Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,532 members, 7,816,300 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 09:06 AM

Again, Wike Declares Rivers Christian State - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Again, Wike Declares Rivers Christian State (29738 Views)

Asari Dokubo To Governor Fubara: Rivers Is Not A Christian State / Rivers Is Not A Christian State, Wike - Punch Editorial / Governor Wike: Rivers Is A Christian State – No Apologies (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Again, Wike Declares Rivers Christian State by FactBoyz: 11:42am On Nov 18, 2019
grin
Re: Again, Wike Declares Rivers Christian State by Zombiekiller010: 11:42am On Nov 18, 2019
Any problem with that?
Re: Again, Wike Declares Rivers Christian State by Mshad662(m): 11:43am On Nov 18, 2019
YES IT IS A CHRISTIAN STATE.
IF YOU DON'T LIKE IT GO AND DIE.

CITIZENS OF THE STATE DID NOT OPPOSE HIS VIEW.

SO WHO THE MAGA DO YOU THINK YOU ARE THAT YOU OPINION WOULD MATTER?

1 Like

Re: Again, Wike Declares Rivers Christian State by Ttipsy(f): 11:43am On Nov 18, 2019
lastmessenger:
A state having a christain population of over 96% is best described as a Christian state. If you don't like that relocate to sokoto.
like seriously,, I wonder why the governor always empathise on that
Re: Again, Wike Declares Rivers Christian State by DennisEche(m): 11:43am On Nov 18, 2019
IF YOU NO LIKE AM KILL YOUR SELF

2 Likes

Re: Again, Wike Declares Rivers Christian State by NORSYK(m): 11:43am On Nov 18, 2019
BeLookingIDIOT:

To be more specific Europeans,Western Europeans actually.

Jews also
Re: Again, Wike Declares Rivers Christian State by airminem(f): 11:43am On Nov 18, 2019
Secular state is what nigeria is call. The rest na lie lie
Re: Again, Wike Declares Rivers Christian State by madridsta007(m): 11:44am On Nov 18, 2019
TITOPE:

The Governor of Rivers State, Nyesom Wike, has again declared the State as a Christian State, adding that he owes no one any apology.

The Governor spoke at the Redeemed Christian Church of God (RCCG) Holy Ghost Rally, which held at the Adokiye Amiesimaka Stadium on Sunday.

He said, “But for God, the enemies would have taken over the state. I thank the Church for standing firm.

“They prayed for God’s will to be done and God’s will was done. But for your prayers, I won’t be here as Rivers State Governor.

“Anytime I have the opportunity, I repeat the declaration with authority and I owe nobody an apology. I am standing on solid authority. Rivers is a Christian state.”

Wike said he remained Governor due to God’s intervention.

He said God dislodged “forces of darkness” who were primed to rob him of his mandate.

He described himself as a living testimony of God’s blessing.

“Nigerians are aware of what happened on 9th March 2019. If anyone says he does not believe in God, that event of March 9 should make you believe God,” he added.

http://www.titopeblog.com/2019/11/agian-gov-wike-declares-rivers.html

Wonder why this is a story.
We have many Muslim declared and operating states- from Katsina to Yobe to Zamfara and Kano with their Sharia and Hisbah Police, and no one bats an eyelid. Why should anyone bother with a Christain self-declared state in Rivers State?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Again, Wike Declares Rivers Christian State by realstars: 11:45am On Nov 18, 2019
Divisional era
Re: Again, Wike Declares Rivers Christian State by somalianprince: 11:45am On Nov 18, 2019
Good job. Rivers is a Christian state

1 Like

Re: Again, Wike Declares Rivers Christian State by Ayoefa: 11:46am On Nov 18, 2019
Religious fanatical monkey.

1 Like

Re: Again, Wike Declares Rivers Christian State by Ttipsy(f): 11:46am On Nov 18, 2019
Even Lagos is a Christian state,, Christian population in Lagos is so huge

1 Like

Re: Again, Wike Declares Rivers Christian State by Tajbol4splend(m): 11:46am On Nov 18, 2019
Yet he rigged for Buhari in the Presidential Election
Re: Again, Wike Declares Rivers Christian State by Nobody: 11:46am On Nov 18, 2019
kelvinginzie:

This proves that Wike has no presidential ambition

No. It proves he is a fool who cannot see beyond today. That’s why I say pdp is fked. That small minded lout is the guy with the keys to the pdp treasury.

1 Like

Re: Again, Wike Declares Rivers Christian State by deliveryboy: 11:47am On Nov 18, 2019
Misplaced priorities, that is not the most important issue at hand. No one in their right senses will struggle to take Rivers state or try to change the state. But when someone with nothing to offer speaks one can clearly see he’s holding on straws. Oga governor bend down and work and outshine Ameachi instead of trying to whip up religious sentiments.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Again, Wike Declares Rivers Christian State by Lawly: 11:47am On Nov 18, 2019
solmusdesigns:
cool

Fear don they catch this one, as the train don already enter SouthSouth through bayelsa

Even a cultist want to scam us with religion

Maka why? I proudly join Governor Wike to proudly say RIVERS IS A CHRISTIAN STATE. anybody wey no like am, go hug transformer
Re: Again, Wike Declares Rivers Christian State by cosby02(m): 11:47am On Nov 18, 2019
Edygrin:
Is he wrong?
"The Government of the Federation or of a State shall not adopt any religion as State Religion"
Above is the provision of S. 10 of Constitution FRN (1999 as amended)

3 Likes

Re: Again, Wike Declares Rivers Christian State by MiddleDimension: 11:47am On Nov 18, 2019
TITOPE:

The Governor of Rivers State, Nyesom Wike, has again declared the State as a Christian State, adding that he owes no one any apology.

The Governor spoke at the Redeemed Christian Church of God (RCCG) Holy Ghost Rally, which held at the Adokiye Amiesimaka Stadium on Sunday.

He said, “But for God, the enemies would have taken over the state. I thank the Church for standing firm.

“They prayed for God’s will to be done and God’s will was done. But for your prayers, I won’t be here as Rivers State Governor.

“Anytime I have the opportunity, I repeat the declaration with authority and I owe nobody an apology. I am standing on solid authority. Rivers is a Christian state.”

Wike said he remained Governor due to God’s intervention.

He said God dislodged “forces of darkness” who were primed to rob him of his mandate.

He described himself as a living testimony of God’s blessing.

“Nigerians are aware of what happened on 9th March 2019. If anyone says he does not believe in God, that event of March 9 should make you believe God,” he added.

http://www.titopeblog.com/2019/11/agian-gov-wike-declares-rivers.html

what kind of source is this? a credible one?
Re: Again, Wike Declares Rivers Christian State by daleehat: 11:47am On Nov 18, 2019
It is okk nothing wrong with that But that's how Dickson run his mouth that APC is Ruga Party two months ago today the Ruga Party has taken Over BayeLsa with wide margin. Wukie continue to run your mouth, and demolished mosques like you have been doing when you start getting similar backlash in Kano and Sokoto cry not .

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Again, Wike Declares Rivers Christian State by Nobody: 11:49am On Nov 18, 2019
Heh. The last bastion of Christianity in the south south. The barbarian Muslim hordes have taken over bayelsa. They are knocking on the gates of Akwa ibom. Only knight Templar wike and his army of deranged cultists stand between Nigerian Christianity and Islamic hegemony. Stand firm wike, before the barbarians come and steal all your ese orurus and your oil

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Again, Wike Declares Rivers Christian State by mayhon(m): 11:49am On Nov 18, 2019
Turantula:

More than 80% of useful inventions were made by Christians

Atheists are coming. They're coming for you.

1 Like

Re: Again, Wike Declares Rivers Christian State by Kuginzi: 11:51am On Nov 18, 2019
Is that an achievement?
Re: Again, Wike Declares Rivers Christian State by weownlagos: 11:51am On Nov 18, 2019
Good. Any hater who is not satisfied should find the nearest tree to hang himself.

1 Like

Re: Again, Wike Declares Rivers Christian State by ogbuefi677(m): 11:52am On Nov 18, 2019
lastmessenger:
yes you can describe it the way you wish to. Call it Christian night club,no wahala.
But for rivers state made of over 96% Christians,the state is a Christian state. Who no like am should relocate to sokoto.
No Sokoto.
Shekau is running a caliphate/Islamic state in Borno and Yobe.
They can join him there.

1 Like

Re: Again, Wike Declares Rivers Christian State by BotherMleeper(m): 11:52am On Nov 18, 2019
Turantula:

More than 80% of useful inventions were made by Christians

Name them

You're mistakenly thinking every white or Chinese is by default christian

You'd be shocked to know that majority of scientists are atheists.

You think people who excavate dinosaurs for a living believe in that hogwash in Genesis?

7 Likes

Re: Again, Wike Declares Rivers Christian State by daleehat: 11:52am On Nov 18, 2019
ddippset:
Am a Christian and Wike should stop disgraing us abeg.

Tying Christianity to rivers state is like tying Christianity to cultism, kidnapping, prostitution, bunkering, militancy, ritual killing to Christianity.

Rivers state is one of the biggest crime places in Nigeria and this man proudly keeps on tying it to Chrstianity.

Is he thinking at all?
He's such a useless Man no mind Him

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Again, Wike Declares Rivers Christian State by Theboss100(m): 11:53am On Nov 18, 2019
ddippset:

Tieing Christianity to rivers state is like tieing Christianity to cultism, kidnapping, prostitution, bunkering, militancy, ritual killing to Christianity.

Rivers state is one of the biggest crime places in Nigeria and this man proudly keeps on trying with Chrstianity.

Is he thinking at all?
Christian my black ass. How can a christian equate all kinds of evils to a state. U dey mad or ure those type of pharisee type of christian. Are u the ones sponsoring cultism, ritual, prostitution, militancy? Or na u and ur gang dey terrorise us for we state? My frnd i kw ure far 4rm been a christian but i want to ask if u av taken ur drugs. Wait. Pls buy sense N10 when coming back.
PEACE!

2 Likes

Re: Again, Wike Declares Rivers Christian State by Davinity: 11:53am On Nov 18, 2019
ddippset:

Tieing Christianity to rivers state is like tieing Christianity to cultism, kidnapping, prostitution, bunkering, militancy, ritual killing to Christianity.

Rivers state is one of the biggest crime places in Nigeria and this man proudly keeps on trying with Chrstianity.

Is he thinking at all?
The devil is using people with evil mind like you to undermine the security of Rivers state for cheap political gains and then blow it out of proportion... I've lived in Rivers state all my life am I a cultist? have I been kidnapped, am I a militant, prostitute and all the other stupid things you ignorantly mentioned? No!!!... Yes we have our own peculiar security challenges here like every other state in Nigeria but you cannot use that to define us... Mbah! not possible.

You're more likely to be kidnapped in Abuja which is the seat of power than any other state, Lagos has recorded more cult related clashes than any other state... Where in Nigeria do you have the amount of prostitutes and brothels like you have in Lagos? I don't even want to talk about the ritualistic yahoo yahoo fraudsters in the West

Rivers state will continue to be a Christain state, I stand with Gov. Wike

4 Likes

Re: Again, Wike Declares Rivers Christian State by saaron(m): 11:54am On Nov 18, 2019
If northern govs from 12 states can declare Islamic Sharia law, Christians states are free to declare themselves Christian states.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Again, Wike Declares Rivers Christian State by dominique(f): 11:54am On Nov 18, 2019
Religion is one of the biggest tools used by politicians to keep the masses in shackles

4 Likes 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Proscription Of Bandits: We Are Now Determined To Crush Them - Malami Boasts / Simon Ekpa To Place Bounty On Ohaneze Elders / Soldier Kneels Down As His Mother Prays For Him After His Posting To The North.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.