Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,830 members, 7,810,192 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 11:01 PM

Noise Pollution: Lagos State Seals 8 Mosques And Churches - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Noise Pollution: Lagos State Seals 8 Mosques And Churches (27105 Views)

LASG Seals 8 Lockup Shops Warehousing Fireworks Without Safety Precautions / LASG Seals 8 Event Facilities For Safety Violations / Noise Pollution: Lagos Shuts Quilox Club (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Noise Pollution: Lagos State Seals 8 Mosques And Churches by Emceesaka: 6:13am On Nov 19, 2019
Emmanuel Gospel Church behind my house should take note before I will report them to LASEPA.
Re: Noise Pollution: Lagos State Seals 8 Mosques And Churches by Kay25(m): 6:13am On Nov 19, 2019
Good one I wish this will work in ibadan too a lot of them makes too much noise eennn....
Re: Noise Pollution: Lagos State Seals 8 Mosques And Churches by englishmart(m): 6:14am On Nov 19, 2019
anonimi:

Based on nationwide complaints and follow up by citizens like you who want a better society and are working for that?
Abi life is only about looking for money all the time?

www.nairaland.com/attachments/3401521_cannoteatmoney_jpegaebb2a352ae295fc9aa7a61c24b4203c
Your point exactly?

2 Likes

Re: Noise Pollution: Lagos State Seals 8 Mosques And Churches by anonimi: 6:15am On Nov 19, 2019
Criticaltemp:
Am pretty sure those churches are not recognised ones like redeem or winners.. If not, the government would hear kpese

Can you read and comprehend or you have challenges in these areas?

naptu2:

https://www.facebook.com/followlasg/posts/2736699269684655?__tn__=K-R

Some of the churches and Mosques that were sealed are Redeem Christian Church of God, RCCG at 68, Old Ota Road, Orile Agege, Tawakalitu Mosque and Jesus Answer Prayer Church.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Noise Pollution: Lagos State Seals 8 Mosques And Churches by franugo(m): 6:15am On Nov 19, 2019
[quote author=Criticaltemp post=84159540]Am pretty sure those churches are not recognised ones like redeem or winners.. If not, the government would hear kpese[/

Its quite obvious you didn't even deign to read d op before displaying ur ignorance for nairalanders to see....pls, I beg of you, read!!

1 Like

Re: Noise Pollution: Lagos State Seals 8 Mosques And Churches by jeffizy(m): 6:15am On Nov 19, 2019
Olaolex:
Very soon, they will tell us something wrong him in the next ten years. And people will be like 'who did this to him' not knowing it is the result of his past active actions.
Don't hide under the cloak of religion to terrorize the environment.
Nothing will happen to whoever.

Yeye.

8 Likes

Re: Noise Pollution: Lagos State Seals 8 Mosques And Churches by franugo(m): 6:16am On Nov 19, 2019
anonimi:

Can you read and comprehend or you have challenges in these areas?

No mind am...

1 Like

Re: Noise Pollution: Lagos State Seals 8 Mosques And Churches by anonimi: 6:16am On Nov 19, 2019
Kay25:
Good one I wish this will work in ibadan too a lot of them makes too much noise eennn....

Find out how to lodge a complaint and follow up for implementation.
Can you do that

1 Like

Re: Noise Pollution: Lagos State Seals 8 Mosques And Churches by Ilaw25: 6:16am On Nov 19, 2019
beresponsible:
Good move. Person no go hear word again. Also either you are a hotel or a church

You A both!

Go school, you no go!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Noise Pollution: Lagos State Seals 8 Mosques And Churches by anonimi: 6:17am On Nov 19, 2019
jeffizy:
Don't hide under the cloak of religion to terrorize the environment.
Nothing will happen to whoever.

Yeye.

Proper and original yeye. undecided angry

www.nairaland.com/attachments/4160988_image_jpeg_jpeg6f95b5e7a24ad4fc0808d6698fd37362

www.nairaland.com/attachments/4138528_fbimg1471362711749_jpeg32428b294a57b4debde63e3fd7301227

3 Likes

Re: Noise Pollution: Lagos State Seals 8 Mosques And Churches by Ilaw25: 6:18am On Nov 19, 2019
Emceesaka:
Emmanuel Gospel Church behind my house should take note before I will report them to LASEPA.

So why telling us the church name? are we the LASEPA?

1 Like

Re: Noise Pollution: Lagos State Seals 8 Mosques And Churches by kelvxyn: 6:21am On Nov 19, 2019
Lagos state can never shut down Mfm. If u know. U know.
Re: Noise Pollution: Lagos State Seals 8 Mosques And Churches by Kay25(m): 6:21am On Nov 19, 2019
[quote author=anonimi post=84159647]

Find out how to lodge a complaint and follow up for implementation.
Can you do that I doubt if the system works here oooo can't compare lagos
Re: Noise Pollution: Lagos State Seals 8 Mosques And Churches by naptu2: 6:24am On Nov 19, 2019
kelvxyn:
Lagos state can never shut down Mfm. If u know. U know.

10 years ago.

babapupa:
http://thepmnews.com/2009/10/30/lagos-shuts-churches

Lagos Shuts Churches
October 30, 2009 15:18 (1 hour ago)

By Kazeem ugbodaga

The Lagos State Government has shut down a parish of the Redeemed Christian Church of God and two parishes of Mountain of Fire Miracles Church, MFM.

Sixteen companies were also shut this morning over environmental pollution and degradation. Also shut down was Academy Press Plc, Ilupeju for obstructing LASEPA officials from carrying out their duty.

Officials of the Lagos State Environmental Protection Agency, LASEPA, Task Force and OP-MESA stormed the affected places this morning and shut them for violating LASEPA Edict.

The three churches located in Ojo area of the state were shut over noise pollution.

The closure of the affected places is part of the state government’s effort to sanitise the environment and prevent all kinds of pollution.

Also shut down was Academy Press Plc, Ilupeju for obstructing LASEPA officials from carrying out their duty.

Flash Industries, Ogba, was shut for failing to comply with the directive of the agency as well as over poor management of waste oil.

TIPP Press Limited, Somolu, was closed for emitting fume from generator, noise pollution and poor aesthetics, while an illegal chemical depot in the area was also shut.

Ogekpo Printing Press, Ajao Estate, was shut over noise pollution and gaseous emission from generator, while Relonola Advertising Limited, Oregun was shut over noise pollution.

Veracity Company, Rolly Polly, Road Network Transport, all at Oregun and Feenak Company Limited, Ajao Estate were shut over spent oil spillage and a bakery was also shut over noise and air pollution.

Tower Houseware, Ikeja and Sosaco Nigeria Limited were shut over offences ranging from obstructing LASEPA officials from carrying out their duties, failure to observe industrial exercise and noise pollution from generators.

LASEPA General Manager, Engr. Rasheed Shabi said the agency over a period of time investigated complaints about sanitation and environmental pollution caused by these companies and churches and decided to shut them down.

The affected companies continued with their nuisance despite the issuance of abatement of nuisance notices.

Shabi stated that the affected companies will not be reopened until they comply with the environmental laws of the state.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Noise Pollution: Lagos State Seals 8 Mosques And Churches by anonimi: 6:24am On Nov 19, 2019
Kay25:
I doubt if the system works here oooo can't compare lagos

How will you know if a system works and for you to join others to make it work better, if you don't test and stretch it?
Who do you expect to do it for you

1 Like

Re: Noise Pollution: Lagos State Seals 8 Mosques And Churches by longerthroat(m): 6:26am On Nov 19, 2019
They should please extend that gesture to Uyo... am suffering here.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Noise Pollution: Lagos State Seals 8 Mosques And Churches by kelvxyn: 6:28am On Nov 19, 2019
I mean This present sanwo olu govt can not. Go make research y n Com bak.
naptu2:

10 years ago.

Re: Noise Pollution: Lagos State Seals 8 Mosques And Churches by Nobody: 6:29am On Nov 19, 2019
Good churches are becoming a nuisance to the society.
Someone that worked all day an you will not let them sleep well at night again.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Noise Pollution: Lagos State Seals 8 Mosques And Churches by Mypeople2(m): 6:30am On Nov 19, 2019
naptu2:
O boy that last pictures na wa o..They even sealed somebody's room
Re: Noise Pollution: Lagos State Seals 8 Mosques And Churches by 0monnak0da: 6:31am On Nov 19, 2019
franugo:

Anybody understand bros
I understand.... he has not taken his medication for two days
Re: Noise Pollution: Lagos State Seals 8 Mosques And Churches by Emceesaka: 6:32am On Nov 19, 2019
Ilaw25:

So why telling us the church name? are we the LASEPA?

Gullible pastor spotted

1 Like

Re: Noise Pollution: Lagos State Seals 8 Mosques And Churches by beresponsible(m): 6:32am On Nov 19, 2019
Ilaw25:

You A both!

Go school, you no go!
NL prof. Na broken we dey yan. Ode
Re: Noise Pollution: Lagos State Seals 8 Mosques And Churches by ofemigeorge(m): 6:34am On Nov 19, 2019
Pls how can i get their contacts.... urgently
Re: Noise Pollution: Lagos State Seals 8 Mosques And Churches by naptu2: 6:35am On Nov 19, 2019
kelvxyn:
I mean This present sanwo olu govt can not. Go make research y n Com bak.

Shifting the goalpost.

What you said was that the government can not shut down an MFM church and they have.

You are now shifting the goalpost.

The fact is that government does not shut down these premises for fun. They only shut down places that contravene the law and that is only done after they have been warned and they still persist in breaking the law.

What you've just said is not new. They said that Fashola would not shut any mosque, but he did (he even shut the mosque at the state secretariat). They said that he won't shut any church because he would be afraid of the backlash, but he did.

They said that the policy would stop when Ambode takes over, but it continued and now you are saying that Sanwo Olu can't shut an MFM Church, which he will do, but only if they break the law.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Noise Pollution: Lagos State Seals 8 Mosques And Churches by Nobody: 6:36am On Nov 19, 2019
anonimi:

Based on nationwide complaints and follow up by citizens like you who want a better society and are working for that?
Abi life is only about looking for money all the time?

www.nairaland.com/attachments/3401521_cannoteatmoney_jpegaebb2a352ae295fc9aa7a61c24b4203c

so, tell me how many other states in this nation have agencies that actively pursue this?
since according to you nothing good comes out of APC?

the same thing was being replicated in Ibadan
Re: Noise Pollution: Lagos State Seals 8 Mosques And Churches by dfrost: 6:38am On Nov 19, 2019
About time they start sealing off people's houses and apartments too. I wonder what people enjoy from noise pollution. angry undecided
Re: Noise Pollution: Lagos State Seals 8 Mosques And Churches by Bonapart(m): 6:41am On Nov 19, 2019
naptu2:
Reactions.
those people with holes in their brains reacting by calling out only churches have no clue that those vigils keep saving their worthless life
Re: Noise Pollution: Lagos State Seals 8 Mosques And Churches by Bonapart(m): 6:42am On Nov 19, 2019
SoNature:
I know that the religious houses will ask their members to pray and fast about the seal, noting that the devil is at work.

Yeye dey smell!
oburu okuko
Re: Noise Pollution: Lagos State Seals 8 Mosques And Churches by DarkJeddi(m): 6:49am On Nov 19, 2019
Olaolex:
Very soon, they will tell us something wrong him in the next ten years. And people will be like 'who did this to him' not knowing it is the result of his past active actions.
You that have no PAST ACTIVE ACTIONS,who told you that you will be alive in the next ten years?

Abeg,carry your Superstitious nonsense and go siddon for one corner.. angry
Re: Noise Pollution: Lagos State Seals 8 Mosques And Churches by OVikkytan49: 6:52am On Nov 19, 2019
Sometimes, i wonder if these churches and mosques care about the welfare of the people. the noise pollution is too much, it disturbs people, it causes distraction etc. Why can't they take-off the speakers outside and uses inner speakers alone?
I don't think the government would ban any church or mosque that uses inner speakers.

1 Like

Re: Noise Pollution: Lagos State Seals 8 Mosques And Churches by Tonysmith4sure(m): 7:01am On Nov 19, 2019
That last picture resemble person house ooo
Re: Noise Pollution: Lagos State Seals 8 Mosques And Churches by mu2sa2: 7:07am On Nov 19, 2019
Why must you shout to communicate with All-Hearing God? All these christians and muslims who mount huge loudspeakers on their places of worship dont really understand God Almighty.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

PDP Governors Boycotted Wedding Of Bamanga Tukur’s Son / Rivers State Is Getting Flooded / Omoyele Sowore & His Supporters Protest, Call For The Arrest Of Fatodu (Pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.