Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,193,945 members, 7,952,815 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 03:45 AM

“my Mother-in-law Must Wash Plates And Clean If She Visits For Few Days" - Lady - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / “my Mother-in-law Must Wash Plates And Clean If She Visits For Few Days" - Lady (3676 Views)

Glass Cups, plates and tea mugs for sale / My Husband Slapped Me For Asking Him To Wash Plates / Man Stops Paying Daughter's School Fee After She Told Him To Wash Plates (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: “my Mother-in-law Must Wash Plates And Clean If She Visits For Few Days" - Lady by Nobody: 12:31pm On Nov 16, 2019
Re: “my Mother-in-law Must Wash Plates And Clean If She Visits For Few Days" - Lady by midnighter(f): 1:04pm On Nov 16, 2019
Lol.

I want to know, does her own mother do that when she comes over? Thats just the key to this issue.

What an id!iot, so they married you without you knowing how to host a guest in your home. Your mother who washed your plate when you were a baby should come and start washing your plate again..crazy people everywhere

Though I dont have a problem with that one-weeks notice, that is a simple courtesy that allows a host to prepare for your arrival.
Re: “my Mother-in-law Must Wash Plates And Clean If She Visits For Few Days" - Lady by Nobody: 1:08pm On Nov 16, 2019
Breaststroke:

I don't believe Joro's stories most of the time and I wasn't buying this one either, but I also know that not every one is a decent and sensible human being....like the woman in Joro's tale and some idiots are proving to be on this thread already.

Joro stories may be fake but those comments are true honestly. You should go to his page and see what ladies say.
Re: “my Mother-in-law Must Wash Plates And Clean If She Visits For Few Days" - Lady by Nobody: 1:16pm On Nov 16, 2019
Re: “my Mother-in-law Must Wash Plates And Clean If She Visits For Few Days" - Lady by midnighter(f): 1:17pm On Nov 16, 2019
Florblu:
Coming from someone who might be a slave in her own marriage.

In her bid to sound woke, she displayed her foolishness.

Overcompensation
Re: “my Mother-in-law Must Wash Plates And Clean If She Visits For Few Days" - Lady by Amarisa(f): 1:19pm On Nov 16, 2019
Breaststroke:

Jesus, Mary and Joseph shocked !!!

It's not servitude nor mandatory as you put it, but it is simply basic courtesy, honour and respect towards an older generation of men/women, who fed, clothed and took care of us while we were yet children, unable to do these things for ourselves.

I will gladly do these things for my parents and parents in law, aiming to ensure they have an amazing hospitality experience as if they were at a 5 star hotel.......because of their sacrifices and care as good parents.

Imagine telling a 60 year old woman to sweep or wash a dish? Hasn't she paid her dues through the sleepless nights with an infant, restlessness when a child is sick in the hospital, years of cooking, feeding and cleaning up after that child who is now a spouse?

1 Like

Re: “my Mother-in-law Must Wash Plates And Clean If She Visits For Few Days" - Lady by midnighter(f): 1:30pm On Nov 16, 2019
Elder0001:

You’re the kid here if you think your partner owes your parents some sort of servitude if they come for a visit. If your partner chooses to do stuffs for them it’s his/her choice not a mandatory something. Nobody is a slave , your mother has hands .

Its nothing to do with servitude...being a house guest warrants certain actions from the host.

Im sure when that girls friends come to stay, she doesnt tell them to wash their plates. Shes just an attention-seeker.

1 Like

Re: “my Mother-in-law Must Wash Plates And Clean If She Visits For Few Days" - Lady by ogawisdom(m): 4:01pm On Nov 16, 2019
This happens when the man of the house is a weakling
Re: “my Mother-in-law Must Wash Plates And Clean If She Visits For Few Days" - Lady by cococandy(f): 4:03pm On Nov 16, 2019
midnighter:

She’s just an attention-seeker.
clearly
Re: “my Mother-in-law Must Wash Plates And Clean If She Visits For Few Days" - Lady by ImaIma1(f): 6:39pm On Nov 16, 2019
If she comes for omugwo, that is expected. That's why it's better for the wife to have her mum come over for omugwo to avoid "your wife insulted me"
Re: “my Mother-in-law Must Wash Plates And Clean If She Visits For Few Days" - Lady by saucecode(m): 7:48pm On Nov 16, 2019
ImaIma1:
If she comes for omugwo, that is expected. That's why it's better for the wife to have her mum come over for omugwo to avoid "your wife insulted me"
This lazy broad with pomo lips has come again. Is it not u dat was saying women should not do exclusive breastfeeding becos it weakens dem? Now becos u give birth, u won't be able to lift finger to wash plate and clean abi.
Why are u so lazy? Please tell me, i want to direct Yu to see someone.

Women dat don't have mother or mother is too far away like in another continent. Who will help
Talk like someone dat have more dan 7 brain cells i beg u

3 Likes

Re: “my Mother-in-law Must Wash Plates And Clean If She Visits For Few Days" - Lady by Mizwisdom(f): 7:59pm On Nov 16, 2019
My MIL go wash plate too if she comes to help after childbirth. Except she's very old and feeble, in that case I won't need her presence
Re: “my Mother-in-law Must Wash Plates And Clean If She Visits For Few Days" - Lady by ImaIma1(f): 10:36pm On Nov 16, 2019
saucecode:

This lazy broad with pomo lips has come again. Is it not u dat was saying women should not do exclusive breastfeeding becos it weakens dem? Now becos u give birth, u won't be able to lift finger to wash plate and clean abi.

Women dat don't have mother or mother is too far away like in another continent. Who will help

I'm flattered at the stalking.

I didn't have a mother. My mum inlaw came. I did all the work including going to the market, cooking, serving, cleaning even if I had a CS less than two weeks before. So I am not talking in amiss. Though it doesn't mean all MILs are that way.

About breastfeeding, I never advise people to do or not to do. You decided to read your own meaning into what I said. I am only responsible for what I say and not how you choose to interpret it.

And you should learn to communicate objectively and without prejudice instead of talking like you have a score to settle with me or like I don't have a right to my opinion.

2 Likes

Re: “my Mother-in-law Must Wash Plates And Clean If She Visits For Few Days" - Lady by Nobody: 10:42pm On Nov 16, 2019
Hmm
Re: “my Mother-in-law Must Wash Plates And Clean If She Visits For Few Days" - Lady by saucecode(m): 10:47pm On Nov 16, 2019
ImaIma1:

I'm flattered at the stalking.

I didn't have a mother. My mum inlaw came. I did all the work including going to the market, cooking, serving, cleaning even if I had a CS less than two weeks before. So I am not talking in amiss. Though it doesn't mean all MILs are that way.

About breastfeeding, I never advise people to do or not to do. You decided to read your own meaning into what I said. I am only responsible for what I say and not how you choose to interpret it.

And you should learn to communicate objectively and without prejudice instead of talking like you have a score to settle with me or like I don't have a right to my opinion.

I'm sorry

1 Like

Re: “my Mother-in-law Must Wash Plates And Clean If She Visits For Few Days" - Lady by CsRockefeller(m): 10:22am On Nov 17, 2019
Mizwisdom:
My MIL go wash plate too if she comes to help after childbirth. Except she's very old and feeble, in that case I won't need her presence
Re: “my Mother-in-law Must Wash Plates And Clean If She Visits For Few Days" - Lady by nlPoster: 11:48am On Nov 17, 2019
saucecode:

But you are not a woman nitori Olorun?

1 Like

Re: “my Mother-in-law Must Wash Plates And Clean If She Visits For Few Days" - Lady by saucecode(m): 12:30pm On Nov 17, 2019
nlPoster:

But you are not a woman nitori Olorun?
But you are not human, flea more likely.

2 Likes

Re: “my Mother-in-law Must Wash Plates And Clean If She Visits For Few Days" - Lady by nlPoster: 12:33pm On Nov 17, 2019
saucecode:

But I am not human, flea more likely.

Who sounds more inhuman and like a pest between me and you?

What do the facts (not your twisted opinion) say?

And why dont you stay out of women matters that dont concern you especially seeing you are so stupid and insensitive?

1 Like

Re: “my Mother-in-law Must Wash Plates And Clean If She Visits For Few Days" - Lady by ImaIma1(f): 1:00pm On Nov 17, 2019
saucecode:

I'm sorry

smiley wink I

2 Likes

Re: “my Mother-in-law Must Wash Plates And Clean If She Visits For Few Days" - Lady by saucecode(m): 1:01pm On Nov 17, 2019
nlPoster:

I am definitely more inhuman and like a pest between you and I?

That is what the facts (not my twisted opinion) say.

And why dont I stay out of people's matters that dont concern me especially seeing I am so stupid and insensitive?
Probably because I have a medical condition dat makes my fingers type faster than my brains
And just like a flea with grasshopper xteristics, you also failed to realize I am not the only male on the thread.

1 Like

Re: “my Mother-in-law Must Wash Plates And Clean If She Visits For Few Days" - Lady by saucecode(m): 1:03pm On Nov 17, 2019
ImaIma1:

smiley wink I
You disarmed me wit ur response honestly smiley

1 Like

Re: “my Mother-in-law Must Wash Plates And Clean If She Visits For Few Days" - Lady by nlPoster: 1:11pm On Nov 17, 2019
saucecode:

And just like I am a flea with grasshopper xteristics, I also failed to realize I am not the only male on the thread.

Stop the name calling, I am not calling you names. I said BUT YOU ARE NOT A WOMAN NITORI OLORUN, and you degenerated to insults instead of responding civilly.

Your post was so rude, irresponsible, insensitive and uncalled for, you need to stay out of topics that are not your business, until you get some some sense. Not that I believe it can happen.

2 Likes

Re: “my Mother-in-law Must Wash Plates And Clean If She Visits For Few Days" - Lady by saucecode(m): 1:25pm On Nov 17, 2019
nlPoster:

Stop the name calling, I am not calling you names. I said BUT YOU ARE NOT A WOMAN NITORI OLORUN, and you degenerated to insults instead of responding civilly.

Your post was so rude, irresponsible, insensitive and uncalled for, you need to stay out of topics that are not your business, until you get some some sense. Not that I believe it can happen.
Perhaps u are also suffering from a debilitating medical condition which leads u to believe u can tell anyone where to stay out of

Who are u & wats ur name

3 Likes

Re: “my Mother-in-law Must Wash Plates And Clean If She Visits For Few Days" - Lady by nlPoster: 1:28pm On Nov 17, 2019
saucecode:

I am also suffering from a debilitating medical condition which leads me to believe I can tell anyone where to stay out of

Who am I & I hate my name

You obviously lack home training, it shows.

Stay out of topics that dont concern you, is that hard?

You are not a woman, dont post on topics involving women! Simple!

2 Likes

Re: “my Mother-in-law Must Wash Plates And Clean If She Visits For Few Days" - Lady by olabrinks(f): 1:29pm On Nov 17, 2019
Disgusting post
Remember one day you will be old and someone’s mother in law. Stupid people.

1 Like

Re: “my Mother-in-law Must Wash Plates And Clean If She Visits For Few Days" - Lady by saucecode(m): 1:42pm On Nov 17, 2019
nlPoster:

I definitely lack home training, it shows.

I should Stay out of matters that dont concern me, is that hard?

I am not human, I should not post on topics involving human beings! Simple!
And u have obviously been missing appointments wit your family psychiatrist, dis is why u are singling me out on a thread full of males to give orders to your ancestors.

3 Likes

Re: “my Mother-in-law Must Wash Plates And Clean If She Visits For Few Days" - Lady by nlPoster: 1:42pm On Nov 17, 2019
olabrinks:
Disgusting post
Remember one day you will be old and someone’s mother in law. Stupid people.

Stop wasting your energy and emotions on random topics.

1 Like

Re: “my Mother-in-law Must Wash Plates And Clean If She Visits For Few Days" - Lady by ImaIma1(f): 4:20pm On Nov 17, 2019
saucecode:

You disarmed me wit ur response honestly smiley

It's not my style to throw insults and shades. I would rather have a sane conversation.

1 Like

Re: “my Mother-in-law Must Wash Plates And Clean If She Visits For Few Days" - Lady by bukatyne(f): 12:55pm On Nov 18, 2019
cococandy:
It’s obvious the poster is just looking for reactions.

Hence I said. Childish.

True, that's another angle.

All these audio children sef.

Just that some airheads really take these people seriously and run their lives with it.

When Glory Ossei's story broke, someone in my friend's colleague's office was weeping that she broke up with her BF because of Glory Ossei.
Re: “my Mother-in-law Must Wash Plates And Clean If She Visits For Few Days" - Lady by cococandy(f): 1:04pm On Nov 18, 2019
Who’s Glory Ossie? I feel like I live in a cave.

Anyway I always tell folks no two homes are alike. Do what works for you as long as everyone is happy. No rigid rules as far as I’m concerned.

But folks want to be told what do and how to lives their lives.
bukatyne:

True, that's another angle.

All these audio children sef.

Just that some airheads really take these people seriously and run their lives with it.

When Glory Ossei's story broke, someone in my friend's colleague's office was weeping that she broke up with her BF because of Glory Ossei.
Re: “my Mother-in-law Must Wash Plates And Clean If She Visits For Few Days" - Lady by cococandy(f): 1:07pm On Nov 18, 2019
Mizwisdom:

What if you need her presence for emotional support? wink

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Would You Wait For Your Unmarried Elder Brother/sister Before U Marry? / Having Babies Out Of Wedlock / The Alake Of Egbaland, Oba Micheal Adedotun Gbadebo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.