Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,236 members, 7,829,425 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 06:40 AM

Switching Over To Natural Products (The Babies Corner ���) - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Switching Over To Natural Products (The Babies Corner ���) (1607 Views)

What Happens To The Babies Born In Baby Factories / Married To Mum Of 2 But The Babies Dad Choose To Neglect Responsibilities. / I Found This Pseudoscorpion Dead at the Corner Of My Bed. Jesus Is Lord (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Switching Over To Natural Products (The Babies Corner ���) by SimpleLuxuries: 3:15pm On Nov 18, 2019
BABY SOAP
Hi guys,

Permit me to share a couple of posts relating to baby skincare. I love making stuff with my hands be it food, candles, lotions, perfumes or soaps. I do them solely for personal use and have never thought of doing it as a business until recently. So here I am today, putting myself out there (or should I say here) grin

But why baby soap?
Babies are exposed to lots of chemicals. If you pick up a commercial soap you will realise a number of them contain at least 23 inorganic chemicals. Some of these ingredients are not even necessary for a baby whose organs are still developing. Some of them are so harsh that they cause allergies and skin irritations.

At the moment, I produce handmade baby soap from unrefined shea butter and neem oil.

We all know the benefits of shea butter but not many of us know that the maximum benefits come when it is in its raw (unrefined) state.

For instance, raw shea butter
♡ can be used to combat eczema and other skin irritations
♡ is rich in Vitamins A, E & K
♡ can be used to heal burns

How about neem aka dongoyaro ? It's great for fighting fungal infections, contains a lot of fatty oils and vitamin E.

Let me share some of the pictures of what my products look like. If you are interested in purchasing them find us on Instagram as @PureLoveNg

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Switching Over To Natural Products (The Babies Corner ���) by SimpleLuxuries: 11:56am On Nov 25, 2019
SHEA BUTTER

Hey guys. I'm back again grin

How was the weekend? And your little ones?

So we are continuing the natural products discussion. Don't get me wrong, I am a chemistry graduate and have nothing against chemicals. What I am advocating for is to focus more on organic (natural occuring) chemicals than the inorganic (man made) ones.

I want to shine some light on some of the basic raw materials that we have here in abundance that are great for the body and have no long term side effect. One of them is the almighty Shea Butter aka Ori or Okwuma.

Yes, it smells funny and is too thick/greasy but that is because it is a raw ingredient. Do you know you can manipulate it by mixing it with some essential oils or purchasing the one that has already been refined? Mind you though, shea butter looses all its antimicrobial value once it has gone through refinement. At this point it is only good enough for moisturising.

I loooove unrefined shea butter. I use it on my skin and hair. It is their daily food.

♡ Unrefined shea butter is for preventing baby diaper rash and moisturising their skin.

♡ It improves the elasticity of the skin which is great for babies because they are still at the developmental stage.

♡ When you mix it with neem oil (dongoyaro) or tea tree oil you have a moisturiser that will ward of eczema and dandruff.

Studies have shown that babies are exposed to at least 23 chemicals daily most of which are found in their personal care products. Some of the products have adverse health effects or cause allergy. Why not be proactive and substitute the ones you can with a natural alternative? It's healthier for the body and our environment.

Re: Switching Over To Natural Products (The Babies Corner ���) by SimpleLuxuries: 11:58am On Nov 27, 2019
Something to brighten up your Wednesday cheesy

Re: Switching Over To Natural Products (The Babies Corner ���) by SimpleLuxuries: 9:02am On Nov 30, 2019
Happy weekend!

Re: Switching Over To Natural Products (The Babies Corner ���) by SimpleLuxuries: 12:30pm On Dec 06, 2019
Scold but don't break the child's spirit.

We don't want our kids believing that they are..."good for nothing", "can't do anything right"...and so on.

Those sort of words stay with them forever, shaping the way they see themselves through other people's eyes.

Let's scold them when they need it but use the right words to explain our displeasure. Words that will assure them that they are not malfunctioned or defective but loved and capable of doing better.

Re: Switching Over To Natural Products (The Babies Corner ���) by SimpleLuxuries: 9:35pm On Dec 07, 2019
Hi Family!

We just want to let you know that you can now get our baby products at Sugar Belle Closet (SBC).

They stock the cutest outfits, tutus and accessories fit for a princess.

Please follow their Instagram handle @Sugarbellcloset

Enjoy December!

Re: Switching Over To Natural Products (The Babies Corner ���) by SimpleLuxuries: 10:21am On Dec 08, 2019
Hi Fam!

It's Sunday!!! The weekend is finally over sad

A lot of buzz going on the NL Forum, the Twitter community and WhatsApp status about Anthony Joshua's success over Ruiz. The boy is just making waves anyhow. cool

We want to interrupt your peaceful Sunday with a light read about nature's gifts, one of which is the famous Neem aka Dongoyaro.

Re: Switching Over To Natural Products (The Babies Corner ���) by SimpleLuxuries: 10:49am On Dec 08, 2019
Dongoyaro has been in Nigeria for decades and is quite popular in the north but how many of us are aware of this tree and the benefits it brings? Not a lot of people. Most of us just view it as a tree for shade and a nuisance when it comes to sweeping away the leaves it has left behind grin

Neem is quite popularly used in our agricultural sector as a natural pesticide and fertiliser. It isn't quite popular in the skin care products used here though, imported or locally made. And this is where we are missing out!

The oil has sooooo many benefits. Its fatty acids content is very rich in palmitic, oleic and lanolic acids (components required for healthy supply skin).

Indians use it a lot to treat skin diseases and infections. They also use it to ward off lice, ringworm and dandruff. There are a lot of information and products sold with this potent oil that just happens to grow in our "backyard".

We won't bore you with a lengthy epistle cos we know you want to sleep o tongue but we will be back to give you the gist of the different fatty acids and what they do for the skin.

By the way, have you ever bought (or seen) any product that contains Neem? Please let us know. We wanna see something grin hehehe.

Re: Switching Over To Natural Products (The Babies Corner ���) by SimpleLuxuries: 4:50pm On Dec 10, 2019
LOL! The way they even call the "mommy", like CD we don scratch. grin grin grin

Re: Switching Over To Natural Products (The Babies Corner ���) by diviniti: 10:00pm On Dec 10, 2019
Where is ur location and how much for the soap.

1 Like

Re: Switching Over To Natural Products (The Babies Corner ���) by SimpleLuxuries: 4:12pm On Dec 11, 2019
diviniti:
Where is ur location and how much for the soap.

Hello,

Thank you for your interest.

A bar is worth 550 NGN and we're based in Abuja (but can deliver elsewhere). Would you mind letting us know where your location is?

Regards.
Re: Switching Over To Natural Products (The Babies Corner ���) by SimpleLuxuries: 7:24pm On Dec 11, 2019
It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas.... grin

Re: Switching Over To Natural Products (The Babies Corner ���) by SimpleLuxuries: 11:02am On Dec 16, 2019
grin grin grin grin

Re: Switching Over To Natural Products (The Babies Corner ���) by SimpleLuxuries: 4:18am On Dec 17, 2019
The gospel truth about natural soaps.

Re: Switching Over To Natural Products (The Babies Corner ���) by SimpleLuxuries: 12:06pm On Dec 19, 2019
Sleeping babies are just the cutest. Don't you think? They look soooo peaceful and perfect. However, we know how tasking it can for them to get to this state. They struggle with falling asleep as though they're suffering from the Fear Of Missing Out (FOMO). �� Why baby? Why?

Putting them on a schedule is one great way to help babies sleep better when they are as young as six weeks. All you need is consistency to make it work.

Below are a few suggestions

1. Play during the day but calm things down at night. This will help baby associate night time with sleep.

2. Encourage a quiet atmosphere half an before you start baby's bedtime routine. No loud noise. If possible no TV. This will help baby to relax.

3. Let baby's feeding be quiet and calm. Burp baby when done.

4. Give baby a nice, warm bath 45 minutes after feeding. This will allow the food to digest and prevent any discomfort.

5. Give baby a gentle, calming massage before putting on the nightwear. You can use something as simple as coconut oil. Do NOT use mineral oil and apply in moderation (more on this in future posts).

Bath, massage and sleep time should not be more than 30 mins. If you do this daily,
baby will eventually fall asleep easily just like clock work.

If only they could stay this small...just a little longer...sigh.�� Sleep well pretty angel �����

Re: Switching Over To Natural Products (The Babies Corner ���) by SimpleLuxuries: 7:59am On Dec 24, 2019
Can we digress a bit?

Re: Switching Over To Natural Products (The Babies Corner ���) by SimpleLuxuries: 7:59am On Dec 24, 2019
POSTPARTUM DEPRESSION
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
When you hear the above phrase you think of new moms. Who would have ever thought that daddies go through the same phase.
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
In women, Postpartum depression (PPD) develops within 4 - 6 weeks of child birth and may manifests month later. ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
In men, however, postpartum depression also called Paternal Postnatal Depression (PPND) can occur anytime during the first year.
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
Men suffering from PPND sometimes
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
� Feel isolated from friends & family
� Display (abnormal) violent behaviour
� Feel frustrated or irritable
� Loose interest in hobbies and/or sex
� Work contantly
� Experience fatigue
� Feel conflicted
� Contemplate suicide
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
* If your female partner IS facing PPD then there is a greater chance that the you dad would too.
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
How do we resolve this?
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
1. Well talking through it with people who are have been there helps.
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
2. Find someone you can really trust to confide in or a psychiatrist (and no that doesn't mean you're crazy).
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
3. Make time for yourself. You need to be taken care of too.
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
4. Stay healthy.
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
5. Make an effort to re-connect with your significant other from time to time.
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
The internet is truly a beautiful place. � @mentalmoms
Re: Switching Over To Natural Products (The Babies Corner ���) by SimpleLuxuries: 3:58am On Dec 25, 2019
Merry Christmas

Re: Switching Over To Natural Products (The Babies Corner ���) by SimpleLuxuries: 12:09pm On Dec 29, 2019
ISOKEN BODY BUTTER

We're pleased to introduce to the house our nourishing body butter designed to even out skin tone without any toxic ingredient.

Contains no hydroquinone or acid. Rich in tumeric and licorice extract. Great for breastfeeding mums who suffered a bit of hyperpigmentation during pregnancy. This butter absorbs well into the skin and has no adverse effect on your suckling.

Oh and did we say how heavenly it smells? Interested? Send us a request on WhatsApp 0803-335-6187 or email scentnigeria@yahoo.com .

Re: Switching Over To Natural Products (The Babies Corner ���) by SimpleLuxuries: 1:21am On Jan 06, 2020
ISOKEN BODY BUTTER

We're pleased to introduce to the house our nourishing body butter designed to even out skin tone without any toxic ingredient.

Contains no hydroquinone or acid. Rich in tumeric, licorice extract and grapeseed oil. Great for breastfeeding mums who suffered a bit of hyperpigmentation during pregnancy. This butter absorbs well into the skin and has no adverse effect on your suckling.

Oh and did we say how heavenly it smells? Interested? Send us a request on WhatsApp 0803-335-6187 or email scentnigeria@yahoo.com

Re: Switching Over To Natural Products (The Babies Corner ���) by SimpleLuxuries: 5:03pm On Jan 09, 2020
We looooove reviews. Here's what a mum had to say about our product. grin grin grin

Re: Switching Over To Natural Products (The Babies Corner ���) by SimpleLuxuries: 4:17am On Feb 01, 2020
Happy new month guys!

Just a brief update: We have re-branded. Had to get our name trademarked and unfortunately "Pure Love" was unavailable.

Say hello to our new brand name "CuddledTots".
Re: Switching Over To Natural Products (The Babies Corner ���) by SimpleLuxuries: 1:50pm On Mar 01, 2020
Happy new month guys!

We know we've been offline for a while. Soooorrrryyyyyyy. There was just soooo much to do. On a lighter note, there's a birthday contest up and running at the moment. Click https://www.instagram.com/p/B9KJYqInE6P/ for more info.

Re: Switching Over To Natural Products (The Babies Corner ���) by SimpleLuxuries: 1:26pm On Mar 09, 2020
Introducing our baby massage oil. This product doubles as a body oil and a gentle mosquito repellant. Be sure to apply all over the body and wear loose fitted clothing for little "ta-ta".

Don't believe us? Well a trial is all we ask. grin

Re: Switching Over To Natural Products (The Babies Corner ���) by SimpleLuxuries: 3:21pm On Mar 12, 2020
We have a birthday contest running. Head over to our Instagram page ( @cuddledtots ) for more info!

Re: Switching Over To Natural Products (The Babies Corner ���) by SimpleLuxuries: 6:48am On Mar 15, 2020
Update on the Coronavirus. Stay safe.

Re: Switching Over To Natural Products (The Babies Corner ���) by SimpleLuxuries: 6:51am On Mar 15, 2020
Remember we are still battling with lassa fever. Good hygiene is one of the sure ways of reducing the possibility of an infection.

Re: Switching Over To Natural Products (The Babies Corner ���) by SimpleLuxuries: 3:28pm On Mar 16, 2020
Some more helpful tips as we protect our babies from COVID19 otherwise known as
Coronavirus

(1) (Reply)

I Have Pleaded With My Wife Not To Chew Gum But She Refuses (advice) / What I Ordered Vs What I Got / Dealing With Alpha Female - Marriage

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.