Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,807 members, 7,810,100 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 08:44 PM

If Your Wife-To-Be Can't Cook - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / If Your Wife-To-Be Can't Cook (12322 Views)

Jamos Can't Cook. / Yoruba Girls Can't Cook / ~Are There Really Women Who Can't Cook . . .?~ (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

If Your Wife-To-Be Can't Cook by Free(f): 4:41pm On Feb 23, 2006
"This Will Not Work Out Because You Cant Cook"

This is for the guys. Let's say you know you've meet a girl that you really really like, but later you found out she can't cook. Will you let her go, or just say oh we can eat out, its okay?

I am asking this because I was talking to this man and he said that he dated this girl for a while and she didn't know how to cook so he let her go, because he likes his food. *coughs* bullshiit

And I know nowadays some men are cooking so they don't mind if their wives don't know how to cook, big ups to them. And some women got degrees now and think its beyond them to put some food on the table, because she working and the husband is workin, so why should she come home from working double hours and put food on the table?

While the men could have done it, but instead comes home and sit and wait?
Re: If Your Wife-To-Be Can't Cook by smartsoft(m): 5:05pm On Feb 23, 2006
if i do like her, i will teach how to cook and somehow someday she's got ta learn how to cook and we will be happy together.
Re: If Your Wife-To-Be Can't Cook by Free(f): 5:19pm On Feb 23, 2006
das good, good for you
but what if, she just dont like cookin and wont want to learn even when ur willing
to teach her,
Re: If Your Wife-To-Be Can't Cook by Rhodalyn(f): 5:21pm On Feb 23, 2006
did u marry her 4 da sake of love or 4 da sake of cooking?
i'll teach her after all no1 is perfect
Re: If Your Wife-To-Be Can't Cook by Seun(m): 5:28pm On Feb 23, 2006
If I see you as being worth marrying, cooking is not at all what will disqualify you. We'll just hire a cook. I and my wife will spend time basking lovingly in each other's arms and feeding each other strawberries while waiting for the cook to finish with our food!

So it's not a difficult scenario at all. Life is to short for one to be forcing someone to do what she doesn't want to do when there are other people who would be happy to do it and get paid.

The only thing I would find difficult to accept is if she doesn't like taking care of children. That's not something I'm willing to outsource, but cooking definitely is. What are professional chefs for?
Re: If Your Wife-To-Be Can't Cook by Free(f): 6:06pm On Feb 23, 2006
but you know wat sometimes staff like this is not really
important expecially if you are inlove at first , but as time goes on it becomes a problem
in a relationship,, next thing you know you lost him to someother gurl cuz she cooks,

I and my wife will spend time basking lovingly in each other's arms and feeding each other strawberries while waiting for the cook to finish with our food!
not everybody got money like that to waste,
Re: If Your Wife-To-Be Can't Cook by Seun(m): 6:19pm On Feb 23, 2006
If people can waste money on movies, sports, TV, vacations, et cetera why not waste it on what will bring peace and help reduce the woman's stress? Such a woman will have more time to work and make money to pay the cook.

The cook might not even be permantly employed - she might come in a certain period during the day to cook and when we get home we just microwave it. The cook might offer similar services to several families around the area. Or we might eat out most of the time and then have a cook on weekends to remind us of what we're missing.

It's all about having a comfortable lifestyle. What's the point of life if you can't enjoy it?
Re: If Your Wife-To-Be Can't Cook by kajad(m): 6:45pm On Feb 23, 2006
e no go work angry

1 Like

Re: If Your Wife-To-Be Can't Cook by Free(f): 6:50pm On Feb 23, 2006
et cetera why not waste it on what will bring peace and help reduce the woman's stress?
u think cookin is stress??

The cook might not even be permantly employed - she might come in a certain period during the day to cook and when we get home we just microwave it.  The cook might offer similar services to several families around the area.  Or we might eat out most of the time and then have a cook on weekends

it sounds to me like you want a wife who wont do much, but sit and enjoy

to remind us of what we're missing.
so u mean to tell me you cant do that if your wife cookes for you??
Re: If Your Wife-To-Be Can't Cook by Nobody: 7:00pm On Feb 23, 2006
if u love her, teach her to cook. if she loves you, she'll be enthusiastic to learn and put in some effort.
true that more men (yours sincerely included) are good cooks but my dear, once a naija ever a naija. everyone loves his woman performing some culinary tricks in her "kingdom".
Re: If Your Wife-To-Be Can't Cook by lowo(m): 7:15pm On Feb 23, 2006
a HUNGRY man , is an ANGRY man, make she sabi cook, i no play with my tommy grin grin grin grin grin
Re: If Your Wife-To-Be Can't Cook by Nobody: 7:17pm On Feb 23, 2006
@seun

nawa for u. your posts do not sound like they realistically come from a nigerian.

If I see you as being worth marrying, cooking is not at all what will disqualify you.  We'll just hire a cook.

Hire a cook indeed! And that cook will live with you for as long as you are married? How many cooks are you planning on hiring in ur lifetime? and i presume your cooks are in charge of teaching ur daughters to cook?

I and my wife will spend time basking lovingly in each other's arms and feeding each other strawberries while waiting for the cook to finish with our food!
"basking lovingly" my dear lasts only the first 1-2 yrs of marriage. After that, children, finance, bad habbits will begin to take it's toll on your marriage. and i presume you intend to get those strawberries in nigeria?

why not waste it on what will bring peace and help reduce the woman's stress?

So your mother told you she was stressed all those yrs she cooked for you and your father? and she and your dad "fought" over her food abi?

Or we might eat out most of the time and then have a cook on weekends to remind us of what we're missing.

Do some mathematics here boy:
one good plate of food at Mr. Biggs shld be about #150 plus drinks at the cheapest. A
assuming there is no inflation; that will be 2 plates of food at #150 at least 2ce daily for 5 days = #3000 per week for food alone.
At that rate = #12000 per month only on "eating out" for 2 alone!
Please include 2 children, at approximately #2000 per child per week, you spend #4000 per child per week = #16000 per month
Total = #28000 per month for food only for the family.
Plus rent + school fees + clothes + toiletries and household conveniences,
My brother, you think this nairaland admin thing is what will sustain you?

have a cook on weekends to remind us of what we're missing
Oh so you knew you were missing something!  shocked
Re: If Your Wife-To-Be Can't Cook by axeprince(m): 7:24pm On Feb 23, 2006
I hope we will stop trying to be American for once and come down to our root.

There is no point in working your a$$ out and you can't come back home to a decent meal at least.

What is happy home?, This is basically african mentality, and it's here to stay, like it, like it not.

She can't cook? trouble, this does not neccessarily means I am marrying a cook oo, don't take it that far, but simple logic says, give your husband what he cannot get anywhere else(or give your wife something she cannot find out there), that is why she is the "special one".

back to the question,, No will do, thankz
Re: If Your Wife-To-Be Can't Cook by vickybabe(f): 9:11pm On Feb 23, 2006
ma fe o (ajebooo) dont marry her o.
Re: If Your Wife-To-Be Can't Cook by JosBoy4Lif(m): 9:29pm On Feb 23, 2006
My wife must no how to cook. That is an absolute must
If she doesnt, dat no make it! tongue
Re: If Your Wife-To-Be Can't Cook by raldsfield(m): 9:35pm On Feb 23, 2006
The elders said the way to a man heart is his tommy oh!

I can cook, anyway but I don't think my food taste that great.

I can marry someone that is willing to learn to cook, at least cooking is an

act that can be learned. If we marry and she doesn't want to cook. For me it is no

problem, am sure am still handsome enough for someone to find a way the to my heart.

I will find somewhere to take my dinner every evening, fill my tommy well well and come home to

gist with her. cool
Re: If Your Wife-To-Be Can't Cook by JosBoy4Lif(m): 9:38pm On Feb 23, 2006
Damn Raldsfield, though u have a totally different view
I got as respect that. BIG UPS grin grin cheesy
Re: If Your Wife-To-Be Can't Cook by Seun(m): 10:08pm On Feb 23, 2006
I want a wife that spends all her time thinking of how to make the world a better place, become a finance minister, teach her children values, et cetera. I am very much dissapointed by ladies that are only excited by cooking, cleaning, fashion and romance. Those are boring ladies, men. Cook, clean, look beautiful for men. Life must be more than that!

So if I get that rare kind of lady that has laudable ambitions worth supporting, or one who is a good supporter of ambitions, then I won't even ask whether she can cook or not. I'll be too busy feeling lucky to have her. I won't have time to fuss over less relevant things like cooking that any village nanny can handle for a small monthly fee. kiss
Re: If Your Wife-To-Be Can't Cook by luridguy(m): 10:43pm On Feb 23, 2006
am a kind of person who does not feel he as eaten untill he eats at home ,if my wife to be does not know how to cook or does not want to ,it will be very difficult for that marraige to work ooooo i must confess. She does not need to be a super cook or do i need her to be cooking every time or be an house wife but once in a while i want to come home and my wife will say honey i have prepared something for you, i can cook and i will gladly cook for my wife or with my wife , i dont know how a woman will not want to at least once in a while cook for her husband as for me it will be a big problem thou not big enough to stop me from marrying her but she must cook for me.The thing is if i was awoman i would not feel right if my husband does not eat food made by me because i cant cook i will go learn even if it is the simplest dish .i think all women should learn how to cook a little
Re: If Your Wife-To-Be Can't Cook by Nobody: 11:28pm On Feb 23, 2006
Are ladies welcome on this thread?
Re: If Your Wife-To-Be Can't Cook by iginla(m): 11:48pm On Feb 23, 2006
then she is not my wife,I need to check her wife entry qualification again,may be she used jazz.
no cooking no marriage
Re: If Your Wife-To-Be Can't Cook by Nobody: 11:56pm On Feb 23, 2006
lipsrsealed
Re: If Your Wife-To-Be Can't Cook by Free(f): 11:59pm On Feb 23, 2006
well i know guys expect their wives to know how to cook
just as a woman would expect her husband to fix things around the
house, i wouldnt wanna marry a guy who cant fix things around the house,
Re: If Your Wife-To-Be Can't Cook by Nobody: 12:06am On Feb 24, 2006
PERIOD
Re: If Your Wife-To-Be Can't Cook by Free(f): 12:19am On Feb 24, 2006
Word~
Re: If Your Wife-To-Be Can't Cook by ocho(f): 2:25am On Feb 24, 2006
iginla:

no cooking no marriage
chaiiiii!!!!! that wan harsh naw.lol
@free: True that girl! we women want our men handy wink
not a handy man, no marraige!!!!!!!!!let me think about that for a sec sha undecided
Re: If Your Wife-To-Be Can't Cook by Idekeson(m): 3:44am On Feb 24, 2006
Wifey soppose cookoooh! I can help boil the rice.
Re: If Your Wife-To-Be Can't Cook by kajad(m): 9:24am On Feb 24, 2006
some men no get teast bud so this Q is not being fair to them. These guys go wack anything no matter how bad so good cooking wife is not important.
for me sha, i fit manage a bad cook if she go dey bring the wey we go take eat out 24/7, ok not exactly 24/7 i fit take tea in the morning at least she go sabi boil water well abi that one no be cooking?
Re: If Your Wife-To-Be Can't Cook by shockreaction(m): 9:45am On Feb 24, 2006
Heh. I'll still marry her if I do love her. It's all about love, isn't it?
Re: If Your Wife-To-Be Can't Cook by nikinash(f): 10:07am On Feb 24, 2006
"basking lovingly" my dear lasts only the first 1-2 years of marriage. After that, children, finance, bad habbits will begin to take it's toll on your marriage. and i presume you intend to get those strawberries in nigeria?

that is so not true! i have been married for many years and the 'basking lovingly' has intensified rather than diminish!
Re: If Your Wife-To-Be Can't Cook by Greatpeter(m): 10:52am On Feb 24, 2006
If my wife to be can't cook, I will send her to catherine school!
Re: If Your Wife-To-Be Can't Cook by hayo(m): 12:48pm On Feb 24, 2006
Seun, I feel you but I believe there are still very intelligent and ambitious young women who still understand the simple principle - make your husband happy.
And one of those ways is to provide good meals for the family, it is just a natural process that can't be over-emphasised. I don't fault your philosophy about eating out and having chefs, but you will need more than chefs when your wife can't cook - I am sure she also won't know other things and you will need a housegirl which in itself is a risk. Housegirls lure husbands, though some don't fall for the trick but they can also be bad influence on the kids. I prefer my house to be strictly me and my nuclear family. And do you think men are that lazy - no some of us are domesticated and believe me if we also want to leave our responsibilities like making sure power supply is in the house, keeping the lawn mowed, fixing all sorts of things, then we will have to hire a retinue of workers in the house.
For me, I will marry an intelligent, goal-getting babe who is also domesticated and I will make sure I help her in chores and do mine too. Some things are for men to fix in the house, period!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Top 10 Of The Richest Kings In Nigeria (2019) And Their Cars / What Does Your Name Mean? / Wait!! Before You Marry That Your Igbo Girlfriend, You Have To Read This!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.