Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,985 members, 7,817,905 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 10:28 PM

10 Things Christians Should Avoid In Church For Their Own Good. - Religion (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / 10 Things Christians Should Avoid In Church For Their Own Good. (36075 Views)

Things Christians and Jews Don't Know About Moses That Muslims Do! / Lady Beaten And Injured In Taraba Church For Not Dressing Properly / Man Sent Out Of Lagos Church For Wearing This (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 10 Things Christians Should Avoid In Church For Their Own Good. by realtyassociate(m): 5:01pm On Nov 17, 2019
blesskewe:
That number 9 day annoy me ehhhh

What if they die while rushing home

Direct entry to hell
Re: 10 Things Christians Should Avoid In Church For Their Own Good. by Nodogragra4me(m): 5:09pm On Nov 17, 2019
UnknownJr:
1. ■ Constant lateness to church services and meetings. It proves that your love for God and the things of the Kingdom has grown cold. Wake up before it is too late.

2.■ Refusing to sit where the ushers direct you to sit, it's a sign of pride. Stop it.

3. ■ Always running out to pick calls with your phone ringing out so loud. Switch off or mute your phone as soon you get to church.��‍♀�

2. ■ Receiving calls repeatedly during every church services. It shows where your heart, your values and priorities are. Stop it.�

5. ■ Chewing gum or sleeping in church during sermon. Remember the church is neither a cinema hall nor a hotel. Please show reverence to your maker.����‍♀

6. ■ Sitting down during prayer or praise/worship session without any medical or health reasons. This makes you look very odd and unspiritual. Stop it.��‍♂

7. ■ Always looking at the church clock or your wrist watch during church hours insinuating that church should close. Please stop it.⌚�

8. ■ Chatting and playing games on your phone during church service. It shows you are not spiritual. Please stop it.���

9. ■ Always leaving the church before closure for no particular appointment, making others who choose to stay till the end of service feel they don't know what to do with their time. Stop it.�‍♀��

10. ■ Gathering outside the church with other members to gossip or discuss football and politics whilst worship service is going on. Stop it.�‍♂

Wake up people of God.
The King of Kings is coming soon.
God bless you.

https://m.facebook.com/permalink.php?story_fbid=2454631267977722&id=618540241586843

There is no hard and fast rule concerning positions when praying. It is the condition of the heart that should matter however, being in one accord causes the supernatural to happen... Two can't walk together unless they agree.
Re: 10 Things Christians Should Avoid In Church For Their Own Good. by WaleRock: 5:28pm On Nov 17, 2019
UnknownJr:
1. ■ Constant lateness to church services and meetings. It proves that your love for God and the things of the Kingdom has grown cold. Wake up before it is too late.

2.■ Refusing to sit where the ushers direct you to sit, it's a sign of pride. Stop it.

3. ■ Always running out to pick calls with your phone ringing out so loud. Switch off or mute your phone as soon you get to church.��‍♀�

2. ■ Receiving calls repeatedly during every church services. It shows where your heart, your values and priorities are. Stop it.�

5. ■ Chewing gum or sleeping in church during sermon. Remember the church is neither a cinema hall nor a hotel. Please show reverence to your maker.����‍♀

6. ■ Sitting down during prayer or praise/worship session without any medical or health reasons. This makes you look very odd and unspiritual. Stop it.��‍♂

7. ■ Always looking at the church clock or your wrist watch during church hours insinuating that church should close. Please stop it.⌚�

8. ■ Chatting and playing games on your phone during church service. It shows you are not spiritual. Please stop it.���

9. ■ Always leaving the church before closure for no particular appointment, making others who choose to stay till the end of service feel they don't know what to do with their time. Stop it.�‍♀��

10. ■ Gathering outside the church with other members to gossip or discuss football and politics whilst worship service is going on. Stop it.�‍♂

Wake up people of God.
God bless you.

https://m.facebook.com/permalink.php?story_fbid=2454631267977722&id=618540241586843

■ Concentrating or distracted by the grammatical correctness of the ministers.

■ Be in church only for the right reasons

■ If the sermons and lifestyles encouraged by the church is not based on eternity in view, find a living church with the leading of the Holy Spirit
Re: 10 Things Christians Should Avoid In Church For Their Own Good. by Amanda4life: 6:19pm On Nov 17, 2019
I practice Jewish Christianity
Re: 10 Things Christians Should Avoid In Church For Their Own Good. by omosefeeguaibor(f): 7:09pm On Nov 17, 2019
Oluwatosean:
CLICK
Refusing to sit where ushers direct you doesn't mean you are proud... It's the house of The Lord not the ushers house.
You can sit wherever you want,wherever you are comfortable...

As an introvert, I hate front seats so when usher trys to usher me to the front I decline and take a seat @d back...
Doesn't mean I'm proud

I agree with the rest.
in all honesty there is no excuse for this. after all, the ushers are not asking you pick a mic and address the congregation, Just do as they ask.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 10 Things Christians Should Avoid In Church For Their Own Good. by Judybash93(m): 7:30pm On Nov 17, 2019
coputa:
We should embrace what is good, The foreigners you referred to served God(practiced Christianity) and your forefathers worshipped idol(((Africans)
Today the foreigners has prospered beyond measure while you (African) still remain behind.
The little we have achieved is as a result of is presence..

If this is how deep Eurocentrism has eaten us up, then i think I'll give up. Bro, read what you wrote again and tell me that you aren't serious and I'll keep quiet

Re: 10 Things Christians Should Avoid In Church For Their Own Good. by GoldenPromise81(m): 8:05pm On Nov 17, 2019
Thank you for all what you have said. i will take correction kissThank you for all what you have said. i will take correction
Re: 10 Things Christians Should Avoid In Church For Their Own Good. by Insectkiller: 8:54pm On Nov 17, 2019
1 and 9
Pls have mercy on me O! Lord.
Re: 10 Things Christians Should Avoid In Church For Their Own Good. by GoodMuyis(m): 10:20pm On Nov 17, 2019
Oluwatosean:
CLICK
Refusing to sit where ushers direct you doesn't mean you are proud... It's the house of The Lord not the ushers house.
You can sit wherever you want,wherever you are comfortable...

As an introvert, I hate front seats so when usher trys to usher me to the front I decline and take a seat @d back...
Doesn't mean I'm proud

I agree with the rest.

Orderliness: 1 Corinthians 14:40

The congregation will be w/o orderliness if everyone chooses to be introvert and sit anywhere.

If you don't listen to the ushers then you are not humble.
Re: 10 Things Christians Should Avoid In Church For Their Own Good. by Erebeshe: 10:28pm On Nov 17, 2019
UnknownJr:

Wake up people of God.
God bless you.

very wonderful write up
Re: 10 Things Christians Should Avoid In Church For Their Own Good. by nlPoster: 12:11am On Nov 18, 2019
GoodMuyis:

Orderliness: 1 Corinthians 14:40

The congregation will be w/o orderliness if everyone chooses to be introvert and sit anywhere.

If you don't listen to the ushers then you are not humble.

1 Corinthians 14:30

If any thing be revealed to another that sitteth by, let the first hold his peace.

Note the bolded.
Re: 10 Things Christians Should Avoid In Church For Their Own Good. by nlPoster: 12:52am On Nov 18, 2019
op, let me ignore your previous vulgar behaviour and respond to your post:

UnknownJr:
1. ■ Constant lateness to church services and meetings. It proves that your love for God and the things of the Kingdom has grown cold.

Deuteronomy 11:14 - then I will send rain on your land in its season

Romans 14: 3,4 Let not the one who eats despise the one who abstains, and let not the one who abstains pass judgment on the one who eats, for God has welcomed him. Who are you to pass judgment on the servant of another? It is before his own master that he stands or falls. And he will be upheld, for the Lord is able to make him stand.

Answer: remind people to switch off their phones if necessary.

Depends on what the calls are for. Leisure or work?

Most people who chew gum in church, stop the habit sooner or later. Sleeping during sermon- not new, also not a sin.

I dont believe this happens frequently.

You are monitoring people too much in order to judge them instead of focusing on the service.

How often have you observed this? Pray for whoever you see doing that.

This is a mind your own business.

Engage them so they don't consider football and politics more interesting.
Re: 10 Things Christians Should Avoid In Church For Their Own Good. by Lawrenzocut: 6:22pm On Nov 18, 2019
It’s painful how much activities in churches today accumulated through man made principles and practice with little or no root in the Bible. Read the Book of Acts, pagan Christianity by Frank Viola and Goerge Barna etc. you will be broken to find out that many things we hold so dearly like, gigantic church buildings and arrangements, pulpits sacramental tables, hierarchies, Baptizimal class, infant Baptism, sprinkle baptism, special cloth for Sunday service and programs, working within and out the four wall organization etc, were not part of the life of the early Church John 3:5-8. We make mistakes about what Church means, Church is Not something you can attend, Church means Ekklesia, the called out ones, the body of Christ. You can’t attend that your can only be part of it through your way of life and acting according to the commandments of God through Christ. Ecclesiastes 12:13. You can do what ever you like as religion but if you want to seek God in truth and obey His will you need to be free from sin through repentance, baptism in water and receive the HolySpirit. Acts 2:28.

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Xenophobic Attacks: Apostle Suleman To Airlift Nigerians From South Africa / 10 Pictures You Will Understand If You Dodged Going To Church As A Kid / Daniel Olukoya Celebrates His 64th Birthday With His Wife All Loved-Up (Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.