Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,764 members, 7,809,941 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 05:34 PM

Lai Mohammed: No Going Back On Social Media Regulation - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Lai Mohammed: No Going Back On Social Media Regulation (19709 Views)

Celebrities React To Desmond Elliot Statement Over Social Media Regulation / Aisha Buhari Disagrees With Sultan, Insists On Social Media Regulation / Five Nigerian Senators Who Support Social Media Regulation (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lai Mohammed: No Going Back On Social Media Regulation by 8stargeneral: 9:58am On Nov 15, 2019
Apc, u can not can.
Re: Lai Mohammed: No Going Back On Social Media Regulation by Follybanty: 9:59am On Nov 15, 2019
Their are better law to be implemented for Nigeria to move forward this criminals will not want to do something that will affect them buhari is tyrant
Re: Lai Mohammed: No Going Back On Social Media Regulation by Hangulsaram: 10:43am On Nov 15, 2019
Brandstudio01:
shocked
[b]In as much as im not in support of The Federal Government, the problem is a large number of senseless youths on Social Media who cannot define the common boundary between senseless talks and constrictive criticism.

Some comments sucks. Because some of the us were giving nothing to say either by their actual environment in life, the school system or our parents. Which is why today we have a Government who feel they can do anything and get away with it

Anyway, I will Build a Professional Logo for your Product or Company For 2k Only. Offer valid while promo Lasts. See my info below to Chat me up.
Pay on Delivery[/b]
And you think you made sense abi?

2 Likes

Re: Lai Mohammed: No Going Back On Social Media Regulation by IMAliyu(m): 10:55am On Nov 15, 2019
The fact that people don't see the risk of the people in power using this bill for Government propaganda and silencing all opposition is very troubling.
First off, very precisely define fake news and hate speech without any room for ambiguity. And in this post truth world of social media who gets to decide what information is real or fake, the government?
And discuss how this bill will affect free speech.

As for regulating social media... Good luck with that.
Do you expect Twitter, Facebook, Whatsapp(facebook) etc. with user privacy agreement to just release information to the Nigerian government?

1 Like

Re: Lai Mohammed: No Going Back On Social Media Regulation by taiyeayodeji: 11:24am On Nov 15, 2019
first of all, the bill is a right move but we must be watchful so that the government don't use it to their advantage.there is regulation of freedom of expression everywhere in the world.you can't say because you have freedom of speech and you spread very fake news that can cause disorderliness and blood shed.There are some words you can't use on social media in Germany.its an offence to use such words even thou you have freedom of speech in the country, we see people making hating speech , writing without thinking.we shud not politicise everything.on the other hand , the people must be watchful so that the government do not use it for their gain.
Re: Lai Mohammed: No Going Back On Social Media Regulation by mark2sunny(m): 11:26am On Nov 15, 2019
ZombieTERROR:
Nothing will stop me from saying the truth...

Lai Muhammad is a serial looter and a liar ..

Buhari rubber stamp Senate should give us death by firing squad for corrupt politicians if truly Buhari was serious about fighting corruption...like its done in China..

But No... We are just fooling ourselves
Rubbish

With a monetised judiciary? They'll just execute Sowore and anyone who isn't for them.
Re: Lai Mohammed: No Going Back On Social Media Regulation by Angrymode: 11:30am On Nov 15, 2019
LIE Muhammed is a Liar

Is my statement a fake news, hate speech or simply the truth?

See old man way mumu undecided
Re: Lai Mohammed: No Going Back On Social Media Regulation by inspitation: 12:22pm On Nov 15, 2019
OYA COME AND ARREST ME LAIR MOHAMMED THUNDER FIRE YOU AND THAT YOUR BIG MOUTH
Re: Lai Mohammed: No Going Back On Social Media Regulation by DeOTR: 12:54pm On Nov 15, 2019
I've been saying it. This country will break under Buhari. It's only then their eyes go clear. Wait and see!
Re: Lai Mohammed: No Going Back On Social Media Regulation by Nobody: 1:09pm On Nov 15, 2019
NonFarmPayrol:
Gej warned you guys

Nuff said

Naija is back to 1983

The azzlickers have gone quiet
No bill to regulate unemployment by creating jobs
No bill to ensure adequate power supply
No bill to improve our educational system
No bill to keep our roads in good condition

Useless country with foolish leaders

They won't see the bolded.

But they will see social media criticism or look for Yahoo boys that received $1,000 from abroad.
Re: Lai Mohammed: No Going Back On Social Media Regulation by Southsoul: 1:16pm On Nov 15, 2019
My Naija people una Don learn or Una still dey expect upper level una go divorce nijiriya at the Right time
Re: Lai Mohammed: No Going Back On Social Media Regulation by Chubhie: 1:31pm On Nov 15, 2019
we can also leverage on technology, working with the big techies like Facebook, Twitter, Whatsapp, Istagram to check the spread of fake news and hate speech.
We're all safe as Nairaland wasn't mentioned.
Re: Lai Mohammed: No Going Back On Social Media Regulation by johnkey: 2:13pm On Nov 15, 2019
obembet:
APC use social media to fight PDP, now they want to close it down. I know Sowore is one of thier major target cos they know that coming back of Sowore will finish them. Let see how it goes..

Look that this hungry and smiling boy. No money, no Job. Yet u dey support Buhari up-and-down
Can't wait to watch the movie unfolds. So has your wish about loving again come true? You deserve to be loved 100%
Re: Lai Mohammed: No Going Back On Social Media Regulation by ultimatekint(m): 3:18pm On Nov 15, 2019
Mrsserene:
The only people pained by this new rule are bitter people or people that feed from spreading false news and hate. I have been wondering why such people are going unpunished in this country. Dear FG, start with Nairaland hate vendors!
Thunder fire you.
Re: Lai Mohammed: No Going Back On Social Media Regulation by obembet(f): 5:51pm On Nov 15, 2019
johnkey:
Can't wait to watch the movie unfolds. So has your wish about loving again come true? You deserve to be loved 100%

I pray too
Re: Lai Mohammed: No Going Back On Social Media Regulation by prospect11(m): 9:07pm On Nov 15, 2019
Hi let me introduce you to an interesting and entertaining WhatsApp TV.
They give you the latest news, gist, gossip etc.
Click the link below and you will see the wonder going on there
https:///2348157859519?text=Hello%20I'm%20interested%20in%20joining%20ProspectTV%20my%20name%20is%20

Weekly giveaway inclusive too.
Re: Lai Mohammed: No Going Back On Social Media Regulation by Dreadful: 9:45pm On Nov 15, 2019
A very useless country called nigeria
Spits*
Re: Lai Mohammed: No Going Back On Social Media Regulation by OyinO: 10:07pm On Nov 15, 2019
Was it not through hate speech they removed GEJ from seat? Nemesis is coming, and you want to avert and avoid it at all costs? What you give to the universe is what you get from her.
Re: Lai Mohammed: No Going Back On Social Media Regulation by johnkey: 2:01am On Nov 16, 2019
obembet:

I pray too
Your prayers have been answered. Wanna chat in private?
Re: Lai Mohammed: No Going Back On Social Media Regulation by Mrsserene: 6:16pm On Nov 16, 2019
ultimatekint:
Thunder fire you.
Another child of hate spotted �
Re: Lai Mohammed: No Going Back On Social Media Regulation by ultimatekint(m): 7:07pm On Nov 16, 2019
Mrsserene:

Another child of hate spotted �
fire lame you.
Re: Lai Mohammed: No Going Back On Social Media Regulation by BobiNick(m): 7:17pm On Nov 16, 2019
ZombieTERROR:
Nothing will stop me from saying the truth...

Lai Muhammad is a serial looter and a liar ..

Buhari rubber stamp Senate should give us death by firing squad for corrupt politicians if truly Buhari was serious about fighting corruption...like its done in China..

But No... We are just fooling ourselves
Rubbish

Do you mean death penalty for corrupt opposition politicians? Because to the best of my knowledge, in this regime, only the opposition parties are corrupt.
Re: Lai Mohammed: No Going Back On Social Media Regulation by Azmanaty: 7:44pm On Nov 16, 2019
sonature1:
I am not a fan of Lai Mohammed, but I will always tell people: "No man deserves total freedom."

If people live in a clime where they can do whatever they like and get away with it, it's a metaphor for disaster.

We need to curb fake news in this country.

Akuko! Abeg shift
Re: Lai Mohammed: No Going Back On Social Media Regulation by Pavarottii(m): 8:33pm On Nov 16, 2019
JoeMaddog:
grin
be laughing there will be no nairaland to post that ur laughter

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Yahaya Bello: EndSARS Protest Is Politically Motivated For 2023 Elections / Igbo Community In Finland Demands Probe, Trial Of Simon Ekpa Over Killings / Reuben Abati On Dame Patience In 2010

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.