Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,845 members, 7,820,939 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 04:13 AM

Noise Pollution: Lagos State Seals 8 Mosques And Churches - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Noise Pollution: Lagos State Seals 8 Mosques And Churches (27141 Views)

LASG Seals 8 Lockup Shops Warehousing Fireworks Without Safety Precautions / LASG Seals 8 Event Facilities For Safety Violations / Noise Pollution: Lagos Shuts Quilox Club (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Noise Pollution: Lagos State Seals 8 Mosques And Churches by IamHonourable1: 10:12am On Nov 19, 2019
Mehn,l love this.LASEPA is seriously working.Kudos to them.
Re: Noise Pollution: Lagos State Seals 8 Mosques And Churches by Timfreds(m): 10:28am On Nov 19, 2019
Delta state should follow suit. People should enjoy serene environment.
Re: Noise Pollution: Lagos State Seals 8 Mosques And Churches by dazzlingd(m): 10:34am On Nov 19, 2019
payperpost:

do you have Lasepa email? we don't even have peace here, from midweek service to choir practice to Sunday service and other jamborees, it's terrible , I never seen a church so inconsiderate

naptu2:

Try this.

email:
info@lasepa.gov.ng

LASEPA phone no: +234-704-635-1295
+234-815-045-8639
+234-815-045-8638

You can send a message to the phone no as well, u don't need to send your name...i
Re: Noise Pollution: Lagos State Seals 8 Mosques And Churches by Nobody: 10:41am On Nov 19, 2019
dazzlingd:

You can send a message to the phone no as well, u don't need to send your name...i

Thanks
Re: Noise Pollution: Lagos State Seals 8 Mosques And Churches by DarkJeddi(m): 10:51am On Nov 19, 2019
[quote author=Olaolex post=84164569][/quote]Yeah,

Change your weed..
Re: Noise Pollution: Lagos State Seals 8 Mosques And Churches by 0monnak0da: 11:42am On Nov 19, 2019
OVikkytan49:
Sometimes, i wonder if these churches and mosques care about the welfare of the people. the noise pollution is too much, it disturbs people, it causes distraction etc. Why can't they take-off the speakers outside and uses inner speakers alone?
I don't think the government would ban any church or mosque that uses inner speakers.

Fortunately "NOISE" can be measured in "DECIBELS" so the law should I hope set a legal limit and if you exceed it then sanctions follow. It really should not matter whether the speakers are inside or outside because both can be equally loud and cause nuisance but it is not only about speakers.

Some "prayers" can be quite alarming not only in the noise but also the graphic content of the "prayers".
I do not want to be at home and hear "die,die,die!!!"

I think the speaker issue is a particular problem of mosques with their call to prayer which is disturbing for non-Muslims.

Also people selling all kinds of medicines etc cause nuisance with speakers
Re: Noise Pollution: Lagos State Seals 8 Mosques And Churches by kelvxyn: 12:27pm On Nov 19, 2019
Ur bizness, ur head ache. I av told u d fact, quote me if sanwo olu Eva shuts down any mfm church for d period of his administration. I don't av to argue with u again.
naptu2:

grin grin grin

I don't need to conduct any research. You made an assertion that you cannot prove.

You said that the Lagos State Government cannot shut down MFM.

I proved that the Lagos State Government has shut down MFM in the past.

You insinuated that the government cannot shut down MFM at the moment because that's where Sanwo Olu worships (I know that's what you are getting at). I showed you that they said the same thing about Fashola, yet he shut the Lagos State Secretariat Mosque at Alausa.

Affirmati Non Neganti Incumbit Probatio

He who asserts must prove.

You keep making assertions that you cannot prove. They are just idle guesses.

If you say that the Lagos State Government cannot shut down MFM, prove it, otherwise you are just engaging in idle gossip.
Re: Noise Pollution: Lagos State Seals 8 Mosques And Churches by naptu2: 12:37pm On Nov 19, 2019
kelvxyn:
Ur bizness, ur head ache. I av told u d fact, quote me if sanwo olu Eva shuts down any mfm church for d period of his administration. I don't av to argue with u again.

You don't have to argue because you can't argue. You just made an assertion that you cannot back up. A beer parlour assertion.

Anyway, I'm done wasting time with you.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Noise Pollution: Lagos State Seals 8 Mosques And Churches by Makaveli217(m): 12:49pm On Nov 19, 2019
NnaEnh:
My neighbour here in Abuja pray on a VERY LOUD voice starting from 12am and stops around 3-4am EVERYDAY OO.

...and people find it difficult to complain because they believe he is doing the work of GOD. I even heard he has been doing that for years!! How come heaven has not fallen all this while

With all the number of churches, mosques, religious aggression and extremism,, yet nothing has changed.. it is even getting worse!!!

Nigeria and Religion,, why are we so black that we refuse to get sense
My neighbour started something like that too, non stop, including singing out loud at night, so when he start his madness, I turn on my music so loud too, did that for like two weeks, he had to stop.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Noise Pollution: Lagos State Seals 8 Mosques And Churches by Bonapart(m): 2:06pm On Nov 19, 2019
dazzlingd:

We can list several people who perished while going or coming from vigil...some were kidnapped, raped, attacked by arm robbers, killed.

You are the big fool here with a worthless life
what you mentioned where foretold that it will happen to those who believe in Christ.

You, you lack everything that a man ought to poccess. I can't help you
Re: Noise Pollution: Lagos State Seals 8 Mosques And Churches by dazzlingd(m): 2:32pm On Nov 19, 2019
Bonapart:
what you mentioned where foretold that it will happen to those who believe in Christ.

You, you lack everything that a man ought to poccess. I can't help you

You irredeemably foolish....
May that prophecy befall just as u have said.
If u can't say yes to the prayer, then it means u are a hypocrite or you dont believe in Christ

1 Like

Re: Noise Pollution: Lagos State Seals 8 Mosques And Churches by jbaby4u: 3:53pm On Nov 19, 2019
naptu2:

https://www.facebook.com/followlasg/posts/2736699269684655?__tn__=K-R

Some of the churches and Mosques that were sealed are Redeem Christian Church of God, RCCG at 68, Old Ota Road, Orile Agege, Tawakalitu Mosque and Jesus Answer Prayer Church.

Pls they should come and check the one at Kekere bus stop off Addo Road , Ajah. The noise pollution there no be here .
Re: Noise Pollution: Lagos State Seals 8 Mosques And Churches by Starboytwo(m): 5:34pm On Nov 19, 2019
naptu2:

grin grin grin

I don't need to conduct any research. You made an assertion that you cannot prove.

You said that the Lagos State Government cannot shut down MFM.

I proved that the Lagos State Government has shut down MFM in the past.

You insinuated that the government cannot shut down MFM at the moment because that's where Sanwo Olu worships (I know that's what you are getting at). I showed you that they said the same thing about Fashola, yet he shut the Lagos State Secretariat Mosque at Alausa.

He who asserts must prove.

You keep making assertions that you cannot prove. They are just idle guesses.

If you say that the Lagos State Government cannot shut down MFM, prove it, otherwise you are just engaging in idle gossip.

He who asserts must prove...

I always learn new stuffs with your post...
Re: Noise Pollution: Lagos State Seals 8 Mosques And Churches by naptu2: 4:43am On Nov 20, 2019
I totally forgot that I created this thread earlier this year. This is one of the funniest and most courageous examples of citizens fighting against noise pollution.

This girl couldn't sleep because a church kept disturbing the neighbourhood all night long, so she anonymously filed a complaint with LASEPA.

LASEPA did not give her any feedback, but she discovered that they had taken action because the church started praying against the people that were reporting them to LASEPA. They did not stop their noisy midnight services, instead, during those services, they prayed against the people that were reporting them to LASEPA.

The girl was fed up of their noise, so she confronted them. They didn't treat her well. She recorded details of her encounter with the church and sent them to LASEPA.

Finally, the church announced that they were moving their night services to another location because someone kept reporting them to LASEPA.

Some Twitter users attacked her on the thread and I love the fact that she was able to stand her ground.

www.nairaland.com/attachments/9325117_2019050515_12_24_jpeg4cac2fb9d61903be1f2f1eaf9b584269

https://www.nairaland.com/5170712/woman-reports-noisy-church-lasepa#78125208

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Noise Pollution: Lagos State Seals 8 Mosques And Churches by NACE13: 6:22am On Nov 20, 2019
I don't know why people feel if they don't bring down the heavens, their prayers won't be answered. How can one foolishly come out by 3am with a megaphone and start shouting, yelling all in the name of preaching based on repentance, chasing away the little sleep/rest one has managed to get. This thread is just the perfect reason to confront him on next occasion and probably put fear in him.

This is why till date i respect Jehovah Witness, Latter Days and the likes; you can only tell there's a service going on when you see their members going into the building.
Re: Noise Pollution: Lagos State Seals 8 Mosques And Churches by tck2000(m): 4:48pm On Nov 20, 2019
g
Re: Noise Pollution: Lagos State Seals 8 Mosques And Churches by Alagboo: 6:43pm On Mar 01, 2020
Testing
Re: Noise Pollution: Lagos State Seals 8 Mosques And Churches by Alagboo: 6:44pm On Mar 01, 2020

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Oyo State Governor, Ajimobi And His Family / Tundefashola.com Is Not My Personal Website – Fashola / Ibrahim Kpotum Idris Meets With Osinbajo In His Office. Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.