Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,812 members, 7,820,865 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 11:39 PM

FUTO Student Test Runs The Airplane He Built As His Final Year Project - Education (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / FUTO Student Test Runs The Airplane He Built As His Final Year Project (75942 Views)

FUTO Student Arrested For Pouring Hot Water On Fellow Student Over Toothpaste / FUTO Student Dressed As A Native Doctor To A Night Class As Exam Draws Near / The Robotic Dog AAUA Students Built As Project (Pictures) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: FUTO Student Test Runs The Airplane He Built As His Final Year Project by Wapchrist1(m): 10:25pm On Nov 15, 2019
For me this is Rubbish!!!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: FUTO Student Test Runs The Airplane He Built As His Final Year Project by BotherMleeper(m): 10:27pm On Nov 15, 2019
There's a billion how-tos on the internet about building your own RC plane from off-the-shelf parts...

... nothing to see here.

6 Likes

Re: FUTO Student Test Runs The Airplane He Built As His Final Year Project by Nobody: 10:28pm On Nov 15, 2019
Techcrunchng:
and people are commending him, the brushless motor, propeller, remote control and almost all the parts were purchased o, non is made in Nigeria. I'm ashamed of this country
We've not seen yours. Critics are not good with the hands, but with the mouth!

1 Like

Re: FUTO Student Test Runs The Airplane He Built As His Final Year Project by Mystical888: 10:29pm On Nov 15, 2019
Planes are already existent, drones too.
Necessity is the mother of invention.
Let's be creative and invent what we need in this part of the world like clean sources of energy etc.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: FUTO Student Test Runs The Airplane He Built As His Final Year Project by Wapchrist1(m): 10:30pm On Nov 15, 2019
MrRichmond:

What a shame! cry
Absolutely Rubbish !!!

3 Likes

Re: FUTO Student Test Runs The Airplane He Built As His Final Year Project by deolu2000(m): 10:30pm On Nov 15, 2019
NwaAmaikpe:
shocked

Chai.
How the mighty hath fallen!

It is a shame to think that this is the project of a final year Mechanical Engineering student of a Federal University.

In the early 90s, teens not even up to 12 constructed this at GTC Enugu.
Some even used them to spy on nakedd girls bathing in the hostels of the IMT campus next to them.

Please bring back our Government Technical Colleges and take back this fvckery.
Early 90s and less than 12 years you say? Lies from the pit of hell.

2 Likes

Re: FUTO Student Test Runs The Airplane He Built As His Final Year Project by engrchykae(m): 10:32pm On Nov 15, 2019
Great futoites.
Proud to be made in futo

2 Likes

Re: FUTO Student Test Runs The Airplane He Built As His Final Year Project by engrchykae(m): 10:34pm On Nov 15, 2019
In biafra,the universities must be the driving force of industries just as the unn days in the sixties

1 Like

Re: FUTO Student Test Runs The Airplane He Built As His Final Year Project by Nobody: 10:40pm On Nov 15, 2019
if that is something big in nigeria then we are still in 16th century

3 Likes

Re: FUTO Student Test Runs The Airplane He Built As His Final Year Project by cinoedhunter: 10:43pm On Nov 15, 2019
Workshop 2 grin

2 Likes

Re: FUTO Student Test Runs The Airplane He Built As His Final Year Project by Godhatesodomy: 10:44pm On Nov 15, 2019
Wow
Re: FUTO Student Test Runs The Airplane He Built As His Final Year Project by Amiteye(m): 10:46pm On Nov 15, 2019
Goalnaldo:
Ingenuity and creativity. I was wowed. I hope Nigeria will support him.
creativity is not building what others have built, build something new and see how people will flock around trying to help that project. Someone designed and built the concept of a drone, if you want to be taken serious build something better than a drone or a drone with better features. Now thats creativity, not building a old model little plane that cant even carry a shovel of sand. Thing is in nigeria we hype mediocrity -said it before on another topic days ago- but am not saying that young man do not have potentials. He might do wonders if given proper practical and theoritical education, but this plane is no wonder and we should all stop the gush and hype as if he discovered the route to heaven

And finally dont 'what have you created' at me i am neither a technician nor technical. But i am tactical

3 Likes

Re: FUTO Student Test Runs The Airplane He Built As His Final Year Project by Originalsly: 10:48pm On Nov 15, 2019
darfay:

nawa for 9ja o. imagine a university of technology final year student building a toy for project

Nothing wrong in building a toy as his final year project. I firmly believe that this is wonderful.... sooo ingenious.... and he should be given alll the financial... technical and material.support he needs..... if we were in the year 1960. FUTO should be ashamed of itself to have this kind project in 2019.

4 Likes

Re: FUTO Student Test Runs The Airplane He Built As His Final Year Project by Paulo3ree(m): 10:53pm On Nov 15, 2019
Hmm! military was looking for drones and helicopters, young entrepreneurs started researching and developing drones with their finances suddenly various military institutions started displaying their drone own inventions.
What do I know self
This country and ingredients sef

1 Like

Re: FUTO Student Test Runs The Airplane He Built As His Final Year Project by Amah70: 10:58pm On Nov 15, 2019
Idamond:

NO.
it flu

You are already killing initiative.

Wait for crude oil doles from govt.
Mtchew.
Re: FUTO Student Test Runs The Airplane He Built As His Final Year Project by adeniyi65(m): 11:00pm On Nov 15, 2019
SolexxBarry:
You can only go far if you meet people's need,this need has already been met

I understand you.but it shows him to the world of employers how useful he could be in engineering new ideas with co team members.

1 Like

Re: FUTO Student Test Runs The Airplane He Built As His Final Year Project by Amah70: 11:03pm On Nov 15, 2019
darfay:
nawa for 9ja o. imagine a university of technology final year student building a toy for project

Don't let LEGO see you.

Will you ever get to know that Mercedes and Ford cars started with toy-like fantasies and imaginations of their early makers? No.

Go to search for more oyel wells in Sambisa forest.

Re: FUTO Student Test Runs The Airplane He Built As His Final Year Project by NiCurious: 11:05pm On Nov 15, 2019
I'd like to read more about the context in which this was built. I trust this is not a model airplane out of a box, because you can buy those ready-made. Did he machine all the parts himself? Did he pull his materials as waste from the gutters, and manufacture something marvellous from it? That's where the real story is, and it isn't being told.

1 Like

Re: FUTO Student Test Runs The Airplane He Built As His Final Year Project by Amah70: 11:12pm On Nov 15, 2019
Gucciblog:
Very Impressive!

Watch the video HERE

Profit making rich countries influence our choice of awful leaders we usually have in Nigeria.

A combination of the rich countries and Nigeria's awful leaders shall not engage this talented student.
Re: FUTO Student Test Runs The Airplane He Built As His Final Year Project by KingAzubuike(f): 11:34pm On Nov 15, 2019
Originalsly:

Nothing wrong in building a toy as his final year project. I firmly believe that this is wonderful.... sooo ingenious.... and he should be given alll the financial... technical and material.support he needs..... if we were in the year 1960. FUTO should be ashamed of itself to have this kind project in 2019.
Stop commending mediocrity. This shows how backward the educational system really is. Asians build this at age 10-12. Here a potential degree holder is doing it as a final year degree project. It's not even a new thing. Several Nigerians have done it in this past. And lastly he didn't build anything, he only assembled it. All the components were bought or scavenged from scrap.

1 Like

Re: FUTO Student Test Runs The Airplane He Built As His Final Year Project by uncommonmartins: 11:36pm On Nov 15, 2019

1 Like 1 Share

Re: FUTO Student Test Runs The Airplane He Built As His Final Year Project by Joshuazedd(m): 11:51pm On Nov 15, 2019
darfay:

what was your final project?
Re: FUTO Student Test Runs The Airplane He Built As His Final Year Project by Cherrybae(f): 12:08am On Nov 16, 2019
Please when does this happens and did the plain flew.

There is nothing to celebrate here. This is shameful .

And some illytraits are praising him

Spits

2 Likes

Re: FUTO Student Test Runs The Airplane He Built As His Final Year Project by Techcrunchng(m): 12:08am On Nov 16, 2019
Bbbwings:

They will come and say you're enemyofprogress.
I'm waiting
don't mind them

1 Like

Re: FUTO Student Test Runs The Airplane He Built As His Final Year Project by davillian(m): 12:31am On Nov 16, 2019
My white friends in USA keep saying if you have brains and you find yourself in Nigeria do everything to leave because Nigeria kills dreams.
Re: FUTO Student Test Runs The Airplane He Built As His Final Year Project by Gee64: 12:37am On Nov 16, 2019
Na toy we wan chop?
Please invent plastic rice for Christmas oo.
And don't forget to top am with plastic fowl oo
Wetin poverty nor go cause for Nija?
Anyways sha, my own way of eradicating poverty is on my signature below...Xmas to you in advance.
Re: FUTO Student Test Runs The Airplane He Built As His Final Year Project by Correcto: 12:38am On Nov 16, 2019
I wonder if you live in Nigeria, I also wonder if you passed through this country's educational system. You expect him to produce a missile or a space vehicle right ? With which money? I remember my supervisor doing me a favor by cancelling a highly beneficial post graduate research 10 years back because the estimated cost of the research was 9million naira. Do you know how much Nigeria invest in research and made available to students as research grants? If you do , compare it with Germany and discover your/the problem. Please applaud the guy and stop misbehaving here. He did that with resources he had. People like you won't even make a single attempt but are highly proficient in criticizing people efforts.
darfay:

1 Like

Re: FUTO Student Test Runs The Airplane He Built As His Final Year Project by Correcto: 12:40am On Nov 16, 2019
Great question
Joshuazedd:

what was your final project?
Re: FUTO Student Test Runs The Airplane He Built As His Final Year Project by Correcto: 12:40am On Nov 16, 2019
I wonder if you live in Nigeria, I also wonder if you passed through this country's educational system. You expect him to produce a missile or a space vehicle right ? With which money? I remember my supervisor doing me a favor by cancelling a highly beneficial post graduate research 10 years back because the estimated cost of the research was 9million naira. Do you know how much Nigeria invest in research and made available to students as research grants? If you do , compare it with Germany and discover your/the problem. Please applaud the guy and stop misbehaving here. He did that with resources he had. People like you won't even make a single attempt but are highly proficient in criticizing people efforts.
KingAzubuike:

Stop commending mediocrity. This shows how backward the educational system really is. Asians build this at age 10-12. Here a potential degree holder is doing it as a final year degree project. It's not even a new thing. Several Nigerians have done it in this past. And lastly he didn't build anything, he only assembled it. All the components were bought or scavenged from scrap.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Dr. Ini Umoren, University Of Uyo Lecturer Accused Of Sexual Harassment (Photo) / What Can I Do With Industrial Chemistry. / What I Would Do To Babcock Female Student, If She Were My Daughter!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.