Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,737 members, 7,809,825 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 03:30 PM

Stepmother And Herbalist Burn Teenage Boy’s Hand, Over Claims He Is A Wizard - Crime (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Stepmother And Herbalist Burn Teenage Boy’s Hand, Over Claims He Is A Wizard (22428 Views)

Man Arrested For Killing Pregnant Stepmother And Her 8-Year-Old Daughter In Kano / 7-Year-Old Boy's Hand Cut Off In Kwara By A Suspected Ritualist (Graphic Photo) / Hospital Attendant And Herbalist Arrested For Stealing Baby’s Placenta In Kwara (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Stepmother And Herbalist Burn Teenage Boy’s Hand, Over Claims He Is A Wizard by Dobson43: 4:13pm On Nov 15, 2019
angry
Re: Stepmother And Herbalist Burn Teenage Boy’s Hand, Over Claims He Is A Wizard by Hypocrit: 4:14pm On Nov 15, 2019
Too bad, some persons are still yet to be enlightened.

And is even worst that some will never be enlightened, even till their grey age, or even in their after life.

I think science needed to improve to the level that the brain can be open physically and data uploaded into it rather than gradual learning process because, ...

Some persons will never learn no matter what.

Also, the act of zombifying some special persons not to ever make their own decision except the one made for them, will also help, just as it is helping some persons including some mods here on nairaland to be mediocers at heart.
Re: Stepmother And Herbalist Burn Teenage Boy’s Hand, Over Claims He Is A Wizard by grandstar(m): 4:18pm On Nov 15, 2019
MrCork:

..but why r ibo women burning babies? (No oofeense) undecided

It happened in Nassarawa state and the boy's name is Ovey which I very much doubt is Igbo. It sounds Middle Belt.

I'm Yoruba by the way. Bigotry is bad
Re: Stepmother And Herbalist Burn Teenage Boy’s Hand, Over Claims He Is A Wizard by frozen70g(f): 4:19pm On Nov 15, 2019
Both the step mum and the herbalist should be amputated from shoulder down

How can the dad an okada ride get emergency money to cone home from lagos to Nassarawa just like that
Re: Stepmother And Herbalist Burn Teenage Boy’s Hand, Over Claims He Is A Wizard by Nobody: 4:20pm On Nov 15, 2019
Illiteracy is a disease...

It is an epidemic with women shocked shocked
Re: Stepmother And Herbalist Burn Teenage Boy’s Hand, Over Claims He Is A Wizard by MrCork: 4:22pm On Nov 15, 2019
grandstar:

It happened in Nassarawa state and the boy's name is Ovey which I very much doubt is Igbo. It sounds Middle Belt.

.but ibo people need to stop burning children sir..(read the post)....this is not nollywood(No oofeense)
angry

1 Like

Re: Stepmother And Herbalist Burn Teenage Boy’s Hand, Over Claims He Is A Wizard by Olaolex: 4:23pm On Nov 15, 2019
Joylessness everywhere

Some people we be like "go and ask of me from my neighbors, I don't laugh with anybody ooo"

Re: Stepmother And Herbalist Burn Teenage Boy’s Hand, Over Claims He Is A Wizard by AfroKnight: 4:25pm On Nov 15, 2019
Do not underestimate the wickedness of women especially when they have step-children and housegirls.

A man should always protect his children from the high handed tendencies of their stepmother.
Re: Stepmother And Herbalist Burn Teenage Boy’s Hand, Over Claims He Is A Wizard by pek(m): 4:34pm On Nov 15, 2019
MrCork:

If only you will reason without hatred, you will know the people involved are not Igbo.
Re: Stepmother And Herbalist Burn Teenage Boy’s Hand, Over Claims He Is A Wizard by Nobody: 4:35pm On Nov 15, 2019
What a repulsive step mother! Get well soon OVEY my EGGON brother.
Re: Stepmother And Herbalist Burn Teenage Boy’s Hand, Over Claims He Is A Wizard by Davidzy23(m): 4:41pm On Nov 15, 2019
Am not surprised... When the child is not Her's, how would she feel the pain.. Stepmothers!!!
Now that boy is handless...

Re: Stepmother And Herbalist Burn Teenage Boy’s Hand, Over Claims He Is A Wizard by Nobody: 4:41pm On Nov 15, 2019
grandstar:

Ovey is an Eggon name , meaning happy . It a Middle Belt name from EGGON People of NASARAWA STATE.
Re: Stepmother And Herbalist Burn Teenage Boy’s Hand, Over Claims He Is A Wizard by MrCork: 4:46pm On Nov 15, 2019
pek:
If only you will reason without hatred, you will know the people involved are not Igbo.

bro but cant u see the face? The face spek for itself(No oofeense) angry
Re: Stepmother And Herbalist Burn Teenage Boy’s Hand, Over Claims He Is A Wizard by grandstar(m): 4:48pm On Nov 15, 2019
Lenadiva:
Ovey is an Eggon name , meaning happy . It a Middle Belt name from EGGON People of NASARAWA STATE.

Thank you

1 Like

Re: Stepmother And Herbalist Burn Teenage Boy’s Hand, Over Claims He Is A Wizard by TOPCRUISE(m): 4:51pm On Nov 15, 2019
It will be injustice if they are only jailed for an attempted murder
Re: Stepmother And Herbalist Burn Teenage Boy’s Hand, Over Claims He Is A Wizard by Mcuzy(m): 4:55pm On Nov 15, 2019
MrCork:

so Nassarawa don turn Ibo place abi?
Must u be racist in everything even if she is Ibo(which she is not) does that mean every Ibo woman is wicked I'm sure som1 from ur tribe has done evil things . Grow up
Re: Stepmother And Herbalist Burn Teenage Boy’s Hand, Over Claims He Is A Wizard by cococandy(f): 4:56pm On Nov 15, 2019
Jail them forever and throw away the keys.
Re: Stepmother And Herbalist Burn Teenage Boy’s Hand, Over Claims He Is A Wizard by MrCork: 4:57pm On Nov 15, 2019
Mcuzy:
so Nassarawa don turn Ibo place abi?
Must u be racist in everything even if she is Ibo(which she is not) does that mean every Ibo woman is wicked I'm sure som1 from ur tribe has done evil things . Grow up

...bro am from London...never heard of nawawanawawa!!( what language he spekin?) undecided
Re: Stepmother And Herbalist Burn Teenage Boy’s Hand, Over Claims He Is A Wizard by selfdefence: 4:57pm On Nov 15, 2019
This is a sad one, see the fine boy fa cry ,now h no get hand to press beta phone like camon 12 cry
joshcaleb200:
13-year-old Ovey Friday pictured below has lost both his hands after his stepmother took him to a native doctor and coals of fire were heaped on his tied hands after he was accused of being a wizard.

The stepmother had accused him of sleeping with her in the dream and she needed him to confess and also get the spirit out of him. She took him to her native doctor in Wulko Community, Nasarawa Eggon Local Government Area, Nasarawa State where hot coals were placed on his tied hands. The incident led to a permanent deformity of his right hand while the left hand was amputated at an Abuja hospital yesterday November 14th.

Spokesperson of the Nasarawa state Ministry of Youths, Eche Amos, who shared the news on his Facebook page this morning, said the suspects have been arrested by the Police and will soon be charged to court for ''culpable homicide.''

To the glory of God, 13-year-old Ovey Friday, a victim of domestic violence from Wulko Community, Nasarawa Eggon Local Government Area, Nasarawa State, had a successful operation at Cedar Crest Hospitals, Abuja(all expenses paid).

His left hand was amputated below the elbow to save his life.

Ovey, whose biological mother is now late, was accused of witchcraft by his step-mother who alleged that the teenager was making love to her in her dreams, an allegation the young boy repeatedly denied.
He was then taken for exorcism where, with the collusion of a native doctor, Ovey's hands were tied together and coals of fire poured on them to force him to confess to the allegation, yet, he claimed his innocence.

The effect of the burns led to Ovey's (left) hand's amputation and permanent deformity on the other(right) as it had degenerated into gangrene.

While Ovey's father, Friday Dio, an okada rider based in Lagos is yet to surface since this incident happened, all the suspects involved in this abominable act have been arrested by the Police and will soon be charged to court for culpable homicide.

Efforts are underway to fix a prosthetic hand for him.
This is an expensive task, but HUMANITY will always be first!!!

Source: https://www.ogbeta.ng/2019/11/stepmother-and-herbalist-burn-teenage.html
Re: Stepmother And Herbalist Burn Teenage Boy’s Hand, Over Claims He Is A Wizard by kingxsamz(m): 5:10pm On Nov 15, 2019
OladimejiRufai:
Subhanallah!

This is what happens in a society where ignorance is rampant. This is what happens in a society where Imes is needed.

The Prophet said (and he rightly said) that dreams are divided into three;

The ones from Allaah, meaning the ones from the God which he causes people to see of "revelation" or glad tidings or warns of future calamities..

The ones from the devil, which the devil causes people to see to cause them anxiety or sow discord in their hearts towards others.

And the ones from subconscious or those which arise as a result of what people think. Examples of these are wet dreams, sexual fantasies and day-dreaming.

The step mother's dream was one of the last two and what she should have done was to pray against any possible calamity and shouldn't necessarily take anyone to account for what was seen in the dream for it could have been the devil trying to toil with her kind or cause discord between her and the boy or it could have been as a result of what she was thinking about the boy before she slept. But in a society where their cultures and values have deeply been influenced by superstitions, incidents like these are the outcomes.

Indeed, the world needs Imes. May Allaah make his coming a fruitful one for the entire world.

Announcement: The job of telling the world about Imes will soon be taken away from me and given to someone else. So such messages will cease coming from me soon. So prepare.
It's funny you're talking about superstition.
Both you, the native doctor and the stepmother are all living in ignorance.
It's stupid beliefs that brings about nonsense like this.
Re: Stepmother And Herbalist Burn Teenage Boy’s Hand, Over Claims He Is A Wizard by Mcuzy(m): 5:18pm On Nov 15, 2019
MrCork:

...bro am from London...never heard of nawawanawawa!!( what language he spekin?) undecided
so u are even from London ,u mean to tell me nobody in London has ever committed any crimes ?y are u so dumb ?I expected u too be smarter .(no offense)
Re: Stepmother And Herbalist Burn Teenage Boy’s Hand, Over Claims He Is A Wizard by munanonye16: 5:18pm On Nov 15, 2019
Just like that....he lost his hands....
Re: Stepmother And Herbalist Burn Teenage Boy’s Hand, Over Claims He Is A Wizard by Martinez336(m): 5:18pm On Nov 15, 2019
Absolute madness
Re: Stepmother And Herbalist Burn Teenage Boy’s Hand, Over Claims He Is A Wizard by Nobody: 5:50pm On Nov 15, 2019
Who can tell me why this thread has not reached the 6th page up till now""
Re: Stepmother And Herbalist Burn Teenage Boy’s Hand, Over Claims He Is A Wizard by MrCork: 5:58pm On Nov 15, 2019
Mcuzy:
so u are even from London ,u mean to tell me nobody in London has ever committed any crimes ?y are u so dumb ?I expected u too be smarter .(no offense)

..way much more inteligent people here in London sir....sound like u never been (wot a shame) undecided
Re: Stepmother And Herbalist Burn Teenage Boy’s Hand, Over Claims He Is A Wizard by Nobody: 6:05pm On Nov 15, 2019
MrCork:

..way much more inteligent people here in London sir....sound like u never been (wot a shame) undecided
So you're in london but how come you know about ibo(Igbo) women to the extent of burning babies but you don't know about Nasarawa""??
Re: Stepmother And Herbalist Burn Teenage Boy’s Hand, Over Claims He Is A Wizard by mechanics(m): 6:05pm On Nov 15, 2019
That's wickedness, if it where her own son someone did that to, am sure she will surely make a case out of the situation.
Re: Stepmother And Herbalist Burn Teenage Boy’s Hand, Over Claims He Is A Wizard by Bahamas95(m): 6:18pm On Nov 15, 2019
Nawa o! I don't even know what to type sef

Re: Stepmother And Herbalist Burn Teenage Boy’s Hand, Over Claims He Is A Wizard by MrCork: 6:23pm On Nov 15, 2019
LordSamuel:
So you're in london but how come you know about ibo(Igbo) women to the extent of burning babies but you don't know about Nasarawa""??

..bro nobody heard of nawamawa here in London.....do u no wot sat nav is? angry
Re: Stepmother And Herbalist Burn Teenage Boy’s Hand, Over Claims He Is A Wizard by Nobody: 6:33pm On Nov 15, 2019
MrCork:

..bro nobody heard of nawamawa here in London.....do u no wot sat nav is? angry
Yeah, it's equipped in my new vehicle.
Re: Stepmother And Herbalist Burn Teenage Boy’s Hand, Over Claims He Is A Wizard by Mcuzy(m): 6:44pm On Nov 15, 2019
MrCork:

Where is it written that who hasn't been to London hasn't made it in life ?
I'm just advising u to get ur facts right before blabbing anyhow

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Bandits Abduct Students From GSSS Kankara In Katsina State / The Story Of MONSURAT TOYIN IGBIRA, The Most Notorious Drug Baroness In Africa / Helen Ukpabio. A Heartless Evil Woman

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.