Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,768 members, 7,817,119 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 06:23 AM

Tottenham Hotspur Appoint Jose Mourinho As New Coach - Sports (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Tottenham Hotspur Appoint Jose Mourinho As New Coach (39859 Views)

Tottenham Hotspur Appoint Jose Mourinho As Manager / Tottenham Hotspur Appoint Jose Mourinho As Manager / Who Should Replace Mourinho As Man.utd Coach? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Tottenham Hotspur Appoint Jose Mourinho As New Coach by Chubhie: 8:50am On Nov 20, 2019
9jayes:
Tottenham is going to win the league this season
Not this season. Next season perhaps after a very busy transfer market. Jose always delivers in his second season.

9 Likes

Re: Tottenham Hotspur Appoint Jose Mourinho As New Coach by Weirdgee: 8:50am On Nov 20, 2019
fergie001:

No, it wasn't...
He hasn't won an away game in the PL since Jan....
They are 14th on the table..
This is almost Dec..
It showed that they never got out of that ucl loss..
They just finished constructing their stadium costing close to £1bn...they need to re-coup and that's through trophies...
Most of their players are showing signs of not wanting to extend contracts....

Something had to give way, the coach is always the "target"
(If Roberto di Matteo can be sacked by Chelsea, no one is safe)

I feel for Poch...he is good at what he does but since 2014, no silverware.

He would find a new club soon...most likely dislodging "babyface" away from there..

Looking at Mou's CV, he offers the only thing Poch couldn't offer: "Silverware".
well said bro

3 Likes

Re: Tottenham Hotspur Appoint Jose Mourinho As New Coach by bisoye11(m): 8:53am On Nov 20, 2019
fergie001:

No, it wasn't...
He hasn't won an away game in the PL since Jan....
They are 14th on the table..
This is almost Dec..
It showed that they never got out of that ucl loss..
They just finished constructing their stadium costing close to £1bn...they need to re-coup and that's through trophies...
Most of their players are showing signs of not wanting to extend contracts....

Something had to give way, the coach is always the "target"
(If Roberto di Matteo can be sacked by Chelsea, no one is safe)

I feel for Poch...he is good at what he does but since 2014, no silverware.

He would find a new club soon...most likely dislodging "babyface" away from there..

Looking at Mou's CV, he offers the only thing Poch couldn't offer: "Silverware".

You people forgot he didn't sign new player for 2 years, can Jose maintain such momentum in such situation?champion league Final is the highest anyone would think spurs can achieve last season.

4 Likes

Re: Tottenham Hotspur Appoint Jose Mourinho As New Coach by bisoye11(m): 8:53am On Nov 20, 2019
Tarabye:

Sacking pochettino wasn't a wrong decision, calculate the games he won in 2019 he really failed, he only won 3 of his last 12 premier league games last season, and their currently on their worst premier league run since 2001
He failed to win any trophy throughout the five years he spent in Spurs not even a domestic cup, one thing I like about him is the tactics, he will attack against the top teams, even if they loose you will know they tried their best

You people forgot he didn't sign new player for 2 years, can Jose maintain such momentum in such situation?champion league Final is the highest anyone would think spurs can achieve last season.

6 Likes

Re: Tottenham Hotspur Appoint Jose Mourinho As New Coach by Chubhie: 8:54am On Nov 20, 2019
infogenius:
Food don don.
Premiership is getting more interesting.
Jose will want to beat Utd in a few weeks to prove a point.

Unfortunately, Tottenham may play boring football but will
definitely win a silverware.

Nice Gamble by David Levy
United won't be that easy to beat cos most of the United players would want to prove a point. I can readily assure you that every single first and second ball will be deathly contested on that day.

Gloves and shinguards off!!!

2 Likes

Re: Tottenham Hotspur Appoint Jose Mourinho As New Coach by Chubhie: 8:56am On Nov 20, 2019
Make I go Upper Iweka Road go buy my own spurs Jersey

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tottenham Hotspur Appoint Jose Mourinho As New Coach by fergie001: 8:57am On Nov 20, 2019
bisoye11:

What happened to other years?
Carling cup
FA

Spurs need something for now...even it's "silver-plate"... Just anything!

Big clubs depend on silverware.... That stadium shows they want to challenge for big things....do not be surprised if they sack Mou tomorrow and get a guardiola or a tuchel....

They need trophies like hell.

In the game of football, nobody remembers who came
"second ".

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tottenham Hotspur Appoint Jose Mourinho As New Coach by MrPsalmist(m): 8:57am On Nov 20, 2019
Harry Kane will be the best DMF in premier league

10 Likes

Re: Tottenham Hotspur Appoint Jose Mourinho As New Coach by bisoye11(m): 9:03am On Nov 20, 2019
fergie001:

What happened to other years?
Carling cup
FA

Spurs need something for now...even it's "silver-plate"... Just anything!

Big clubs depend on silverware.... That stadium shows they want to challenge for big things....do not be surprised if they sack Mou tomorrow and get a guardiola or a tuchel....

They need trophies like hell.

In the game of football, nobody remembers who came
" second ".

Let's see how it plays out, trophy is the hallmark of successful club, I wish Spurs well.

2 Likes

Re: Tottenham Hotspur Appoint Jose Mourinho As New Coach by fergie001: 9:08am On Nov 20, 2019
bisoye11:

Let's see how it plays out, trophy is the hallmark of successful club, I wish Spurs well.
Ya, same.
Re: Tottenham Hotspur Appoint Jose Mourinho As New Coach by Tarabye: 9:29am On Nov 20, 2019

2 Likes

Re: Tottenham Hotspur Appoint Jose Mourinho As New Coach by sholws(m): 9:32am On Nov 20, 2019
bisoye11:

He actually signed players this year. So far they haven't performed

3 Likes

Re: Tottenham Hotspur Appoint Jose Mourinho As New Coach by bisoye11(m): 9:36am On Nov 20, 2019
Tarabye:

I will blame Spurs board for this, and the worst thing is they will end up giving it to mourinho, no top manager can endure two years without signing, he transformed a lot of talent during his stay
On champions league final luck was on their side

You need luck to win trophy.

1 Like

Re: Tottenham Hotspur Appoint Jose Mourinho As New Coach by Jokerman(m): 9:37am On Nov 20, 2019
So I'm not a coded subtle Tottenham fan... grin Alresdy I'm a man utd, Real Madrid and Juve fan
Re: Tottenham Hotspur Appoint Jose Mourinho As New Coach by chucs: 9:39am On Nov 20, 2019
The most ungrateful club of the century award should got to Tottenham fc. After the great work Porchetino did with the club, they had to do him this bad.

He literally kept them afloat with the financial situation they were in because of the stadium project and all.

I hope Mourinho doesn't succeed with the club. They are very ungrateful.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tottenham Hotspur Appoint Jose Mourinho As New Coach by smartoliver(m): 9:44am On Nov 20, 2019
Big mistake embarassed
Re: Tottenham Hotspur Appoint Jose Mourinho As New Coach by lloyds(m): 10:10am On Nov 20, 2019
From frying pan to fire. .

Mourinho way no get joy. .
Re: Tottenham Hotspur Appoint Jose Mourinho As New Coach by Lordjb: 10:11am On Nov 20, 2019
Okay
Re: Tottenham Hotspur Appoint Jose Mourinho As New Coach by AuwalYusuf812(m): 10:12am On Nov 20, 2019
RIP to Tottenham in advance..
Re: Tottenham Hotspur Appoint Jose Mourinho As New Coach by ctleurocollege: 10:12am On Nov 20, 2019
Dem go finally win trophy
Re: Tottenham Hotspur Appoint Jose Mourinho As New Coach by Obiaksnews: 10:13am On Nov 20, 2019
Not chelsea fans ?
Chubhie:

Those behind that are arsenal and United fans.
Re: Tottenham Hotspur Appoint Jose Mourinho As New Coach by statusquoante: 10:13am On Nov 20, 2019
Really
Re: Tottenham Hotspur Appoint Jose Mourinho As New Coach by lloyds(m): 10:13am On Nov 20, 2019
Park the bus!
Re: Tottenham Hotspur Appoint Jose Mourinho As New Coach by BabaO2: 10:14am On Nov 20, 2019
Lampard will beat him home and away.
Re: Tottenham Hotspur Appoint Jose Mourinho As New Coach by Tookool(m): 10:15am On Nov 20, 2019
I don't understand this football thing oh ..... someone was relieved of his jobs months ago due to poor performance and management and another top flight club just employed that same person. Did Jose attend any special coaching course while he was unemployed to make up for the laxity in management he showcased while at Man United

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Tottenham Hotspur Appoint Jose Mourinho As New Coach by Petdagr8t(m): 10:15am On Nov 20, 2019
Welcome to spurs the special one, wish you the best of winnings in the remaining matches of the seaoson

4 Likes

Re: Tottenham Hotspur Appoint Jose Mourinho As New Coach by djoe21(m): 10:15am On Nov 20, 2019
Arsenal or Man Utd should go for Pochettino.

1 Like

Re: Tottenham Hotspur Appoint Jose Mourinho As New Coach by osazsky(m): 10:16am On Nov 20, 2019
omasohan:
Now, This is COMEDY .

But I think this is the right decision for a Tottenham point of view. They really need to win a trophy and Jose is the GO-TO man.
for where mou is dated
Re: Tottenham Hotspur Appoint Jose Mourinho As New Coach by tonquendo4u(m): 10:16am On Nov 20, 2019
Tottenham wey no de gree bring money. This marriage no go end well

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tottenham Hotspur Appoint Jose Mourinho As New Coach by OyiboOyibo(m): 10:16am On Nov 20, 2019
FROM FRYING PAN TO FIRE...THEY WILL STILL SACK HIM LATER
Re: Tottenham Hotspur Appoint Jose Mourinho As New Coach by Lush100(m): 10:17am On Nov 20, 2019
I don't see mou improving tot, (I forgot to add..on the long run)
anyway arsenal pls take poch now, let emery go.
we don't have stadium to build, we only want to build team.

3 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Brazil Vs Nigeria: Neymar Injured, Limps Out Of Friendly (Photos) / BBC Apologises After Sex Noise Was Heard In The Studio During A Live FA Cup / Everton Suspends Player After Being Linked To Child Sex Abuse

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.