Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,658 members, 7,820,299 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 12:44 PM

Noise Pollution: Lagos State Seals 8 Mosques And Churches - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Noise Pollution: Lagos State Seals 8 Mosques And Churches (27130 Views)

LASG Seals 8 Lockup Shops Warehousing Fireworks Without Safety Precautions / LASG Seals 8 Event Facilities For Safety Violations / Noise Pollution: Lagos Shuts Quilox Club (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Noise Pollution: Lagos State Seals 8 Mosques And Churches by SoNature(m): 7:15am On Nov 19, 2019
Bonapart:
oburu okuko

Religion egbugo anyi n'obodo a grin

1 Like

Re: Noise Pollution: Lagos State Seals 8 Mosques And Churches by Nobody: 7:15am On Nov 19, 2019
the Christ Embassy at Chisco Ikate is number 1, the people staying around there are already having hearing disability, whenever they start their madness my father will just run away from house to my brother house in Ajah
that church doesn't have respect for human , there was a week they did their jamboree , there was no sleep for any soul that week also when one of their musician celebrated his birthday in that church, it was a hell!
most time its like they are doing service in our sitting room. I wonder why they couldn't afford soundproof in a mega church like that, one of their pastors staying around once called someone anti Christ for complaining , said people complaining are petty! too bad for children's health , too bad!

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Noise Pollution: Lagos State Seals 8 Mosques And Churches by Kay25(m): 7:21am On Nov 19, 2019
[quote author=anonimi post=84159792]

How will you know if a system works and for you to join others to make it work better, if you don't test and stretch it?
Who do you expect to do it for youunnnn
Re: Noise Pollution: Lagos State Seals 8 Mosques And Churches by Gameokwe(m): 7:24am On Nov 19, 2019
I love this
Re: Noise Pollution: Lagos State Seals 8 Mosques And Churches by Pacesetter123(m): 7:33am On Nov 19, 2019
In as much as dis is a welcome development,de government should do something abt noise pollution n carbon monoxide emmision from generators due to lack of electricity in Nigeria.De government should fix electricity immediately to control dis.If not,I will not take dem serious.
Re: Noise Pollution: Lagos State Seals 8 Mosques And Churches by Mutemenot(m): 7:53am On Nov 19, 2019
Seal those party halls called church n mosque .You can't be inconvenience others cos of your own god
Re: Noise Pollution: Lagos State Seals 8 Mosques And Churches by NLban: 7:57am On Nov 19, 2019
I am surprised "Mountain of Fire and Miracle Ministries" is not among the sealed Churches.

That Church can disturb your sleep like die gringrin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Noise Pollution: Lagos State Seals 8 Mosques And Churches by Nobody: 8:00am On Nov 19, 2019
kelvxyn:
Lagos state can never shut down Mfm. If u know. U know.

Of course! Lagos and Ogun state.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Noise Pollution: Lagos State Seals 8 Mosques And Churches by Nobody: 8:00am On Nov 19, 2019
NLban:
I am surprised "Mountain of Fire and Miracle Ministries" is not among the sealed Churches.

That Church can disturb your sleep like die gringrin

MFM is our Governor's church. Lol!

1 Like

Re: Noise Pollution: Lagos State Seals 8 Mosques And Churches by Bluntemperor: 8:02am On Nov 19, 2019
Much as I'm against recalcitrant Churches or Mosques with blistering speakers up in the air,i wander if the definition of 'Noise Pollution' is restrictive to certain quarters or comprehensive that accommodates everything called 'noise' that can cause disturbance,distractions,damage and pollutants to our bodies,society and environment in general.
Therefore,is noise from various generating sets including 'i better pass my neighbor',and from different quarter(s) including from Homes,Govt Offices not constituting a disturbance of Peace in our society to others?
Or do you say that because you receive economic benefits(as a Salary earners)for self and selfish motive, whatever happens to the rest of Populace it's not disturbance of collective Peace of Society?.
It's unfortunate that LASEPA should let it's 'Charity Start at his own house' right away in Alausa there is everyday blastings in their yard.Is that the way to keep egalitarian Society?
Stop ALL the Noise not just selected few.
Re: Noise Pollution: Lagos State Seals 8 Mosques And Churches by Nobody: 8:05am On Nov 19, 2019
payperpost:
the Christ Embassy at Chisco Ikate is number 1, the people staying around there are already having hearing disability, whenever they start their madness my father will just run away from house to my brother house in Ajah
that church doesn't have respect for human , there was a a week they did their jamboree , there was no sleep for any soul that week and when one of their musician celebrated his birthday in that church.
most time its like they are doing service in our sitting room. I wonder why they couldn't afford soundproof in a mega church like that, [/b]one of their pastors staying around once called someone anti Christ for complaining , said people complaining are petty![b] too bad for children's health , too bad!

He said that? I would have gotten a catapult because of him and pelted him with gravel.

1 Like

Re: Noise Pollution: Lagos State Seals 8 Mosques And Churches by Nobody: 8:09am On Nov 19, 2019
onecoder:
Good churches are becoming a nuisance to the society.
Someone that worked all day an you will not let them sleep well at night again.

I know right. Imagine having 5churches on a street of less than 900meters cry cry cry

2 Likes

Re: Noise Pollution: Lagos State Seals 8 Mosques And Churches by Nobody: 8:15am On Nov 19, 2019
naptu2:

https://www.facebook.com/followlasg/posts/2736699269684655?__tn__=K-R

Some of the churches and Mosques that were sealed are Redeem Christian Church of God, RCCG at 68, Old Ota Road, Orile Agege, Tawakalitu Mosque and Jesus Answer Prayer Church.

I will vote this the best news of the year.

Please come to Idi-Araba, Surulere, Lagos. The religious noise there is so much that it has robbed us the serenity LUTH once enjoyed!

Well done, Dr. Fash.
Always impacting her world.
Her touch on Health (Free Medical Health) during her stint in the Ministry of Health is unrivalled till date.
We are proud of you, ma.
Re: Noise Pollution: Lagos State Seals 8 Mosques And Churches by dazzlingd(m): 8:35am On Nov 19, 2019
Bravo!!
Useless churches and mosques....

Funny thing, this church organise vigil and torment one's peace throughout the night, while others go to work at day, they sleep....how wicked and selfish could they be
Re: Noise Pollution: Lagos State Seals 8 Mosques And Churches by delpee(f): 8:38am On Nov 19, 2019
Good move! Thumbs up to LASEPA.

God says we should do unto others as we want them to do unto us.

Anyone who keeps others awake by way of noisy night vigil and sleeps during the day, while his victims struggle to keep awake at work, is certainly not godly.
Re: Noise Pollution: Lagos State Seals 8 Mosques And Churches by dazzlingd(m): 8:45am On Nov 19, 2019
Bonapart:
those people with holes in their brains reacting by calling out only churches have no clue that those vigils keep saving their worthless life

We can list several people who perished while going or coming from vigil...some were kidnapped, raped, attacked by arm robbers, killed.

You are the big fool here with a worthless life
Re: Noise Pollution: Lagos State Seals 8 Mosques And Churches by akdjr(m): 8:45am On Nov 19, 2019
As for me there should be a law that prohibit public worshiping. Let all the churches, mosque operate on air by having an independent TV or Radio station to preach and pass message to their members while they tune in at the comfort of their home to worship, praise and do whatever they like. If a donation, tithes, offerings can now be paid via electronic means and it's still regard as money also also prayers are being prayed via phone so why can't we just stop all these public noise and convert those big building (Churches and mosque) into residential apartment or malls as the case may be.
Re: Noise Pollution: Lagos State Seals 8 Mosques And Churches by jshow(m): 8:48am On Nov 19, 2019
Who do I direct my complain to on Ibadan. I have 3 churches and 2 mosques that does microphone competitions everyday. They needs to be locked down
Re: Noise Pollution: Lagos State Seals 8 Mosques And Churches by dazzlingd(m): 8:49am On Nov 19, 2019
payperpost:
that church doesn't have respect for human , there was a week they did their jamboree , there was no sleep for any soul that week also when one of their musician celebrated his birthday in that church, it was a hell!
most time its like they are doing service in our sitting room. I wonder why they couldn't afford soundproof in a mega church like that, one of their pastors staying around once called someone anti Christ for complaining , said people complaining are petty! too bad for children's health , too bad!

You people should act and contact lasepa asap....we did same and they locked up the church last year..since then, we sleep in peace..

For your own good, report them to lasepa,, if they don't respond, follow up with emails or pay them a visit...I assure you they will definite come to your rescue..

Don't die in silence, noise destroys!!

3 Likes

Re: Noise Pollution: Lagos State Seals 8 Mosques And Churches by Nobody: 8:58am On Nov 19, 2019
dazzlingd:

You people should act and contact lasepa asap....we did same and they locked up the church last year..since then, we sleep in peace..

For your own good, report them to lasepa,, if they don't respond, follow up with emails or pay them a visit...I assure you they will definite come to your rescue..

Don't die in silence, noise destroys!!

everyone is being blackmailed not to fight God here, funny most the church is in the middle of 3 big estates , its terrible we are just praying they fix their sound proof.
Re: Noise Pollution: Lagos State Seals 8 Mosques And Churches by slimdamatrix1(m): 9:03am On Nov 19, 2019
Even that one with net is a church? Abi Mosque? undecided
Re: Noise Pollution: Lagos State Seals 8 Mosques And Churches by dazzlingd(m): 9:03am On Nov 19, 2019
payperpost:

everyone is being blackmailed not to fight God here, funny most the church is in the middle of 3 big estates , its terrible we are just praying the fix their sound proof.

Don't be this gullible... Fighting God indeed!
This is a civilised world, they are tormenting you with prayer, you are at the same time praying they fix their sound proof.
They are the ones fighting God, going against the law of the land, there is a law and they are infringing on your rights and peace.
Continue tolerating them if you enjoy the noise...as for me, if I live there, I'll personally report them and make life unbearable for them

1 Like

Re: Noise Pollution: Lagos State Seals 8 Mosques And Churches by Revolva(m): 9:03am On Nov 19, 2019
Yes good deal them down � Continue to shut these noisy good for noting money making organization
Re: Noise Pollution: Lagos State Seals 8 Mosques And Churches by Nobody: 9:12am On Nov 19, 2019
dazzlingd:

Don't be this gullible... Fighting God indeed!
This is a civilised world, they are tormenting you with prayer, you are at the same time praying they fix their sound proof.
They are the ones fighting God, going against the law of the land, there is a law and they are infringing on your rights and peace.
Continue tolerating them if you enjoy the noise...as for me, if I live there, I'll personally report them and make life unbearable for them

do you have Lasepa email? we don't even have peace here, from midweek service to choir practice to Sunday service and other jamborees, it's terrible , I never seen a church so inconsiderate
Re: Noise Pollution: Lagos State Seals 8 Mosques And Churches by kelvxyn: 9:17am On Nov 19, 2019
Oga go make research and stop all dese sermon.
naptu2:

Shifting the goalpost.

What you said was that the government can not shut down an MFM church and they have.

You are now shifting the goalpost.

The fact is that government does not shut down these premises for fun. They only shut down places that contravene the law and that is only done after they have been warned and they still persist in breaking the law.

What you've just said is not new. They said that Fashola would not shut any mosque, but he did (he even shut the mosque at the state secretariat). They said that he won't shut any church because he would be afraid of the backlash, but he did.

They said that the policy would stop when Ambode takes over, but it continued and now you are saying that Sanwo Olu can't shut an MFM Church, which he will do, but only if they break the law.
Re: Noise Pollution: Lagos State Seals 8 Mosques And Churches by kelvxyn: 9:19am On Nov 19, 2019
U Sabi. Kudos to u...
AryaSand:

Of course! Lagos and Ogun state.
Re: Noise Pollution: Lagos State Seals 8 Mosques And Churches by naptu2: 9:24am On Nov 19, 2019
kelvxyn:
Oga go make research and stop all dese sermon.

grin grin grin

I don't need to conduct any research. You made an assertion that you cannot prove.

You said that the Lagos State Government cannot shut down MFM.

I proved that the Lagos State Government has shut down MFM in the past.

You insinuated that the government cannot shut down MFM at the moment because that's where Sanwo Olu worships (I know that's what you are getting at). I showed you that they said the same thing about Fashola, yet he shut the Lagos State Secretariat Mosque at Alausa.

Affirmati Non Neganti Incumbit Probatio

He who asserts must prove.

You keep making assertions that you cannot prove. They are just idle guesses.

If you say that the Lagos State Government cannot shut down MFM, prove it, otherwise you are just engaging in idle gossip.

5 Likes

Re: Noise Pollution: Lagos State Seals 8 Mosques And Churches by Olaolex: 9:26am On Nov 19, 2019
DarkJeddi:
You that have no PAST ACTIVE ACTIONS,who told you that you will be alive in the next ten years?

Abeg,carry your Superstitious nonsense and go siddon for one corner.. angry

Re: Noise Pollution: Lagos State Seals 8 Mosques And Churches by edoairways: 9:34am On Nov 19, 2019
Bluntemperor:
Much as I'm against recalcitrant Churches or Mosques with blistering speakers up in the air,i wander if the definition of 'Noise Pollution' is restrictive to certain quarters or comprehensive that accommodates everything called 'noise' that can cause disturbance,distractions,damage and pollutants to our bodies,society and environment in general.
Therefore,is noise from various generating sets including 'i better pass my neighbor',and from different quarter(s) including from Homes,Govt Offices not constituting a disturbance of Peace in our society to others?
Or do you say that because you receive economic benefits(as a Salary earners)for self and selfish motive, whatever happens to the rest of Populace it's not disturbance of collective Peace of Society?.
It's unfortunate that LASEPA should let it's 'Charity Start at his own house' right away in Alausa there is everyday blastings in their yard.Is that the way to keep egalitarian Society?
Stop ALL the Noise not just selected few.
I like your view
Re: Noise Pollution: Lagos State Seals 8 Mosques And Churches by Jakumo(m): 9:43am On Nov 19, 2019
helinues:
Better.. More should be sealed

If both Ogas Jesus and Allah possess powers to read silent thoughts, then certainly there is NO need for people to scream their words of praise over loudspeakers.

Matter of fact, for your average all-hearing God of Heaven and Earth, loud noise from religious services may actually constitute an annoyance that is worthy of corrective punishment.

In short, if you cannot worship your favorite Supreme Being in reverent silence, perhaps you could select another less intrusive hobby like skunk smoking at home, while observing a regime of TOTAL silence as you get high, so as not to find yourself BANISHED from your place of worship, by Lagos City noise-pollution response officers.

3 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Noise Pollution: Lagos State Seals 8 Mosques And Churches by Nobody: 9:51am On Nov 19, 2019
My neighbour here in Abuja pray on a VERY LOUD voice starting from 12am and stops around 3-4am EVERYDAY OO.

...and people find it difficult to complain because they believe he is doing the work of GOD. I even heard he has been doing that for years!! How come heaven has not fallen all this while

With all the number of churches, mosques, religious aggression and extremism,, yet nothing has changed.. it is even getting worse!!!

Nigeria and Religion,, why are we so black that we refuse to get sense

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

We Stand By Bishop Kukah’s Christmas Message — Catholic Secretariat / Andy Uba Detained At Force Headquarters, reason unclear - The Will / Women Storm Aba In Support Of Ikpeazu, Lampoon Anti-Governor Protesters (Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.