Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,039 members, 7,818,076 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 07:03 AM

Igbos Are Not Scared Of Contesting The 2023 Presidential Elections. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Igbos Are Not Scared Of Contesting The 2023 Presidential Elections. (618 Views)

Zamfara: We’re Not Scared Of Rerun – PDP Boasts As Court Sacks Gov Lawal / Did Prof. Osinbajo Commit An Offence By Contesting The APC Primary Election? / We Will Defeat Evil Forces Contesting The Soul Of Nigeria Says Osinbajo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Igbos Are Not Scared Of Contesting The 2023 Presidential Elections. by ashacot: 6:22pm On Nov 16, 2019
I have been reading opinions on the next general election in 2023. While it is logical if anyone argue it is too early for the country to start talking about the election as it is still four years away i am sure the politicians have started making plans towards the election.

Haven said that, it is very sad that some south easterners are already having this entitlement mentality going into the election. While it is very vital that we south easterners demand the next president seat, it is important that we do so with better strategy of building bridges and not threatening other regions. While i also believe that there is still zoning arrangement in the major parties, the coming of president buhari may have truncated that arrangement in a way. I mean, in the former zoning arrangement it was the the generals that decides who becomes president of the country. All they do is to select someone from the region they zone to and boom, we will have a president. But now, it is no longer the same. The coming of president buhari has change all that. the generals are no longer relevant. they have been relegated meaning that all elections will be keenly contested.

We south easterners should note that when power is coming to south , both south south, south east and south west will contest for the ticket of the two major parties. Let me remind the south easterners that we have huge chances to take the APC ticket. The south westerners didnot deliver high votes at the last presidential election as expected from them to APC giving that their son was on the APC Ballot box and benefiting most from president buhari in terms of infrastructural concentration and appointments compared to other southern region. While we in south east improved our votes for the APC in the federal level.

Going forward, We need to stop all these entitlement mentality and square it up with other region in the south. Even if we are demanding both party ticket, we need to be very accommodating about it. Bridges need to be rebuilt. Let us remember that it is the masses that will vote on that day not the politicians. All these our online tantrums where we go about insulting other regions should stop else it will come back to hunt us if it is not already hunting us. Forget those who are on Nairaland threatening that if the south westerners contest the parties tickets, south easterners will back the north for president. All our leaders in south east have their eyes set on the presidential seat in 2023 that is why david umai told ipob to drop their sword and come back home so we can achieve igbo president in 2023.

Finally, if we must pursue igbo presidency, we must warn people like Reno and FFK to stay off our objective because i am beginning to feel that these two crack heads are paid by some mysterious people to pit the igbos against Nigerians.

THE QUESTION WE SHOULD BE ASKING NOW IS WHO ARE WE PRESENTING IN BOTH PARTIES. Forgive my English
Re: Igbos Are Not Scared Of Contesting The 2023 Presidential Elections. by helinues: 6:25pm On Nov 16, 2019
The bigger question is which of the major political party are ready to zone their presidency to SE?

1 Like

Re: Igbos Are Not Scared Of Contesting The 2023 Presidential Elections. by mrvitalis(m): 6:29pm On Nov 16, 2019
helinues:
The bigger question is which of the major political party are ready to zone the presidency to zone their presidency to SE?
Oga there is no more zoning according to south west so every region has the right to contests

Rochas has openly declared interest in front of buhari and APC governors yet they say Igbo's are not showing interest

Has anyone from south west shown interest ?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Igbos Are Not Scared Of Contesting The 2023 Presidential Elections. by AkwalaIke1: 6:32pm On Nov 16, 2019
[s]
helinues:
The bigger question is which of the major political party are ready to zone the presidency to zone their presidency to SE?
[/s]
Re: Igbos Are Not Scared Of Contesting The 2023 Presidential Elections. by orion7: 6:33pm On Nov 16, 2019
mrvitalis:

Oga there is no more zoning according to south west so every region has the right to contests

Rochas has openly declared interest in front of buhari and APC governors yet they say Igbo's are not showing interest

abi ooo no zoning again. since some greedy people want to go 16 yes.

the thief thiefnūbu should test his popularity outside boudillon.
Re: Igbos Are Not Scared Of Contesting The 2023 Presidential Elections. by helinues: 6:33pm On Nov 16, 2019
mrvitalis:

SE people needs to organise a village square meeting to determine what Ndigbo really wants before 2023.

You people should stop confusing thunder

As for the SW, we had been showing interest before the last elections that's why our loyalty lies with Apc where its currently 60% certain of having it..

2 Likes

Re: Igbos Are Not Scared Of Contesting The 2023 Presidential Elections. by CyynthiaKiss(f): 6:34pm On Nov 16, 2019
ashacot:
[s]I have been reading opinions on the next general election in 2023. While it is logical if anyone argue it is too early for the country to start talking about the election as it is still four years away i am sure the politicians have started making plans towards the election.

Haven said that, it is very sad that some south easterners are already having this entitlement mentality going into the election. While it is very vital that we south easterners demand the next president seat, it is important that we do so with better strategy of building bridges and not threatening other regions. While i also believe that there is still zoning arrangement in the major parties, the coming of president buhari may have truncated that arrangement in a way. I mean, in the former zoning arrangement it was the the generals that decides who becomes president of the country. All they do is to select someone from the region they zone to and boom, we will have a president. But now, it is no longer the same. The coming of president buhari has change all that. the generals are no longer relevant. they have been relegated meaning that all elections will be keenly contested.

We south easterners should note that when power is coming to south , both south south, south east and south west will contest for the ticket of the two major parties. Let me remind the south easterners that we have huge chances to take the APC ticket. The south westerners didnot deliver high votes at the last presidential election as expected from them to APC giving that their son was on the APC Ballot box and benefiting most from president buhari in terms of infrastructural concentration and appointments compared to other southern region. While we in south east improved our votes for the APC in the federal level.

Going forward, We need to stop all these entitlement mentality and square it up with other region in the south. Even if we are demanding both party ticket, we need to be very accommodating about it. Bridges need to be rebuilt. Let us remember that it is the masses that will vote on that day not the politicians. All these our online tantrums where we go about insulting other regions should stop else it will come back to hunt us if it is not already hunting us. Forget those who are on Nairaland threatening that if the south westerners contest the parties tickets, south easterners will back the north for president. All our leaders in south east have their eyes set on the presidential seat in 2023 that is why david umai told ipob to drop their sword and come back home so we can achieve igbo president in 2023.

Finally, if we must pursue igbo presidency, we must warn people like Reno and FFK to stay off our objective because i am beginning to feel that these two crack heads are paid by some mysterious people to pit the igbos against Nigerians.

THE QUESTION WE SHOULD BE ASKING NOW IS WHO ARE WE PRESENTING IN BOTH PARTIES. Forgive my English

[/s]

When did Yoruba Muslim become minister of Igbo affairs judging by your previous post that is filled with frustration ( Probably Igbo man has dealt with you in the past) ?
Wake me up when ur masters allow u to sight the moon

3 Likes

Re: Igbos Are Not Scared Of Contesting The 2023 Presidential Elections. by LabDNA: 6:35pm On Nov 16, 2019
The tribe the OP claims should be taken with a pinch of salt. He even sounds unlettered.
Re: Igbos Are Not Scared Of Contesting The 2023 Presidential Elections. by Tranquillity360: 6:37pm On Nov 16, 2019
The only thing that units yorubas and hausafulanis is hatred for Igbos.

If you think am wrong then prove it.

4 Likes

Re: Igbos Are Not Scared Of Contesting The 2023 Presidential Elections. by diegwu02: 6:42pm On Nov 16, 2019
Okezie Ikpeazu Is the Man to beat in 2023, i call on Ndigbo to support him

1 Like

Re: Igbos Are Not Scared Of Contesting The 2023 Presidential Elections. by mrvitalis(m): 6:42pm On Nov 16, 2019
helinues:

SE people needs to organise a village square meeting to determine what Ndigbo really wants before 2023.

As for the SW, we had been showing interest before the last elections that's why our loyalty lies with Apc where its currently 60% certain of having it..

What Igbo's want is clear ...it has been clear ...restructure or disintegrate but while we are in nigeria equity n fairness should rule

1 Like

Re: Igbos Are Not Scared Of Contesting The 2023 Presidential Elections. by LabDNA: 6:43pm On Nov 16, 2019
The funny thing is that before era of social media, yoruba believed that the Igbos would vote a yoruba over an hausa no matter what the yoruba do to the Igbos because of the ethnic crisis in the north in those days which usually claimed Igbo lives.

I guess they have been awoken by current realities that they cannot eat their cake and have it.

1 Like

Re: Igbos Are Not Scared Of Contesting The 2023 Presidential Elections. by ashacot: 6:43pm On Nov 16, 2019
helinues:

If the right Aproach is adopted by the south easterners, they will get the tickets of one or two of the major parties. Thank good bridges are being built by our leaders and hopefully we shall be good with everyone in the country. We just need people like reno, ffk and nnamdi kanu to stay clear of the region political objectives going into 2023 election
Re: Igbos Are Not Scared Of Contesting The 2023 Presidential Elections. by helinues: 6:45pm On Nov 16, 2019
mrvitalis:

What Igbo's want is clear ...it has been clear ...restructure or disintegrate but while we are in nigeria equity n fairness should rule

So you mean nobody has ever represent SE as Senators or House of Reps members.

Or you mean Borno man is Abia state governor?

1 Like

Re: Igbos Are Not Scared Of Contesting The 2023 Presidential Elections. by helinues: 6:46pm On Nov 16, 2019
ashacot:

If the right Aproach is adopted by the south easterners, they will get the tickets of one or two of the major parties. Thank good bridges are being built by our leaders and hopefully we shall be good with everyone in the country. We just need people like reno, ffk and nnamdi kanu to stay clear of the region political objectives going into 2023 election

You want to hear the truth.. Both Pdp and Apc can never zone their presidency to SE.. Not in 2023.. That's the fact.

May be vice president ooo
Re: Igbos Are Not Scared Of Contesting The 2023 Presidential Elections. by Tranquillity360: 6:49pm On Nov 16, 2019
ashacot:

Nnamdi kanu don't care about your nigeria politics,Kanu is for the restoration of Biafra which many want.

I will choose Biafra over nigeria president,anytime any day.
Re: Igbos Are Not Scared Of Contesting The 2023 Presidential Elections. by ashacot: 6:53pm On Nov 16, 2019
CyynthiaKiss:

When did Yoruba Muslim become minister of Igbo affairs judging by your previous post that is filled with frustration ( Probably Igbo man has dealt with you in the past) ?

The problem with confuse lots like you is that you make other region believe that igbos dont have political direction. SMH. believe what you like, but you can never be more igbo than i am
Re: Igbos Are Not Scared Of Contesting The 2023 Presidential Elections. by mrvitalis(m): 6:55pm On Nov 16, 2019
helinues:

How does your sentence relate to my post ?
Re: Igbos Are Not Scared Of Contesting The 2023 Presidential Elections. by helinues: 7:00pm On Nov 16, 2019
mrvitalis:

How does your sentence relate to my post ?

Cos those people that I mentioned have opportunity of demanding what you listed previously..
Re: Igbos Are Not Scared Of Contesting The 2023 Presidential Elections. by Authortee: 7:02pm On Nov 16, 2019
It’s a trap. The calculation is intended to split the Ibos political cohesion. The Ibos have better chance aligning with the PDP and working with Atiku or whoever the PDP present from the north. The SW and the SE should forget the presidency, it’s a northern thing until my Ibo brothers and my tribe can settle their petty differences and I strongly believe the Yorubas should sincerely apologize for their role in Biafra civil war. No tribe will lose about 1 million souls and ever forgive those responsible. Besides I’m Yoruba and don’t mind been called names.
Re: Igbos Are Not Scared Of Contesting The 2023 Presidential Elections. by ashacot: 7:03pm On Nov 16, 2019
helinues:

You want to hear the truth.. Both Pdp and Apc can never zone their presidency to SE.. Not in 2023.. That's the fact.

we will get one of the tickets
Re: Igbos Are Not Scared Of Contesting The 2023 Presidential Elections. by helinues: 7:11pm On Nov 16, 2019
ashacot:

we will get one of the tickets

Nothing bad in being optimistic.. But being realistic is a bae
Re: Igbos Are Not Scared Of Contesting The 2023 Presidential Elections. by Kapilta(m): 7:12pm On Nov 16, 2019
CyynthiaKiss:

buh are you a christian or a jew?
Re: Igbos Are Not Scared Of Contesting The 2023 Presidential Elections. by Nobody: 7:20pm On Nov 16, 2019
hey,
although I've vowed never to vote in this goddam country again ( I'm tired, I don't like how things are going) but to be realistic here.......

Igbo presidency is almost impossible for now, no amount of bridge building can deliver any of APc and PDP ticket for the Ndigbos.

Ordinary deputy SP you couldn't get it, you guys are now expecting the almighty presidency.

even the ticket is not sure for the yorubas that started APC ( yes ACN was the foundation of APc) SW did not only deliver millions of vote for Buhari but:
1 almost 70% of APc fund in 2015 was from the SW, Buhari was damn broke.

2 SW used their media might to destroy PDP ( PDP was full of knucklehead anyways)

the only region that should cry for APc ticket now is the SW, Igbos should hold PDP tight.

I'm just being honest here.
Re: Igbos Are Not Scared Of Contesting The 2023 Presidential Elections. by AkwalaIke1: 8:12pm On Nov 16, 2019
[s]
helinues:

Nothing bad in being optimistic.. But being realistic is a bae
[/s]
Re: Igbos Are Not Scared Of Contesting The 2023 Presidential Elections. by AkwalaIke1: 8:12pm On Nov 16, 2019
[s]
helinues:

Cos those people that I mentioned have opportunity of demanding what you listed previously..

[/s]
Re: Igbos Are Not Scared Of Contesting The 2023 Presidential Elections. by AkwalaIke1: 8:16pm On Nov 16, 2019
[s]
helinues:

[/s]
Re: Igbos Are Not Scared Of Contesting The 2023 Presidential Elections. by AkwalaIke1: 8:20pm On Nov 16, 2019
[s]
helinues:

[/s]
Re: Igbos Are Not Scared Of Contesting The 2023 Presidential Elections. by AkwalaIke1: 8:20pm On Nov 16, 2019
[s]
helinues:

[/s]

(1) (Reply)

The Battle Between Senator Smart Adeyemi And Dino Melaye Continue Reading At Ht / Is The Media Unfair To Yahaya Bello? / The Hypocrisy Of NGO'S In Nigeria.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.