Stats: 3,152,492 members, 7,816,167 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 06:58 AM

LG Users???? Get In Here!!!! - Phones (19) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / LG Users???? Get In Here!!!! (103180 Views)

Mtn Users Get In / Samsung Galaxy Users Get In Here[ New Hope For Old Flagship Samsung Phones] / Nokia Users, Get In Here!!! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) ... (66) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: LG Users???? Get In Here!!!! by KrazyDave16(m): 8:30am On Jul 15, 2020
Fatbabyfart:
What's the difference between lg8 with two rear camera and the one with 3 cameras
Addition to what Nell said, best option is to buy the korean or sprint if you want to root the phone.

G8s own is a taller display at 1080p and 4000mah battery compared to G8 1440p(can be adjusted to 1080p or 720p) and 3500mah battery. Also, G8s sometimes lags in SW updates and I don't think there's hope for rooting the phone yet.
Re: LG Users???? Get In Here!!!! by Nellsworld(m): 12:46pm On Jul 15, 2020
KrazyDave16:

Addition to what Nell said, best option is to buy the korean or sprint if you want to root the phone.

G8s own is a taller display at 1080p and 4000mah battery compared to G8 1440p(can be adjusted to 1080p or 720p) and 3500mah battery. Also, G8s sometimes lags in SW updates and I don't think there's hope for rooting the phone yet.
Only thing g8s can do is to cross flash kdz, and their network provider is vry slow in updates unlike sprint and co

Re: LG Users???? Get In Here!!!! by ImFortress(m): 9:00pm On Jul 15, 2020
Nellsworld:

Only thing g8s can do is to cross flash kdz, and their network provider is vry slow in updates unlike sprint and co

You and update, chai.

Don't listen to this man, lol. Update doesn't really affect the functionality of the phone. It's mostly security updates (which you're not Hushpupi, even if you were, you can still get hacked), new Skins and maybe slight or no software touches.

Now, is that a good reason to ditch a phone that might be an only option at point of purchase?

The only time I advise anyone to be ware of carriers is when buying network locked, cause of unlocking cost 9r availability

Re: LG Users???? Get In Here!!!! by Jay14(m): 8:47am On Jul 16, 2020
[quote author=oluwakayode25 post=91651829]

60k[/quote
45k? Give me ur WhatsApp number
Re: LG Users???? Get In Here!!!! by Jay14(m): 8:48am On Jul 16, 2020
osaigbovo16:
How much?
Ur WhatsApp number pls
Re: LG Users???? Get In Here!!!! by Jay14(m): 8:51am On Jul 16, 2020
oluwakayode25:
Lg v30+ for sale...
Ur WhatsApp number?
Re: LG Users???? Get In Here!!!! by yemkoguru(m): 8:58am On Jul 16, 2020
Xiaomi mi 8 6+128gb with 3 pouch for sale 85k flat
Re: LG Users???? Get In Here!!!! by kobams(m): 4:31pm On Jul 16, 2020
kobams:
LG V20 for sale, slight crack on the screen, but still works perfectly
still available
Re: LG Users???? Get In Here!!!! by oluwakayode25(m): 6:30pm On Jul 16, 2020
[quote author=Jay14 post=91764490][/quote]

45k??
Nah bro..
I go fit try 50 grand!!!

Re: LG Users???? Get In Here!!!! by MeshachMARTINS(m): 8:19pm On Jul 16, 2020
Look At This Comment I Found On Gsmarena

Incredible some people are still using this phone in 2020 and *still* praising it like there's been nothing better since and blah blah blah about features 99% of people don't use (like the IR blaster). Seriously if the V20 had a little emergency toilet paper dispenser you guys would be going crazy how it's such an awesome feature that no other phone has (albeit I would use an emergency toilet paper dispenser more than an IR blaster LOL). Sorry I still prefer real remote controls and would find it really inconvenient to grab my phone, unlock it and open the IR app every time I want to change the temperature on my air conditioner or change the channel on the tv. Ridiculous. What if someone else wants to use the air conditioner or TV, then what? Great as a temporary solution but if I lost or broke my remote (never happened) I'd be buying a replacement asap.
I was going to buy one of these in 2017 but glad I didn't because the screen ghosting/image retention is a total deal breaker. The screen in general is average at best and only pops if you set the brightness to 90%+ which then kills your battery, oh but wait, you can get your "zero class" 1 million mAH case that turns your V20 into a make-shift brick that can double as a door stop (another "feature", right?). The only feature on this phone that still stands as being good/great by todays standards would be the cameras.
Total niche phone, I wish the 1% that like it could understand why the other 99% don't, unfortunately they cannot.

THE REPLY

You'll never like it and you can never appreciate the features the V20 has because you only use your phone for Facebook and selfies like many Facebook-Youtube-Gaming centric Android phone users.
But for those that do use their phones for everything especially headphone or Bluetooth music listening, screen sharing, photos/videos, FM radio and master remote, you really have to seriously own the phone and spend time with it to utilize and appreciate its unique and hard to find features! Until then, you'll never really appreciate what it can that many 2020 flagships can't do that makes it really special.
- The removable battery is just very convenient. Low batt? Get back to 100% in 60 seconds! No 2020 phone with ultra super duper 1000watts ultra super fast charging can beat that!
- Audio playback and recording quality is better than 99% of 2020 flagships. (The 1% is from newer LG phones with the same or better quad DAC).
- The IPS screen, while not having the darkest blacks and the most oversaturated Mickey mouse colors, has not deteriorated much and has not lost the correct color balance and maximum brightness capability compared to its 2016 contemporary flagship phones from other brands which are using AMOLEDS! Sure SOME (not all) V20 units have image retention but it's just an app installation away to banish the image retention problem forever!
- The screen sharing works well be it wired or wireless, because it's identical in aspect ratio to 16:9 tv's, 16:9 computer monitors and 16:9 projectors! Sure the screen is not bezel free, but it doesn't create black bars all around on tv's when 16:9 videos are mirrored from phone to tv: not like most flagship 2020 phones (due to their weird 19.5:9, 20:9, etc. longer aspect ratios)!
- The master remote in the V20 that can learn everything is better than buying a new air-conditioning unit that no longer has a remote available because it's 4 years old. The same learning remote I use for a 10+ year old Alpine car stereo that still sounds excellent if not for the defective remote that's no longer available and the defective volume dial that has gone loose thread which can no longer be adjusted to increase /decrease volume!
Of course, you may say it's better to just replace the car stereo (no spare parts available) or the entire car itself or buy a new air-conditioning unit because you can no longer buy a replacement remote... But why do so, when I have the V20's learning remote to fix all that?
And for all your criticisms against the V20, be informed that I have moved on from the V20 with 2 newer phones but I can't just let go of it or sell or dispose it off in a landfill because it still produces the best sound from my headphones and Bluetooth speakers, and it's still used as master remote for my aircon and car stereo, not to mention TV's and other appliances! And it's got FM radio too which my 5G capable snapdragon 865 flagship phone I'm using now as my main driver doesn't have!
Besides, it's still 100% in perfectly functional condition with no problems other than an outdated android software and security patch!
That makes the V20 special for me and for many others! It still is useful despite being almost four (4) years old! Other 2016 flagships from other brands are likely in the landfills by now but not my V20's!

Re: LG Users???? Get In Here!!!! by Craigbrown4076: 10:44pm On Jul 21, 2020
Where can i get the exact screenguard for my v40 please?
Re: LG Users???? Get In Here!!!! by Themaths(m): 10:32pm On Jul 27, 2020
Phew! I finally dropped my LG G6 and ported to Xiaomi Note 10 Lite. The LG have tried, 3yrs and still kicking. I gave it to my sis mbok. Time to move ahead.

Re: LG Users???? Get In Here!!!! by Nellsworld(m): 6:22pm On Jul 29, 2020
Craigbrown4076:
Where can i get the exact screenguard for my v40 please?
Check aliexpress
Re: LG Users???? Get In Here!!!! by ksly24(m): 4:03pm On Aug 01, 2020
kobams:

still available
Let's swap, I have a galaxy s7 in perfectly good condition, chat me up if u interested 08111158463
Re: LG Users???? Get In Here!!!! by oyiluck: 8:28pm On Aug 01, 2020
ImFortress:

Nope.... Been using my locked g8 for almost 2 months now...
No limit just the calls and text only.

Just get a dual SIM LTE enabled smart phone with good battery as hotsop. For me, it's Nokia 5, dual SIM. Rocking Glo 3k 17gb
pls any hope of it unlocking because i purchased it with d hope of unlocking it
Re: LG Users???? Get In Here!!!! by Nellsworld(m): 8:33pm On Aug 01, 2020
oyiluck:
Wat variant did you get
Re: LG Users???? Get In Here!!!! by oyiluck: 8:35pm On Aug 01, 2020
Nellsworld:
Wat variant did you get
d at&t variant
Re: LG Users???? Get In Here!!!! by Nellsworld(m): 8:39pm On Aug 01, 2020
For lg g8 Tmobile locked, a tip from xda
T-Mobile phones from recent years can only be unlocked with the T-Mobile Device Unlock app, which queries their servers to ensure that both the phone AND you are eligible for unlock: Account must be in good standing (even if no longer active), phone must be paid off (of course), and it must have been active on T-Mobile postpaid for at least 40 days (1 year prepaid).

If these criteria are fulfilled, they will generally approve unlock (they have to, by law) -- although they often have a hard time making it work with the Device Unlock app, even when they say it's approved. Filing an FTC complaint will escalate it to TMO Executive Office, who CAN make it work, even when rest of TMO can't -- but only do this if you know you fulfill their requirements.

Good old unlock codes don't work with TMO phones. Anybody trying to sell them to you are scammers.

There ARE a few 3rd party services who can unlock T-Mobile through remote connection, where they trick the Device Unlock app into thinking it is connecting to TMO servers. But I think they only work on rooted phones.
Re: LG Users???? Get In Here!!!! by Nellsworld(m): 8:46pm On Aug 01, 2020
oyiluck:
d at&t variant
You ve to buy the unlock code for the phone and you got to ve AT&T sim inside
Or visit guys that unlock phones, Verizons are the easiest to unlock, second to AT&T
Re: LG Users???? Get In Here!!!! by dyomo(m): 12:44pm On Aug 02, 2020
I've got this issue with my LG V20. The phone suddenly stopped charging. I have tried different phone technicians, nothing works. One even worked on the board, still it doesn't charge. Please who has a solution to this problem?
Re: LG Users???? Get In Here!!!! by ImFortress(m): 1:06pm On Aug 03, 2020
oyiluck:
For now, OYO.
T-MOBILE are not joker's when it comes to their devices. Its worse for iPhone users
Re: LG Users???? Get In Here!!!! by marcusghii(m): 8:34am On Aug 06, 2020
oyiluck:
Can you put me through on how to activate that data plan
I have a New sim by the way
Re: LG Users???? Get In Here!!!! by ImFortress(m): 12:15pm On Aug 06, 2020
marcusghii:

Can you put me through on how to activate that data plan
I have a New sim by the way

Just dial *777#
Sub for the 3k for One month plan.
You'll receive a total of 17gb as long as your sim is less than 90 days old.
For people like me who have Glo sim as main sim, there's a sweet trick. I buy new Glo sim every 3 months, recharge 1k on my new Glo sim(receive airtime and data bonus) then recharge 2k on my main Glo sim (to receive airtime bonuses as I can't receive large data bonuses on my old sim)
Now I have 2k in old sim and 1k in new sim. Then, I transfer 2k from my old sim to my new sim (*131*number*amount*5_digit_pin#)

Now I have 3k in my new sim, I sub on my new sim, then share the data to my old sim (*127*01*number# to add, *127*02*number# to remove shared number)

Now, all year long I can enjoy 3k for 17gb with data and airtime bonuses without replacing my old sim

Re: LG Users???? Get In Here!!!! by Ogbemuo: 12:21pm On Aug 06, 2020
I ordered a LG G6 H873 Canada version for a friend from aliexpress it only connect to 2G on Etisalat and he can't get MTN to work in his house except outside any ideas what might be causing it. Thanks.
Re: LG Users???? Get In Here!!!! by zevous: 12:30pm On Aug 06, 2020
I need an LG G8 TMobile locked.. Wanna use it as a back up WIFI only phone.. Anyone here has
Re: LG Users???? Get In Here!!!! by ImFortress(m): 6:23pm On Aug 06, 2020
zevous:
I need an LG G8 TMobile locked.. Wanna use it as a back up WIFI only phone.. Anyone here has
Yup I do.
Hit me up via Signature
Re: LG Users???? Get In Here!!!! by ImFortress(m): 6:23pm On Aug 06, 2020
Ogbemuo:
I ordered a LG G6 H873 Canada version for a friend from aliexpress it only connect to 2G on Etisalat and he can't get MTN to work in his house except outside any ideas what might be causing it. Thanks.
Baseband maybe
Re: LG Users???? Get In Here!!!! by Ogbemuo: 11:31am On Aug 07, 2020
ImFortress:
Baseband maybe
is it possible to change the baseband
Re: LG Users???? Get In Here!!!! by ImFortress(m): 11:32am On Aug 07, 2020
Ogbemuo:
is it possible to change the baseband
I think so
Re: LG Users???? Get In Here!!!! by Ogbemuo: 11:51am On Aug 07, 2020
ImFortress:

I think so
Do u have any idea how i can go about it. Thanks.
Re: LG Users???? Get In Here!!!! by ImFortress(m): 3:41pm On Aug 08, 2020
Ogbemuo:
Do u have any idea how i can go about it. Thanks.
Nope, been a long while I did stuff like this

(1) (2) (3) ... (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) ... (66) (Reply)

The LeEcoThread / How To Know If Your Android Phone Is Fake Or Original / Mtn Free 3gb

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52