Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,525 members, 7,819,891 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 05:18 AM

Better Not To Vow Than To Vow And Not Remit It - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Better Not To Vow Than To Vow And Not Remit It (248 Views)

Make A Vow And Fulfill Them / Archbishop Asks Government To Deduct 10% From Workers Salary And Remit To Church / "For Better For Worse" Is It Supposed To Be Used During Vow? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Better Not To Vow Than To Vow And Not Remit It by paxonel(m): 3:00pm On Nov 17, 2019
Please, is there offence to vow in church following an alter call at the end the person did not remit the vow for reasons that the money he is expecting failed to come?
Will God be angry with such person like you wouldn't have taken the vow in the first place, therefore i will strike your life with poverty or something ?

what do you think?
Re: Better Not To Vow Than To Vow And Not Remit It by Progress62(m): 3:11pm On Nov 17, 2019
The money no dey e no dey God understands
Re: Better Not To Vow Than To Vow And Not Remit It by nlPoster: 1:23am On Nov 18, 2019
paxonel:
Please, is there offence to vow in church following an alter call at the end the person did not remit the vow for reasons that the money he is expecting failed to come?

You said the money expected did not materialize, why is there still a question?

By vow you mean free offering I assume.

Vow is under Old Testament law.
Re: Better Not To Vow Than To Vow And Not Remit It by nlPoster: 1:26am On Nov 18, 2019
Exodus 22:26-27

If ever you take your neighbor's cloak in pledge, you shall return it to him before the sun goes down, for that is his only covering, and it is his cloak for his body; in what else shall he sleep? And if he cries to me, I will hear, for I am compassionate.
Re: Better Not To Vow Than To Vow And Not Remit It by paxonel(m): 8:52pm On Nov 19, 2019
nlPoster:

You said the money expected did not materialize, why is there still a question?

By vow you mean free offering I assume.

Vow is under Old Testament law.
but it is assumed that it better not to vow at all than to vow and not remit

(1) (Reply)

Evangelist Dies After Being Stabbed In The Heart On Streets Of Turkey / Top 10 Stage Music Performances At The Experience Concert / To The Marlians!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.