Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,149 members, 7,818,450 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 04:06 PM

Dayo Amusa: Why I Made My HIV Status Public - Celebrities (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Dayo Amusa: Why I Made My HIV Status Public (98327 Views)

Jacqueline Nyamide 'Wilbroda': My HIV Positive Househelp Breastfed My Son / Dayo Amusa's Denim Jean To A TV Show With Mercy Aigbe Got Fans Talking / Dayo Amusa - Why Women Like Me Attract Cheating Partners "PICTURES" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Dayo Amusa: Why I Made My HIV Status Public by ALPHABASE: 9:05pm On Nov 17, 2019
SEGUN THE EYE ARINZE shocked
Re: Dayo Amusa: Why I Made My HIV Status Public by BOBAN2710: 9:05pm On Nov 17, 2019
oniranu
if mine was positive i would have even posted it...
miss ELENU!

1 Like

Re: Dayo Amusa: Why I Made My HIV Status Public by merryossai(m): 9:05pm On Nov 17, 2019
a

1 Like

Re: Dayo Amusa: Why I Made My HIV Status Public by Nobody: 9:06pm On Nov 17, 2019
[s]
Gistring:
Top Nollywood actress and singer, Dayo Amusa is rearing to hit the cinemas with her latest film “Omoniyun” from November 29, 2019. The film which stars Segun Arinze, Bimbo Thomas, Toyin Alausa, Seilat Adebowale, Muyiwa Ademola and a host of others focuses on the protection of the girl child. According to her, the movie will engender discourse on the plight of the girl child. In this interview she talks about the film and other things

What gave you the inspiration to make the movie “Omoniyun”?

I’m this one person that draws inspiration from things that happen around me, things I hear, things I read and things I get to see on daily basis. I did not write the script but when I got the story, I liked it so I did one or two corrections and it was perfect. The story is about child molestation, parental negligence and child marriage.

I played the role of a nurse known as Omoniyan, a lady loved by the kids, and the community. Before now, I had the opportunity to experience a particular situation in Sagamu, where an eleven years old child was molested, so, when I received the script, I found it interesting because it’s the kind of story I like to treat. I like stories that have to do with social issues. I kind of have the strength to explain and make people see what’s happening in our society.

This issue of girl child marriage, child abuse happens everywhere and everyday but we are not addressing the issues, not because we don’t know it exists but no one wants to be the voice and nobody wants to be too involved. This is a platform to advocate and to kick against child molestation as a film maker, it’s just my own little way to give back to the society. I have chosen to educate people on some social matters happening around us.

Why did you chose to cast Segun Arinze in the movie?

I needed someone that could help interpret the role perfectly, so I saw no other person as at that time than uncle Segun. I have had opportunity to see the way and manner he interpreted some certain roles, so I saw him as the right person to interpret the role. It was indeed a collective effort. Muyiwa Ademola is someone I have worked with too, he takes time to bring out the best from each character, he came up with fantastic ideas when I told him about the story. He takes time to address each character to know if you truly understands your role.

The story has a background of the 70s and 80s, how difficult was it to get costumes?

I like works that are challenging, I try to give in my best, the movie is a unique one and I believed it’s achievable, so making it real wasn’t really difficult. We had gotten things in place, the set, the costumes, the housing and everything, it was a beautiful one.

So, what were the challenges making this movie?

The challenge I had was while shooting the movie. We made the movie at first in Abeokuta and unfortunately we lost all the contents but we were only able to retrieve just 35% of the movie and lost 65% which is more like the entire movie. I had to keep the project aside for a while. But when I thought of the message I had to pass to people through that movie, I had to call my cast and crew again to reshoot the movie in Ijebu ode. Everyone understood the situation and gave me their best just as they did in the first shooting.

How do you intend to get back your money from the movie?

As a film maker, we all have different reasons we make movies. Of course, nobody wants to do a movie without getting back their money but like I said, there are some things you do that go beyond the intention to make money from cinema, DVD, or online. This movie has to do with advocacy, about child marriage, parental negligent, I have NGOs that have supported in one way or the other, the Lagos State government are in support as well as both the Ministry of Women Affairs and the Ministry of Youth and Social Development Affairs. They saw the movie and were all proud of it so they gave their 100% support, that’s enough for me. Although I’m s

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.vanguardngr.com/2019/11/why-i-made-my-hiv-status-public-dayo-amusa/amp/
[/s]
Re: Dayo Amusa: Why I Made My HIV Status Public by lekzy116(m): 9:06pm On Nov 17, 2019
Too long for me to read, am busy.
Does she have HIV or what sad sad

1 Like

Re: Dayo Amusa: Why I Made My HIV Status Public by Omoapena(m): 9:06pm On Nov 17, 2019
Ha
Re: Dayo Amusa: Why I Made My HIV Status Public by Nobody: 9:07pm On Nov 17, 2019
davodyguy:

SMH
Izzit true or fake news?
Re: Dayo Amusa: Why I Made My HIV Status Public by Nobody: 9:07pm On Nov 17, 2019
lekzy116:
Too long for me to read, am busy.
Does she have HIV or what sad sad
We don't know.. let's wait for one jobless person to read the epistle up there

1 Like

Re: Dayo Amusa: Why I Made My HIV Status Public by KanuSE: 9:08pm On Nov 17, 2019
Smartchoiice:
Is dayo amusa HIV positive?

Longmessagephobia!!

I bet you didn't read the post or you have a problem with comprehension.

1 Like

Re: Dayo Amusa: Why I Made My HIV Status Public by akdjr(m): 9:08pm On Nov 17, 2019
Your are a true living being.quote author=bigboyk post=84122675]Every soul must taste death. I'll die when it's my time to die. I don't want to know my status.[/quote]
Re: Dayo Amusa: Why I Made My HIV Status Public by Mrshape: 9:08pm On Nov 17, 2019
bigboyk:
Every soul must taste death. I'll die when it's my time to die. I don't want to know my status.
I am contemplating that reasoning too
Re: Dayo Amusa: Why I Made My HIV Status Public by olisaEze(m): 9:08pm On Nov 17, 2019
U posted a -ve status to encourage which pipo? Abii nor be advert for new customers u dey try do so! grin

2 Likes

Re: Dayo Amusa: Why I Made My HIV Status Public by Nobody: 9:09pm On Nov 17, 2019
KanuSE:

I bet you didn't read the post or you have a problem with comprehension.
Ok. But is she hiv positive? Thank you.

Re: Dayo Amusa: Why I Made My HIV Status Public by shogsman(m): 9:11pm On Nov 17, 2019
benjamin007:
Fellow I don't care people let's settle this once and for all...like for Ronaldo Share for Messi

Is the likes and shares going to amount to Cash for you or it's just your low slef esteem that is talking.

1 Like

Re: Dayo Amusa: Why I Made My HIV Status Public by Rawtruth1: 9:12pm On Nov 17, 2019
If you were positive would you have made it known publicly? Attention seekers everywhere
Re: Dayo Amusa: Why I Made My HIV Status Public by KanuSE: 9:12pm On Nov 17, 2019
Smartchoiice:

Ok. But is she hiv positive? Thank you.

Wait let me ask ifá. undecided
Re: Dayo Amusa: Why I Made My HIV Status Public by Nobody: 9:13pm On Nov 17, 2019
KanuSE:

Wait let me ask ifá. undecided
Do quick.

Re: Dayo Amusa: Why I Made My HIV Status Public by Nobody: 9:13pm On Nov 17, 2019
smiley
Re: Dayo Amusa: Why I Made My HIV Status Public by Nobody: 9:14pm On Nov 17, 2019
fairfora:
People think hiv had no cure but that policeman's wife and one other guy i referred to a company in ibadan established by a prof in UI who diversified into alternative medicine would remain thankful forever. They're confirmed negative. Though it didn't come without a prize. The best option is abstinence cos not everyone can afford it.

FAKE NEWS

Re: Dayo Amusa: Why I Made My HIV Status Public by moshino(m): 9:16pm On Nov 17, 2019
SultanOfAbia:
FTC!!!
Like for Afonja PUNA,
Share for Igbo PUNA..

Another fool.

2 Likes

Re: Dayo Amusa: Why I Made My HIV Status Public by jibrilELsudan: 9:16pm On Nov 17, 2019
Wether she HIV + or -, either way am still fvcking her and shooting my hot cum in her mouth.

Re: Dayo Amusa: Why I Made My HIV Status Public by Nobody: 9:18pm On Nov 17, 2019
jibrilELsudan:
Wether she HIV + or -, either way am still fvcking her and shooting my hot cum in her mouth.
Hmmm maynation hello
Re: Dayo Amusa: Why I Made My HIV Status Public by Strawberryg(f): 9:18pm On Nov 17, 2019
fairfora:
People think hiv had no cure but that policeman's wife and one other guy i referred to a company in ibadan established by a prof in UI who diversified into alternative medicine would remain thankful forever. They're confirmed negative. Though it didn't come without a prize. The best option is abstinence cos not everyone can afford it.
Story for the gods
Re: Dayo Amusa: Why I Made My HIV Status Public by Nobody: 9:19pm On Nov 17, 2019
Smartchoiice:

FAKE NEWS
Nothing is fake here.
Re: Dayo Amusa: Why I Made My HIV Status Public by Nobody: 9:20pm On Nov 17, 2019
Strawberryg:

Story for the gods
ok
Re: Dayo Amusa: Why I Made My HIV Status Public by Alvin212(m): 9:21pm On Nov 17, 2019
Yuck

Yucker

Yuckest

This one na watery punana

When you Chuck preeq
Water will start gushing out

Spit,,,,
Re: Dayo Amusa: Why I Made My HIV Status Public by Enemyofpeace: 9:22pm On Nov 17, 2019
Smartchoiice:
Is dayo amusa HIV positive?

Longmessagephobia!!
so you doesn't know since all these years. Thank God I used my mouth to do it, if not I would have bean infected too
Re: Dayo Amusa: Why I Made My HIV Status Public by jibrilELsudan: 9:23pm On Nov 17, 2019
Smartchoiice:

Hmmm maynation hello

Hi sugar how ya.

Re: Dayo Amusa: Why I Made My HIV Status Public by 0monnak0da: 9:25pm On Nov 17, 2019
shogsman:
WTF,who cares about your hiv status,somethings just gotta stay private even as a celebrity.
think ........

use your head
Re: Dayo Amusa: Why I Made My HIV Status Public by benjamin007: 9:25pm On Nov 17, 2019
shogsman:

Is the likes and shares going to amount to Cash for you or it's just your low slef esteem that is talking.
when Jesus said its finished he was talking about your brain power
Re: Dayo Amusa: Why I Made My HIV Status Public by Nobody: 9:35pm On Nov 17, 2019
mtsww total crap
Re: Dayo Amusa: Why I Made My HIV Status Public by shogsman(m): 9:36pm On Nov 17, 2019
benjamin007:
when Jesus said its finished he was talking about your brain power

I'd reply you but it would only propound to your esteem issues.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Khoudia Diop Charcoal Black African Model Who Doesn't Believe In Bleaching / Chioma, The Chef Chi: No Makeup Pictures Of Davido's Girlfriend / Ned Nwoko & Laila Charani, His Moroccan Wife Take A Ride

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.