Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,037 members, 7,818,062 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 06:29 AM

FUTO Student Test Runs The Airplane He Built As His Final Year Project - Education (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / FUTO Student Test Runs The Airplane He Built As His Final Year Project (75930 Views)

FUTO Student Arrested For Pouring Hot Water On Fellow Student Over Toothpaste / FUTO Student Dressed As A Native Doctor To A Night Class As Exam Draws Near / The Robotic Dog AAUA Students Built As Project (Pictures) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: FUTO Student Test Runs The Airplane He Built As His Final Year Project by Nwaonyishi69: 12:52am On Nov 16, 2019
This is a Junior secondary school's project work in China, Japan or Korea.

1 Like

Re: FUTO Student Test Runs The Airplane He Built As His Final Year Project by Correcto: 12:53am On Nov 16, 2019
Please build let's see. There are so many knowledge on the internet but apllying the knowledge is the issue.
I wonder if you live in Nigeria, I also wonder if you passed through this country's educational system. You expect him to produce a missile or a space vehicle right ? With which money? I remember my supervisor doing me a favor by cancelling a highly beneficial post graduate research 10 years back because the estimated cost of the research was 9million naira. Do you know how much Nigeria invest in research and made available to students as research grants? If you do , compare it with Germany and discover your/the problem. Please applaud the guy and stop misbehaving here. He did that with resources he had. People like you won't even make a single attempt but are highly proficient in criticizing people efforts.
BotherMleeper:
There's a billion how-tos on the internet about building your own RC plane from off-the-shelf parts...

... nothing to see here.

1 Like

Re: FUTO Student Test Runs The Airplane He Built As His Final Year Project by planetx: 12:57am On Nov 16, 2019
Why reinvent the wheel. Remote toy planes are everywhere already so what is the fuss about.

2 Likes

Re: FUTO Student Test Runs The Airplane He Built As His Final Year Project by WowSweetGuy(m): 1:12am On Nov 16, 2019
Great Futoite
Re: FUTO Student Test Runs The Airplane He Built As His Final Year Project by darfay: 1:58am On Nov 16, 2019
Joshuazedd:

what was your final project?

Something on taxation
Re: FUTO Student Test Runs The Airplane He Built As His Final Year Project by linearity: 2:02am On Nov 16, 2019
Goalnaldo:
Ingenuity and creativity. I was wowed. I hope Nigeria will support him.

I don’t see any ingenuity or creativity here.

What he did is not new, we have drones like that all around us, he might have simply decoupled and repacked one of those commercially available drones.

I will like to read he project thesis to see his methodology, calculations, equations, etc before concluding. He is final year Engineering student should be able to prove those.
Re: FUTO Student Test Runs The Airplane He Built As His Final Year Project by texazzpete(m): 2:08am On Nov 16, 2019
A final year student essentially reassembled a toy RF plane from AliExpress and people are praising this?

5 Likes

Re: FUTO Student Test Runs The Airplane He Built As His Final Year Project by Originalsly: 2:23am On Nov 16, 2019
KingAzubuike:

Stop commending mediocrity.

Asians build this at age 10-12.

Did I really commend the project?

Hmmm.... 10 -12 year old Asians working on old technology?... going backwards? Really?
Re: FUTO Student Test Runs The Airplane He Built As His Final Year Project by Stillthebest: 2:36am On Nov 16, 2019
kiss

Building a plane in what century? He should fly it to his father's farm!

He doesnt try to invent a Thermo electric equipment that we can use to polish these our "stony" Rice, such will make him stand a bug chance in the Nigerian market but instead wasting his resources n energies on a white elephant projects that the Wright brothers have already concluded.

So the whole world will now abandon western worlds planes to patronize the one made in Nigeria right?

3 Likes

Re: FUTO Student Test Runs The Airplane He Built As His Final Year Project by Nobody: 3:14am On Nov 16, 2019
texazzpete:
A final year student essentially reassembled a toy RF plane from AliExpress and people are praising this?

Na so we see am.
Re: FUTO Student Test Runs The Airplane He Built As His Final Year Project by jolomiurenyi(m): 4:30am On Nov 16, 2019
Idamond:

All your family membersshocked shocked
Lol.... savage
Re: FUTO Student Test Runs The Airplane He Built As His Final Year Project by Humanitarian5t(m): 4:43am On Nov 16, 2019
SolexxBarry:
You can only go far if you meet people's need,this need has already been met

The needs were met by some people from some part of the world other than Africa. This is our own starting point. If we keep making the least of things, we'll surely make the greatest of them in the future

1 Like 1 Share

Re: FUTO Student Test Runs The Airplane He Built As His Final Year Project by Kyllahmc(m): 4:50am On Nov 16, 2019
He simply bought a flying remote control toy plane on Amazon... And covered it with different exterior! No Nigerian student in Nigeria has the capability to build a flying machine from the scratch... You be winch? Which lecturer taught you that one With which equipment
Perhaps in the 80s it might have been a little bit possible...
But now in 2019 Naaaah Nigerian education system is fvcked! In other countries things get better with time, but in Nigeria reverse is the case... Since lecturers started accepting money for grades, Students don't even study no more! So quote me anywhere... That guy didn't "make" that plane!!! Nigeria wey be say Electrical Engineering students no even fit change ordinary wall socket!

1 Like

Re: FUTO Student Test Runs The Airplane He Built As His Final Year Project by sylve11: 5:49am On Nov 16, 2019
SolexxBarry:
You can only go far if you meet people's need,this need has already been met

people can insult you for all they like. but, what you just said is the truth. cool

1 Like

Re: FUTO Student Test Runs The Airplane He Built As His Final Year Project by Nobody: 5:56am On Nov 16, 2019
This is Insulting.

1 Like

Re: FUTO Student Test Runs The Airplane He Built As His Final Year Project by AkwalaIke1: 6:02am On Nov 16, 2019
[s]
Cherrybae:
Please when does this happens and did the plain flew.

There is nothing to celebrate here. This is shameful .

And some illytraits are praising him

Spits
[/s]
shatap
sadists everywhere
Amaechi is a criminal
Re: FUTO Student Test Runs The Airplane He Built As His Final Year Project by AerialMapper: 6:10am On Nov 16, 2019
Why do we get overly excited about people building toys for final year projects?

This is what young kids build for fun! It is in no way a final year project material!

Building an RC plane and building a drone are two different things!

1 Like

Re: FUTO Student Test Runs The Airplane He Built As His Final Year Project by chinwezdasilva: 6:22am On Nov 16, 2019
darfay:
nawa for 9ja o. imagine a university of technology final year student building a toy for project
There's what we call prototype get that sadist
Re: FUTO Student Test Runs The Airplane He Built As His Final Year Project by Nobody: 6:25am On Nov 16, 2019
This would have been applaudable if there weren't already drones flying the skies.
Re: FUTO Student Test Runs The Airplane He Built As His Final Year Project by omenka(m): 6:33am On Nov 16, 2019
Techcrunchng:
and people are commending him, the brushless motor, propeller, remote control and almost all the parts were purchased o, non is made in Nigeria. I'm ashamed of this country
Shame dey catch me. People on twitter calling him "a tallent".

Smh.

1 Like

Re: FUTO Student Test Runs The Airplane He Built As His Final Year Project by Nobody: 6:41am On Nov 16, 2019
KingAzubuike:

Stop commending mediocrity. This shows how backward the educational system really is. Asians build this at age 10-12. Here a potential degree holder is doing it as a final year degree project. It's not even a new thing. Several Nigerians have done it in this past. And lastly he didn't build anything, he only assembled it. All the components were bought or scavenged from scrap.

Read that person you quoted again and amend as necessary.
Re: FUTO Student Test Runs The Airplane He Built As His Final Year Project by Dagrace01(m): 6:43am On Nov 16, 2019
Toy or not toy, assembled or not assembled if this guy is encouraged and invested on he'll do something greater. If anyone in ur family can't do this, it doesn't mean someone else can't. This country may truly not move forward if we continue to have a negative mindset. Government do something tangible u condemn, campany do something tangible u condemn, group do something tangible u condemn, individual do something tangible u condemn. Wetin una want gangan?
Re: FUTO Student Test Runs The Airplane He Built As His Final Year Project by Nobody: 6:44am On Nov 16, 2019
Correcto:
I wonder if you live in Nigeria, I also wonder if you passed through this country's educational system. You expect him to produce a missile or a space vehicle right ? With which money? I remember my supervisor doing me a favor by cancelling a highly beneficial post graduate research 10 years back because the estimated cost of the research was 9million naira. Do you know how much Nigeria invest in research and made available to students as research grants? If you do , compare it with Germany and discover your/the problem. Please applaud the guy and stop misbehaving here. He did that with resources he had. People like you won't even make a single attempt but are highly proficient in criticizing people efforts.

Re: FUTO Student Test Runs The Airplane He Built As His Final Year Project by akanbiaa(m): 6:44am On Nov 16, 2019
Goalnaldo:
Ingenuity and creativity. I was wowed. I hope Nigeria will support him.
If only we had toy factories that can export their products, but on the Oyinbo being interested I doubt so for they already invented drone and have various varieties of drones with enhanced features but he might be chosen to teach others how to assembly drones.
Re: FUTO Student Test Runs The Airplane He Built As His Final Year Project by KingAzubuike(f): 6:46am On Nov 16, 2019
Originalsly:

Did I really commend the project?

Hmmm.... 10 -12 year old Asians working on old technology?... going backwards? Really?
They build it for fun and liesure just to play with so it's not going backwards since it's just for liesure. The most painful part about this one doing it as final year project is that he just bought the parts from Amazon or Ali baba, watched some YouTube tutorials and assembled them. Kids do it for fun in the US and Asia. A project should be a new meaningful research not this kind of nonesense. If the external supervisor during project defence was really learned and knows wassup, he won't give him more than a " D " "

Very pathetic.

2 Likes

Re: FUTO Student Test Runs The Airplane He Built As His Final Year Project by Nobody: 6:47am On Nov 16, 2019
Dagrace01:
Toy or not toy, assembled or not assembled if this guy is encouraged and invested on he'll do something greater. If anyone in ur family can't do this, it doesn't mean someone else can't. This country may truly not move forward if we continue to have a negative mindset. Government do something tangible u condemn, campany do something tangible u condemn, group do something tangible u condemn, individual do something tangible u condemn. Wetin una want gangan?

Nothing tangible here. Planes are already flying the skies. The Wright brothers already solved that mystery...in the 17th century.

Drones are already flying the skies...assembled by 13-y/olds

This is not worthy of a final year project of a university student. Maybe a primary school graduate.

2 Likes

Re: FUTO Student Test Runs The Airplane He Built As His Final Year Project by LOGOBELT: 6:49am On Nov 16, 2019
This need as already been met na

Meanwhile, HP Wireless 2630 4-in-1 Printer is available for sales @ 10k, working perfectly, check my signature for contact.

1 Like

Re: FUTO Student Test Runs The Airplane He Built As His Final Year Project by almarthins(m): 6:53am On Nov 16, 2019
Gucciblog:
A FUTO final year mechanical engineering student today, wowed his fellow students and spectators as he test runs the airplane he built for his final year project.

The student with name yet to be disclosed, has been suggested for the Ministry of Defence for a deal to build drones for our security operatives in curbing insecurity and war against terrorism.

https://www.instagram.com/p/B45M6dNls5O/

https://zenithnaija.com/futo-student-test-runs-the-airplane-he-built-as-his-final-year-project/

Na drone be this na
Re: FUTO Student Test Runs The Airplane He Built As His Final Year Project by sinkhole: 6:56am On Nov 16, 2019
Minjim:
How many people can it carry?
Drone dey carry people?
Re: FUTO Student Test Runs The Airplane He Built As His Final Year Project by uuzba(m): 7:15am On Nov 16, 2019
Techcrunchng:
and people are commending him, the brushless motor, propeller, remote control and almost all the parts were purchased o, non is made in Nigeria. I'm ashamed of this country
Make your own brushless motor propeller, and remote control and give him now.
Re: FUTO Student Test Runs The Airplane He Built As His Final Year Project by uuzba(m): 7:17am On Nov 16, 2019
LOGOBELT:
This need as already been met na

Meanwhile, HP Wireless 2630 4-in-1 Printer is available for sales @ 10k, working perfectly, check my signature for contact.
This need was met because we allowed imported goods into the country and you saw it in ShopRite or similar place.
Now they've closed the borders. You won't see it again. Now make the one you remember seeing.
Re: FUTO Student Test Runs The Airplane He Built As His Final Year Project by Urhobokwaleboy(m): 7:18am On Nov 16, 2019
A nigga once said: while growing up,:out of curiousity i and my friends did something like this,but ours did not fly.coming from a graduate of technology,nah i'll pass.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Dr. Ini Umoren, University Of Uyo Lecturer Accused Of Sexual Harassment (Photo) / What I Would Do To Babcock Female Student, If She Were My Daughter! / Please I Need Help On How To Write A Good Lesson Note

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.