Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,001 members, 7,817,964 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 12:12 AM

Local Rice Production Has Not Taken Advantage Of Border Closure – Investigations - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Local Rice Production Has Not Taken Advantage Of Border Closure – Investigations (22130 Views)

Tinubu Appoints Ex-Rivers Commissioner As DG Of Border Agency / Higher Revenue, Reduced Fuel Usage, Rice Production Are Gains Of Border Closure / Buhari Appoints Junaid Abdullahi, His Son-In-Law As Head Of Border Agency (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Local Rice Production Has Not Taken Advantage Of Border Closure – Investigations by Edyice: 11:01am On Nov 17, 2019
Custom and immigration officers are those even helping us get the rice
Re: Local Rice Production Has Not Taken Advantage Of Border Closure – Investigations by Marvieduke(f): 11:01am On Nov 17, 2019
The rate at which different rice price are in the market one begin to wonder if it is Nigeria rice that is so expensive like this. My worries are for poor who may not be able to afford the high cost.

1 Like

Re: Local Rice Production Has Not Taken Advantage Of Border Closure – Investigations by johnmattew: 11:02am On Nov 17, 2019
delamb01:
All these paid journalists you need to hustle harder because you can't convince the FGN to open the borders
as in eh...they just want to ridicule the federal government effort in border closure,so FG don't take the glory...I havrnt seen any foreign rice in my area since closure of the border,only local rice

3 Likes

Re: Local Rice Production Has Not Taken Advantage Of Border Closure – Investigations by teddy001: 11:05am On Nov 17, 2019
Before, Nko?
Re: Local Rice Production Has Not Taken Advantage Of Border Closure – Investigations by sadoroy(m): 11:06am On Nov 17, 2019
Like for Nwamaikpe, Share for

4 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Local Rice Production Has Not Taken Advantage Of Border Closure – Investigations by tolux247(m): 11:07am On Nov 17, 2019
Oga come to Oyigbo, Iddo.... Local rice plenty

2 Likes

Re: Local Rice Production Has Not Taken Advantage Of Border Closure – Investigations by kelvindj98: 11:08am On Nov 17, 2019
Is it just 3 months it will take for local production to increase. What kind of stupid thinking is this.
I do think though that all these dumb state governors should invest heavily in rice production. This will lead to an increase in supply.

3 Likes

Re: Local Rice Production Has Not Taken Advantage Of Border Closure – Investigations by tolux247(m): 11:11am On Nov 17, 2019
Na Cup or Derica you dey buy for house ?

Solamilove:
Local rice is available but just that it's production is another thing. Before you cook it, you have to pick all the stones and chaff as if it's beans that will take you like 2 hours plus. When eating also one will be vigilant. So if you want to cook it on Monday, start its planning on Friday. Overall, eating local rice will train Nigerians to be diligent, goal oriented, strategic planning, and caution. At least for once, all those likes on our skills we put on CV can find its pathetic to become the truth.
Re: Local Rice Production Has Not Taken Advantage Of Border Closure – Investigations by Myde4naija(m): 11:12am On Nov 17, 2019
Beremx:
go to the open markets and take pictures or you keep quiet. That's how you people keep promoting Audio Rice.

Inasmuch as I buy local rice, the high cost of it is outrageous. For how long will the price keep going high and not becoming affordable? That's my concern.
stop calling for local rice to be cheaper the more Nigeria farmer take advantage of the available market the lesser the price will become.

1 Like

Re: Local Rice Production Has Not Taken Advantage Of Border Closure – Investigations by krasican(m): 11:15am On Nov 17, 2019
Area4Area:
Lies, all they want is the reopening of the border, come to any open markets in Anambra and see Josan, Coscharis, Anambra rice and other brands everywhere.
Borders remain shut for now

How much? Can I get them in onitsha
Re: Local Rice Production Has Not Taken Advantage Of Border Closure – Investigations by crownwealth: 11:19am On Nov 17, 2019
Visionless clueless rulers
Re: Local Rice Production Has Not Taken Advantage Of Border Closure – Investigations by lexy2014: 11:21am On Nov 17, 2019
izzou:

Your point being that the borders should be opened?

Y was d border closed in d first place& y should it remain closed?

1 Like

Re: Local Rice Production Has Not Taken Advantage Of Border Closure – Investigations by MrNipplesLover(m): 11:24am On Nov 17, 2019
mrsage:
This is indeed very sad.
My house is close to one of the distribution points for Lake rice in Lagos.
I noticed recently that lake rice has disappeared.

those two idiotic men who introduced the lake rice are a failure.

LAgos - KEbbi rice my foot.
Re: Local Rice Production Has Not Taken Advantage Of Border Closure – Investigations by lexy2014: 11:26am On Nov 17, 2019
izzou:

Keep crying. Nigerian rice has come to stay, you hear? grin

Was there ever a time in d history of Nigeria that we didn't have Nigerian rice? Or u think its in 2015 that we started seeing Nigerian rice?

3 Likes

Re: Local Rice Production Has Not Taken Advantage Of Border Closure – Investigations by Wettoid123: 11:28am On Nov 17, 2019
SalamRushdie:

Was the border ever open? Receive. Sense

The border has not ever be open,,, before now the border has been blocked then you can still bring in goods cos there were personnel on ground regulating the in and out of all activities,but now in the present situation it is closed that is nothing come in and nothing go out.

2 Likes

Re: Local Rice Production Has Not Taken Advantage Of Border Closure – Investigations by princetom1(m): 11:29am On Nov 17, 2019
Kerfuffle:
Local rice production is catching up! The major problem is still distribution. Local rice milled to standard quality still sells for 14-15k in many parts of the country, and even cheaper in some parts.

This is a big opportunity for the citizens. Nigeria youths I repeat, Go into Agriculture, and you'll most likely smile soon enough.

President Buhari please keep all the borders locked!

Are u alright? 14 to 15k in ur room, right?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Local Rice Production Has Not Taken Advantage Of Border Closure – Investigations by Debaiz: 11:30am On Nov 17, 2019
SalamRushdie:
Protectionism had never helped any industry on Earth ...Protectionism is similar to saying you will not allow your son school with other brilliant students so just he can come first all the time . Protectionism breeds laziness and industrial lackadaisicality

It helped Nigeria’s cement, noodles and pasta industries. Get your facts correct.
Re: Local Rice Production Has Not Taken Advantage Of Border Closure – Investigations by yaki84: 11:33am On Nov 17, 2019
Kerfuffle:
Local rice production is catching up! The major problem is still distribution. Local rice milled to standard quality still sells for 14-15k in many parts of the country, and even cheaper in some parts.

This is a big opportunity for the citizens. Nigeria youths I repeat, Go into Agriculture, and you'll most likely smile soon enough.

In america 3% of the population feeds the entire country, what u dont understand is if every nigerian goes into agric business what benin n niger is experiencing now with the border closure wilk definitely be our issue too. In economics its called deflation. Much supply, less demand.
Where will u export it to?
So always think before u write.

2 Likes

Re: Local Rice Production Has Not Taken Advantage Of Border Closure – Investigations by Wettoid123: 11:33am On Nov 17, 2019
Preparation were not made before the border were closed so tell me how do you think local rice we flood the market,a country with over 170million people hmmmmt the market is large.
Re: Local Rice Production Has Not Taken Advantage Of Border Closure – Investigations by nerciifmt(m): 11:34am On Nov 17, 2019
Solamilove:
Local rice is available but just that it's production is another thing. Before you cook it, you have to pick all the stones and chaff as if it's beans that will take you like 2 hours plus. When eating also one will be vigilant. So if you want to cook it on Monday, start its planning on Friday. Overall, eating local rice will train Nigerians to be diligent, goal oriented, strategic planning, and caution. At least for once, all those likes on our skills we put on CV can find its pathetic to become the truth.

I tell you local rice is just punishment, spent two days sorting and picking the rice.
Re: Local Rice Production Has Not Taken Advantage Of Border Closure – Investigations by SalamRushdie: 11:36am On Nov 17, 2019
Debaiz:

It helped Nigeria’s cement, noodles and pasta industries. Get your facts correct.

You still depend on your parents so keep quiet ..when you are a successful business genius like me then you can talk but before then shut up ..

Perceived Quality is what driving the sales of Noodle and cement in Nigeria ...did we need to protect our Nigerian made wires before the trumped all foreign imported wires ? Hell no ..Sha you can never understand

2 Likes

Re: Local Rice Production Has Not Taken Advantage Of Border Closure – Investigations by abdullkabar(m): 11:36am On Nov 17, 2019
With all this happening, if you check Aso Rock's food store now, you will most likely see foreign rice there, even foreign spag
They are saying they want to increase locally made consumption, yet one man traveled abroad to celebrate 80yrs birthday. Wetin do eleko, elegushi beach or one indigenous establishment. Our president too be flying up and down
And am sure, na foreign rice them dey shop for there. Think health, think education
The gap between our political post occupants and the masses is too much
How will our economy grow, when we don't invest here, even we the masses self get our own flaws. Na who to blame everybody dey find
Everything tire person

HOW I TAKE COME HERE SEF undecided

2 Likes

Re: Local Rice Production Has Not Taken Advantage Of Border Closure – Investigations by lexy2014: 11:41am On Nov 17, 2019
Kerfuffle:

Have u gone into agriculture, precisely rice farming?
Re: Local Rice Production Has Not Taken Advantage Of Border Closure – Investigations by Originalsly: 11:41am On Nov 17, 2019
"Some of our millers sell at N12000 and we hope Nigerians can buy for N9000 - N12000".

Really?

@ topic.... seems like the blogger doesn't know rice is not a manufactured item.... that production can't rev up overnight. As long as demand is so much greater than supply.... distributors and retailers would hoard until just before Christmas when the demand is at the peak..... then they would release to get the highest prices.

4 Likes

Re: Local Rice Production Has Not Taken Advantage Of Border Closure – Investigations by MoIbrahim: 11:42am On Nov 17, 2019
So we should re-open the border?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Local Rice Production Has Not Taken Advantage Of Border Closure – Investigations by lexy2014: 11:44am On Nov 17, 2019
Debaiz:

That means buhari has to stop his never ending "private visits" and medical tourism so as to help d local economy. I also heard that his own cousin celebrated his b'day in d UK. Y does buhari & his family have disdain 4 Nigeria & are telling Nigerians not have alternatives?

4 Likes

Re: Local Rice Production Has Not Taken Advantage Of Border Closure – Investigations by Lifestone(m): 11:45am On Nov 17, 2019
SalamRushdie:
Protectionism had never helped any industry on Earth ...Protectionism is similar to saying you will not allow your son school with other brilliant students so just he can come first all the time . Protectionism breeds laziness and industrial lackadaisicality
Your context is faulty if you put in view how China became a giant. It's even worse that the competition is by smugglers ! No sane country in the world will allow such thing.
For the OP, he should know that it will take a while for the factors of production to be reallocated to this new opportunities, that's elementary economics, we need to wait for another one year to begin to see the results of this great policy ( the best since PMB became President). I am aware that Stallion, Olam, Honeywell, Coscharis are gradually getting to the market.
If we continue to import things like rice for which Nigeria has ability to produce, where will the jobs for the youths come from?

1 Like

Re: Local Rice Production Has Not Taken Advantage Of Border Closure – Investigations by kkins25(m): 11:45am On Nov 17, 2019
Solamilove:
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin....laugh wan kee me here
Re: Local Rice Production Has Not Taken Advantage Of Border Closure – Investigations by kkins25(m): 11:50am On Nov 17, 2019
yaki84:

In america 3% of the population feeds the entire country, what u dont understand is if every nigerian goes into agric business what benin n niger is experiencing now with the border closure wilk definitely be our issue too. In economics its called deflation. Much supply, less demand.
Where will u export it to?
So always think before u write.
you know the average nigerian is dum as dum can be... instead of the government self to ban just rice imports, them close the whole border.very soon graduates we will go back to trade by batter. you give me rice, i give you beans. grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Local Rice Production Has Not Taken Advantage Of Border Closure – Investigations by blowjohn(m): 11:50am On Nov 17, 2019
SalamRushdie:

Keep crying me I have access to all the foreign and Nigerian rice I want .. Na Buharist hunger go kill ..

See this one posting slim rice.
U go slim tire na
Re: Local Rice Production Has Not Taken Advantage Of Border Closure – Investigations by hatedisplace: 11:53am On Nov 17, 2019
abdullkabar:
With all this happening, if you check Aso Rock's food store now, you will most likely see foreign rice there, even foreign spag
They are saying they want to increase locally made consumption, yet one man traveled abroad to celebrate 80yrs birthday. Wetin do eleko, elegushi beach or one indigenous establishment. Our president too be flying up and down
And am sure, na foreign rice them dey shop for there. Think health, think education
The gap between our political post occupants and the masses is too much
How will our economy grow, when we don't invest here, even we the masses self get our own flaws. Na who to blame everybody dey find
Everything tire person

HOW I TAKE COME HERE SEF undecided
You made my day. I hate this place. Too many dumb people in this country.�

1 Like

Re: Local Rice Production Has Not Taken Advantage Of Border Closure – Investigations by yaki84: 11:54am On Nov 17, 2019
kkins25:
you know the average nigerian is dum as dum can be... instead of the government self to ban just rice imports, them close the whole border.very soon graduates we will go back to trade by batter. you give me rice, i give you beans. grin grin grin
Me am not against their policies o, anything that will arouse their ego no concern me.
I no even dey chop rice again sef, woman wey i get no like rice. I don come accustom am.
Soon the egyptians we see today will be no more.
Ezodus 30:30

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

PDP Primary: Bala Mohammed Arrives In Edo / FG Mulls Mandatory Savings Scheme For Nigerians / After PDP Rally In Jigawa Indigenes "Disinfect" Dutse (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.