Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,771 members, 7,820,706 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 07:55 PM

The Tragic Story Of Adesuwa And The Obi Of Ubulu-uku - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / The Tragic Story Of Adesuwa And The Obi Of Ubulu-uku (4831 Views)

Obi Of Onitsha: I Was Saved From Attacked Train Through Phone Call / "I Am The Igwe And Obi Of Yorubaland" - Abdulrasheed Akanbi, The Oluwo Of Iwo / Ooni Of Ife Arrives Onitsha For The Obi Of Onitsha Ofala Festival- PICTURES (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Tragic Story Of Adesuwa And The Obi Of Ubulu-uku by samuk: 12:27pm On Sep 26, 2021
THE TRAGIC STORY OF ADESUWA AND THE OBI OF UBULU-UKU

Adesuwa was a beautiful princess and daughter of Ezomo N" Uzebu of the ancient Benin kingdom during the reign of Oba Akengbuda in 1752. She was famous for her unrivalled beauty in Benin Kingdom. Adesuwa the beautiful daughter of Ezomo was betrothed to Oba Akengbuda the Oba of Benin.

One fateful day, the newly installed obi of Ubulu-Uku (Obi Olise) who came to Benin to pay homage to the Oba of Benin stopped over at Uzebu the palace of the Ezomo N' Uzebu who was the father of Adesuwa. Obi Olise of Ubulu Uku was arrested by the uncommon beauty of Adesuwa on setting his eyes upon her when she brought kola nuts for the august visitor.

Like the epic tragedy of Troy, Olise plotted to get the fair princess to his harem. He approached the princess later and feigning contingencies, bought a number of goats from her which he promised to pay as soon as he got back to his abode.

However, he reneged on his promise over many market weeks, and by the power of great SORCERY prompted Adesuwa to embark on the ill-fated journey of debt recovery.

Against all advice, Adesuwa arrived Ubulu-Uku to the delight of Olise. Obi Olise indulged Adesuwa to abandon her quest for payment for her goats since he had all along planned to add her to his harem of women. He proposed marriage to the beautiful Princess.

To this, Adesuwa felt insulted and set her tongue loose, and without control, lashed out at Olise, raining abuses and insults on him even before his chiefs. Apparently enraged by her running mouth, Olise instantly beh*aded Adesuwa with a matchet . The maid who accompanied her on the ill-fated trip to Ubulu-Uku ran as far as her legs could carry her to Benin to announce the gruesome and grievous murder of Adesuwa.

Feeling personal grief, Oba Akengbuda mobilized the kingdom’s armies and other vassal warriors to subdue Obi Olise and have him executed by beh*ading the Obi.

Troops under the command of Imaran Adiagbon and another contingent under the Enogie Emokpaogbe the Agboghidi of Ugo, husband of Emokpolo were sent toUbulu-Uku, to avenge the murdered princess .

After several battles, the town of Ubulu-uku was captured and the head of the Obi was brought to Benin.

Credit: Esan blog.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Tragic Story Of Adesuwa And The Obi Of Ubulu-uku by Nobody: 12:27pm On Sep 26, 2021
Ok
Re: The Tragic Story Of Adesuwa And The Obi Of Ubulu-uku by Taich(m): 12:35pm On Sep 26, 2021
Love, money, women and war. Since the times of Adam, women has been the fall of great men.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Tragic Story Of Adesuwa And The Obi Of Ubulu-uku by oz4real83(m): 1:53pm On Sep 26, 2021
We have so many great stories like this that our nollywood can tell but they would rather churn out unrealistic and boring stories. Great civilisations and men have either been made or marred by the power of women. Women have always been a resource that if not properly channeled can lead to the unthinkable grin

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Tragic Story Of Adesuwa And The Obi Of Ubulu-uku by RedboneSmith(m): 3:54pm On Sep 26, 2021
oz4real83:
We have so many great stories like this that our nollywood can tell but they would rather churn out unrealistic and boring stories. Great civilisations and men have either been made or marred by the power of women. Women have always been a resource that if not properly channeled can lead to the unthinkable grin

Launcelot Oduwa Imasuen made a movie about this ten years ago. Olu Jacobs played Oba Akengbuda and Bob-Manuel Udokwu played Obi Olise.

1 Like

Re: The Tragic Story Of Adesuwa And The Obi Of Ubulu-uku by RedboneSmith(m): 4:01pm On Sep 26, 2021
It should be stated that Ubulu-Uku traditions do not agree with Benin traditions on how the war ended. Ubulu-Uku maintains that the war ended in a stalemate and Obi Olise survived it to reign in Ubulu-Uku till he died of old age.

There is a quarter in Ubulu-Uku today called Umuidu (Idu descendants) which was founded by some Benin soldiers that took part in the war. After the campaign failed (so says Ubulu-Uku traditions) some Benin soldiers, afraid to return to Benin and face the wrath of the Oba, decided to settle down at Ubulu-Uku and were graciously absorbed.

There is no objective reason why the Edo-centric version should be held to be the accurate version, and the Ubulu-Uku one as false.

7 Likes

Re: The Tragic Story Of Adesuwa And The Obi Of Ubulu-uku by samuk: 7:51am On Sep 27, 2021
RedboneSmith:
It should be stated that Ubulu-Uku traditions do not agree with Benin traditions on how the war ended. Ubulu-Uku maintains that the war ended in a stalemate and Obi Olise survived it to reign in Ubulu-Uku till he died of old age.

There is a quarter in Ubulu-Uku today called Umuidu (Idu descendants) which was founded by some Benin soldiers that took part in the war. After the campaign failed (so says Ubulu-Uku traditions) some Benin soldiers, afraid to return to Benin and face the wrath of the Oba, decided to settle down at Ubulu-Uku and were graciously absorbed.

There is no objective reason why the Edo-centric version should be held to be the accurate version, and the Ubulu-Uku one as false.

Adesuwa and Obi of UBULU-UKU history is a very popular history, it was even made into a nollywood movie as you have confirmed yourself. Obi olise head was said to have been publicly displayed in Benin for seven days.

I have never heard that Obi Olise survived the war.

Secondly, this is not the first time you've heard a contrary view on Benin/Anioma/Igbo history, there has been atleast two previous occasions you have promised to provide evidence of your claims without fulfilling your promise.

I wouldn't be surprised if there is no tradition in UBULU-UKU confirming what you have just claimed.

1. When I first posted an extract from Dr Nnamdi Azikiwe autobiography where he claimed that his ancestors were from the royal household of Benin, you claimed you have Zik's writings from the 1940s that contradicted his 1970 autobiography, based on your claim others have made the same claim, I have repeatedly requested from you and others that copied you for the said 1940s Zik writings but you are yet to provide it.

2. When I posted the 1875 Ajayi Crowder eyewitness accounts of the aboriginal Asaba people claiming to have migrated from Benin, Ajayi Crowder was on ground in Asaba and interviewed the indigines. He wrote that there were recent migrants from the east who had come to join the older Benin migrants. You wrote that you have a contrary writing that traces the Asaba aboriginal people to east of the Niger. I requested for your evidence, again, you have not yet provided it.

There is actually nothing wrong in holding a contrary opinion, the problem is when such contrary opinion is based on anti Benin sentiments and designed to deceive the less informed about the subject/history. I have cited two examples above were you have in the past made contrary opinions but failed to substantiate your claims despite promising to provide evidence.

There are other examples where you sneered at core easterners that narrate/inquire about Benin heard tradition, folklore and history in their Igbo towns and villages. You are always quick to tell them how such is not important. All these are apart from the tacit support you give to your fellow Yoruba revisionists friends whenever you think you can get away with it.

The reasons above is why I take this your so called UBULU-UKU tradition/version with a pitch of salt.

Cheers.

1 Like

Re: The Tragic Story Of Adesuwa And The Obi Of Ubulu-uku by RedboneSmith(m): 9:41am On Sep 27, 2021
samuk:

Adesuwa and Obi of UBULU-UKU history is a very popular history, it was even made into a nollywood movie as you have confirmed yourself. Obi olise head was said to have been publicly displayed in Benin for seven days.
A movie made by a Benin man, telling the Benin perspective. I hear you.

Obi Olise's head was displayed where? Any evidence? As long as you do not have evidence other than stories you tell in Benin, it is a 'he said, she said' situation.

Why would you hear, when all you've ever been interested in is the Benin angle? You think other communites don't tell their own stories? Or that their stories are not worth attention?

Secondly, this is not the first time you've heard a contrary view on Benin/Anioma/Igbo history, there has been atleast two previous occasions you have promised to provide evidence of your claims without fulfilling your promise.[quote]

?

[quote]I wouldn't be surprised if there is no tradition in UBULU-UKU confirming what you have just claimed.

The problem with Benin people is that you people are quite oblivious of the fact that other people have their own corpus of traditions, making you people very culturally arrogant. Have you read 'Once Upon a Kingdom' by Isidore Okpewho? Have you read the paper on the Ubulu-Uku War written by Dr Emordi? Have you read 'The Sociology of Ubulu-Uku' by Obi Anene? Have you read the History of Ubulu Kingdom written by Esther Wright?

All these are well reaearched work, three of them written by Ubulu scholars, based on Ubulu traditions, and all are agreed that Obi Olise reigned till old age and died of natural causes in Ubulu-Uku.

1. When I first posted an extract from Dr Nnamdi Azikiwe autobiography where he claimed that his ancestors were from the royal household of Benin, you claimed you have Zik's writings from the 1940s that contradicted his 1970 autobiography, based on your claim others have made the same claim, I have repeatedly requested from you and others that copied you for the said 1940s Zik writings but you are yet to provide it.

2. When I posted the 1875 Ajayi Crowder eyewitness accounts of the aboriginal Asaba people claiming to have migrated from Benin, Ajayi Crowder was on ground in Asaba and interviewed the indigines. He wrote that there were recent migrants from the east who had come to join the older Benin migrants. You wrote that you have a contrary writing that traces the Asaba aboriginal people to east of the Niger. I requested for your evidence, again, you have not yet provided it.

You have started lying again. I hate what I don't like. I have shared screenshots of Zik's paper from the 1930s (not 1940s) many times on this forum. I have also provided the title of the paper for whoever wants to go and search for it independently. 'Fragments of Onitsha history'. Stop f'cking lying against me.

During our Asaba argument, I provided materials from scholars, like the Spencers and Elizabeth Isichei, which said nothing about Benin migrants in Asaba, while mentioning Nteje and Igala, plus indigenous Igbo settlements (like Achala) that predate Nnebisi. It's either something is wrong with your ability to retain information, or you just enjoy lying.

There is actually nothing wrong in holding a contrary opinion, the problem is when such contrary opinion is based on anti Benin sentiments and designed to deceive the less informed about the subject/history. I have cited two examples above were you have in the past made contrary opinions but failed to substantiate your claims despite promising to provide evidence.

There are other examples where you sneered at core easterners that narrate/enquire about Benin heard tradition, folklore and history in their Igbo towns and villages. You are always quick to tell them how such is not important. All these are apart from the tacit support you give to your fellow Yoruba revisionists friends whenever you think you can get away with it.

The reasons above is why I take this your so called UBULU-UKU tradition/version with a pitch of salt.

Cheers.
You're just unnecessarily long-winded. *rolls eyes*

Go and ask Ubulu people for their own version of the Adesuwa war.

The same way you take their tradition with a pint of salt, is the same way I take Benin tradition with a pint of salt. As far as I am concerned, no one knows how the war ended. It is a 'he said, she said' scenario.

4 Likes

Re: The Tragic Story Of Adesuwa And The Obi Of Ubulu-uku by samuk: 10:00am On Sep 27, 2021
RedboneSmith:

A movie made by a Benin man, telling the Benin perspective. I hear you.

Obi Olise's head was displayed where? Any evidence? As long as you do not have evidence other than stories you tell in Benin, it is a 'he said, she said' situation.

Why would you hear, when all you've ever been interested in is the Benin angle? You think other communites don't tell their own stories? Or that their stories are not worth attention?

I am still waiting for Zik 1930s or 1940s papers, if you have shared it before, I don't see any reason why it should be difficult to share it again. I will like to read it.

What you shared in our Asaba debate was written much later than Ajayi Crowder 1875 eyewitness accounts. What you shared was written in the 1900s. I want something order than Ajayi Crowder 1875 eyewitness accounts to take you more seriously, not latter possible revisionist history.

I await Zik's 1930s writeup that contradicted his 1970s Benin ancestry claims, I am sure others will also want to read it.

Incase you don't know, there was a rebuttal/rejoinder to Isidore Okpewho by late Dr Peter Ekeh who wasn't a Benin man.

I take your claim that UBULU-UKU have a contrary view of Adesuwa and Obi Olise history with a pitch of salt. I doubt UBULU-UKU tradition is different from Benin tradition on this particular history.

The lack of adequate Benin historians makes other people usually with ulterior motives come to Benin to do their research and end up writing themselves in a favourable way into Benin history. They come in pretending to be genuine researchers, only to end up editing what they were told and replace the history with their lies.

One of your friends is planning such a trip to Benin this December. Unfortunately, there are so many unsuspecting Benin people willing to help such characters not knowing their true intentions and motives.

I also take some aspects of Benin history, especially written by none Benins who were not eyewitnesses to the events they write about with a pitch of salt.

Numerous garbage stories were written as Benin history starting from late 1890s. Fortunately, these garbage stories can be crosscheck/cross referenced with the already well established European eyewitness historical accounts of Benin history.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Tragic Story Of Adesuwa And The Obi Of Ubulu-uku by RedboneSmith(m): 11:21am On Sep 27, 2021
[s]
samuk:

I am still waiting for Zik 1930s or 1940s papers, if you have shared it before, I don't see any reason why it should be difficult to share it again. I will like to read it.

What you shared in our Asaba debate was written much later than Ajayi Crowder 1875 eyewitness accounts. What you shared was written in the 1900s. I want something order than Ajayi Crowder 1875 eyewitness accounts to take you more seriously, not latter possible revisionist history.

I await Zik's 1930s writeup that contradicted his 1970s Benin ancestry claims, I am sure others will also want to read it.

Incase you don't know, there was a rebuttal/rejoinder to Isidore Okpewho by late Dr Peter Ekeh who wasn't a Benin man.

I take your claim that UBULU-UKU have a contrary view of Adesuwa and Obi Olise history with a pitch of salt. I doubt UBULU-UKU tradition is different from Benin tradition on this particular history.

The lack of adequate Benin historians makes other people usually with ulterior motives come to Benin to do their research and end up writing themselves in a favourable way into Benin history. They come in pretending to be genuine researchers, only to end up editing what they were told and replace the history with their lies.

One of your friends is planning such a trip to Benin this December. Unfortunately, there are so many unsuspecting Benin people willing to help such characters not knowing their true intentions and motives.

I also take some aspects of Benin history, especially written by none Benins who were not eyewitnesses to the events they write about with a pitch of salt.

Numerous garbage stories were written as Benin history starting from late 1890s. Fortunately, these garbage stories can be crosscheck/cross referenced with the already well established European eyewitness historical accounts of Benin history.
[/s]
You think it's me you'll drag into another pointless round of back-and-forth. Akuko.

Everyone who has beem following our Benin-Anioma-East back-and-forth saw the Zik screenshots except you. I don't have time for this. The materials are out there, if you can't find them, that's not my problem. Done spoonfeeding Benin trolls.

1 Like

Re: The Tragic Story Of Adesuwa And The Obi Of Ubulu-uku by samuk: 11:55am On Sep 27, 2021
RedboneSmith:
[s][/s]
You think it's me you'll drag into another pointless round of back-and-forth. Akuko.

Everyone who has beem following our Benin-Anioma-East back-and-forth saw the Zik screenshots except you. I don't have time for this. The materials are out there, if you can't find them, that's not my problem. Done spoonfeeding Benin trolls.

Benin trolls?? You are actually the troll here on a thread posted by me.

Your modus operandi is to run away when challenged to substantiate your claims.

You claimed Zik wrote something in the 1930s that contradicted his 1970 autobiography where he claimed Benin ancestry, I simply requested that you provide the 1930 write up for the audience to read, you are throwing tantrums.

1 Like

Re: The Tragic Story Of Adesuwa And The Obi Of Ubulu-uku by RedboneSmith(m): 12:15pm On Sep 27, 2021
samuk:

[s]Benin trolls?? You are actually the troll here on a thread posted by me.

You claimed Zik wrote something in the 1930s that contradicted his 1970 autobiography where he claimed Benin ancestry, I simply requested that you provide the 1930 write up for the audience to read, you are throwing tantrums.
[/s]
Re: The Tragic Story Of Adesuwa And The Obi Of Ubulu-uku by samuk: 12:29pm On Sep 27, 2021
Nnamdi Azikiwe: My Genealogy and Nativity

"Thus, in tracing my paternal lineage, I could say that both parents of my father are direct descendants of Eze Chima. As for me, I can trace my paternal ancestry in this wise: I am the first son of Chukwuemeka, who was the third child and first son of Azikiwe, who was the second son of Molokwu, who was the third son of Ozomaocha, who was the second son of Inosi Onira, who was the fourth son of Dei, the second son of Eze Chima, the founder of Onitsha."
SOURCE - Nnamdi A zikiwe: My Odyssey, Chapter I (Spectrum Books, 1970) "My Genealogy and Nativity" p4
http://nigeriavillagesquare.com/forum/main-square/75723-meaning-history-onitsha.html

"I can trace my maternal ancestry thus: I am the first son of Nwanonaku Rachel Chinwe Ogbenyeanu (Aghadiuno)Azikiwe, who was third daughter of Aghadiuno Ajie, the fifth son of Onowu Agbani, first daughter of Obi Udokwu, the son who descended from five Kings of Onitsha. Five of these rulers of Onitsha were direct lineal descendants of Eze Chima, who led his warrior adventurers when they left Benin to establish the Onitsha city state in about 1748 AD.
" SOURCE - Nnamdi Azikiwe: My Odyssey, Chapter I (Spectrum Books, 1970) "My Genealogy and Nativity" p5

"One day I asked her (grandmother) the meaning of the word 'Onitsha'. She explained that it had historical significance. The terminology meant one who despised another. It is a contraction of two words, Onini to despise, and Ncha meaning others. So that the two words when joined together mean one who despises others. Then I asked her why we despised others. She patted me on the back and told me that it was due to our aristocratic background and tradition. I insisted that she should explain to me the basis of this supercilious social attitude. She told me that we despised others because we descended from the Royal House of Benin and so regarded ourselves as the superiors of other tribes who had no royal blood in their veins, "

"I continued to belabor my grandmother to tell me more of the history and origins of the Onitsha people. She narrated that many many years ago, there lived at Idu (Benin) a great Oba who had many children. Due to a power struggle regarding the right of precedence among princes of the blood and other altercations, there was a civil war in Benin. One day, the supporters of one of the princes insulted and assaulted Queen Asije, the mother of of the Oba of Benin, who was accused of having trespassed on their farmland. Enraged at this evidence of indiscipline and lawlessness, the Oba ordered his war chief and brother, Gbunwala Asije to apprehend and punish the insurgents. In the attempt to penalise them, Chima, the ultimate founder of the Onitsha city-state, a prince of the blood in his own right, led the recalcitrants against his Uncle, Gbunwala. This intensified the civil war which rent the kingdom of Benin in two and led to the founding of Onitsha Ado N'Idu, , " "As the great trek from Benin progressed, some did not have the stout heart of the pioneer-warrior, and decided to settle at different places, known today as Onitsha -Ugbo, Onitsha-Olona, Onitsha-Mili, Obior, Issele Ukwu, Ossomari, Aboh, etc,
" SOURCE - Nnamdi Azikiwe: My Odyssey, Chapter I (Spectrum Books, 1970) "My Genealogy and Nativity" p 11 - 12

1 Like

Re: The Tragic Story Of Adesuwa And The Obi Of Ubulu-uku by Edeyoung: 12:46pm On Sep 27, 2021
RedboneSmith:

Benin had the arm force to curb her vassal state if we are to research on this further we will see the lies

After waring a places the victorius soldiers stay behind to put things in order,
Re: The Tragic Story Of Adesuwa And The Obi Of Ubulu-uku by IDENNAA(m): 2:07pm On Sep 27, 2021
samuk:

Secondly, this is not the first time you've heard a contrary view on Benin/Anioma/Igbo history, there has been atleast two previous occasions you have promised to provide evidence of your claims without fulfilling your promise.

I wouldn't be surprised if there is no tradition in UBULU-UKU confirming what you have just claimed.

There are other examples where you sneered at core easterners that narrate/inquire about Benin heard tradition, folklore and history in their Igbo towns and villages. You are always quick to tell them how such is not important. All these are apart from the tacit support you give to your fellow Yoruba revisionists friends whenever you think you can get away with it.

Cheers.

You always embrace these Bini-centric version because it makes you feel good and boosts your little ego but when you are presented with verifiable versions you act like you suddenly lost comprehension abilities.

How can Bini found Asaba yet you have absolutely nothing in common with Asaba. Are you Bini not ashamed you claimed to have operated an empire that encompasses all southern Nigeria yet not a single ffucking remnants to show for your claims.

You sit in your Bini village claiming Onicha yet you know nothing about Onicha from the beginning...it hurts to be this pathetic. Tomorrow it is Ikwerre but when you are pressed for evidence you start running around like a headless chicken. You guys are just realizing your so called "empire" was actually a Chiefdom that was scared to venture eastward....lol

1 Like

Re: The Tragic Story Of Adesuwa And The Obi Of Ubulu-uku by samuk: 2:16pm On Sep 27, 2021
IDENNAA:

You always embrace these Bini-centric version because it makes you feel good and boosts your little ego but when you are presented with verifiable versions you act like you suddenly lost comprehension abilities.

How can Bini found Asaba yet you have absolutely nothing in common with Asaba. Are you Bini not ashamed you claimed to have operated an empire that encompasses all southern Nigeria yet not a single ffucking remnants to show for your claims.

You sit in your Bini village claiming Onicha yet you know nothing about Onicha from the beginning...it hurts to be this pathetic. Tomorrow it is Ikwerre but when you are pressed for evidence you start running around like a headless chicken. You guys are just realizing your so called "empire" was actually a Chiefdom that was scared to venture eastward....lol

I am sure Zik left behind descendants, channel your grievances to them.

We have nothing to discuss because apart from your usual outburst, you lack substance. If you were to be engaged further now, you will not bring anything meaningful to the discussion other than insults, so, I have no time to waste with you, even your leader Nnamdi Kanu acknowledges Benin greatness.

When you are done fighting Zik's descendants in Anambra state, you can head to Oguta in Imo state and challenge them on their Benin history as narrated below. Enjoy the video.

https://www.google.com/url?q=https://www.bbc.com/igbo/afirika-48565792&sa=U&ved=2ahUKEwiPgLLynb7tAhXI2qQKHaWeBrQQFjAOegQICRAB&usg=AOvVaw3am-fbxDHnMAVrzuqkDP9h

1 Like

Re: The Tragic Story Of Adesuwa And The Obi Of Ubulu-uku by IDENNAA(m): 2:25pm On Sep 27, 2021
samuk:

Benin trolls?? You are actually the troll here on a thread posted by me.

Are you people cursed to lie till eternity or what. I was on the same thread where Redbonesmith posted the screen shot and you saw it and acted like you are dumb , now you are arguing like a deranged man. What is wrong with you Bini people...dem do una?

1 Like

Re: The Tragic Story Of Adesuwa And The Obi Of Ubulu-uku by samuk: 2:27pm On Sep 27, 2021
IDENNAA:

Are you people cursed to lie till eternity or what. I was on the same thread where Redbonesmith posted the screen shot and you saw it and acted like you are dumb , now you are arguing like a deranged man. What is wrong with you Bini people...dem do una?

You are wasting your time barking at the wrong tree. Take your grievances to your Igbo people that claim Benin descent.

1 Like

Re: The Tragic Story Of Adesuwa And The Obi Of Ubulu-uku by IDENNAA(m): 2:32pm On Sep 27, 2021
samuk:

I am sure Zik left behind descendants, channel your grievances to them.

We have nothing to discuss because apart from your usual outburst, you lack substance. If you were to be engaged further now, you will not bring anything meaningful to the discussion other than insults, so, I have no time to waste with you, even your leader Nnamdi Kanu acknowledges Benin greatness.

When you are done fighting Zik's descendants in Anambra state, you can head to Oguta in Imo state and challenge them on their Benin history as narrated below. Enjoy the video.

https://www.google.com/url?q=https://www.bbc.com/igbo/afirika-48565792&sa=U&ved=2ahUKEwiPgLLynb7tAhXI2qQKHaWeBrQQFjAOegQICRAB&usg=AOvVaw3am-fbxDHnMAVrzuqkDP9h

You cant possibly be this daft. Why would I spend time debating a dense brain like you. Its really pointless arguing about Igbo people origin with a Bini man....lol. Come and take Oguta and Onicha nah.

Umuezechima did not start and ended at Onicha....there is Onicha Ukwu , Onicha Olona , Onicha Ugbo , Iselle Asaba ,Iselle Mkpitima etc . They are all Umuezechima closer to you than Onicha Mmili. Start claiming and converting those ones to Bini because they are closed closer to you. You think this is a ludo game.

1 Like

Re: The Tragic Story Of Adesuwa And The Obi Of Ubulu-uku by IDENNAA(m): 2:35pm On Sep 27, 2021
samuk:

You are wasting your time barking at the wrong tree. Take your grievances to your Igbo people that claim Benin descent.

Anybody who claim Bini ancestry is welcomed to leave because Bini land started and ended in Bini. This matter has been over flogged and they are still speaking Igbo , worshipping at Igbo shrines , singing and chanting in Igbo ....how else does one become Igbo...lol

1 Like

Re: The Tragic Story Of Adesuwa And The Obi Of Ubulu-uku by RedboneSmith(m): 4:24pm On Sep 27, 2021
IDENNAA:

Ị na-atụpụrụ the anụmanụ ọnụ. Screenshot that has been shared here multiple times, and which all of them pretended they did not see.

I should come and start rehashing old dead over-repeated conversations and run around fetching old screenshots because I signed up on Nairaland to teach kindergarten. Tah!
Re: The Tragic Story Of Adesuwa And The Obi Of Ubulu-uku by samuk: 5:17pm On Sep 27, 2021
RedboneSmith:

Ị na-atụpụrụ the anụmanụ ọnụ. Screenshot that has been shared here multiple times, and which all of them pretended they did not see.

I should come and start rehashing old dead over-repeated conversations and run around fetching old screenshots because I signed up on Nairaland to teach kindergarten. Tah!

What is this efulefu Igala descendant Igbo wannabe from Illah Delta state saying.
Re: The Tragic Story Of Adesuwa And The Obi Of Ubulu-uku by samuk: 5:30pm On Sep 27, 2021
MEET YOUR ILLAH IGALA PEOPLE
Illah is a town in Delta state. It is made up of Igala and other tribes. The Igala part is called Azanoma.
Azanoma was founded by Prince Asaga and Prince Onaje, both are children of Attah Ayegba Oma Idoko.
Around 15th century, Prince Asaga was sent by his father, Attah Ayegba, to follow the newly crowned Obi Igbo from Idah to Illah to teach Obi's people some music, dances and how to beat ogidi gbo (wooden gong). Due to the hospitality nature of the Illah people he met, he settled down and refused to go back to Idah as his father instructed him to. Staying too long, Attah Ayegba became unsettled and then sent his younger brother, Onaje to go and look for him, and bring him back home. On reaching there, Onaje saw his brother doing very well and very happy with the friendly nature of the people. Onaje was well received by them, and seeing their hospitality too, he didn't go back to but stayed with his elder brother. They both married and formed the Azanoma (Illah Igala) although others said it was formed by/with by Otakpe, another son of Attah Ayegba (which is not my point here to say who is right or not but to identify and reconnect them to Igala in the ancestral home, Idah).
Today, the king of Azanoma is Eze Nmo (Chief Michael Eddoh) and assisted by Agaba Idu (second in command). The present Agaba Idu is of Asaga lineage. His name is Chief Chikweh Maduka. All the cultural activities of Igala are till today carried out by Illah Igala. Although, most of them can no longer speak Igala due to just two person in the midst of many strange people and long stay in foreign land, Igala language is used in most cultural festivals. Thanks to Sir Paul Onelum and sir Emmanuel Ofili, both of Illah Igala for their efforts. And do you know what, Pa Paul Onelum has Igala native uniform, and to let you know also, some Illah Igala adults are currently receiving Igala language lessons to allow them teach their family members. Let this Igala lesson be emulated by other indigenous Igala across the world. Igala blood remains the same, help me welcome Illah Igala home again. Me wola odudu chaka.
I'm Ayegba, and our reunion is my priority, pls join me. Share to inform other Igalas we are there too.
Re: The Tragic Story Of Adesuwa And The Obi Of Ubulu-uku by IDENNAA(m): 8:01pm On Sep 27, 2021
samuk:
MEET YOUR ILLAH IGALA PEOPLE
Illah is a town in Delta state. It is made up of Igala and other tribes. The Igala part is called Azanoma.
Azanoma was founded by Prince Asaga and Prince Onaje, both are children of Attah Ayegba Oma Idoko.
Around 15th century, Prince Asaga was sent by his father, Attah Ayegba, to follow the newly crowned Obi Igbo from Idah to Illah to teach Obi's people some music, dances and how to beat ogidi gbo (wooden gong). Due to the hospitality nature of the Illah people he met, he settled down and refused to go back to Idah as his father instructed him to. Staying too long, Attah Ayegba became unsettled and then sent his younger brother, Onaje to go and look for him, and bring him back home. On reaching there, Onaje saw his brother doing very well and very happy with the friendly nature of the people. Onaje was well received by them, and seeing their hospitality too, he didn't go back to but stayed with his elder brother. They both married and formed the Azanoma (Illah Igala) although others said it was formed by/with by Otakpe, another son of Attah Ayegba (which is not my point here to say who is right or not but to identify and reconnect them to Igala in the ancestral home, Idah).
Today, the king of Azanoma is Eze Nmo (Chief Michael Eddoh) and assisted by Agaba Idu (second in command). The present Agaba Idu is of Asaga lineage. His name is Chief Chikweh Maduka. All the cultural activities of Igala are till today carried out by Illah Igala. Although, most of them can no longer speak Igala due to just two person in the midst of many strange people and long stay in foreign land, Igala language is used in most cultural festivals. Thanks to Sir Paul Onelum and sir Emmanuel Ofili, both of Illah Igala for their efforts. And do you know what, Pa Paul Onelum has Igala native uniform, and to let you know also, some Illah Igala adults are currently receiving Igala language lessons to allow them teach their family members. Let this Igala lesson be emulated by other indigenous Igala across the world. Igala blood remains the same, help me welcome Illah Igala home again. Me wola odudu chaka.
I'm Ayegba, and our reunion is my priority, pls join me. Share to inform other Igalas we are there too.

Bini boy , what the fucck is the point of this twisted and senseless story. So , you Bini people who are yet to win Gelegele back from Ijaw is busy peddling tiny bit and incomplete history of Illah as if Illah people needed your help...lol. Face your problems and leave Illah people alone. Guess what , Onicha , Aguleri , Obosi , Ogbaru etc had Igala migrants , too. Does that make them Igala ? Since Bini also has Igbo migrants that has acculturated into Bini culture does that make Bini an Igbo town ?

Are you Bini people this dense in the brain or what ?

1 Like

Re: The Tragic Story Of Adesuwa And The Obi Of Ubulu-uku by samuk: 9:05pm On Sep 27, 2021
IDENNAA:

Bini boy , what the fucck is the point of this twisted and senseless story. So , you Bini people who are yet to win Gelegele back from Ijaw is busy peddling tiny bit and incomplete history of Illah as if Illah people needed your help...lol. Face your problems and leave Illah people alone. Guess what , Onicha , Aguleri , Obosi , Ogbaru etc had Igala migrants , too. Does that make them Igala ? Since Bini also has Igbo migrants that has acculturated into Bini culture does that make Bini an Igbo town ?

Are you Bini people this dense in the brain or what ?

If that's so, why are you so pained that some Igbo communities and Dr Nnamdi Azikiwe claim Benin ancestry.

I told you before that you have nothing of substance to offer, so find somewhere to hide yourself and allow the Igala efulefu boy speak for himself since for some stupid and foolish reasons he thinks he holds the monopoly and copyright of insults.

Stop wasting my time, go and watch children's cartoon or the videos of Igbo claims of Benin history below.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i4xXMdK8HYQ

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ytmPqtA65YY

1 Like

Re: The Tragic Story Of Adesuwa And The Obi Of Ubulu-uku by samuk: 9:26pm On Sep 27, 2021
IDENNAA:

Anybody who claim Bini ancestry is welcomed to leave because Bini land started and ended in Bini. This matter has been over flogged and they are still speaking Igbo , worshipping at Igbo shrines , singing and chanting in Igbo ....how else does one become Igbo...lol

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rrxQKyPh7I8
Re: The Tragic Story Of Adesuwa And The Obi Of Ubulu-uku by IDENNAA(m): 9:39pm On Sep 27, 2021
samuk:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rrxQKyPh7I8

LMAO...you posted an interview done in Igbo but I don't think you understand Igbo, to begin with. Reason why I called you daft. If you understood what Obi Achebe's narratives why then are you saying Onicha has Bini ancestry ? Are you not ffoolish??
Re: The Tragic Story Of Adesuwa And The Obi Of Ubulu-uku by samuk: 9:47pm On Sep 27, 2021
IDENNAA:

LMAO...you posted an interview done in Igbo but I don't think you understand Igbo, to begin with. Reason why I called you daft. If you understood what Obi Achebe's narratives why then are you saying Onicha has Bini ancestry ? Are you not ffoolish??

You are the one that is foolish otherwise you would have understood my point that most notable personalities from Zik to Igwe Achebe in Igbo land traces their history/ancestry to somewhere outside of Igbo land.

People like yourself are killing yourself for nothing whenever you hear of such history.

Your initial outburst was due to extract from Zik's autobiography where he claimed Benin ancestry, now you have also heard from Igwe Achebe, hope you don't hug a transformer.

Two major historical routes lead to Igbo land, Benin and Igala. This is why some Igbo people traces their history to either Benin or Igala, but Benin features prominently in Igbo history, Benin is ubiquitous in Igbo history, there is nowhere in Igbo land including Nri that Benin is not referenced, learn to leave with it and stop being antagonistic and small minded.

1 Like

Re: The Tragic Story Of Adesuwa And The Obi Of Ubulu-uku by IDENNAA(m): 10:10pm On Sep 27, 2021
samuk:

You are the one that is foolish otherwise you would have understood my point that most notable personalities from Zik to Igwe Achebe in Igbo land traces their history/ancestry to somewhere outside of Igbo land.

People like yourself are killing yourself for nothing whenever you hear of such history.

Your initial outburst was due to extract from Zik's autobiography where he claimed Benin ancestry, now you have also heard from Igwe Achebe, hope you don't hug a transformer.

You are still daft and senseless in your argument because Igbo didn't germinate from the soil , we all came from somewhere that was not originally Igbo land. This also goes for the Yoruba , Fulani , Edoid , Igala etc. People migrate according to economic situations. A monkey even understands this phenomena.

Now , did you say "most notable personalities" ? What does that even mean ? Is Zik and Achebe equal to "most" and even if they are , are they no longer Igbo ? Why are you dragging my people with me ? You posted a video of Obi Achebe saying Onicha started its journey from Ado , in Ile-Ife then stopped at Bini before their final movement to Anambra after the war with your people who didn't welcome the Igbo strangers.

Am inclined to ask why you are so concerned with the identity of an Igbo group who speak Igbo , eat Igbo food , dance Igbo dance , suffered from the same hate meted on the Igbo ? What do you Bini coccckroaches want ?
Re: The Tragic Story Of Adesuwa And The Obi Of Ubulu-uku by samuk: 6:24am On Sep 28, 2021
IDENNAA:

You are still daft and senseless in your argument because Igbo didn't germinate from the soil , we all came from somewhere that was not originally Igbo land. This also goes for the Yoruba , Fulani , Edoid , Igala etc. People migrate according to economic situations. A monkey even understands this phenomena.

Now , did you say "most notable personalities" ? What does that even mean ? Is Zik and Achebe equal to "most" and even if they are , are they no longer Igbo ? Why are you dragging my people with me ? You posted a video of Obi Achebe saying Onicha started its journey from Ado , in Ile-Ife then stopped at Bini before their final movement to Anambra after the war with your people who didn't welcome the Igbo strangers.

Am inclined to ask why you are so concerned with the identity of an Igbo group who speak Igbo , eat Igbo food , dance Igbo dance , suffered from the same hate meted on the Igbo ? What do you Bini coccckroaches want ?

You are empty upstairs, give it a rest.

1 Like

Re: The Tragic Story Of Adesuwa And The Obi Of Ubulu-uku by RedboneSmith(m): 6:42am On Sep 28, 2021
samuk:

What is this efulefu Igala descendant Igbo wannabe from Illah Delta state saying.

Samuel Nosa Nomamuikor, otolo na-enwero nwanne lachaa gị anya!
Re: The Tragic Story Of Adesuwa And The Obi Of Ubulu-uku by samuk: 7:50am On Sep 28, 2021
RedboneSmith:

Samuel Nosa Nomamuikor, otolo na-enwero nwanne lachaa gị anya!

Stop being a coward that's full of empty threats and write in English language for all to read how weak you are. When you are beaten hands down in a debate, you start crying like a baby and issuing empty threats like a coward.

What happened to all the juju in your village you threatened with last time, efulefu Ewu Igala. What makes you think you are capable of threatening a Benin person, nonsense.

You are Igala efulefu Igbo wannabe.

If you know you are incapable of taking insults, don't be stupid and foolish enough to be the first to dish it out. If you cross that line in a civil debate, be ready to take the insults that come your way. Next time keep your insults to yourself, if you a tired of a debate, leave quietly.

I don't know who is Samuel Nosa Nomamuikor.

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Traditional Beads / Myth Or Real Btw Aku/jacob And Edo/edomites / Examples Of House-wife Material In Pictures(what You Should Look Like)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 154
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.