Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,194 members, 7,822,026 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 02:21 AM

How Can I Make Friends? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / How Can I Make Friends? (821 Views)

I Make Great Cakes. Please Whatsapp Me / How Do People Make Friends / I Make Delicious And Affordable Cakes And Cupcakes. Call Or Whatsapp Me. Thanks. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Can I Make Friends? by CapedBaldy: 6:49pm On Nov 17, 2019
I found myself in a social gathering today where everyone was interacting with each other but I was just alone in a corner. I'm not shy I just don't know what people talk about. I'm turning 20 next year and I only have about 10 friends or less. I want to know how to associate with people and not feel so awkward. The only person I can talk to easily right now is my co-worker. We see each other everyday so it's pretty easy to talk to him. I also speak well with customers at work but when it comes to regular socializing I'm completely clueless. So I do I make friends?

1 Like

Re: How Can I Make Friends? by desvi: 6:59pm On Nov 17, 2019
CapedBaldy:
I found myself in a social gathering today where everyone was interacting with each other but I was just alone in a corner. I'm not shy I just don't know what people talk about. I'm turning 20 next year and I only have about 10 friends or less. I want to know how to associate with people and not feel so awkward. The only person I can talk to easily right now is my co-worker. We see each other everyday so it's pretty easy to talk to him. I also speak well with customers at work but when it comes to regular socializing I'm completely clueless. So I do I make friends?

that is not enough?

5 Likes

Re: How Can I Make Friends? by Ishilove: 7:08pm On Nov 17, 2019
CapedBaldy:
A whole 10 friends and you're still complaining?

5 Likes

Re: How Can I Make Friends? by crackhaus: 7:19pm On Nov 17, 2019
Next time you're going to a social event/gathering, invite a friend or your partner/spouse to tag along with you.
If none of the above are available, invite an acquaintance - someone you're still getting to know.

The point is to always avoid going alone to places where you're not sure you'll know anyone, it will save you from looking like a serial killer sitting awkwardly in one corner.

7 Likes

Re: How Can I Make Friends? by olabrinks(f): 7:27pm On Nov 17, 2019
If he wants more than ten friends then what is the issue? Some people have joy befriending loads of people and having contacts on their phone. We live in a world now where social isolation is seen as the norm, people prefer to spend hours on the phone rather than interacting with people in the real world. Some people are naturally introverts yes, but some people want to mingle with as many people as possible and they’re a whole lot of advantages to that. Let him be.
Ishilove:

Re: How Can I Make Friends? by donstan18: 7:35pm On Nov 17, 2019
Those ten friends of yours are possibly better than hundreds of friends of some people.

Be yourself and focus on the things that matters.

1 Like

Re: How Can I Make Friends? by CapedBaldy: 7:40pm On Nov 17, 2019
Ishilove:

well they are all far away now and I don't see them often. they are friends from secondary school and we are all losing touch with each other
Re: How Can I Make Friends? by Richy4(m): 6:13am On Nov 18, 2019
why not start with hi and see where it will lead.. It is not compulsory that you most run a commentary
Re: How Can I Make Friends? by MizMyColi(f): 7:47am On Nov 18, 2019
desvi:

that is not enough?

Help me ask please smiley

1 Like

Re: How Can I Make Friends? by Nobody: 8:57am On Nov 18, 2019
I think what the OP is asking is how to interact/socialize when in a gathering.

Not just making friends but contributing to discussions/topics when in a gathering.

1 Like

Re: How Can I Make Friends? by CapedBaldy: 9:28am On Nov 18, 2019
stupidity:
I think what the OP is asking is how to interact/socialize when in a gathering.

Not just making friends but contributing to discussions/topics when in a gathering.
yes that's exactly what I mean

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How Can I Make Friends? by Nobody: 10:01am On Nov 18, 2019
CapedBaldy:

yes that's exactly what I mean
how good are you with contributing to discussions?? That’s what really matters. Don’t just sit/stand and look.
Re: How Can I Make Friends? by CsRockefeller(m): 10:58am On Nov 18, 2019
As I get older, my friends list begins to reduce.

On Watsap, I have over 300 contacts, bit, only about 5 I can rely on, or call my friends.

I'm a lonely guy, but, I prefer it. The world out there is a cold one, I've been burnt many times.

Making friends is a good thing, just be careful, so many snakes out there masking as lizards.

1 Like

Re: How Can I Make Friends? by CapedBaldy: 12:44pm On Nov 18, 2019
stupidity:
how good are you with contributing to discussions?? That’s what really matters. Don’t just sit/stand and look.
not good at all

1 Like

Re: How Can I Make Friends? by Ifeanyi4491(m): 12:08am On Nov 19, 2019
Bro you even get time for that...
Re: How Can I Make Friends? by CapedBaldy: 9:21am On Nov 19, 2019
Ifeanyi4491:
Bro you even get time for that...
well I work 10 hrs a day so I don't really have time to hang out with anyone.

(1) (Reply)

15 Stupid Things A Wife Can Do To Mess Up Her Marriage… / “How Funke Akindele Treated Me After My Marriage Crashed”, Princess / Grateful heart

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.