Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,852 members, 7,810,280 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 04:46 AM

Botswana And Rwanda, 2 African Countries With Good Governance (Pics, Videos) - Foreign Affairs (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Botswana And Rwanda, 2 African Countries With Good Governance (Pics, Videos) (45387 Views)

Zuma Hands Himself Over To Police, Begins 15-Month sentence (Pics, Videos) / 350 Elephants Die In Botswana (Photos) / Obama To Visit 2 African Countries, Will He Visit Nigeria? Check In! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Botswana And Rwanda, 2 African Countries With Good Governance (Pics, Videos) by MiddleDimension: 7:36am On Nov 20, 2019
Preetychina22:

Ironically most Nigerians in botswana are igbos so what's your point?. And yes gaborone and Kigali beats any city in Nigeria on any level.
Most of you just spill info you get online just to defend Nigeria and the politicians who have stolen your dreams.
I've lived in botswana for years and visited Kigali for at least 6 months combined.
Quote me and I'll school you on any topic.
Cheers.

the point is that someone who knows botswana won't say they've got no minerals
Re: Botswana And Rwanda, 2 African Countries With Good Governance (Pics, Videos) by Temptee101(m): 7:41am On Nov 20, 2019
ghuzy01:

Inferiority complex is worrying you.have you been to many federal institutions all over the country?Agreed we have decaying infrastructure but many universities in Nigeria are of even higher standard.Google Covenant uni,Bowen,American uni. Yola etc.

shocked

Shut up please, some of you hate to hear the truth shouting inferiority complex everywhere like an anthem. Tell me one sector in Nigeria that is even 10% working

2 Likes

Re: Botswana And Rwanda, 2 African Countries With Good Governance (Pics, Videos) by PopeFlatino(m): 7:42am On Nov 20, 2019
I once said it when Wizkid was in Tanzania that most African countries have advanced further than the so-called giant of Africa yet some idiots termed me a village boy...Now see these ones

1 Like

Re: Botswana And Rwanda, 2 African Countries With Good Governance (Pics, Videos) by Temptee101(m): 7:51am On Nov 20, 2019
aspiring44:

I could remember Dr Okonjo iweala was part of their economic team from world bank and she was retained in that country to help them formulate policies to get them out doldrums.

That is to say with good sincerity of purpose , accountability, transparency , good faith Nigeria can still turn things around for herself .

Though , she tried when she held sway as the minister of finance ,but political sense was more than economic sense from those that appointed her.

shocked

You were making sense until you said Nigeria could turn things around for good

Bros, just forget Nigeria and don't waste your hope on her. This is evident from the way things have been moving, we were better off 5 decades ago. We are not progressing one bit rather moving backwards in the speed of light. Ordinary election we can't peacefully conduct

I don't expect anything from Nigeria, I do my bit and leave the rest to God

4 Likes

Re: Botswana And Rwanda, 2 African Countries With Good Governance (Pics, Videos) by CoolAmbience(m): 7:54am On Nov 20, 2019
djdutchbrah:

PMB is a kingpin of corruption and and refuses to obey court orders. He is the number one promoter of corruption in the country.

What court orders?

Court orders from compromised judges? Not when those court orders threaten the peace and stability of the country.

The shiite leader leads a known violent group of religious extremists. You need to do your research on him. Same goes for the IPOB leader who incites his people to disrupt public peace.

As for being corrupt, maybe you should name companies that he owns and accounts where his looted funds are stashed with verifiable proofs. Otherwise, it is another baseless allegation.

We nor dey for beer parlour....
Re: Botswana And Rwanda, 2 African Countries With Good Governance (Pics, Videos) by Spatta: 7:59am On Nov 20, 2019
Nigerians Bob Marley said

"Emancipate yourselves from mental slavery;
None but ourselves can free our minds.
Have no fear for atomic energy,
'Cause none of them can stop the time.
How long shall they kill our prophets,
While we stand aside and look? Ooh!
Some say it's just a part of it:
We've got to fullfil the book."

Free yourselves from Hausa second slavery, Colonial masters are gone. Hausas are keeping Nigeria backward

Old pirates, yes, they rob I;
Sold I to the merchant ships,
Minutes after they took I
From the bottomless pit.
But my hand was made strong
By the 'and of the Almighty.
We forward in this generation
Triumphantly.
Won't you help to sing
This songs of freedom
'Cause all I ever have:
Redemption songs;
Redemption songs.

Won't you help to sing
This songs of freedom-
'Cause all I ever have:
Redemption songs;
Redemption songs;
Redemption songs

1 Like

Re: Botswana And Rwanda, 2 African Countries With Good Governance (Pics, Videos) by Studyinchina200(m): 8:02am On Nov 20, 2019
How come some of those Nigerians that have the opportunity to travel abroad are into to crimes.

You gonna blame the government for that too?

djdutchbrah:

Nigerians don't talk bad about the country just the fantastically corrupt leaders. Nigeria has produced some of the world's brightest minds. We excel in every country we go to and are among the most successful immigrants.
Nigeria is unfortunately ruled by a gang of bandits and thugs.

1 Like

Re: Botswana And Rwanda, 2 African Countries With Good Governance (Pics, Videos) by stanluiz(m): 8:02am On Nov 20, 2019
[quote author=plaindealer post=84190916][/quote]This is ogub and Lagos. What will you say about it ?

Hypocrite

Re: Botswana And Rwanda, 2 African Countries With Good Governance (Pics, Videos) by Agboriotejoye(m): 8:02am On Nov 20, 2019
[quote author=plaindealer post=84189915][/quote]
Ok. So buhari is better than kagame right?
Re: Botswana And Rwanda, 2 African Countries With Good Governance (Pics, Videos) by musicwriter(m): 8:03am On Nov 20, 2019
What nobody will tell you here is that in Botswana, education happens in their native language up till university.

What nobody will tell you is that in Rwanda, Christianity and Islam are not cherished religions. Their president, Paul Kagame has shut down many churches and mosques- one of two main causes of poverty in Nigeria.

What nobody will tell you is that both countries invest a good part of their money in education.

Language, education, and religion are the three causes of wealth or poverty. Get it right and you'll get other things right. Get it wrong and you'll get other things wrong.

6 Likes

Re: Botswana And Rwanda, 2 African Countries With Good Governance (Pics, Videos) by ndidigood(f): 8:09am On Nov 20, 2019
BobiNick:
Very true. Honestly Botswana is sure a well organized country.
do the HV Hausa tribe?just asking
Re: Botswana And Rwanda, 2 African Countries With Good Governance (Pics, Videos) by Laslaslala: 8:17am On Nov 20, 2019
djdutchbrah:
Nigeria should continue disgracing itself. The world is leaving it behind.
ABI THE WORLD HAS LEFT IT BEHIND

Let sw keep uniting with ABOKI to pepetrate injustice to other regions, this country can't go anywhere it's not a wish statement it's a natural law at play
Despite the backwardness mentality of those guys you Yorubas cares not as far as Ibo doesn't get to the corridors of power
But we are not necessarily after the seat just spread development evenly,not the type we see where governments have blatantly refused to develop southern ports meanwhile APAPA is extremely congested
But yet the GDP of eastern states keeps beating other regions
The power state of other regions like Lagos OGUN Kano kaduna where they have a high GDP watch their business environment and see how considerably a great no of IBOs are running affairs in most of their real sectors
Trying to hold anyone down doesn't guarantee your success
Our people say oji onye na'ala ji onwe ya.you that is holding anyone down you too will also remain down
Re: Botswana And Rwanda, 2 African Countries With Good Governance (Pics, Videos) by Memberclub(m): 8:20am On Nov 20, 2019
djdutchbrah:

Rwanda and Botwana are not perfect, but they are developing and progressing. And as long as they keep having visionary leaders in the next 20 years they will become the Singapore and Hong Kong of Africa. Foreign investors will continue to flood both countries including Nigerian businessmen.
lmao.
Re: Botswana And Rwanda, 2 African Countries With Good Governance (Pics, Videos) by Abagworo(m): 8:21am On Nov 20, 2019
Nothing spectacular from these videos and pictures. All I see is 3rd world written everywhere just like Nigeria, Ghana, Kenya, Tanzania and all of black Africa. We still have a long way to go.

With love from city of Kunshan in Jiansu province China.

1 Like

Re: Botswana And Rwanda, 2 African Countries With Good Governance (Pics, Videos) by biosystech: 8:22am On Nov 20, 2019
djdutchbrah:

Both countries have no natural resource like oil either.
Botswana actually has natural resource, diamond. Heck, they want to start (that's if they haven't started) refining diamonds in their country as against taking it to Britain for that. I agree with you that it is well run and governance there is ok. I don't mind visiting one day though, along with their fine ladies.

Rwanda, hmmm... It's not all you see that is shown you that is actually the truth.
Re: Botswana And Rwanda, 2 African Countries With Good Governance (Pics, Videos) by BobiNick(m): 8:22am On Nov 20, 2019
ndidigood:
do the HV Hausa tribe?just asking

No dear
Re: Botswana And Rwanda, 2 African Countries With Good Governance (Pics, Videos) by mofedamijo(m): 8:30am On Nov 20, 2019
solmusdesigns:
smiley

Inferiority complex is an issue affecting many Nigerians and thats why travel agents capitalise on their foolishness and self hate to decieve them to smaller countries promising them heaven and earth only for them to get there and notice that grass isnt greener and the locals there are also strugling to get few jobs available hence xenophobic crisis

Should we also snap pictures of selected areas in Nigeria, like Ikoyi, VI, Eko Atlantic, Abuja Business districs, Kano metropolise, Maitama, Asokoro .. beautiful parts of Portharcourt then we can also decieve people

Anyways, while we keep rubishing ourselves online so that people from Ghana , Togo and Kenya can ridicule us, the Lebanese, Chinese and Indians are trooping in to enjoy what we hate while our people are going out to slave off in mere kenya

you're absolutely right my brother, Nigerians are bleeped up, they go to a country, snap pictures am boom, that country is better than Nigeria, we have so many beautiful places in Nigeria too, secondly, i think must of the people who snaps this pix were living in huts before they left Nigeria....i have traveled the length and breath of Southern Africa, the capitals are beautiful, yes they have electricity, but the rest of the country is in shambles, secondly, an average Nigerian lives on his or her salary, this people live on loans, they need loans for everything they do. you are paid 10,000 rand as salary, tax takes about 4,000 you pay house rent monthly for about 3,000, you are left with what Nigeria is beautiful and yes we have ugly places,same with all this countries......

Re: Botswana And Rwanda, 2 African Countries With Good Governance (Pics, Videos) by Nobody: 8:37am On Nov 20, 2019
-
Re: Botswana And Rwanda, 2 African Countries With Good Governance (Pics, Videos) by Goddex: 8:38am On Nov 20, 2019
solmusdesigns:
smiley

Inferiority complex is an issue affecting many Nigerians and thats why travel agents capitalise on their foolishness and self hate to decieve them to smaller countries promising them heaven and earth only for them to get there and notice that grass isnt greener and the locals there are also strugling to get few jobs available hence xenophobic crisis

Should we also snap pictures of selected areas in Nigeria, like Ikoyi, VI, Eko Atlantic, Abuja Business districs, Kano metropolise, Maitama, Asokoro .. beautiful parts of Portharcourt then we can also decieve people

Anyways, while we keep rubishing ourselves online so that people from Ghana , Togo and Kenya can ridicule us, the Lebanese, Chinese and Indians are trooping in to enjoy what we hate while our people are going out to slave off in mere kenya

Oga, do you know that from Lagos to Accra, the only portion with
terrible road is the Lagos/Nigeria axis?

I will advise you to travel, travel and travel.
Start by visiting nearby countries - Benin, Ghana.

Then progress to either South Africa or Dubai.
Then Asian giants, Europe or North America
Re: Botswana And Rwanda, 2 African Countries With Good Governance (Pics, Videos) by Shattuck(m): 8:39am On Nov 20, 2019
HarryDuce:
Sometimes I imagine if people who write patriotic speeches like this know the kind of deep poo we're in. Forget Rwanda, Kenya, Botswana etc for a minute. Are you comfortable in the least bit with the way the country is and how it's run? Is the Image of the country more important than the well-being of her populace? What's even there to snap with half leaning electric poles and obscuring wires everywhere?
You might not be aware, but Nigeria had so many things working for her in the past that are now aspirations for the future. Imagine the retrogression. The government and the citizens are responsible here.

I don't see how its inferiority complex for not being content with rubbish and mediocrity. The Chinese make their money, most of them go back to their saner clime to enjoy their proceeds.
its so shameful that we have decided to settle for less.this is not the standard a nation should be proud of.
Re: Botswana And Rwanda, 2 African Countries With Good Governance (Pics, Videos) by didodidode: 8:41am On Nov 20, 2019
biosystech:
Botswana actually has natural resource, diamond. Heck, they want to start (that's if they haven't started) refining diamonds in their country as against taking it to Britain for that. I agree with you that it is well run and governance there is ok. I don't mind visiting one day though, along with their fine ladies.

Rwanda, hmmm... It's not all you see that is shown you that is actually the truth.

To be honest with you , I just came back from Rwanda less than 5 days . The system we have back home and the lack of human basic needs is annoying .

Rwanda is fast developing , crime is low and more Foriegn investors .
Re: Botswana And Rwanda, 2 African Countries With Good Governance (Pics, Videos) by Zimzy(m): 8:43am On Nov 20, 2019
SalamRushdie:
When you have many people who still support bad governance like Buhari what do you expect
Disaster!
Re: Botswana And Rwanda, 2 African Countries With Good Governance (Pics, Videos) by solmusdesigns: 8:44am On Nov 20, 2019
i have lived in dubai, being to qatar and oman and i have had flight stop over for a night in kigali during a rwandair of lagos to dubai so i know what am saying.. i have travelling since my university days and part of my family are citizens of other country and i will tell you again things aint greener in the other side... ask how your country men leave in dierah dubai or peckam, soho uk

i am saying my own to save the next fool who would sell off his asset and means of honest livilihood to get over there and get life shoking facts and reality, many you see snaping online are suicidal abroad

Goddex:

Oga, do you know that from Lagos to Accra, the only portion with
terrible road is the Lagos/Nigeria axis?

I will advise you to travel, travel and travel.
Start by visiting nearby countries - Benin, Ghana.

Then progress to either South Africa or Dubai.
Then Asian giants, Europe or North America

2 Likes

Re: Botswana And Rwanda, 2 African Countries With Good Governance (Pics, Videos) by SalamRushdie: 8:47am On Nov 20, 2019
solmusdesigns:
i have lived in dubai, being to qatar and oman and i have had flight stop over for a night in rwanda during a rwandair of lagos to dubai so i know what am saying.. i have travelling since my university days and part of my family are citizens of other country and i will tell you again things aint greener in the other side... ask how your country men leave in dierah dubai or peckam, soho uk

Meaning you are very satisfied with the standard of living in Nigeria ? Where do U people get this kind of wicked heart from please ? Where Sir ?

2 Likes

Re: Botswana And Rwanda, 2 African Countries With Good Governance (Pics, Videos) by biosystech: 8:48am On Nov 20, 2019
didodidode:

To be honest with you , I just came back from Rwanda less than 5 days . The system we have back home and the lack of human basic needs is annoying .

Rwanda is fast developing , crime is low and more Foriegn investors .
Rwanda is developing quite alright but no one will tell you what exactly is wrong with the country as many are afraid to speak up and that is quite understandable since they experienced a certain civil war.

Most visitors just visit the Genocide memorial, the big dome like structure at Kigali center without going to the interiors.

Opposition members are disappearing, Kagame subtly sponsors unrest in the neighboring Congo, thereby stealing Coltan, a valuable mineral and exporting without that mineral resource being native to Rwanda.

1 Like

Re: Botswana And Rwanda, 2 African Countries With Good Governance (Pics, Videos) by MiddleDimension: 8:49am On Nov 20, 2019
djdutchbrah:

Nigeria GDP per capita is $1925 per citizen, while Botwana GDP per capita is $8623.22. More than triple Nigeria GDP per capita. The average Botwana earns more than 3 times the average Nigerian and the ones that live in urban areas enjoy 24 hour electricity.
http://www.botswanaguardian.co.bw/news/item/1923-botswana-among-the-best-countries-in-electricity-access.html

so does switzerland over the US. Qatar over the UK etc. but i am not sure you can say these countries are better than the US. unfortunately, i know self hates like yours can only be cured by you, no one else!
Re: Botswana And Rwanda, 2 African Countries With Good Governance (Pics, Videos) by SalamRushdie: 8:51am On Nov 20, 2019
Jacseyi:
Same with Mauritius, these countries are developing. However, it's easier and faster to develop smaller countries compare to bigger ones.

Nonsense excuse

MiddleDimension:

so does switzerland over the US. Qatar over the UK etc. but i am not sure you can say these countries are better than the US. unfortunately, i know self hates like yours can only be cured by you, no one else!
Re: Botswana And Rwanda, 2 African Countries With Good Governance (Pics, Videos) by Nobody: 8:54am On Nov 20, 2019
-
Re: Botswana And Rwanda, 2 African Countries With Good Governance (Pics, Videos) by MiddleDimension: 8:54am On Nov 20, 2019
biosystech:
Rwanda is developing quite alright but no one will tell you what exactly is wrong with the country as many are afraid to speak up and that is quite understandable since they experienced a certain civil war.

Most visitors just visit the Genocide memorial, the big dome like structure at Kigali center without going to the interiors.

Opposition members are disappearing, Kagame subtly sponsors unrest in the neighboring Congo, thereby stealing Coltan, a valuable mineral and exporting without that mineral resource being native to Rwanda.

these people go to these countries spend only one week, then come back and say all kinds of things about naija
Re: Botswana And Rwanda, 2 African Countries With Good Governance (Pics, Videos) by Coolgent(m): 8:54am On Nov 20, 2019
Stop collect money before you vote any politician
Stop correction
Stop voting Buhari's like
Nigeria may develop
Re: Botswana And Rwanda, 2 African Countries With Good Governance (Pics, Videos) by Bahamas95(m): 9:09am On Nov 20, 2019
Nigeria is a disgrace to the African continent, infact to the world sef

See countries wey nor even reach one state for Nigeria. Chai!
Re: Botswana And Rwanda, 2 African Countries With Good Governance (Pics, Videos) by solmusdesigns: 9:09am On Nov 20, 2019
SalamRushdie:

Meaning you are very satisfied with the standard of living in Nigeria ? Where do U people get this kind of wicked heart from please ? Where Sir ?

Honestly i am comfortable but it my seem i am patronizing you with fallasy...

but let me work you through some bitter reality In Nigeria , yes Dubai has 24/7 electricity and in a year i only experienced 3 to 4 times of powercut it lasted few minutes to hours (and the few hours was hell as everywhere is hot and people stayed in tower apartment buildings meaning you have to climb tonnes of stairs as elevators wouldnt work).. but the cost of electricity in a month in dubai would keep my nigerian home and small office powered wether through generator or NEPA or MTN solar box for atleast 3 months, same way internet broadband Etisalat or Du would cost you about 200 aed, with that i can buy so much data on mtn glo that i will freely give people my wifi password, and when it comes to rent.. what you spend on a single room in a month would get you a nice flat in nigeria for a year rent

so you basically work to serve the Arab locals through rent , transport and other utility and tho the salary may seem high when converted into naira, but you wont be spending naira over there... and you can ask anybody who knows ajman beach in uae ansd ask how often people commit sucide without it making headline because UAE monitors its news

If you are comfortable in Nigeria all those countries are mere tourism centers as the overbloated infrastructures where paid through heavy loan and debt and the would squeze you to pay it back, in dubai the taxi metter jumps higher as you cross solik toll gate and you are fvcking going to pay it

as for me ooo i like my Nigeria

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Pictures Of Health Ministers Of The U.S, U.K, Belgium & Canada / China And Russia 'Developing Deadly Drones Which Attack Without Human Approval' / Coronavirus: Trump Unveils Plan To Reopen States In Phases

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.