

1 Like

Re: Lai Mohammed: No Going Back On Social Media Regulation by uzoexcel(m): 7:11am On Nov 15, 2019
Factfinder1:
what did you do in your youthful days to set an example for the people looking up to U.

1 Like

Re: Lai Mohammed: No Going Back On Social Media Regulation by Factfinder1(m): 7:13am On Nov 15, 2019
uzoexcel:

what did you do in your youthful days to set an example for the people looking up to U.

I'm still in mid 20s and I bet I've done and will do what 20,000 senseless Nigerian youths can't do

2 Likes

Re: Lai Mohammed: No Going Back On Social Media Regulation by Factfinder1(m): 7:14am On Nov 15, 2019
ITbomb:

Thank you keyboard warrior with balls

Everyone is not a coward I was in the sowore protest here in Abuja fee days ago...I guess you where in one betnaija shop then or somewhere on nairaland surpporting buhari and yahaya bello

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lai Mohammed: No Going Back On Social Media Regulation by LegoxMetahuman: 7:15am On Nov 15, 2019
Sanchez01:
APC is useless sha. Of all things, social media regulation is their problem. Some of us made a grave mistake of voting Buhari in the 2015 election. Mehn!
buhari is a big big mistake sad sad

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lai Mohammed: No Going Back On Social Media Regulation by anonimi: 7:17am On Nov 15, 2019
ZombieTERROR:
Nothing will stop me from saying the truth...

Lai Muhammad is a serial looter and a liar ..

Buhari rubber stamp Senate should give us death by firing squad for corrupt politicians if truly Buhari was serious about fighting corruption...like its done in China..

But No... We are just fooling ourselves
Rubbish

www.nairaland.com/attachments/3780067_laimohammed_jpeg300b471b25482013ab7308bb90f73215

www.nairaland.com/attachments/3780070_liem_jpege485f2032048d0d996748390ad8da0b9

www.nairaland.com/attachments/3475931_apc_jpegac400acfc063c990eecab1effb6ce5fc

1 Like

Re: Lai Mohammed: No Going Back On Social Media Regulation by jaxxy(m): 7:17am On Nov 15, 2019
This unintelligent Government wants to become democratic dictators. We will see where it leads them.

If social media has to be regulated it shud be by humans rights and free speech advocates and stakeholders not a colossal failure of a government with no tolerance to free speech.

1 Like

Re: Lai Mohammed: No Going Back On Social Media Regulation by Xisnin(m): 7:18am On Nov 15, 2019

“We are not alone in doing this. Countries around the world are as concerned as we are, and they are doing something about the social media. The list is long: Germany, UK, Singapore, China, South Korea, Uganda, Tanzania, Kenya, Zambia, etc,” the minister said. He said the campaign against fake news and hate speech had assumed a heightened dimension.

Lie Muhamed doing what he knows best.
No single democratic country is making laws to jail or kill citizens over social media posts.

What an excuse of a minister.

2 Likes

Re: Lai Mohammed: No Going Back On Social Media Regulation by anonimi: 7:19am On Nov 15, 2019
LegoxMetahuman:
buhari is a big big mistake sad sad

Some of us knew and warned others but they called us names.
So sorry for those who would not listen in 2015. So sorry for them and us all.

www.nairaland.com/attachments/3234361_fbimg1450823846843_jpegccc7ea9d509141b638a64535ab185d08

www.nairaland.com/attachments/2091052_2084712obama4jpeg0846bececdee51cd258847b713b916e6_jpegd27f893bccf38657d36ce7d37daaa943

2 Likes

Re: Lai Mohammed: No Going Back On Social Media Regulation by Cheryph200(m): 7:21am On Nov 15, 2019
Lemme say this one before they pass the bill.

It will not better for all the politician that came hardship in Nigeria... People are suffering... This is too much... Na social media (nairaland) I dey use wipe away frustration .

Please anyone with work should help my life oooo
Re: Lai Mohammed: No Going Back On Social Media Regulation by anonimi: 7:21am On Nov 15, 2019
ibietela2:
But this same man has said there's nothing like this and no plan for it

Lies as usual from the Alliance of Past/Present Crooks, APC.

www.nairaland.com/attachments/3356469_screenshot20160131120000_jpeg639beaec46d4ced684f639998a489af2

1 Like

Re: Lai Mohammed: No Going Back On Social Media Regulation by LegoxMetahuman: 7:22am On Nov 15, 2019
[s]
anonimi:

Some of us knew and warned others but they called us names.
So sorry for those who would not listen in 2015. So sorry for them and us
[/s]shut the fhuck up gej buttlicker

we do not regret voting your drunk corrupt drunkard out.
Re: Lai Mohammed: No Going Back On Social Media Regulation by uzoexcel(m): 7:22am On Nov 15, 2019
Factfinder1:

I'm still in mid 20s and I bet I've done and will do what 20,000 senseless Nigerian youths can't do
point is YOU STILL A YOUTH. set an example by hitting the streets and not hitting your keyboard

1 Like

Re: Lai Mohammed: No Going Back On Social Media Regulation by Xisnin(m): 7:22am On Nov 15, 2019
Brandstudio01:
shocked
In as much as im not in support of The Federal Government, the problem is a large number of senseless youths on Social Media who cannot define the common boundary between senseless talks and constrictive criticism.

Some comments sucks. Because some of the us were giving nothing to say either by their actual environment in life, the school system or our parents. Which is why today we have a Government who feel they can do anything and get away with it

You made no sense.
People are free to say nonsense whether on social media or in life interactions.
Just because you don't like a comment doesn't make it wrong.
Many people also think your comments suck.
Would you like to go jail or be hanged on such subjective points?

The question is whether what they say is illegal to begin with.
We already have laws against libel to cover that.

If you asked the proponent of this bill to define "hate speech" and give examples
in the Nigerian context, they can't.

2 Likes

Re: Lai Mohammed: No Going Back On Social Media Regulation by anonimi: 7:23am On Nov 15, 2019
Sanchez01:
APC is useless sha. Of all things, social media regulation is their problem. Some of us made a grave mistake of voting Buhari in the 2015 election. Mehn!

www.nairaland.com/attachments/3589606_fbimg1458848436888_jpeg0d51a6ed0a0d14cea0bf7a6d73ba0698

2 Likes

Re: Lai Mohammed: No Going Back On Social Media Regulation by anonimi: 7:25am On Nov 15, 2019
LegoxMetahuman:
[s][/s]shut the fhuck up gej buttlicker

we do not regret voting your drunk corrupt drunkard out.

Whatever rocks your boat and makes you sleep well at night on barawo bubu's poverty economy. cheesy

www.nairaland.com/attachments/4184367_img20160901212519_jpeg78b79ce1d41276755a59631319a61753

3 Likes

Re: Lai Mohammed: No Going Back On Social Media Regulation by Xisnin(m): 7:25am On Nov 15, 2019
Mrsserene:
The only people pained by this new rule are bitter people or people that feed from spreading false news and hate. I have been wondering why such people are going unpunished in this country. Dear FG, start with Nairaland hate vendors!

Can you define hate?
What is false news?

Just because you don't like a news doesn't make it wrong.
Under a different government, you would be in jail.

2 Likes

Re: Lai Mohammed: No Going Back On Social Media Regulation by AdeniyiA(m): 7:26am On Nov 15, 2019
Only revolution can set this country free from these Clueless and visionless leaders.

There's no going back on industrialization, employment creation and youths engagement, but on silencing them when they try to engage themselves on social sites. Nature abhors vacuum, useless govt always use the money they're supposed to use in empowering the youths/people to fight/kill them when the youths engage themselves in anothet endeavors since the govt is useless.
I hate it with passion when they mention other countries when they're about to enact oppressive policies but not when they are about to change the country to be like the mentioned countries.

In all i blame the docile youths who have allowed these useless politicians to divide them along ethnic and religious lines, thereby depriving us of single voice. Our govt has weaponize poverty inorder to achieve their evil agenda.

We need to lock down this country, no vehicular movement, with that security forces that oppress will not have unrestricted movt.
I AM EXTREMELY ANGRY WITH OUR CORRUPT AND VISIONLESS LEADERS unfortunately they keep recycling themselves in power while we sit and look and our future is being mortgage. HOW LONG NIGERIANS? angry

5 Likes

Re: Lai Mohammed: No Going Back On Social Media Regulation by anonimi: 7:27am On Nov 15, 2019
AccessME:
I just laugh u guys cos u'll obviously can't sense the game they trying to play. I see Buhari contesting for a third term and they don't want any opposition or hate comments at all and we'all know Buhari is now in control of both the legislative and the judiciary which he has always wanted to help him aid and abet his evil agendas and behold it's about to start taking effect. Be ready Nigerians, just be ready.. We've not seen the worst from that Dictator.

[img]https://3.bp..com/-BYRS5lEVrD0/XGyQHvmZApI/AAAAAAAADtU/vr52xfzKT_8y8-pCqJOvVr_r05ZAy_eTQCLcBGAs/s1600/images%2B%25281%2529.jpg[/img]

www.nairaland.com/attachments/4884294_mistake_jpeg702a2602bc7f166e23ca39e4552fd42f

1 Like

Re: Lai Mohammed: No Going Back On Social Media Regulation by Stakeholders(m): 7:28am On Nov 15, 2019
Centcanada:
My happiness is that you people are doing it to affact the common man because they don't have voice that will speak for them. Lie Muhammed you re naming countries that are supporting Nigeria to fight social media. My announce with you lie Muhammed is that you don't see even as you use classes and you can still hear that Germany has been a problem to this country but you people will not see all because of selfish reasons. A common man will always succeed no matter how they oppressed them. Let's see how the bill will scale through. Bit mind you, Power will not be in the hand of APC forever except we are not serving a living God. Let us see and know who will prevail at last. *Wicked blood sucking blood party.*

This is what we are saying you can't criticized constructively without abuse, you have say your opinion why ending it with Wicked blood sucking party? the fact that you didn't like the party doesn't mean that you should be saying such let be cautious please so that nairaland will not be their first target
Re: Lai Mohammed: No Going Back On Social Media Regulation by anonimi: 7:29am On Nov 15, 2019
Mrsserene:
The only people pained by this new rule are bitter people or people that feed from spreading false news and hate. I have been wondering why such people are going unpunished in this country. Dear FG, start with Nairaland hate vendors!

www.nairaland.com/attachments/9989184_cdatausersdefappsappdatainternetexplorertempsavedimages9785690609608920171012093730jpege4cba376a41da78a7f3ef255a9f63829jpegd3f2f086b399ebdb74aa1d796f090154_jpegdfb246caf3d8886cef6dc17a4f43d617

1 Like

Re: Lai Mohammed: No Going Back On Social Media Regulation by Akpacha(m): 7:32am On Nov 15, 2019
Brandstudio01:
shocked
In as much as im not in support of The Federal Government, the problem is a large number of senseless youths on Social Media who cannot define the common boundary between senseless talks and constrictive criticism.

Some comments sucks. Because some of the us were giving nothing to say either by their actual environment in life, the school system or our parents. Which is why today we have a Government who feel they can do anything and get away with it

Anyway, I will Build a Professional Logo for your Product or Company For 2k Only. Offer valid while promo Lasts. See my info below to Chat me up.
Pay on Delivery
That's y they should approve death by hanging? And boko harams are been released and enlisted into Nigeria Army, talk of double standard. Shame of a nation.
Re: Lai Mohammed: No Going Back On Social Media Regulation by badonkadonk: 7:32am On Nov 15, 2019
agwom:
The Federal Government says criticisms will not stop it from going ahead with its planned efforts to sanitise the social media space. The Minister of Information and Culture, Lai Mohammed, stated this on Thursday when he met with the Guild of Corporate Online Publishers in Abuja.

“We are not alone in doing this. Countries around the world are as concerned as we are, and they are doing something about the social media. The list is long: Germany, UK, Singapore, China, South Korea, Uganda, Tanzania, Kenya, Zambia, etc,” the minister said. He said the campaign against fake news and hate speech had assumed a heightened dimension.

“We have been monitoring the debate. Some analysts and commentators have supported our plan; while others have opposed it. An interesting part of the debate has been that even those who oppose the regulation have acknowledged the dangers inherent in the irresponsible use of the social media, especially by anarchists and non-patriots. We thank everyone who has spoken out, and we hope the debate will continue”, he said. He said the government had not announced how it planned to go about the regulation because it would not be a unilateral process.

“It will involve all stakeholders coming together to chart the path forward. Let me announce here that we have just kick-started the process. We have dispatched letters inviting representatives of the media, civil society, technology and security experts, online publishers, bloggers, relevant agencies of government, etc, for this purpose,” he said. He said the government was exploring many options open to it in regulating the social media, stressing that apart from enacting new laws, we can also leverage on technology, working with the big techies like Facebook, Twitter, Whatsapp, Istagram to check the spread of fake news and hate speech.

Read more: https://www.dailytrust.com.ng/no-going-back-on-social-media-regulation-fg.html

Same social media that brought this government into power?

This people are sick in the head,.
Re: Lai Mohammed: No Going Back On Social Media Regulation by klax(m): 7:34am On Nov 15, 2019
Abba Kalahari + Buhari you lied!!! We will fight you to a standstill. You want to turn Nigeria to Iraq of Saddam bah Oga you lied
Re: Lai Mohammed: No Going Back On Social Media Regulation by Sanchez01: 7:36am On Nov 15, 2019
anonimi:

www.nairaland.com/attachments/3589606_fbimg1458848436888_jpeg0d51a6ed0a0d14cea0bf7a6d73ba0698
I don't play your kind of politics, anonimi. For the record, I was very much active in the APC before pulling out on my will. I wasn't kicked out like some of you who lost everything after the APC won. I'll only criticize objectively and not do so out of pure resentment and sentiment.
Re: Lai Mohammed: No Going Back On Social Media Regulation by Factfinder1(m): 7:37am On Nov 15, 2019
uzoexcel:

point is YOU STILL A YOUTH. set an example by hitting the streets and not hitting your keyboard

I was in dss office to protest for sowore this week how many have you been to?
Re: Lai Mohammed: No Going Back On Social Media Regulation by TechX1: 7:39am On Nov 15, 2019
Ok
Re: Lai Mohammed: No Going Back On Social Media Regulation by Johnnyessence(m): 7:41am On Nov 15, 2019
The same hate speech that brought you to the corridors of power, it will never work in Nigeria. We are not mumu now.
Re: Lai Mohammed: No Going Back On Social Media Regulation by Qadaffi2idiamin: 7:43am On Nov 15, 2019
These guys take the whole nation for a ride and yet some very sparkling brainy youths have decided to come to their defense.

I bet you, this nation is about to crash. Read what led to the civil war, Lai Mohammed, buhari, tinubu were all hate speech promoters, now they want the death penalty for offenders?

Stupid set of leaders and clownish scalawags

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Nigeria-China N720 Billion Currency Swap Collapses / Voting Start In Lagos APC Gubernatorial Primary Election / OPC Launches Online Radio, Magazine

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 90
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.