Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,543 members, 7,819,931 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 07:01 AM

Yahaya Bello Reelected As Kogi Governor - Politics (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Yahaya Bello Reelected As Kogi Governor (45614 Views)

The Moment EFCC Officials Stormed Yahaya Bello's Home, As Kogi Governor Visited / Sacked Kaduna Speaker, Liman Reelected As Speaker / Ibrahim Balarabe-Abdullahi Reelected As Speaker Nasarawa House Of Assembly (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Yahaya Bello Reelected As Kogi Governor by Yebosola(m): 1:54pm On Nov 18, 2019
[quote author=PassingShot post=84138326]
Daylight robbery ko. Night time burglary ni.

PDP has no choice than to "take am like dat".

We all witnessed how PDP did their many abracadabra too. In fact, APC is still a learner where PDP dey operate.

Let me give a few examples of past PDP wayo-wayo victories:

1. Wike "scoring" over 280,000 votes in his local govt (but awarded about 7k votes to his opponent) to be re-elected in 2019 when the presidential election didn't record a fifth of that votes in same LG.

2. PDP procuring court judgment to deny APC in participating in Rivers gubernatorial election.

3. Many instances during OBJ and GEJ where PDP would record 100% voters turnout in their strongholds and award 99% of the total votes to themselves. We saw the same trend even in 2015 and 2019 general elections.

4. I don't know if any party has killed innocent electorate for daring to align with an opposition party than PDP in Rivers, Bayels and othe SS/SE regions especially. We saw life photos of severed head of a grown APC leader (still struggling for life) in 2015. That gory image flashes back once in a while.

5. Maurice Iwu, working for PDP announced winner of presidential election while voting was still ongoing.

I can go on and on to prove that PDP deserves anything and everything that befalls it.

LASTLY, DEMOCRACY IS A SCAM FOR AFRICA, ESPECIALLY NIGERIA. WE ARE VERY MANIPULATIVE AND THAT'S HOW IT WILL REMAIN. LET NO ONE BE IN DOUBT![/quo
te]

Why bothering yourself? Let them wait till kingdom comes,they are playing Ostrich, not that they don't know what u are saying."Loju amokoko,bi kile damo no",Look at Fayose,tweeting rubbish this morning,as if he never benefited from rigging, useless set of people,until PDP changes their name,even APC is still a learner in rigging.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Yahaya Bello Reelected As Kogi Governor by perpeling22(f): 1:55pm On Nov 18, 2019
pat077:
that's because they want to be raped.

Hmmm. "That's because they want to be raped" people who tried to protect their vote were shot to death. What else do you want them to do. I cannot come and die. I tanda for my house just dey hear the sound of gun shot. Buhari should be ashamed that all these are happening in his time. Till tomorrow, people still talk of good about yaradua even in death. What will buhari be remembered of. Retaliation?

1 Like

Re: Yahaya Bello Reelected As Kogi Governor by Patson080(m): 1:56pm On Nov 18, 2019
youngwarlocks:
Typical Nigerian election should be followed by parties going to court. The best rigger has been declared the winner. God we need your help in this country.

God has forsaken us. He can't help people that doesn't want to be helped. The country is finished.
Re: Yahaya Bello Reelected As Kogi Governor by Numerouno94(m): 1:56pm On Nov 18, 2019
EVarn:
Report from various human rights groups and civil society observers have confirmed that what happened in Kogi state was a shameful display of gunpoint democracy.

People butchered, ballot snatching, even the police and military have been implicated in the ruse that took place. In one polling station, a helicopter was used to rain down bullets and disperse voters.

That wasn't an election and I hope the court orders a rerun or declare the third runner-up as winner, because both PDP and especially APC employed all manners of irresponsible tactics on election day.
Which court? Abeg leave dat one buhari alone will handle dem. Belo has won nobody can drop him again.
Re: Yahaya Bello Reelected As Kogi Governor by Nobody: 1:56pm On Nov 18, 2019
PassingShot:

We all witnessed how PDP did their many abracadabra too. In fact, APC is still a learner where PDP dey operate.

1. Wike "scoring" over 280,000 votes in his local govt (but awarded about 7k votes to his opponent) to be re-elected in 2019 when the presidential election didn't record a fifth of that votes in same LG.

2. PDP procuring court judgment to deny APC in participating in Rivers gubernatorial election.

3. Many instances during OBJ and GEJ where PDP would record 100% voters turnout in their strongholds and award 99% of the total votes to themselves. We saw the same trend even in 2015 and 2019 general elections.

4. I don't know if any party has killed innocent electorate for daring to align with an opposition party than PDP in Rivers, Bayels and othe SS/SE regions especially. We saw life photos of severed head of a grown APC leader (still struggling for life) in 2015. That gory image flashes back once in a while.

5. Maurice Iwu, working for PDP announced winner of presidential election while voting was still ongoing.

I can go on and on to prove that PDP deserves anything and everything that befalls it.

LASTLY, DEMOCRACY IS A SCAM FOR AFRICA, ESPECIALLY NIGERIA. WE ARE VERY MANIPULATIVE AND THAT'S HOW IT WILL REMAIN. LET NO ONE BE IN DOUBT!
Lovely...some stupid people here don't realise that both these parties are thieves. It's just a matter of who has more money or power within that locality or state I don't understand how anyone can support them
Re: Yahaya Bello Reelected As Kogi Governor by Tarabye: 2:02pm On Nov 18, 2019
Re: Yahaya Bello Reelected As Kogi Governor by PassingShot(m): 2:05pm On Nov 18, 2019
dbestuncle:

U lied.
Did they eventually forced GEJ to sign it?
was APC d Senate President?
That some people raised objections doesn't mean they couldn't have put it away.

Did Buhari sign electoral bill despite beggings n advice that he signs it.
GEJ didn't have to sign anything. And Jega held them by the balls, exposing them at every turn. At a point, he indicated his readiness to resign if he wouldn't be allowed to bring reforms.

So, don't come here to tell us differently of events we witnessed and which are still on the internet.
Re: Yahaya Bello Reelected As Kogi Governor by Reptyle(m): 2:06pm On Nov 18, 2019
Ebullience:
The Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC) has declared incumbent Governor Yahaya Bello winner of the 2019 governorship election in Kogi state.

Bello won majority votes in 12 of the 21 local government areas in the state, while the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) Candidate, Engr. Musa Wada won majority votes in 9 local government areas.

Bello polled a total of 406,222 votes to defeat Wada who scored 189,704 votes.

http://community.thenationonlineng.net/xn/detail/

Sadly, my poor Kogi State just can't catch a break cry cry

We seem to have been cursed with a succession of poor and mediocre leaders since the creation of the state. What is more painful is that even if the election had gone the way of the PDP, Wada in my opinion, would even be a poorer choice as governor. At least with this inept Yahaya Bello that just won a second term now, we know what to expect. He performed so poorly in his first term that I don't think he can do much worse in his second term. There is also a slim chance that his performance could improve.

With Wada, on the other hand, I am almost positive the state would only roll further downhill, if the performance of his kin, Capt. Idris Wada, is anything to go by. That one was governor for 4 years, spent 70% of the time in Abuja and achieved next to nothing for the state.

I don't understand how a state so blessed with natural and human resources can remain on its knees for so long. Only God can help us now!
Re: Yahaya Bello Reelected As Kogi Governor by PassingShot(m): 2:08pm On Nov 18, 2019
sammhi:

Let's agree what you wrote here are all correct...so in your sense is this the way to go ?
So you think if this trend continues ,it won't lead to disaster one day?
Yardua was a beneficiary of a corrupt system he didn't toe that path . He said he would change the electoral system . Yardua encourage Oshiomole to seek redress and to ensure that he gets justice.That s what good leader do. You make the system better than you met it.
I pity people like you Sha
So if your brother become rich by armed robbery you sef go carry gun? Maybe so

So, PMB has not asked anyone who feels cheated to approach the courts to seek redress, on countless occasions?

His party hasn't lost in courts on many occasions without his interference?

Your hatred for the man will consume you las las.
Re: Yahaya Bello Reelected As Kogi Governor by farem: 2:09pm On Nov 18, 2019
InvisibleWriter:
This is tantamount to broad daylight rape of democracy. undecided undecided undecided

...because it is the other way around.
Well said. We weren't expecting anything better from you!
Re: Yahaya Bello Reelected As Kogi Governor by Simbrixton(m): 2:12pm On Nov 18, 2019
terrible
Re: Yahaya Bello Reelected As Kogi Governor by STENON(f): 2:13pm On Nov 18, 2019
Congrats to them ... now their suffering continues... grin
Re: Yahaya Bello Reelected As Kogi Governor by Numerouno94(m): 2:18pm On Nov 18, 2019
Africa is a disgrace.
I tot buhari said he was kumin to put tinx right in Nigeria nd eraze all d evil of pdp?. Buh wat we re seein is more dan d evil pdp did.
Most of d pple celebrating re nt frm kogi. It show dat we dnt hv luv for our neighbors again. U support evil jux because he is frm apc.
Remember karma is a bitch. D tin go soon reach unaside.
Lyk i said earlier my family is a millionaire. My dad is a prof nd a dean in one of d dis federal universities.my mum is a associate prof nd an hod in a department in a fed uni in d state. Nd by d grace of God am baggin my phd dis december nd i will a bcom a Dr. (Phd older) am also lecturing in a fed uni in d state
Its painful cos buhari dat i so much respected can stoop so low to Support Bello.. If God truely exist
Den lets watch.
TO ME RIGHT NOW GOD DOES ND EXIST. SIMPLE.
My family in life can neva b poor. D only tin affectin me in Belos government is d bad road. All our cars re range rovers, venza nd prado. We cant use mini cars because of d bad broad. Nd d masses re in terrible pains.
4yrs is behind d corner, thus, kogites shuld brace up.
U hv houses buh u cant collect d house rents because Belo dnt pay dem salary. Kogi is in shamble.
Re: Yahaya Bello Reelected As Kogi Governor by Emrixx(f): 2:19pm On Nov 18, 2019
Nigeria is doomed
Re: Yahaya Bello Reelected As Kogi Governor by Idrisk19(m): 2:26pm On Nov 18, 2019
Congratulations GYB
Re: Yahaya Bello Reelected As Kogi Governor by TemmyT002(m): 2:29pm On Nov 18, 2019
InvisibleWriter:
This is tantamount to broad daylight rape of democracy. undecided undecided undecided

Abi o
If the winner were related to you, I wonder if you would say the same thing.
Re: Yahaya Bello Reelected As Kogi Governor by Lokostic77: 2:35pm On Nov 18, 2019
PassingShot:

Except we are not truthful to ourselves, the process has greatly improved from what it used to be. At least, we no longer see 99% turnout or 95% success for the ruling party. The major problem we now have is that of disruption, killing, snatching of ballot boxes, kidnapping of electoral officers and similar security issues. Less of blatant writing of result as we had in the past when votes didn't count.

Unfortunately, we cannot prevent these security challenges where the politicians, aided by the masses, have decided to engage in "do or die" criminal acts to win election, irrespective of who the president is.
The process has greatly improved?oh I can see that you're one of unrepentant Buhari follower then I don't need to join argument with you, because I know very sure you can never see anything bad in this administration even as it is so obvious to everybody, don't worry am done with u
Re: Yahaya Bello Reelected As Kogi Governor by jibril4oke(m): 2:43pm On Nov 18, 2019
CONGRATULATIONS GYB, PMB, APC, and the whole APC LOVER.

WE SHALL WIN AGAIN

UP EBIRA, UP KOGI, UP NIGERIA
Re: Yahaya Bello Reelected As Kogi Governor by Omolomo4eva(m): 2:52pm On Nov 18, 2019
Kogi is doomd,Kogi shall continue in sufferin,Kogi,prosperity is far 4m yo children
Re: Yahaya Bello Reelected As Kogi Governor by ChristyB(f): 2:57pm On Nov 18, 2019
Was there an election?
Re: Yahaya Bello Reelected As Kogi Governor by Nobody: 2:59pm On Nov 18, 2019
InvisibleWriter:
You mean democracy is in danger because your party refused to win abi?
Re: Yahaya Bello Reelected As Kogi Governor by pat077: 3:06pm On Nov 18, 2019
perpeling22:

Hmmm. "That's because they want to be raped" people who tried to protect their vote were shot to death. What else do you want them to do. I cannot come and die. I tanda for my house just dey hear the sound of gun shot. Buhari should be ashamed that all these are happening in his time. Till tomorrow, people still talk of good about yaradua even in death. What will buhari be remembered of. Retaliation?
I made that statement because those used to perpetrate the dastardly act are not aliens, they are mostly indigens of the state, same as those who voted for the governor because he is from their tribe.
Re: Yahaya Bello Reelected As Kogi Governor by Danwakae(m): 3:15pm On Nov 18, 2019
Realdeals:
I think APC deliberately wanted to bury the PDP as an opposition party. They understand the extent PDP can go rigging election, but, they took vote rigging beyond that level.

Same with individuals, you can't be kind and friendly with adversary are ready to take a game to any extent, it will be tit for tat and fire for fire, you can only be decent with decent people.

One party system won't be good for us and it will not work in Nigeria , the PDP tried it but failed because Nigerian politicians are greedy, desperate and diabolical, they want to have it all alone...I hope Baba Buhari sign the ELECTORAL BILL into law, so that the people's voice will be heard via their votes and politicians will do the needful in elective positions for the fear of the people...then, u and me don't need to buy votes , once the people have seen our antecedents and believe in our manifestos, they will reject today's politicians' money for vote buying just to vote the right choice.
Re: Yahaya Bello Reelected As Kogi Governor by Numerouno94(m): 3:20pm On Nov 18, 2019
nairalee:
Kogites therefore have no right to complain in the next 4years or more.

This is an indication that NIGERIA is not ready for development. I mean, what can a governor do worse that Yahaya Bello has not done?

Governance in Nigeria is no longer about performance but by having strategic alliances. Yes if Ganduje, Yahaya Bello can win then even Satan can win elections in Nigeria today.

When Bello was suffering his civil servants I could have bet anything that he won't even garner 10% votes. But what do I know?

I know some people will say rigging but I dare say no one can even rig out 90% of votes.

I'm thoroughly ashamed to be a Nigerian.

Bro am in Kogi. Inec completely chaneged d figures. Kogi is on fire at d moment.
Wat culd dey hv done wen Buhari himself made sure d inec officials changed d results to favour Belo. Kogites tried bro. Jux dat Buhari has taken riggin to d next level.
No election was held in Okene, Adavi, Okehi nd Ajaokuta. It was a prewritten script. Its such shame.
Sum peepz frm oda states who re apc fans re happy nd jubilatin dat Belo won, knowin fully well dat Belo is bad 4 kogi buh because dey luv apc dey want belo to win. Its shows we dnt lyk ourselves in Nigeria. Nigerians will continue to suffer cos we re typically wicked.

2 Likes

Re: Yahaya Bello Reelected As Kogi Governor by Antoeni(m): 3:22pm On Nov 18, 2019
I Never Knew that the Igala People were this Useless, See how that Common Stupid Ebira Boy Messed you People up
Re: Yahaya Bello Reelected As Kogi Governor by chukel(m): 3:24pm On Nov 18, 2019
This is sad. Bello needed to be disgraced. Very sad. He needed Dickson treatment
Re: Yahaya Bello Reelected As Kogi Governor by Numerouno94(m): 3:26pm On Nov 18, 2019
Antoeni:
I Never Knew that the Igala People were this Useless, See how that Common Stupid Ebira Boy Messed you People up
Bro Igalas tried.
Buh d rigging was a master plan. Everything was changed in inec office over d night. Wat culd dey hv dn wen Buhari himself was incharge of Kogi election.
Re: Yahaya Bello Reelected As Kogi Governor by Uchedeformula: 3:27pm On Nov 18, 2019
In all these d common men like you and I, and our children bear the burden. We hv bn paying dearly for these errors. Now, shd we wallow in it, because PDP did worse in d past? Shall we now fail to condemn obvious evils because PDP was a total mess in d past. Bro, let us listen to our consciences.

PassingShot:

LASTLY, DEMOCRACY IS A SCAM FOR AFRICA, ESPECIALLY NIGERIA. WE ARE VERY MANIPULATIVE AND THAT'S HOW IT WILL REMAIN. LET NO ONE BE IN DOUBT!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Yahaya Bello Reelected As Kogi Governor by Whyzaid(f): 3:32pm On Nov 18, 2019
[quote author=seunmsg post=84138342]Congratulations to Gov. Yahaya Bello. Hopefully, he wil use the second chance giving to him by the good people of Kogi State to correct all the mistakes of his first term and build an indelible legacy of achievements at the end of his second term.

[I hope so, but I think you know that you can give what you don't have
Re: Yahaya Bello Reelected As Kogi Governor by Numerouno94(m): 3:35pm On Nov 18, 2019
God knws i hv neva insulted buhari b4.Buh dis Kogi election has shown dat Buhari is evil. He personally supervised d election in kogi nd made sure d figures were changed to favour apc.

As for u apc fans in oda states celebrating d victory of Belo cos his apc, remember karma is a bitch. Wat goes around kums around.

My family nd i re financially buoyant. We dnt feed frm Belo, buh dat doesnt mean i will support evil cos d evil does nt concerns me.
Re: Yahaya Bello Reelected As Kogi Governor by AgentNairaland(f): 3:36pm On Nov 18, 2019
I Swear This Time Around, Expect 3yrs Unpaid Salary
Re: Yahaya Bello Reelected As Kogi Governor by Nobody: 3:36pm On Nov 18, 2019
And those who have gone with this election...? Their families are still in mourning.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

AIT's Online Poll Hacking Evidence Was Faked - Gbenga Sesan / Video Of Nnamdi Kanu's House After Army Invasion; His Dog Killed / 5 Things Nigeria Is Doing Better Than America

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 113
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.