Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,799 members, 7,956,047 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 10:30 PM

Tottenham Hotspur Appoint Jose Mourinho As New Coach - Sports (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Tottenham Hotspur Appoint Jose Mourinho As New Coach (40301 Views)

Tottenham Hotspur Appoint Jose Mourinho As Manager / Tottenham Hotspur Appoint Jose Mourinho As Manager / Who Should Replace Mourinho As Man.utd Coach? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Tottenham Hotspur Appoint Jose Mourinho As New Coach by infogenius(m): 12:17pm On Nov 20, 2019
charlesm91:
they damn need a trophy to feel good about their project. I get that Poch had a thing going on but since that ucl final defeat, something broke within the team and the only way is call in the fixer- Mou record as a shortterm coach has its ups and downs, but Tottenham need Mou to win, to get that mentality of being a winner and not a nearly winner. In the end when Mou leaves it might be bitter for both parties but they will realise the flame Mou woke in them.
P.S. Dani Levy needs to release funds for this to work.

You are very correct Sir.

1 Like

Re: Tottenham Hotspur Appoint Jose Mourinho As New Coach by SleekyP(m): 12:37pm On Nov 20, 2019
The crowd Mo will drive,let alone people betting away their lives grin grin

Special one is Baaaaaack!!!!

3 Likes

Re: Tottenham Hotspur Appoint Jose Mourinho As New Coach by Shollay20(m): 12:42pm On Nov 20, 2019
do you no why I like José because of his action. TH revenue will increased small because of José attitude on pitch and pre match conference.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tottenham Hotspur Appoint Jose Mourinho As New Coach by UrVillagePpl: 12:58pm On Nov 20, 2019
Odward:
Good for Tottenham. But I know, come Dec 4th Tottenham ain't beating Manchester united wink
Oga u sure.. am a man u fan, but Morinho is a tactical coach compart to Ole..

Only time shall tell

2 Likes

Re: Tottenham Hotspur Appoint Jose Mourinho As New Coach by 8stargeneral: 1:04pm On Nov 20, 2019
Laurene:
what is a major Trophy
champions league and premier league
Re: Tottenham Hotspur Appoint Jose Mourinho As New Coach by ebere10000: 1:08pm On Nov 20, 2019
Run your business smarter, faster and more efficiently
with our customized inventory management system to suit your business requirements..
Re: Tottenham Hotspur Appoint Jose Mourinho As New Coach by maziokafor1(m): 1:10pm On Nov 20, 2019
Mad move... Well its just like removing Good luck Jonathan and replacing him with Buhari. This one no be hate speech o. Abeg o
Re: Tottenham Hotspur Appoint Jose Mourinho As New Coach by beaulahestate(m): 1:18pm On Nov 20, 2019
AryaSand:
Uncle Mourinho is Backkkkkkkkkkkkkkkk!

[1:31 PM, 11/19/2019] Amb Peter E. Charles (BNI: In Our Direct Acres/Plots of Lands @ Agbara, Okoafo Badagry, Ibeju-Lekki** 

Affordable Genuine Plots at
Agbara-Igbesa Ph 1 = N1.5m
Agbara-Igbesa Ph2 = N900k
Okoafor Ph1 = N800k
Badagry Express)
Okoafor Ph2 = N600k
(Badagry Express)
Ibeju-Lekki Ph1 = N3m
(Itamarun, Dangote Ref)
Ibeju-Lekki Ph2 = N1m
(Igbogun, Tropicana)
Instalment Payment also Available

Title : Survey & Deed of Assignment
��������������������
call 07069444652

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Tottenham Hotspur Appoint Jose Mourinho As New Coach by HabuD: 1:27pm On Nov 20, 2019
This is exactly what I expected Arsenal to have done long ago. Sack Emery and bring in a strategist like Mourinho! But what do I know...Arsenal is bound for failures! Pochettino had been far more impressive than Emery but yet he was sacked for poor string of results. Emery has performed woefully this season but yet he was given a vote of confidence. Totenham shows a club that has a direction and eyes for a positive future!

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Tottenham Hotspur Appoint Jose Mourinho As New Coach by Asiwaju0001(m): 1:51pm On Nov 20, 2019
I hope the club won't regret their decision on the choice they went for.. Jose Morinho do no like abtiki taka game.

Congrats to him sha

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Tottenham Hotspur Appoint Jose Mourinho As New Coach by isaacprinz(m): 2:18pm On Nov 20, 2019
Person wey Arsenal suppose sign them dey there dey do any how. Until Emery finally sink us na him the board eye go clear, we dey watch no wahala.

3 Likes

Re: Tottenham Hotspur Appoint Jose Mourinho As New Coach by mightyjoe746: 2:24pm On Nov 20, 2019
yess! Mourinho is back! Entertainment is back to the epl, glamorous press conferences, confrontational approaches, Great punch lines during response to questions, I love this man. any manager in the world that wants to play Tottenham henceforth has double work to do. he is one of the best in world football.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Tottenham Hotspur Appoint Jose Mourinho As New Coach by Nobody: 2:32pm On Nov 20, 2019
isaacprinz:
Person wey Arsenal suppose sign them dey there dey do any how. Until Emery finally sink us na him the board eye go clear, we dey watch no wahala.

I once said that to one of their fans but he said "God Forbid"
I just dey look am since that day. Maybe na Pep Guardiola dem wan poach for Man-City, I know understand.

2 Likes

Re: Tottenham Hotspur Appoint Jose Mourinho As New Coach by blowjohn(m): 2:57pm On Nov 20, 2019
Tookool:
I don't understand this football thing oh ..... someone was relieved of his jobs months ago due to poor performance and management and another top flight club just employed that same person. Did Jose attend any special coaching course while he was unemployed to make up for the laxity in management he showcased while at Man United

What then will u say about the guy that was relieved of his job at Chelsea and immediately juventus signed him.
And the guy is doing badly at juventus.
Re: Tottenham Hotspur Appoint Jose Mourinho As New Coach by Laurene: 2:59pm On Nov 20, 2019
8stargeneral:
champions league and premier league
myopism is a problem
Re: Tottenham Hotspur Appoint Jose Mourinho As New Coach by Rajosh(m): 4:05pm On Nov 20, 2019
Man U are we going to wait until we get to 14th on the table before we do the needful?

2 Likes

Re: Tottenham Hotspur Appoint Jose Mourinho As New Coach by mastermaestro(m): 4:15pm On Nov 20, 2019
izombie:
And finally, spurs will win a trophy. Say what you want about mourinho but trophies follow him wherever he goes.

Exactly what he brings. He must win something.
Re: Tottenham Hotspur Appoint Jose Mourinho As New Coach by jatgod(m): 4:31pm On Nov 20, 2019
[color=#006600][/color]good one for him
CrazyScientist:
Tottenham Hotspur have confirmed the appointment of Jose Mourinho as their new manager after parting ways with former manager, Mauricio Pochettino. Speaking on their official website, they said,
We are delighted to announce the appointment of Jose Mourinho as Head Coach on a contract that runs until the end of the 2022/23 season.

Jose is one of the world’s most accomplished managers having won 25 senior trophies. He is renowned for his tactical prowess and has managed FC Porto, Inter Milan, Chelsea, Real Madrid and Manchester United. He has won a domestic title in a record four different countries (Portugal, England, Italy and Spain) and is one of only three managers to have won the UEFA Champions League twice with two clubs, FC Porto in 2004 and Inter Milan in 2010. He is also a three-time Premier League Champion with Chelsea (2005, 2006, 2015).

Commenting on the appointment, Chairman Daniel Levy said: “In Jose we have one of the most successful managers in football. He has a wealth of experience, can inspire teams and is a great tactician. He has won honours at every club he has coached. We believe he will bring energy and belief to the dressing room.”

Speaking on his appointment, Jose said: “I am excited to be joining a Club with such a great heritage and such passionate supporters. The quality in both the squad and the academy excites me. Working with these players is what has attracted me.”

SOURCE: https://www.tottenhamhotspur.com/news/2019/november/jose-mourinho-appointed-new-head-coach/

Re: Tottenham Hotspur Appoint Jose Mourinho As New Coach by Chubhie: 4:36pm On Nov 20, 2019
I don't understand this argument of Chairman Levy not making transfer funds available. Levy always injects cash when I use to manage Tottenham back then in FM.
Re: Tottenham Hotspur Appoint Jose Mourinho As New Coach by Chubhie: 4:37pm On Nov 20, 2019
mightyjoe746:
yess! Mourinho is back! Entertainment is back to the epl, glamorous press conferences, confrontational approaches, Great punch lines during response to questions, I love this man. any manager in the world that wants to play Tottenham henceforth has double work to do. he is one of the best in world football.
The best pragmatist in the game
Re: Tottenham Hotspur Appoint Jose Mourinho As New Coach by God2man2again(m): 4:42pm On Nov 20, 2019
Rumxy:

His tactics are really outdated. He doesn't train his players hard and they are not usually very fit because he prefers to defend and counter attack while retaining energy. Modern football has gone past that stage, every team works very hard these days fighting for every loose ball from attack to defence. See how Liverpool, man city and most top teams play today. I taught he would have gone for a coaching course during his hiatus, instead he went into punditry. Well goodluck to him. I think he would do well for the first two seasons because Tottenham possess better players than Man United but also have aging players especially in defence which was why Pochetino wanted to rebuild.
Trophies or not, I don't think most top managers can achieve what Poch did with Tottenham in a very competitive league like EPL with world class managers. The least the club would have done was to give him this season and funds to rebuild the team considering he went 2 years without any signing and still achieved top 4 and champ league final. That's a huge revenue for the club. They didn't treat him well at all.

I disagree. If you give Jose the right players in the right position, I believe he is more than capable to turn things around for the club.
The problem is not only the coaching crew but the right players in their rightful position.

He has done it before, give him a break.

1 Like

Re: Tottenham Hotspur Appoint Jose Mourinho As New Coach by DaveedXI: 5:08pm On Nov 20, 2019
Tarabye:

Sacking pochettino wasn't a wrong decision, calculate the games he won in 2019 he really failed, he only won 3 of his last 12 premier league games last season, and their currently on their worst premier league run since 2001
He failed to win any trophy throughout the five years he spent in Spurs not even a domestic cup, one thing I like about him is the tactics, he will attack against the top teams, even if they loose you will know they tried their best

lol...this guy just described Pochettino inside out...

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Tottenham Hotspur Appoint Jose Mourinho As New Coach by samsam2019: 5:16pm On Nov 20, 2019
BlaqTesla:

Baba go n retire ooo, this ppl go end your caria wit shame ooo! dem go sack you if you no do well
with your thoughtless bile one would have thought you were referring to an everyday coach. But alas, the man you're talking about is one of greatest coaches in the history of football.

I think you should sack yourself off this forum cos all you will bring to yourself is shame
Re: Tottenham Hotspur Appoint Jose Mourinho As New Coach by PromzyNaks(m): 5:23pm On Nov 20, 2019
MorataFC:
mourinho can not manage a low budget team

So in your opinion Porto and Inter were high budget teams in 2003/2004 and 2009/2010 respectively?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Tottenham Hotspur Appoint Jose Mourinho As New Coach by despi64(m): 5:33pm On Nov 20, 2019
AryaSand:
Uncle Mourinho is Backkkkkkkkkkkkkkkk!
Come and suck prick
Re: Tottenham Hotspur Appoint Jose Mourinho As New Coach by hermesprogidy(m): 6:31pm On Nov 20, 2019
Manu should go for Pochetino
Re: Tottenham Hotspur Appoint Jose Mourinho As New Coach by Rumxy(m): 6:36pm On Nov 20, 2019
God2man2again:

I disagree. If you give Jose the right players in the right position, I believe he is more than capable to turn things around for the club.
The problem is not only the coaching crew but the right players in their rightful position.

He has done it before, give him a break.

He might be successful with Tottenham and I say might because he won't get the finances he needs to succeed and Tottenham can't compete with the big boys in the market. I still insist his coaching methods are going out of fashion. Why do you think Juve severed ties with a very successful Allegri to hire the lesser successful Sarri. It is because Allegri is pragmatic while Sarri plays an expansive brand of football which is what every fan wants. Secondly, Mourinho might get them one or two trophies which I think is the angle Tottenham looked at before hiring him to justify their new status as one of football elite clubs. The challenge here is that will Tottenham buy into Mourinho's short term approach of buying mostly already made players who are very expensive in today's market or even approaching 30s or will he buy into tottenham's approach of signing mostly potentials and giving them the platform to excel. We know mourinho doesn't always exercise patience with young players.

The only factor that would work for him at Tottenham is that the pressure to succeed is not as huge as man utd, Chelsea or real Madrid. With that, he will likely buy into Tottenham's philosophy and then be patient.
Re: Tottenham Hotspur Appoint Jose Mourinho As New Coach by judedwriter(m): 6:50pm On Nov 20, 2019
mastermaestro:

Exactly what he brings. He must win something.

If he wins the FA cup and qualfies spurs for the Champs league, he would have a very good season.

The temptation of the big publicity of the EPL seems too much for morinho to avoid.
Re: Tottenham Hotspur Appoint Jose Mourinho As New Coach by Nobody: 7:06pm On Nov 20, 2019
Just watch the resurrection of Tottenham. My number one Coach- Mourinho.

2 Likes

Re: Tottenham Hotspur Appoint Jose Mourinho As New Coach by BENEAMATA: 7:46pm On Nov 20, 2019
Chubhie:
We're back in business!!! I study Jose Mourinho like the communist manifesto! My unflinching loyalty to his person, ideas and approaches was never in doubt.

Jose Mourinho is the best in the game!!!!
hear ! Hear !! True talk . Plus mourinho's foe is my enemy so you know what that makes you to me . Jose come storm and highwater . Haters , help yourseves and do one .no time .

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

“I Almost Killed Myself When My Wife Left” – Idah Peterside / Ava And Mia: Mikel Obi Twin Daughters Have Lunch / Edwin Van DER Sar: Manchester United's Legendary Goalkeeper In ICU

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.