Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,842 members, 7,820,932 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 03:47 AM

Yoruba Girls Can't Cook - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Yoruba Girls Can't Cook (4831 Views)

Who Says White Girls Can't Dance? / Yoruba Girls / If Your Wife-To-Be Can't Cook (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Yoruba Girls Can't Cook by sunch(m): 11:28pm On Nov 18, 2010
If i wld marry a yoruba girl, i wld make sure i send her to my mum for an industrial attachment in the kitchen, because they cnt cook. What they are best at is there omi obe, ewedu, gbegiri, efo riro and what. I except the ekiti and ondo chics, but the rest are foul
Re: Yoruba Girls Can't Cook by adetunrayo(f): 4:51pm On Nov 19, 2010
jobless
Re: Yoruba Girls Can't Cook by omega25red(m): 4:09pm On Nov 20, 2010
79 posts and this is the best you came up with? you know you can just read the threads and not post one if you have nothing interesting to say
Re: Yoruba Girls Can't Cook by sunch(m): 1:19pm On Nov 21, 2010
Hey, hey, i beg una my yoruba peops. I dont mean to offend anybody, ok. What i posted is absolutely the truth, u all knw this and everyone can attestify to this. So pls dnt be hurt and offended
Re: Yoruba Girls Can't Cook by inme: 9:40pm On Nov 21, 2010
@ OP

thats putting it mildly
Re: Yoruba Girls Can't Cook by omega25red(m): 10:49pm On Nov 21, 2010
sunch:

Hey, hey, i beg una my yoruba peops. I dont mean to offend anybody, ok. What i posted is absolutely the truth, u all knw this and everyone can attestify to this. So pls dnt be hurt and offended
in me:

@ OP

thats putting it mildly
for the two of you, what part of nigeria are you both from
Re: Yoruba Girls Can't Cook by inme: 7:14pm On Nov 22, 2010
omega25red:

for the two of you, what part of nigeria are you both from

I am a NIGERIAN!
Re: Yoruba Girls Can't Cook by Nobody: 4:20am On Nov 23, 2010
And how did u come to such a ridiculous conclusion?
Re: Yoruba Girls Can't Cook by omega25red(m): 5:42pm On Nov 23, 2010
in me:

I am a NIGERIAN!
yeah i thought so you must be really illiterate because you can't even answer a simple question of what part of nigeria you are from which means you must have also misread the initial poster's post.
Re: Yoruba Girls Can't Cook by inme: 7:38pm On Nov 23, 2010
omega25red:

yeah i thought so you must be really illiterate because you can't even answer a simple question of what part of nigeria you are from which means you must have also misread the initial poster's post.

lol, take it easy please, I am a Nigerian, I dont know if Nigeria have parts
Re: Yoruba Girls Can't Cook by SeXyBoNE: 1:21am On Nov 24, 2010
@Op

you mean MOST Yoruba women cant cook?

thats not a new thing
Re: Yoruba Girls Can't Cook by Phlota(f): 2:22pm On Nov 24, 2010
so?
Re: Yoruba Girls Can't Cook by sunch(m): 9:24pm On Nov 24, 2010
@omega10,
why must u knw where am from. Though i grew up right here in lag, so i knw 'bout the yorubas completely. Still wondering where am frm, just watch it am an emerging non-lagosian but lagosian birth, gov'nor of LAGOS STATE, do u doubt it. The fact remains dat ur chics cnt cook, dats why u wld see droves of them in catering schools, so as to be up to the task.
Re: Yoruba Girls Can't Cook by MetalGong4: 9:29pm On Nov 24, 2010
@poster

Thats a well accepted truth from time immemorial.
Re: Yoruba Girls Can't Cook by tpia5: 9:37pm On Nov 24, 2010
The fact remains dat your chics cnt cook, dats why u wld see droves of them in catering schools, so as to be up to the task.

this comment is s.tupid beyond belief.

not even worth the bother.
Re: Yoruba Girls Can't Cook by sunch(m): 10:42pm On Nov 24, 2010
I dnt want any body to bother, but to examine theirselves and make haste for a change. Noticeably mst educatd yoruba man wld prefer other tribes than theirs, why? Cos when u even marry them they wld be lazy&relunctant to enter d kitchen. Dats when they wld be seeking 4d service of a house-help dat wld take care of their responsible as a woman, wife and mother. Pls dnt bother, but make amend, which is key to a sweet sweet home of good meal
Re: Yoruba Girls Can't Cook by AloyEmeka8: 11:02pm On Nov 24, 2010
sunch:

I dnt want any body to bother, but to examine theirselves and make haste for a change. Noticeably mst educatd yoruba man wld prefer other tribes than theirs, why? Cos when u even marry them they wld be lazy&relunctant to enter d kitchen. Dats when they wld be seeking 4d service of a house-help dat wld take care of their responsible as a woman, wife and mother. Pls dnt bother, but make amend, which is key to a sweet sweet home of good meal

Are you looking for WIFE OR cook? undecided undecided undecided undecided
Re: Yoruba Girls Can't Cook by tpia5: 6:46am On Nov 25, 2010
sunch:

work on your english cos it's not up to par.

hope you know the meaning of up to par.
Re: Yoruba Girls Can't Cook by fstranger: 6:55am On Nov 25, 2010
tpia@:

work on your english cos it's not up to par.

hope you know the meaning of up to par.

Gbam! Gbam!! GBAM!!!
Re: Yoruba Girls Can't Cook by sunch(m): 2:02pm On Nov 25, 2010
The truth is bitter,though. Ehen! u talkd 'bout my english SLANGuage, i wld come back to dat later. But the fact remains dat no man wld want u 2feed him with a kinda ireti(check-mate) catering practical stuffs. POISON!!! abeg

1 Like

Re: Yoruba Girls Can't Cook by omega25red(m): 9:44pm On Nov 28, 2010
sunch:

The truth is bitter,though. Ehen! u talkd 'bout my english SLANGuage, i wld come back to dat later. But the fact remains dat no man wld want u 2feed him with a kinda ireti(check-mate) catering practical stuffs. POISON!!! abeg
so what exactly have you gained by your unnecessary thread? in your humble opinion Yoruba women can't cook. ok your opinion is noted so what next.
you even mentioned that they go to caterring schools which to me seems smart because if you dont know something and you are interested in it you learn it. i cant exactly say the same for you grammar
Re: Yoruba Girls Can't Cook by sunch(m): 12:30pm On Nov 29, 2010
Initially i said, i never meant to offend anyone, but d responses frm you all has been outrageously d reverse. What i expectd frm u is an explicit evidence of your cooking prowess(nt one frm d catering sch.) to prove me wrong wit my probably ill-opinion. Instead you bro/sis kept venting ur anger by pouring in vituperations d opinion. WHY? Be matured, or am i dealing wit children?
Re: Yoruba Girls Can't Cook by babytoun: 2:19pm On Nov 29, 2010
saying it this harsh will sure , get you some knocks. The SE, and SS seem to have so much variety that when their guys pair up with someone from SW, the cooking/meals might not be really exciting at first. Sure a yoruba girl that wants to keep her home would have to learn the different "ofes" that Igbos cherish.

The key is love. The guy learns to put up with what she knows how to prepare at first and the lady learns how to prepare what the girl likes. In the end everyone is happy.
Re: Yoruba Girls Can't Cook by archive(f): 6:02pm On Nov 29, 2010
Find out why Nigerians should leave black magic alone www.thenigerianarchive.
Re: Yoruba Girls Can't Cook by sunch(m): 9:30pm On May 25, 2012
I hope my yoruba sistas have improved by now
Re: Yoruba Girls Can't Cook by Ptolomeus(m): 10:47pm On May 25, 2012
@Sunch: One day a girl Yoruba (or two) you will tie to bed, and there sing the songs you never knew ..
Re: Yoruba Girls Can't Cook by sunch(m): 12:01pm On May 26, 2012
Ptolomeus: @Sunch: One day a girl Yoruba (or two) you will tie to bed, and there sing the songs you never knew ..
cant get that
Re: Yoruba Girls Can't Cook by Tinyemeka(m): 10:53am On May 27, 2012
sunch: I hope my yoruba sistas have improved by now

Bro u harsh O. Coming back after 2 yrs to still ask how far. You neva chop any yoruba food since that time?

That said, I used to think that they were poor cooks (stew with 50% oil, 40% pepper, 8% tomatoes and d rest I don't know what stuff) because none of the foods I tasted were palatable. Till I discovered one Buka where the woman cooks soups even better than some of the Igbo women around. I trip, truthfully. But that is an exception from my experiences. Most yoruba girls I've come across prefer to specialize in just Indomie and eggs. And that's bad in my opinion.
Re: Yoruba Girls Can't Cook by Ptolomeus(m): 5:44pm On May 28, 2012
The world has changed a lot. No one food gives the value previously given. Historically the Yoruba woman was known worldwide for its excellent cuisine. In times of slavery, Yoruba women were selected for the kitchen and thus avoided much harder task. Bahia (Brazil) is an example.
But I do not know the current reality of Yoruba women.
Re: Yoruba Girls Can't Cook by firestar(f): 8:25pm On May 28, 2012
Yet, another stereotype.
Re: Yoruba Girls Can't Cook by amor4ce(m): 12:42am On May 31, 2012
Ptolemeus, know that many tribes/ethnic nationalities in Nigeria have long harbored envy for the Yoruba. Hence their vain attempt to portray us as inferior. It will soon stop for good.

1 Like

Re: Yoruba Girls Can't Cook by NRIPRIEST(m): 1:33pm On May 31, 2012
amor4ce: Ptolemeus, know that many tribes/ethnic nationalities in Nigeria have long harbored envy for the Yoruba. Hence their vain attempt to portray us as inferior. It will soon stop for good.

Did you say ppl harbor "envy" for yorubas Envy you for what exactly

(1) (2) (Reply)

Traditional Beads / The Tragic Story Of Adesuwa And The Obi Of Ubulu-uku / Examples Of House-wife Material In Pictures(what You Should Look Like)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.